Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

UFOs in the Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

harry1

This is a serious topic and not a joke. I am by no means trying to stir up a controversial subject
I am posting this to see and gather other perspective and opinions. I had a UFO experience back in the early 1990s where a friend of mine and I witnessed one. I am 100 percent sure of this not being a regular aircraft of any kind, due to what it did and how it behaved. What does this have to do with the topic? Several things. I had an experience and so have hundreds of thousands of documented, photographed, and videotaped UFOs. They range from astronauts, police officers, military, commercial pilots and just plain ordinary pilots. Is it possible that the people who lived in those times were doing the best they could to explain what they observed? If we flew a helicopter back then how would they describe it?

There are some that can be explained but the unexplained outweigh the explained hands down. I believe the bible shows us them. I am not going to cut and paste every single verse I will put the Bible Book up so each person can read and make their own conclusion.

The two big ones are Exodus and Ezekiel then there is mention in Genesis, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I have been a Christian since the early 1990s BUT I can't ignore this subject anymore. Please keep this a friendly posting

thank you

there was a study done noticing the similarities between a poltergiest expercience and the ufo phenoomon. i will look for it when i have a chance and post.

the military has aircraft that we now nothing about ie the the stealth bomber and fighter that were"hidden" for years. i think that's what some are seeing.

Harry, Exodus and Ezekiel are some long books. Can you give us a clue :lol what verses you want us to look at so we can talk about them?
Westtexas

westtexas said:
Harry, Exodus and Ezekiel are some long books. Can you give us a clue :lol what verses you want us to look at so we can talk about them?
Westtexas

Exodus:3, 9, 13, 14, 16, 19, 20, 24, 33, 34, 40
Ezekiel: 1:16 is a start

I agree with part of that. I have extensive experience around both aircraft and they are loud and make alot of noise and are agile. The reports that come out time and time again, are the sudden 90 degree turns and the aircraft are silent. The experience my friend and I had was amazing. This thing was as big as a house and had multiple layers of lights spinning counter to each level. When the objects lights went off the object dissapeared instantaenously.

We both ran through our heads what this thing could be. helicopter, no, to big, to many lights, no propellers, no sound, etc etc. then we did this for any known object we could think of and how close we were to a military base.

We couldnt find anything that would fit. Even after I joined the service, still nothing

jasoncran said:
there was a study done noticing the similarities between a poltergiest expercience and the ufo phenoomon. i will look for it when i have a chance and post.

the military has aircraft that we now nothing about ie the the stealth bomber and fighter that were"hidden" for years. i think that's what some are seeing.

harry1 said:
I agree with part of that. I have extensive experience around both aircraft and they are loud and make alot of noise and are agile. The reports that come out time and time again, are the sudden 90 degree turns and the aircraft are silent. The experience my friend and I had was amazing. This thing was as big as a house and had multiple layers of lights spinning counter to each level. When the objects lights went off the object dissapeared instantaenously.

We both ran through our heads what this thing could be. helicopter, no, to big, to many lights, no propellers, no sound, etc etc. then we did this for any known object we could think of and how close we were to a military base.

We couldnt find anything that would fit. Even after I joined the service, still nothing

Hi Harry1, :wave

I'm a firm believer and I too have seen one....broad daylight, tree-top high, stationary and then....gone!

The Bible is indeed full of references of both the good and the bad ones.

This is truly a sketchy topic, but from some of the stories I've heard - barring misidentifications of normal aircraft or other objects, some people may be seeing demonic manifestations. Demons will do very strange things to mess with people. Knock pictures off of walls, make strange noises around a person's house, and yes even make strange lights. I don't think it is much of a stretch in the imagination to say that demons have supernatural power and could do something like that.

Since this is not a scientific topic I cannot present evidence, but from things I've heard happen to other people and even stories my Mom has told me of when she was a teenager and before she became saved, I clearly believe in demonic manifestations. And strange lights that creep people out in the sky seems like their signature. That's about as far as I will go in terms of speculation.

For a Biblical reference of a harrowing/errie experience/dream/vision of a demonic manifestation see Job 4:12-21.

I clearly believe in demonic manifestations. And strange lights that creep people out in the sky seems like their signature. That's about as far as I will go in terms of speculation.

I agree with this, and also believe many things people claim to see, are in fact demonic manifestations. Sometimes your thoughts, or anticipations may invite just such things.

I also believe this accounts for the ghostly apparitions, people claim to have.

RND said:
Free said:
The Bible mentions nothing of UFOs.
Yep. Absolutely nothing.

Take a look at your tag line RND for it applies to this subject. :lol :yes

Ezekiel 1:4 And I looked, and, behold a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

1:27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, and I saw as it were the appearance of fire and it had brightness round about.

• Amber #2830 ~ chashmal; of uncert. der; prob. bronze or polished spectrum metal: amber

11 Kings 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. (12) And Elisha saw it, and he cried, "My father, my father, the chariot of Israel and the horsemen thereof." And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.

• That was the same whirlwind as in Ezekiel....the Chariot of Israel. A spinning, circular disk. Real horses don't fly!

11 Kings 6:15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, "Alas, my master! How shall we do?" (16) And he answered, "Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them." (17) And Elisha prayed, and said, "Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see." And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Ezekiel 30:9 In that day shall messengers go forth from Me in ships to make the careless Ethiopians afraid, and great pain shall come upon them, as in the day of Egypt: for, lo it cometh.'

• Angels are called messengers....so, God's messengers/angels go from from Him in ships. What kind of ships? Are they the bright, amber colored (as a bronze or polished metal) ship? Are they the "swift beasts" that move in a circular fashion? He tells us that it will happen in "that day." That is the Day of The Lord

Isaiah 66:15-17 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with His chariots like a whirlwind, to render His anger with fury, and His rebuke with flames of fire. For by fire and by His sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many. They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

• The Lord comes in His chariots and He is angry. His anger is with those that "purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree." The sidenote in my Bible states that "The tree that was the abomination was the Asherah" meaning pagan worship. I believe it means even more than that. When a "garden" is mentioned with a "tree" I believe it is the "tree of knowledge of good and evil" from the beginning in the garden of Eden

66:20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to My holy mountain Jerusalem," saith the Lord, "as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord.

• Swift Beasts ~ Swift beasts is Hebrew (kirkaroth) from kdrar, to move in a circle; hence, may mean (like English car) any vehicle on wheels. It is never used of animals. - E.W. Bullinger

Isaiah 30:6 The burden of the beasts of the south: into the land of trouble and anguish, from which come the young and old lion, the viper and fiery flying serpent, they will carry their riches upon the shoulders of young asses, and their treasures upon the bunches of camels, to a people that shall not profit them.

A "viper and fiery flying serpent." What could that be?

Isaiah 31:5 As birds flying, so will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also He will deliver it; and passing over He will preserve it."

Isaiah 60:8 Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?

Psalms 104:3 Who layeth the beams of His chambers in the waters: Who maketh the clouds His chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind.

Habakkuk 1:8 Their horses also are swifter than the leopards, and are more fierce than the evening wolves: and their horsemen shall spread themselves, and their horsemen shall come from far; they shall fly as the eagle that hasteth to eat.
  • Horses aren't fierce as wolves and....they don't fly!

Nahum 2:3 The shield of his mighty men is made red, the valiant men are in scarlet: the chariots shall be with flaming torches in the day of his preparation, and the fir trees shall be terribly shaken.
  • The shield's of Satan's men are red with blood but that is spiritual. They come to kill spiritually...not physically. We are the "fir trees" that will be shaken because we aren't taught about them.....what a shock they will be!

2:4.The chariots shall rage in the streets, they shall justle one against another in the broad ways: they shall seem like torches, they shall run like the lightnings.

Daniel 11:40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him; and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

• Baalzebub ~ Lord of flies. Later Jews polluted it by changing it to Beel-zebul (Lord of dung or dunghills). E.W. Bullinger

#1176 Baalzebub ~ from 1168 & 2070. Baal of (the) Fly: Baal-Zebub, a special deity of the Ekronites: - Baal-zebub.

#2070 Zeboob ~ from an unused root (mean to flit); a fly (especially one of a stinging nature): - fly

Flit ~ To fly lightly and rapidly; flutter: as, birds flit about in the trees...to move to other quarters, especially by stealth...to be changing or evanescent...a flitting; light, rapid movement ~ Some definitions taken from Websters.

Baalhazor, "Lord of the fortresses" provides a connection between Baal and the god of the antichrist. Baal was lord of war and of the sky. Many titles were given to Baal by adding endings to his name. Some examples found in scripture are Baalbamoth = Lord of the high places, Baalzebub = Lord of those who fly, or, flit. Zebub is a Hebrew verb which means to flit from place to place. ~

To say that any of those verses is referring to UFOs is to insert your own meaning into the text. Certain persons saw things that they found difficult to describe and so they used metaphors and the like to try and do so. That is all we can say about those texts, nothing more.

To say that any of those verses is referring to UFOs is to insert your own meaning into the text. Certain persons saw things that they found difficult to describe and so they used metaphors and the like to try and do so. That is all we can say about those texts, nothing more.

I would go on to say relating the word of God! to some bunch of "startreck science fiction junk", is bordering on the Blasphemous. :naughty

Free said:
I agree Free. It also means that some people simply refuse to see the parallels of various other scripture verses with other parts of the Bible, thus letting the Bible speak for itself.

Case in point:

Ezekiel 1:4 And I looked, and, behold a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

1:27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, and I saw as it were the appearance of fire and it had brightness round about.

Amber #2830 ~ chashmal; of uncert. der; prob. bronze or polished spectrum metal: amber

Interesting how this parallels with:

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.

and with:

Rev 1:14 His head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire; Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

If you were to ask me Ezekiel, Daniel and John all saw the same thing - the Ancient of days.

RND said:
Free said:
I agree Free. It also means that some people simply refuse to see the parallels of various other scripture verses with other parts of the Bible, thus letting the Bible speak for itself.

Case in point:

Amber #2830 ~ chashmal; of uncert. der; prob. bronze or polished spectrum metal: amber

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.

and with:

Rev 1:14 His head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire; Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

If you were to ask me Ezekiel, Daniel and John all saw the same thing - the Ancient of days.

Well of course it parallels. Well of course they all saw the same thing.

whirlwind said:
RND said:
Free said:

Case in point:

and with:

Well of course it parallels. Well of course they all saw the same thing.
Great, so you admit they weren't referring to UFO's. Great. Next. (That is providing, of course, that you don't think God rides around in UFO's. If that's the case then maybe you should find a new forum to converse in because I don't think such thinking will fly very far here).

Free said:

Okay...what meaning would you attribute to those references? What "things" fitting those descriptions could they possible be? :confused

Let's see....they fly, they have a circular motion, they're metallic. What could they be? :chin Maybe some type of really weird bird?

whirlwind said:
Free said:

Okay...what meaning would you attribute to those references? What "things" fitting those descriptions could they possible be? :confused
How dense are you? Some of the descriptions given are all referring to the same thing - the Ancient of days. God Himself.

Let's see....they fly, they have a circular motion, they're metallic. What could they be? :chin Maybe some type of really weird bird?
God. Ezekiel is describing God. It can't be anymore clear than that because scripture confirms that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back