Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Trying to find faith but have doubts

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Taafe

2024 Supporter
Hello,

My first post. I’m trying to learn and find out about Jesus and want to lead a good life in the name of Jesus.

I’ve purchased the NKJV study bible and just started a course on The Bible Society. Been looking for a local church however, I have social anxiety so would find it difficult just walking into a church.

Also, I’ve downloaded the Blue Letter Bible and Bible project apps and subscribed to a few good Christian YouTube channels.

I’ve been praying to God and asking him for help and guidance to lead me in the right direction and promised him I will not give up until I have a true understanding and want a relationship with him.

I have lots of questions/doubts but these are the main points I keep coming to.

If Adam and Eve are the first two human beings does that mean their children had sex to keep reproducing? If so, why do we have different races?

How does Jesus being crucified by “human beings” forgive us for our sins?

If it was gods plan that Jesus was to be crucified then why was he angry after his death?

With over 4000 different beliefs how is it possible to choose? Why do true believers of their GOD insist they have a loving relationship and are filled with peace, love and Joy? Surely, only the believers of the one true GOD shall only experience this?

How do I find Christians around my age? I don't want to sound horrible but most churches I see around my area are mainly elderly people.

I Apologise for the long post and most likely silly questions but I'm unsure how else to find out etc.

Thank you 🙏

Hello,

My first post. I’m trying to learn and find out about Jesus and want to lead a good life in the name of Jesus.

I’ve purchased the NKJV study bible and just started a course on The Bible Society. Been looking for a local church however, I have social anxiety so would find it difficult just walking into a church.

Also, I’ve downloaded the Blue Letter Bible and Bible project apps and subscribed to a few good Christian YouTube channels.

I’ve been praying to God and asking him for help and guidance to lead me in the right direction and promised him I will not give up until I have a true understanding and want a relationship with him.

If Adam and Eve are the first two human beings does that mean their children had sex to keep reproducing? If so, why do we have different races?

If it was gods plan that Jesus was to be crucified then why was he angry after his death?

With over 4000 different beliefs how is it possible to choose? Why do true believers of their GOD insist they have a loving relationship and are filled with peace, love and Joy? Surely, only the believers of the one true GOD shall only experience this?

How do I find Christians around my age? I don't want to sound horrible but most churches I see around my area are mainly elderly people.

I Apologise for the long post and most likely silly questions but I'm unsure how else to find out etc.

Thank you 🙏
Welcome to CFnet. There is no such thing as a silly question. You are asking a lot of questions in one post and that will make it difficult to address them without creating confusion. I might suggest breaking each question you have into a separate discussion. That might help make it easier to sort through the responses.

As you've already mentioned, there are many different dogmas or doctrines so you may encounter variations in the responses. One reason for this is due to how we interpret what Scriptures say. For example, give a group of people a task to read a paragraph and then ask them to explain what they've read and you will likely get more than one different answer.

But, with all Christian denominations there are some basic tenants that hold true. Primarily that we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and therefore we all need a savior. That savior is the Christ, Jesus, who lived, died, and rose again to offer salvation for all who believe. Additionally, Jesus Himself said that He is the resurrection and the life and the only way to the Father is through Him.

You mention that you have social anxiety. Perhaps if you could find a pastor or other Christian person that you can trust and just meet with them one-on-one it might be easier for you. I would also strongly suggest that if possible you find a way to become part of a Christian fellowship, whether in a church or small group Bible study or prayer group.

Greetings and congratulations on deciding to make Jesus Lord over your life. I can try to give you some brief answers to your questions, although each of these should probably have their own thread.

But about the above, yes. Their children married each other.

It paid a price we couldn't pay. He was crucified despite being sinless and innocent, and did so on our behalf, so that when He ascended into Heaven after death the way was now paved for us to enter Heaven as well.

What anger are you referring to?
With over 4000 different beliefs how is it possible to choose?

Knowing the Holy Spirit as your Teacher.
Why do true believers of their GOD insist they have a loving relationship and are filled with peace, love and Joy?

Well, because they do. :)

That one can be tougher, but not impossible. But even if you can't find a younger church you can likely find some believers more your age on the forums. But just keep in mind, with a younger church can sometimes come greater spiritual immaturity, so as far as growing in the faith is concerned, it's sometimes better to be around older people anyway.

But if it's for the sake of finding a Christian woman, that's something you can believe God for if you can get in the habit of praying more.

God bless, and welcome to Christian Forums.
- H

Do what I do. Go to a large church (lot of people) and then you can hide among the masses. It's like antelope and a lion. If there is only one antelope, then the lion is going after it. If there are 100 antelope then the lion isn't likely to notice you. Same in church...if 10 people go there they all know each other and will notice you but if 200 go there you can hide amongst the masses.

...cause God makes the rules and we don't have to understand them or rationalize them.
... there are 7 or so theories on this. See following for most popular theory: https://www.gotquestions.org/penal-substitution.html

With over 4000 different beliefs how is it possible to choose?

EXCELLENT QUESTION. You won't find the verifiable answer here or with any person. Hopefully God leads you in the right direction. So many denominations. It is bewildering.
Hint: you need to find a source that can put all the ideas in scripture together without contradiction. It is not possible (well, highly improbable) that you can do it yourself. Read several SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY books. They are written to organize the bible. It will take time. Then find a church that is in agreement with your studies.

You have to shop. This is of vital importance if you are of dating age.

I Apologise for the long post and most likely silly questions but I'm unsure how else to find out
Excellent questions ...good chance the answers won't be as wise

Hi Taafe and welcome to CF :wave2

That's a lot of questions, but yet we all have them. It would take up to much time explaining each one within the details to answer each one sufficiently. Maybe you could take one question that seems more important then another and we could all start there.

I would also suggest that when you are reading the Bible Start with the book of John in the NT as this will explain who Jesus is and our relationship with him and will answer some of your questions. Then go to the book of Acts as this will teach you about the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that will teach you in all truths.

Adam and Eve had many sons and daughters. In order to populate the earth these sons and daughters were allowed by God to marry and reproduce to populate the earth until God gave a law in Leviticus 18 to no longer marry close kin.
Some of this is also in the book of Jubilee that is found in the Apocrypha that was not considered to be part of the Canon of our Bible, but yet good teachings we can learn from.

As far as skin color the pigment changes according to genetics and intensity of the sun's light.

Hi 👋

I think 🤔 prayer is key 🔑. Real life experiences on your journey may change your doctrinal perspective. My great uncle started as a hardcore Calvinist with conservative views all that. By the time he passed away in his late 80s he was a Pentecostal with that old school belief system…

Faith and miracles and forgiveness and repentance and redemption…

And Micah 6:8 was written in his favorite Bible.

Hello,

Thank you 🙏
Hi Taafe, welcome to the forum sir. The first thing we learn about someone is their name. Likely you have heard God's name before, but it may have not meant anything to you. Jesus made it known Jn 17:26. What is the name of God, many versions of the Bible include it at Psalms 93:18. The American Standard Version renders it this way: Ps 83:18 That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, Art the Most High over all the earth.

How does you Bible version render it sir?

1. If Adam and Eve are the first two human beings does that mean their children had sex to keep reproducing? If so, why do we have different races?

2. How does Jesus being crucified by “human beings” forgive us for our sins?

3. If it was gods plan that Jesus was to be crucified then why was he angry after his death?

4. With over 4000 different beliefs how is it possible to choose? Why do true believers of their GOD insist they have a loving relationship and are filled with peace, love and Joy? Surely, only the believers of the one true GOD shall only experience this?

Faith in God is by believing that Christ is the Son of God.

The Son of God is begotten from the dead, and everybody who was of Adam dies.

Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Jesus Christ was in the flesh, to be put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit. ( to bring us to God.)

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

God who has us quickened together with Christ, takes us from the course of this world, the spirit that works in the children of disobedience, the prince of the power of the air, ( the prince of this world.) who came to crucify Christ with his children and who had nothing in Christ. ( God raises us up together with Christ to sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus/ the anger is the prince of this world and his children judged by God, through their evil.)

John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

John 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

To not go to 4000 different beliefs, is always a good start, that is why there are so many, revealing a wide path to destruction.

Christians of all ages can be on either path, where do you find somebody straight. ( not crooked.)

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Luke 3:5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;

Philippians 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Hello,

Thank you 🙏
Read/Study the word of God: it's powerful and can make you a believer. It did me many years ago.

Seek out a local congregation of the church. Try here.

Hi Taafe, welcome to the forum sir. The first thing we learn about someone is their name. Likely you have heard God's name before, but it may have not meant anything to you. Jesus made it known Jn 17:26. What is the name of God, many versions of the Bible include it at Psalms 93:18. The American Standard Version renders it this way: Ps 83:18 That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, Art the Most High over all the earth.

How does you Bible version render it sir?
'Daddy' works good. Romans 8:15

Useful scripture about praying, how the scribes sit in the highest seats ( exaltation) and for PRETENSE, make long payers ( pretending to be humble) they in fact RECEIVE THE GREATER DAMNATION.

Mark 12:38 And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,
39 And the chief seats in the synagogues, and the uppermost rooms at feasts:
40 Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.

The parables of the righteousness of heaven, ( we know a true seeker if they can actually acknowledge the ways of Christ.) are to sit in the lowest seat. ( unlike the false prating scribes.)

Luke 14:7 And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them.
8 When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

That is the way to begin to seek, and to see who advises by words, and not by belief. ( many seek to enter and are not able, ever learning never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.)

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Hello,

I would urge you to begin to listen to the following:

The link is to a 5-year audio study of the entire Bible taught by the late Dr. Vernon McGee, a long-time pastor and Bible teacher from America. His course is excellent and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Give him a listen!

A couple of things to remember:

1.) People in that time lived for many centuries and in that time had many generations of children.
2.) The physical corruption of sin had not had the time it has had today to mutate and degenerate in the human species. None of the genetic problems associated with intra-family sex would have existed in the time of Adam and Eve.

There is only one human race, though humans have developed various features over time in adaptation to their environments (skin pigmentation, hair type, height, etc.). Adaptation within a species is not evolution, however.

On the cross, Jesus "became sin for us who knew no sin that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Corinthians 5:21) Being divine, infinite and perfect, he could suffer in himself the penalty for the sin of all humanity, atoning for our wickedness by the sacrifice of himself. He did for us in this what we could not, as imperfect, finite creatures, do for ourselves. By atoning for our sin himself, Jesus created a "bridge" between us and our holy Maker, a way to be reconciled to God without need for the continual sacrifice of animals, or by the impossible route of law-keeping.

God has ordained things such that "without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin" (Hebrews 9:22). This is a law like any other that orders our universe and existence. God has ordained the law of gravity, the law of entropy, the laws of motion and also the law of sin and death. "The soul that sins it shall die" (Ezekiel 18:4) God has declared. As the writer of the book of Hebrews explained, the only "payment" for sin God will accept is the payment of blood. To make a payment for sin "once for all" and free humanity from the onerous, endless and imperfect blood sacrifice of animals, God sent His Son, Jesus, to be the "Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world" (John 1:29) a final, perfect sacrifice to end all sacrifices (See: Hebrews 9 and 10).

Only those who trust in the atoning work of Christ on the cross for their sins, who trust in Jesus as their Savior and yield themselves to him as their Lord (Romans 10:9-10; John 3:16; John 14:6; 1 Timothy 2:5), receive the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus Christ, who gives to those in whom he dwells new, spiritual life (2 Corinthians 5:17; Romans 8:9-14; 1 John 4:13; Titus 3:5-8).

To what are you referring here, exactly?

God was entirely satisfied with Jesus's atonement for sin. But with those who reject his atonement for them, who despise what Jesus did and defy God's authority, God remains "angry." This isn't a petty, human emotion, selfish and myopic, as human anger often is, but a holy, just wrath against sin.

Hebrews 10:26-31 (ESV)
26 For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.
28 Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses.
29 How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.”
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

"4000 different beliefs"? To what are you referring, here?

I insist that I have a love-relationship with God filled with peace and joy because God's word says I have and because I experience daily these very things in my fellowship with my Maker. Do others who worship Allah, or Shiva, or hold to Buddhist beliefs experience the very same things? No, I don't think so. They may have spiritual experiences, by which I mean demonic counterfeit of real interaction with God, but the experience I enjoy with God through the Holy Spirit is entirely unique to those in whom the Holy Spirit truly dwells.

It may be that you'll have to search around for a church that is both biblical and occupied by folks your age. Why, though, would elderly people who know and love God well put you off? You could learn a good deal more about walking with God from them than someone your own age.

No worries. Your questions are good ones, I think.

HI Taafe
Been looking for a local church however, I have social anxiety so would find it difficult just walking into a church.
Social anxiety is a fear of life. It can be very powerful, but it generally stems from issues of rejection. We become afraid of, and make up in our mind scenarios, that cause us a certain fear that people will laugh at, reject or otherwise look down upon us.

So, I'd like to start at the top, if you're willing. What is that prevents you from walking through the doors of a Christ centered worship service to be with people who love Jesus, other than possibly the fact that you don't yet. Trust me, or not, God centered worshippers rejoice in being able to help a new one come to know Jesus. We have people who make decisions for Jesus practically every week and certainly every month, in the fellowship that I participate with. So far not a one of them have been mocked or laughed at, from the body of believers. However, there is a real issue of how such a person is going to be received within their circle of friends/acquaintances.

Here's a beautiful testimony that might touch your situation:
The sound has some issues, but the testimony is real.

God bless,
Ted

Hi again Taafe

Duane Blue's testimony is that, while many in the congregation that he was first invited to, did gasp at his appearance, there were some there who loved the Lord Jesus and knew that as bad as old Blue looked in the flesh, his soul and spirit were as much in need of the saving sacrifice of Jesus, as anyone else.

I hope that you find a good fellowship because it makes the journey a lot easier when you've got like minded brothers and sisters to walk with you. We, any of us, generally only find that when we gather with other believers. I hope you'll keep in touch,

God bless,
Ted

God is in heaven, and is much slower to speak than people on forums. ( people on forums are not the righteousness of God.

Should we seek answers from fast answering man, or slow speaking God, who reveals to us when it is time, what we need to know.

God begat us with the word of truth, not with man speaking, man is wrath. ( cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his arm. Blessed is the man that trusts in the Lord, in whose hope the Lord is.)

Jeremiah 17:5 Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.

James 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Jeremiah 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.

First, let me say, yes the children of Adam and Eve would have married and reproduced with each other. God eventually forbid marriage/sex between close relatives, but not before it would have produced genetic problems in the offspring. When Adam and Eve first fell into sin, they would have still been as close as possible to genetic perfection as fallen human beings could be, hence we have a record of Adam living to be 930 years old (Gen 5:5). Eventually (generations later), however, more problems would have been introduced into the genes of their offspring and there became the need for God to step in to inform mankind not to marry close relatives (who would be more likely to have the same/similar genetic flaws) in order to minimize the effects of genetic problems.

Second, the idea of races stems from evolutionary theory (a secular, anti-biblical concept). There is actually only one race of humans who all have the same brown skin color based upon levels of melanin. The difference lies in the amount of melanin, some have a lot (people with dark skin), while some have a little (light skin), while still others fall somewhere in between. Think something like this:

il_fullxfull.3288862101_gpqx.jpg

Or for more info, check this out: https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2020/08/11/were-not-black-and-white-everyone-is-brown/

Great question.

Let's begin with Jesus' perfect life in our place (which too often get's overlooked). Jesus was born a Jew under the law of God (Gal 4:4) in order to fulfill the law perfectly in our place. God's moral standard is perfection. Fallen mankind likes to think God's standard is based upon who we are and our ability to "measure up," but it is not. It is, instead, based upon God and who he is in perfect holiness (Lev 19:2, 1 Pt 1:16, Mt 5:48).

Next, at the cross, God laid on Jesus all sin, of all people, of all time (past, present and future - bear in mind, God is outside of time). As a result, Jesus became actually guilty of all sin. Though, in and of himself, he never sinned, he took on the guilt of all sin so that he became guilty of murder, rape, blasphemy, lying, stealing and on and on (all guilt of all sin - Isa 53:5-6). In so becoming guilty of all sin, God the Father was justified in punishing Jesus on our behalf (Ro 3:26).

Therefore, by way of the cross, God offers us a trade. Jesus took all of our guilt for sin upon himself, while offering us his righteousness (lived out under the law of God during his lifetime). God's word says it this way:

“God made him, who did not know sin, to become sin for us, so that we might become the righteousness of God in him.” (2 Co 5:21, EHV)​

That is, God the Father made Jesus (who, in and of himself, knew no sin) to become sin for us. In order that we could become the righteousness of God (the righteousness that comes from God as a free gift) in him (Jesus).

How do we get to be in Jesus? By faith, trusting in that which he has done for us in his life, death and resurrection (more to come on the resurrection)...as I have just explained and will continue to explain. By faith we are made new (meaning we receive an entirely new spirit, birthed by the Holy Spirit) and united with Christ in him.

• “So then, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away. The new has come! (2 Co 5:17, EHV)
  • "Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit." (Jn 3:6, BSB)
  • “But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him.” (1 Co 6:17)
  • “For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed by faith, for faith, just as it is written, “The righteous will live [have life] by faith.”” (Ro 1:17)
  • “This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all and over all who believe.” (Ro 3:22)
  • “So then, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” (Ro 8:1)
  • “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. The one who believes in him is not condemned, but the one who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.” (Jn 3:17–18)
The resurrection, then is the public proclamation that God the Father accepted the sacrificial payment for sin from Jesus (Mt 20:28, Ro 4:25, 1 Tim 3:16, 1 Co 15:17).

Imagine you owe the bank an enormous debt which you could never pay off, even if you continued to pay for your entire lifetime. Yet, someone very wealthy comes along and hands the bank a check for the entire amount of your debt. Your debt has been paid in full. You didn't pay it. Someone else is still out an enormous amount of money. The bank doesn't "forgive" your debt because they are a supposedly nice, loving, forgiving bank, but because the debt has been paid. And, it was paid for at a high price. You just weren't the one to make the payment, someone else was.

That is what Jesus did for us through his life, death, and resurrection. We were in debt. Jesus paid the debt while the full force of God's wrath against all sin was poured out on him. He died the death we deserve and rose again to show/proclaim the victory over sin and death.

Another great question.

I'll finish my reply in a second post due to forum restrictions on total characters in a single post...

SECOND HALF OF REPLY...
---

There seems to be a general consensus here that no one is quite sure what you are getting at with this question and I am uncertain as well. Assuming you are referring to God's continued anger over sin (meaning he still condemns some in his wrath, even though Jesus paid the penalty for sin), then I would say that this is why we must have faith (trust) in that which Jesus has done for us. Those who do not are effectively telling God, "I do not want what Jesus did for me. I want to stand before you on my own merit." Of course, no one can actually stand before God without being condemned since we have all fallen short of perfection (Ro 3:23).

Having said that, many then naturally raise the question, "What about those who have never had the opportunity to hear about Jesus and believe?" The answer to this question gets heavily into some deep theology, but I will try to touch on it as briefly and simply as possible.

First, all people of all time (beginning with Adam and Eve) have had the promise of a Savior (Gen 3:15). In other words, all people are save by grace through faith in the promised one. All throughout the Old Testament, believers looked forward to the one still to come. Since the time of Jesus' appearance in human flesh, all believers have looked back to the one who came. In this New Testament era, we have the benefit of the fuller revelation of his coming, what has been done, and how exactly (to the extent we can comprehend it) he accomplished our salvation.

In other words, there has never been a time when humanity did not have the opportunity to know about the promised one.

Failure to hear largely came about by way of mankind's failure to pass along the information about the promised one. People will speak of those who live in remote areas of the world where Christians have never been in order to share Jesus. They will therefore conclude it is unfair for God to judge them for unbelief.

Yet, there are some fundamental flaws in this line of thinking.

1. First, we all rightly and justly deserve condemnation. The only thing "unfair" is that God (because he punished his own son though he didn't - due to any sin of his own - deserve to die under the wrath of God). Jesus willingly dying for us is unfair (in a good way - for us); condemning the guilty is not unfair.
  2. Second, all people (as already mentioned) have had the opportunity to hear. It is man's fault if he fails to pass down the gospel from one generation to the next.
  3. Third, "remote" people in some "far-off" jungle are only "remote" and "far-off" to us, not to an omnipresent God who is right there with them. Scripture says, 1) Jesus (when he is lifted up) will draw all people to himself (Jn 12:32), 2) that when Jesus sent the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin "because they have not believed" (Jn 16:8-9). In other words, it would seem to be the case that all people, on some level (at least since the time of Jesus' incarnation and ascension) have had the full opportunity to know (on some level) about Jesus as Savior. Scripture also speaks of those who know the truth, yet suppress the truth in their wickedness (Ro 1:18).
The long and the short of it is that those who trust in Jesus are saved and forgiven, those who do not are condemned:

• “The one who believes in him is not condemned, but the one who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.” (Jn 3:18)

Satan is not against peace, "love," and joy. He is against restoration to God through salvation in Christ. He is all too happy to convince believers of false religions that they are good-to-go right where they are.

Only genuine made-new believers in Christ, however, are just that...made new (given a new spirit) in Christ Jesus. Only genuine made new believers in Christ have genuinely been restored to the one true God. At that point, our spirit testifies with the Holy Spirit that we are indeed children of God.

• “The Spirit himself joins our spirit in testifying that we are God’s children.” (Ro 8:16)
  • “I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.” (1 Jn 5:13)
  • This is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you sent.” (Jn 17:3)
If you read through the gospels you will see even the demons proclaim Jesus to be the Son of God (they know the truth).

All religions make truth claims, all have leaders/founders who are dead, buried and still in the grave. Only Christianity has a leader who was dead and buried (only because of our sin), but his tomb is empty.

All the major religions of the world, promote some sort of better life, eternal life, reincarnation or whatever based upon man's own effort to achieve such. Only Christianity says man can never do such a thing, therefore we need someone from outside of ourselves (namely Jesus) to come and set things right on our behalf.

Christianity stands apart from all other religious belief systems.

True love comes from a restored relationship with the true God.

• This is love: not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins.” (1 Jn 4:10)
True joy comes through a restored relationship with the true God. Unlike happiness which the world offers which is circumstance dependent, true Godly joy is circumstance independent.

• “I [Jesus] have told you these things so that my joy would continue to be in you and that your joy would be complete.” (Jn 15:11)
  • “For the kingdom of God does not consist of eating and drinking, but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Ro 14:17)
  • “But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,” (Ga 5:22)
  • “I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, while being full or hungry, while having plenty or not enough. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.” (Php 4:12–13)
True peace comes through a restored relationship with God, therefore having true peace with God.

• “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you.” (Jn 14:27)
  • “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Ro 5:1)
  • “And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Php 4:7)
You're full of great questions.

I would suggesting praying that God lead to the right Godly Christians for you...young, old or somewhere in between. I encourage you to consider seeking/praying for those who are genuinely mature in the faith and who can help you to grow to maturity.

I, myself, am in the process of starting a discipling ministry and am on the lookout for new Christians and I also plan to begin evangelizing to (through God's power and grace) bring others to the faith in order to disciple them. I'd offer to have you contact me through a private message so we could talk further, but I am new here myself and am unsure if that is even possible. Having said that, You might try to look for others in your local area who are interested in discipling you on a personal level. Though I would encourage you to look for those who will help teach you how to think about and understand the Scripture more-so than simply trying to convince you of their own doctrines (how to understand over what to understand).

Not silly at all. Sincere questioning is good. Knowing how to find the right answers, directly from God in his word is even better. I encourage you to seek out the wisdom and guidance of the Holy Spirit through the word throughout your Christian life.

Thank you 🙏

Blessings to you.

Satan as a roaring lion:

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Paul described the perverse wolves:

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Satan as an angel of light, the ministers as ministers of righteousness/false apostles:

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Jesus predicting the many false prophets rising to deceive many:

Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Peter speaking of the false prophets and false teachers and how many hear their subtle devil tricks:

2 Peter 2:But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

No the sheep never heard them, and never will.

John 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

John 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Why would sheep follow wolves:

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Back