Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Was 1948 when God restored Israel?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
God did not 'say' that Israel would no longer face judgment in 1948. The last seven years of Daniel (and to some extent all times before such as Hitler etc) are trials for Israel. The final seven years is known as the time of Jacob's trouble. Also known as the wrath of God. Also other names such as tribulation, time of trial etc. One primary object of the trials and judgments of this time is Israel. So judgment for them did not end in 1948!
Hi daddd

No, He didn't. As far as I know, I haven't said that He did say that. What I have shown is that He was clear about the duration of their judgment and it ended on May, 14 1948. That's what I said. You can throw all the words in my mouth that you'd like, but I will always come back and make sure that others do know what I've said in my posts.

No, you're wrong about the last 7 years also. The last seven years will be trials for all believers. No the time of Jacob's trouble is not a reference to the wrath of God.

You're free to believe as you will. I have supported my argument with Scripture...you have not!

God bless,
Ted

Last edited:
Not sure what this has to do with your claim that judgment for Israel ended in 1948? They continue to offend and disobey and accrue judgment. The only way anyone escapes the wrath of God is by Jesus. They did not take that escape hatch in 1948. That is the heart of your complicate 'prophesy' interpretation. All math is useless if the equation ends in a complete falsehood. I enjoy real bible numerology. Real prophesy.
Hi daddd

No, that is not the heart of my complicated 'prophesy' interpretation. The heart of my complicated 'prophesy' interpretation is just basic math. Used in conjunction with the word of God. When God says that He's going to MULTIPLY Israel's discipline times 7, then that calls for basic multiplication math to be applied to the duration that God gave to them as their initial discipline. It's really pretty simple. Of course the really amazing thing is that the prophesy points to 1948 and lo and behold a major event happened in the history of Israel in that year.

A nation that was, then wasn't, is again with all of its language and people intact. Never!!!! Never!!!!~!!!!! NEVER!!!!! Has such a thing happened in all of earth's history! Wow!! Never has a nation been reborn after several hundred years of non-existence.

Anyway, it's all right there in the Scriptures and you're free to read it for yourself. The prophesy is really pretty amazing.

Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children.

Even Isaiah prophesied as to how amazing it was going to be that a nation would be born in a day.

God bless,
Ted

Last edited:
Hi daddd

Here, I picked this explanation, regarding 'when' the 'time of Jacob's trouble' refers to. Notice that nowhere in there is it mentioned as the wrath of God. In fact the explanation ends, by saying that the Great Tribulation LEADS up to the time called the Day of the Lord. They are not the same according to LifeHopeandtruth.com:

Essentially, the time of Jacob’s trouble corresponds to the same time period called the Great Tribulation. World conditions will be worse than any time in history, and humanity will be on the brink of self-destruction.

This Great Tribulation leads up to the time called the Day of the Lord.

You really should see about reading the book I referenced earlier. It makes it much more clear than I can, or will.
Explain how the nation of Israel had judment ended in 1948?
Didn't the article that was attached to that thread do that?
Why do I need to explain to you what I've already set forth before you with full explanation? Read the Book!!!!

God bless,
Ted

Hi daddd

However, if you're unwilling or unable to parse it out yourself, I suppose for the sake of others reading, and your own increase in knowledge, I could copy and paste it all for you. It's just a shame that people refuse to read for themselves.

“Then God said to Ezekiel,
‘Now lie on your left side for 390 days
to show Israel will be punished for 390 years
by captivity and doom.
Each day you lie there represents
a year of punishment ahead for Israel.

Afterwards, turn over and lay on your right side
for 40 days, to signify the years of Judah’s punishment.
Each day will represent one year . . .‘”

(Ezekiel 4:4-6)

390 days Judgment against the 10 northern tribes ‘Israel’

+ 40 days Judgment against the 2 southern tribes ‘Judah’

= 430 years Judgment against the nation of Israel
430 years of judgment determined against nation Israel

– 70 years fulfilled during the Babylonian captivity

= 360 years remaining in judgment against the nation of Israel

“And after all this, if you do not obey Me,
then I (God) will punish you seven times more for your sins.”

(Leviticus 26:18)
“Then, if you walk contrary to Me,
and are not willing to obey Me,
I (God) will bring on you seven times more plagues,
according to your sins.”

(Leviticus 26:21)
“And after all this,
if you do not obey Me,
but walk contrary to Me,
then I (God) also will walk contrary to you in fury;
and I, even I will chastise you seven times for your sins.

(Leviticus 26:27-28)
I (God) will scatter you among the nations
and draw a sword after you;
your Land shall be desolate
and your cities waste.”

(Leviticus 26:33)

360 Remaining years of judgment

x 7 The prophetic ‘7X’ factor

= 2,520
Years of judgment remained against nation Israel
years

x 360 days

= 907,200 days of judgment remained against nation Israel after the Babylonian captivity
All old covenant prophecies must use a 360 day year because that's what Israel used. This is shown several times in the Scriptures. If you need someone to read that to you I will. Let me know.

907,200 days ÷ 365.25 days = 2,483.78 years of God’s judgment remained.

606 B.C
Israel taken into Babylonian captivity

– 70 Years for 70 years

= 536 B.C. End of first 70 years of judgment

+ 2483 Years Now add the 2,483 years remaining in this judgment

+ 1 Year Add 1 year because there is no “0” B.C. or A.D.

= 1948 AD! End of judgment against nation Israel

There, does that do it for you? Yes, that was the end of the judgment that God placed on Israel when He commanded King Nebuchadnezzar to take His people captive.

God bless,
Ted

Hi daddd

No, He didn't. As far as I know, I haven't said that He did say that. What I have shown is that He was clear about the duration of their judgment and it ended on May, 14 1948. That's what I said.

How is it that their judgment ENDED in 1948? That makes no sense.
No, you're wrong about the last 7 years also. The last seven years will be trials for all believers. No the time of Jacob's trouble is not a reference to the wrath of God.
Well you are welcome to your opinion. (not welcome to defacto statements as if fact)
Another opinion is found here

"The phrase the time of Jacob’s trouble comes from Jeremiah 30:7, which says, “Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob’s trouble; but he shall be saved out of it” (KJV). It is our view that the time of Jacob’s trouble corresponds to the seven-year tribulation of the end times."

Call it what you like I guess. In those final years Israel will see 2/3 of their people killed, be invaded etc etc. The judgment did not seem to end as you claim in 1948

Hi daddd

No, that is not the heart of my complicated 'prophesy' interpretation. The heart of my complicated 'prophesy' interpretation is just basic math. Used in conjunction with the word of God. When God says that He's going to MULTIPLY Israel's discipline times 7, then that calls for basic multiplication math to be applied to the duration that God gave to them as their initial discipline. It's really pretty simple. Of course the really amazing thing is that the prophesy points to 1948 and lo and behold a major event happened in the history of Israel in that year.

No, if it points to when judgment for Israel ends it could not possibly be 1948. That is the heart of the matter. Either it is or is not. If it is not, no mental gymnastics and bending numbers can change it. So you must prove that all judgment ened in 1948 if you want to apply that particular math.
A nation that was, then wasn't, is again with all of its language and people intact. Never!!!! Never!!!!~!!!!! NEVER!!!!! Has such a thing happened in all of earth's history! Wow!! Never has a nation been reborn after several hundred years of non-existence.
Having a certain language doe not mean you are saved or that judgment from God ends. Having a secular nation does not mean God did it either. When He restores them after they get saved it will not be in any doubt at all.
Anyway, it's all right there in the Scriptures and you're free to read it for yourself. The prophesy is really pretty amazing.

Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children.

Even Isaiah prophesied as to how amazing it was going to be that a nation would be born in a day.

God bless,
Ted
Isa 66 is about when Jesus returns and destroys His enemies.
Isaiah 66:12

For thus saith the Lord , Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.

Isaiah 66:13

As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

Isaiah 66:14

And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the Lord shall be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies.

The secular nation of Israel is not comforted today. Nor has God destroyed their enemies. etc etc etc

Hi daddd

However, if you're unwilling or unable to parse it out yourself, I suppose for the sake of others reading, and your own increase in knowledge, I could copy and paste it all for you. It's just a shame that people refuse to read for themselves.

“Then God said to Ezekiel,
‘Now lie on your left side for 390 days
to show Israel will be punished for 390 years
by captivity and doom.
Each day you lie there represents
a year of punishment ahead for Israel.

Afterwards, turn over and lay on your right side
for 40 days, to signify the years of Judah’s punishment.
Each day will represent one year . . .‘”

(Ezekiel 4:4-6)

390 days Judgment against the 10 northern tribes ‘Israel’

+ 40 days Judgment against the 2 southern tribes ‘Judah’

= 430 years Judgment against the nation of Israel
430 years of judgment determined against nation Israel

– 70 years fulfilled during the Babylonian captivity

= 360 years remaining in judgment against the nation of Israel

360 Remaining years of judgment

x 7 The prophetic ‘7X’ factor

= 2,520 Years of judgment remained against nation Israel
2,520 years

x 360 days

= 907,200 days of judgment remained against nation Israel after the Babylonian captivity
All old covenant prophecies must use a 360 day year because that's what Israel used. This is shown several times in the Scriptures. If you need someone to read that to you I will. Let me know.

907,200 days ÷ 365.25 days = 2,483.78 years of God’s judgment remained.

606 B.C
Israel taken into Babylonian captivity

– 70 Years for 70 years

= 536 B.C. End of first 70 years of judgment

+ 2483 Years Now add the 2,483 years remaining in this judgment

+ 1 Year Add 1 year because there is no “0” B.C. or A.D.

There, does that do it for you? Yes, that was the end of the judgment that God placed on Israel when He commanded King Nebuchadnezzar to take His people captive.

God bless,
Ted
Hey, parse this one!

GONG!

Oh well

No one has to listen.

My take:
The final punishment was after Babylon.
Babylon was an attempt to work repentance in Israel.

The Ezekiel scattering of the Sighing Over Sin Jews, was the beginning of the 400 years of punishment in Jerusalem. At Pentecost the offspring of the good Jews were back from the nations.
The new covenant began.

I know too simplistic,

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Back