Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Trump Goes Full Fascist

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
No, there's a difference between being "Christian" and being a "Christian Nationalist".

Yes, the Christian seeks to inherit the kingdom of heaven, while the Christian Nationalist have their sights set on the kingdoms of this world. The Christian Nationalist followed Jesus into the desert to be tempted of the devil, and the devil showed them how to feed stones for bread. When they came to the pinnacle and the devil said all these kingdoms I give to you if you bow down and worship me, they said okay; even prostrating themselves before the great orange one.

I'm not a Republican any more than I am a Democrat. Sorry.

Yeah, whatever. That doesn't excuse why you make the same idiotic claims as those on the cuckoo right about what policies constitute fascism. And on top of that, you only seem to be critical of and calling Democratic policies fascism, but when asked about Republican policies, you deferred. I mean surely when you can define fascism as what ever you want it to be you can come up with some Republican Policy you can point to that you would consider fascism in action.

Yeah, whatever. That doesn't excuse why you make the same idiotic claims as those on the cuckoo right about what policies constitute fascism. And on top of that, you only seem to be critical of and calling Democratic policies fascism, but when asked about Republican policies, you deferred. I mean surely when you can define fascism as what ever you want it to be you can come up with some Republican Policy you can point to that you would consider fascism in action.
No, I didn't defer. I'm just not going to go tit for tat with you as I said. My point all along was that our current administration isn't any better and in my opinion, and might even be worse.

Yes, the Christian seeks to inherit the kingdom of heaven, while the Christian Nationalist have their sights set on the kingdoms of this world. The Christian Nationalist followed Jesus into the desert to be tempted of the devil, and the devil showed them how to feed stones for bread. When they came to the pinnacle and the devil said all these kingdoms I give to you if you bow down and worship me, they said okay; even prostrating themselves before the great orange one.
It's interesting to see you post that, because during the 2016 campaign I noticed so many Christians casting their values and morals aside for political gain that I often thought just as you....those MAGA Christians would have eagerly taken Satan's offer.

It's kinda frustrating to see the AZ Mirror refer to Fuentes et al. as "white nationalists", when the more accurate term would be "Neo-Nazis".

Is a white nationalist part of Kari Lake’s team? Her campaign won’t say.

Kari Lake grinned widely and flashed a thumbs up as she posed for a photo Sunday with a far-right political operative who is reportedly a fervent follower and close associate of white nationalist Nick Fuentes.

A few days before the event for campaign volunteers, Wade Searle, who worked as the digital director for U.S. Rep. Paul Gosar until shortly after he was unmasked as one the “strongest soldiers” for white nationalist leader Nick Fuentes, was standing almost directly behind Lake at a press conference where Wyoming U.S. Sen. John Barrasso endorsed her.

It’s unclear if Searle is working for Lake or what ties he has to her campaign for U.S. Senate.

Searle was outed by Talking Points Memo in May 2023 as a prominent member of the “groyper” movement, the name for a collection of young white nationalists who use online trolling tactics and aim to normalize extreme and racist views by aligning them with Christianity and so-called “traditional” values.

Fuentes, a Holocaust denier and Hitler-loving racist, is largely seen as the leader of the groyper movement, which has a strong presence in Arizona. When Searle was working with Gosar, the congressman often posted memes steeped in white nationalist and neo-Nazi subculture. Searle was also not the only staffer in Gosar’s office with similar views.

The Lake campaign did not respond to requests for comment on what role, if any, Searle has within the Lake campaign. Attempts to contact Searle, who has recently been marketing himself as a consultant for conservative political campaigns, were unsuccessful.

No, there's a difference between being "Christian" and being a "Christian Nationalist".

I disagree because a christian is just a christian, and the definition of a nationalist is a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and supports its interests. So someone who loves there country and it comes first.

I thought that was just normal for a country where the countries interests comes first, and those who represent the country like Presidant and congress support and have the people and countries interests at heart.

Some peope have tried redefine where christian nationalist somehow ls far-right and different from just christian.

I thought if someone is in government and they put foreign countries interests before there own countries and peoples interests that would be classed as crooked. The definition of a natuonalist, someone who loves there country, the definition says a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and supports its interests.

I disagree because a christian is just a christian, and the definition of a nationalist is a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and supports its interests. So someone who loves there country and it comes first.

I thought that was just normal for a country where the countries interests comes first, and those who represent the country like Presidant and congress support and have the people and countries interests at heart.

Some peope have tried redefine where christian nationalist somehow ls far-right and different from just christian.
Then you didn't pay attention to the article. A "Christian Nationalist" is:

"the belief that the American nation is defined by Christianity, and that the government should take active steps to keep it that way. Popularly, Christian nationalists assert that America is and must remain a “Christian nation”—not merely as an observation about American history, but as a prescriptive program for what America must continue to be in the future."

Obviously not all Christians hold those beliefs, thus the distinction between "Christian" and "Christian Nationalist".

Then you didn't pay attention to the article. A "Christian Nationalist" is:

"the belief that the American nation is defined by Christianity, and that the government should take active steps to keep it that way. Popularly, Christian nationalists assert that America is and must remain a “Christian nation”—not merely as an observation about American history, but as a prescriptive program for what America must continue to be in the future."

Obviously not all Christians hold those beliefs, thus the distinction between "Christian" and "Christian Nationalist".

Going from the first amendment the USA is not a christian nation, its says congree shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. So America is a free country.

As long as a christians are allowed to pray in private or public without interference, and believe what they want to believe in there religious beliefs as the 1st amendement gives them that right, then there should be no problem right?.

Going from the first amendment the USA is not a christian nation, its says congree shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. So America is a free country.

As long as a christians are allowed to pray in private or public without interference, and believe what they want to believe in there religious beliefs as the 1st amendement gives them that right, then there should be no problem right?.
That's correct, and is why "Christian Nationalists" are both wrong and dangerous.

GIFNENNWoAAnd-Z

Some individuals are crazy, but so long as the 1st amendment is protected your can never be forced to take part in a prayer to Jesus, or forced to convert to islam and live under sharia, and so on as everyone is protected.

No one has to respect anyone elses religion or beliefs and cater to them. If you believe in 2 genders 2 pronouns you believe in 2 genders and 2 pronous, of someone believes in 50 genders and 50 pronouns thats there belief.

Trump meets with Orban, Hungary’s autocratic leader

The meeting immediately drew rebuke from Biden, who cited Orban’s criticisms of democracy

Former president Donald Trump met with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban on Friday, continuing his embrace of autocratic world leaders as he seeks reelection for the American presidency...

Orban has worked to undermine key democratic institutions in Hungary since coming into power in 2010. A self-proclaimed proponent of “illiberal” Christian democracy, he’s championed restrictions on LGBTQ+ rights and immigration while cracking down on the country’s judiciary and the press...

“There’s nobody that’s better, smarter or a better leader than Viktor Orban,” Trump said Friday night. The former president, in an apparent nod to the Hungarian leader’s autocratic approach, went on to say Orban is “a noncontroversial figure because he says, ‘This is the way it’s going to be,’ and that’s the end of it. Right? He’s the boss. No, he’s a great leader.”...

President Biden slammed the Trump-Orban meeting on Friday, saying it demonstrated his main rival’s authoritarian tendencies.

“You know [who Trump is] meeting with today down at Mar-a-Lago? Orban of Hungary, who stated flatly he doesn’t think democracy works,” Biden said at a campaign stop in Pennsylvania. “He’s looking for dictatorship ... that’s who he’s meeting with. I see a future where we defend democracy, not diminish it.”

The accuser says "I’m legally a woman, she knows I’m a woman, and she calls me a man.".

How does the accuser know that the accused identifies as a "she", is that not also claiming someone elses gender?, calling someone a she when they might not identify as a "she". I think your supposed to call them a they/them.

"The nation’s Labour Party would make deliberately calling someone by the wrong gender a hate crime punishable by imprisonment"?.

So basically freedom of speech, belief, science, and religion, would be limited.

So everyone would be forced to believe someone is a man or woman because of that persons personal belief or they face prison?.

In Thailand there is alot of ladyboys, and thats what they call themselves, and are open and honest about it. They will never call themselves a women or force anyone to call them a woman. They just transgender.

If someone is a adult then they should have the freedom to do what they want to do and what makes them happy without interference so if a man is happier living a life like a woman or a woman is happier living there life like a man then so be it. But it should not be forced on others to accept it.

What if someone believes a woman is a man because the definition of a woman and man is apparently open now, so calling someone who identifies as a woman a man is really calling them a woman?.

Archaeologists and scientists doing DNA tests and analising and all that stuff, i guess they woould have to identofy everything as a they/them or it could be a hate crime. Assuming its gender. That could be prison.

Forensic investiigators find the remains of a human and do some tests to try confirm there identify, but it cannot be either male or female, it has to be a they/them a possible male or female.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back