Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Trayvon Martin Shooting Case: Eyewitness Says Martin Attacked Zimmerman

Many problems here. I agree that GZ was probably the type looking for trouble and willing to escalate it, let's remember he had previously been arrested 3 times.

"According to a records search on George, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence — a felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.
All three of those arrests, however, were mysteriously closed with no semblance of charges for the Florida resident. So how was someone with a violent past including that of battery against an officer able to carry a 9 mm handgun? "

It's painfully clear that probably GZ's father, a judge, got him out of his crimes..

Let's face it, our culture still will look suspect on a young black male in a mostly white neighborhood. I watched one show where they used actors and had 3 white youths vandalizing a car in the open in a mostly white used park, many walked by, but only one man called the police, but when they used three black youths doing the same, over 10 calls were made in 30 minutes and several even confronted the black youths.

We will never know the complete truth, the alleged victim is dead, but it's clear, GZ was empowered because he had a gun and liked to stick his nose in situations, the right or wrong of it we won't know. Heck, GZ could have approached the guy with his gun out and Tray thought he was in trouble, attacked to defend himself and got shot.

Many problems here. I agree that GZ was probably the type looking for trouble and willing to escalate it, let's remember he had previously been arrested 3 times.

"According to a records search on George, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence — a felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.
All three of those arrests, however, were mysteriously closed with no semblance of charges for the Florida resident. So how was someone with a violent past including that of battery against an officer able to carry a 9 mm handgun? "

It's painfully clear that probably GZ's father, a judge, got him out of his crimes..

Let's face it, our culture still will look suspect on a young black male in a mostly white neighborhood. I watched one show where they used actors and had 3 white youths vandalizing a car in the open in a mostly white used park, many walked by, but only one man called the police, but when they used three black youths doing the same, over 10 calls were made in 30 minutes and several even confronted the black youths.

We will never know the complete truth, the alleged victim is dead, but it's clear, GZ was empowered because he had a gun and liked to stick his nose in situations, the right or wrong of it we won't know. Heck, GZ could have approached the guy with his gun out and Tray thought he was in trouble, attacked to defend himself and got shot.
Fantastic Post:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

I told this story before on here, but anyway I remember being stabbed under the heart on Fort Benning by a white E-6 because he did not want my kids playing with his. And even though I had to people with me who saw everything a E-4 and a E-5 who showed up in military court told what they saw because they were standing with me. A all white jury of Sergeant Majors came back with a not guilty plea. And they let this fool walk. I was told by my military lawyer to take this up in civilian court when I got back to Philly. Because I was out of the Army when this went to trial, and the Army flew me back to Georgia for the trial. But anyway when I got out of the Army I went back to doing drugs so I did not care anymore. Looking back on it I wish that I did care and sued them. So I know what it is like to have the law that is supposed to protect you act like criminals and that is just what that jury did to me. And it was unprovoked what this guy did to me, because he did not want my black kids playing with his white kids. His wife was okay with it, but he was not. So he just ran up to me plunged the knife in me and twisted the knife, and then ran back over to his lawn. And the 2 people that were with me were about no more than a foot to 2 feet away, because we were all talking while are wives were talking to each other inside, and we were standing outside. Well I think it is to late for me to sue now, that was August of 1980. So I am saying all that to say this, the law does not always work. Juries do not always get it right.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sg=AFQjCNHHhVlQUdszsa3MbK5ZinNqOrX4tw&cad=rja

I told this story before on here, but anyway I remember being stabbed under the heart on Fort Benning by a white E-6 because he did not want my kids playing with his. And even though I had to people with me who saw everything a E-4 and a E-5 who showed up in military court told what they saw because they were standing with me. A all white jury of Sergeant Majors came back with a not guilty plea. And they let this fool walk. I was told by my military lawyer to take this up in civilian court when I got back to Philly. Because I was out of the Army when this went to trial, and the Army flew me back to Georgia for the trial. But anyway when I got out of the Army I went back to doing drugs so I did not care anymore. Looking back on it I wish that I did care and sued them. So I know what it is like to have the law that is supposed to protect you act like criminals and that is just what that jury did to me. And it was unprovoked what this guy did to me, because he did not want my black kids playing with his white kids. His wife was okay with it, but he was not. So he just ran up to me plunged the knife in me and twisted the knife, and then ran back over to his lawn. And the 2 people that were with me were about no more than a foot to 2 feet away, because we were all talking while are wives were talking to each other inside, and we were standing outside. Well I think it is to late for me to sue now, that was August of 1980. So I am saying all that to say this, the law does not always work. Juries do not always get it right.

yes sadly and even they could have convicted him with less then 2/3 agreement in the jury and resonable believe that he did. a travesty. i know that wouldnt likely happen today.

ok. let me put this way. since my parents used to have a neighborhood watch program in their area. should they that do that watching not carry?

Darn I have to go back on my word for this one, but just to set the record straight, Correct. There are no Neighborhood Watch programs that advocate carrying a gun and patrolling the neighborhood. In fact, all the nationally known programs specifically say not to do that.

I know this because I started one for my neighborhood. I have a flood of emails from this incident.

Here is an interesting story that digs a little more into Zimmerman. It should be noted, and I know this for a fact, there is a registered Crime Watch program in Zimmerman's neighborhood, but it does not have Zimmerman listed as the person who started it, or is heading it up in any way.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425

Last edited by a moderator:
If anything this highlights what a terrible law the Florida "Stand your ground" law is....

If a man was following you as you're returning home from the store, confronts you, is antagonistic towards you and you fight back... he can shoot you dead and then say that it was in self-defense.

There is no way, no how this case should not go to trial. It needs to be tried in the courts (not the media) and definitely call into question the law.

Perhaps Zimmerman will be set free.... which means that a man can kill an unarmed kid who went on a snack run during half-time... and it's all OK. :nono2

This case had nothing to do with the 'Stand your ground law', but the liberals want to make an issue out of that.

It has to do with the right to self defense if your life is in danger.

I'm not saying Zimmerman's life was in danger, I don't know.

I don't believe Zimmerman should have been there doing what he was doing though.
I could see watching his own neighborhood and reporting.
I can't justify following someone you deem "suspicious" knowing you are armed.

ok. let me put this way. since my parents used to have a neighborhood watch program in their area. should they that do that watching not carry?

yes one does put oneself at risk and i myself even with a gun wouldnt engage them but really and honestly pard will agree the cops gun isnt for you but to protect himself! that is why you always seem them backing up and giving orders to drop the weapon and lie on the ground so that if the perp does attack they appear to be the agressor!

I would watch with a gun and a phone. I would not engage with a gun, only report.

We have a neighborhood watch in my area as well.

If we are going to examine GZ's past shouldn't we also examine TM's past?

Stolen jewelery, marijuana, gang pictures,etc..

Neither was innocent, but this tradgedy could have easily been avoided.

It has nothing to do with guns or race. It has to do with the actions of two humans.

Lawrence O'Donnell EVISCERATES George Zimmerman 'friend' Joe Oliver. Part I.

This is very interesting, whats up with this guy, is he believable ?
[video=youtube;1IKKqnF0WlE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1IKKqnF0WlE#![/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
hear the county and city(whom i work for) dispatcher are useless. by the time you call them to tell them and report only. if the guy sees you and decides to attack you then what? die if they mean to kill you. of course common sense you arent a patrol officer but what bout them armed guards at all thes ritzi neighboorhoods that have millionaires in them? what is class d and g for?

Back