Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

UFO encounter

Why? Well before I was a Christian I never thought they existed anyways. By evolutionary standards a lifeform is like 1 in a 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 chance (I think it may be even more, actually!). Mathematically speaking there are no other lifeforms, since there are not even that many planets in all of creation. Keep in mind, most suns do not have planets circling them. Our entire solar system is a complete and utter fluke. Also remember that that chance I gave you before is for a planet that is like and and can actually sustain life and such. How many planets are roughly 1 AU from their sun, which cannot be too hot or too cold.

So I have never believed in any other lifeform. Then those things started adding up in my head and I realized how ridiculous the scientific explanation for life is and that is when I started going Christian.

Anyways, I still have the belief because it is always what I felt, not some religious thing, maybe I ought to refine it, but I don't think it needs to be refined.

And even if there are aliens in the universe... we will never see them. We sent a probe out like 30 or 40 years ago and it just went by Pluto (which IS a planet!).
the voyager 1 and 2 probes and those wasnt a very fast mover, and pluto is not a planet but planetoid.

Thanks for those passages in context there clearing up some wild idea (sifting the lies again, it seems the enemy always wants a plug).

I shall give aliens due respect when I meet them then, I guess there is a hypothetical possibility that aliens exist despite they aren't mentioned in the word, all that I've learned from the bible is that this place is for the humans to reconcile to God, the bible is very specific that this is the primary purpose for mankind today, and we each get to experience that most personally.

So, no more fearing aliens then because this world belongs to God and our only problems are from human sin. Great to clear that up, appreciate your help :D
Don't know if you were just being facetious or not, but I actually agree with everything you posted. :salute The word of God is HIS revelation of Himself to man and his desire to have a relationship with mankind so that He may reconcile us with HIM. :thumbsup

Growing up as a christian, I was always told that there is WITHOUT A DOUBT no other beings living on other planets aside from humans on earth - the reason - because the bible does not mention them.

Is this a common belief held by the majority of christians?
The Bible doesn't say what you posted above either. :lol What does or doesn't exist outside this planet has no bearing on what the Bible reveals to Man.

Jason, don't forget that in an evil plan to continue the warring factions of the galaxy the evil group of people known simply as "The Writers" devised a new enemy for the SG teams to battle with and ultimately they too were destroyed by the shear awesomeness that is humanity (though this should not be confused with the infinitely greater awesomeness of God!).

And Jason, Pluto is a planet. The fact that science says it isn't is enough, in my book, to show how crazy scientists are! I learned the planets in school as Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. And when I have kids they will learn it that way too, mostly because I refuse to damn them with public education and I am to cheap for private education!

pard, i am older then you and was taught that pluto was a planet as well but its moon is the same size as it and that they orbit each other. so at one point of them will be the farther one, and if you want to be technical the planet neptune with its strange orbit is the farthest planet most of the time!

so science cant correct itself, would you still say that the toe is still accepted if and when some one the the whole field recants thier position,

and that episode you mention is in season 10.

I know Jason, but I prefer to think of Pluto as a planet. It makes me feel better ont he inside. :lol

And Ya, season 10, I think. They all run together when you have seen them so often!

I know Jason, but I prefer to think of Pluto as a planet. It makes me feel better ont he inside. :lol

And Ya, season 10, I think. They all run together when you have seen them so often!

as much as we cripe about the evo side of opinions as being stated as facts, we cant do the same.

They are showing the entire series from the begging in HD on showtime Beyond. Started this week.

I must say HD isn't kind to she show in its first season so far. The insignia on Tealc's head looks really poorly done. Also, there seem to be a lot of digital artifacts.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are showing the entire series from the begging in HD on showtime Beyond. Started this week.

stargate? ironic that is where they started on showtime. paul malozzi didnt want the nude scene in the pilot episode children of the Gods pt 1. showtime made him do that.

he wanted sg1 to be a family/pro military show and it is! save that one episode. many airmen joined the airforce cause of potrayal of air force and also col o'neill.

But I can't watch Hulu on the 68" ;)

I want Battlestar Galactica to get on the instant queue soon

But I can't watch Hulu on the 68" ;)

I want Battlestar Galactica to get on the instant queue soon

the new one or the original 70's one. i hate the new one. its based on hellenism vs a variation of the twelve tribes of isreal and the judeo God.

It amazes me that christians can believe in angels and all the weird stuff in the bible but not at least entertain the possibility of aliens. Angel means messenger. There are several different descriptions of them in the bible.

•Some angels are called cherubim.

If you read this description in Ezekiel 1:1-28, you will discover that these angels look nothing at all like cute, chubby babies with wings. In Ezekiel 10:20, we are told these angels are cherubim.

•Some angels are called seraphim.

In Isaiah 6:1-8 we see a description of seraphim. These are tall angels, each with 6 wings, and they can fly.

•Angels are "ministers" in God's spiritual service.

•Angels are "messengers."

•Angels are "watchers" or supervisors for God.

•Angels are military "hosts."

•Angels are "sons of the mighty."

•Angels are "sons of God."

•Angels are "chariots."

I have seen UFOs myself, and I don't automatically assume they are from outer space but I won't narrow my thinking to exclude them either. The stuff going on in the bible is far more unbelievable than any UFOs. I believe without seeing God. How open minded is that?

Yo Guys n Gals....
You know how close 300 feet to an alien space craft is?
Seems most of you think it's a joke or that the 2 friends and I don't know the difference between an earth build aircraft and alien craft.The detail on the craft we seen would be like you looking at a parked stealth jet ( was about that size only saucer shaped ) 300 feet away.Also you forget it left at the speed of a bullet ( fast ) with no sound,not even wind noise ( some technology eh! ).No hard feelings though.
Vic C in post #14 summed it up 100% true.Those scriptures prove everything.Thanks Vic!
Btw,I have been a Christian all my life,even at the time of the sighting years ago.
Thanks!
Val

U
Yo Guys n Gals....
You know how close 300 feet to an alien space craft is?
Seems most of you think it's a joke or that the 2 friends and I don't know the difference between an earth build aircraft and alien craft.The detail on the craft we seen would be like you looking at a parked stealth jet ( was about that size only saucer shaped ) 300 feet away.Also you forget it left at the speed of a bullet ( fast ) with no sound,not even wind noise ( some technology eh! ).No hard feelings though.
Vic C in post #14 summed it up 100% true.Those scriptures prove everything.Thanks Vic!
Btw,I have been a Christian all my life,even at the time of the sighting years ago.
Thanks!
Val

I just find it hard to believe no one had a camera phone.

I don't own one. Not everyone does.

No one had one? I find that hard to believe. Why did the aliens visit you guys? Group hallucination is a documented phenomenon. Why do you think it was aliens if there is no evidence?

Back