Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Wazzup with FC BARCELONA?!! (News)

Abelardo: "A generation and an Academy admired by everybody"

02/29/2012 11:56
Former Barça player Abelardo Fernandez will return to the Camp Nou on Saturday as Sporting Gijon’s assistant manager, with the challenge of saving them from relegation. He believes that Barça’s football is the best of all time

Abelardo3_2_.v1330513659.JPG

Abelardo / PHOTO: Sporting de Gijón
"When I set foot in the Camp Nou, beautiful and unforgettable memories come back to me. I spent eight very happy seasons there"
"At the Camp Nou we'll go out believing we can win, if not we might as well stay home"
Abelardo Fernandez will return this Saturday to what was his home between 1994 and 2002. Eight years in which he earned the affection of the fans due to, amongst other things, his strong mentality, his spirit of sacrifice, and his friendly character. As a central defender, he almost neverfigured in the potential first team line-up early on, but always ended the season as a first team starter. As a coach, he's taken on the really important mission of saving Sporting from relegation.
How did your move to Sporting come about, following Preciado's sacking?
"I was training Tuilla, and a few weeks ago, when Tejada took over the team, the club called me to help him out. Then Javi arrived and he wanted me to stay. When Sporting ask you to be assistant manager to Clemente, one of the best managers ever in Spanish football, it makes one proud and happy".
You came back to the Camp Nou as a player, for Alaves, and now you're coming back as a manager. How do you feel about it?
"When I set foot in the Camp Nou, beautiful and unforgettable memories come back to me. I spent eight very happy seasons there, I even got married and had my children in Barcelona. In addition, I have strong links to the city and I come back two or three times a year. It will certainly be nice, but I'm representing Sporting and for one day I'll want Barça to lose".
In your time as a player you had managers like Cruyff, Robson, Van Gaal, and Clemente himself. Which one had most influence on you?
"I was extremely lucky to work with the top managers and try to take the best from each of them".
You've always been linked with an attacking football style, so how does that work out with a slightly more conservative manager, like Clemente?
"I don't agree at all that Clemente is a conservative manager, because if it's so he wouldn't have won two league titles with Athletic Bilbao. What he's instilling in Gijón is notdefensive, because under him we are playing with four very attack-minded players. At the Camp Nou we'll go out believing we can win, if not we might as well stay home".
You're six points from the safety zone. Do you believe in a miracle for Sporting?
"We're convinced that we have to try. In the last two matches we've improved, especially in defence. We've managed two draws and now what we need is our first win to help with the spirit of the team".
Is this the biggest challenge of your life?
"I was lucky enough to do things that even in mywildest dreams I couldn't have imagined, like make my debut at Sporting, and spend 8 seasonsat Barça. Now the challenge is to learn, little by little".
What is more likely, Sporting staying up, or Barçawinning their fourth consecutive League Title?
"It's tough for both of us! Hopefully we'll both succeed, it would make me very happy. Anyway, I'd take Sporting to win on Saturday, and stay up,and Barça to win the Champions League and the Cup".
Is this Barça team the best you've ever seen?
"Possibly, yes. When I was 16 or 17 I was surprised by Arrigo Sacchi's Milan, with the way they played to win matches. This Barça is the best in terms of football, both offensively and defensively. It's a generation and an Academy admired by everybody".
Better than the era of the Dream Team, that you knew towards the end?
"Cruyff, and then Van Gaal and Rijkaard, had them playing great football, but this team is better and the axis of the side is home-grown, which brings pride to all of Catalonia. Pep is the key to their success for sure".
How do you think you should cope with them, pressing high up the pitch or defending deeply?
"It's what no manager is able to answer, because if you pressurise them high up the pitch,they beat you, and if you're too defensive, just the same. First, it requires maximum concentration in defence, then you must not losethe ball in your own half, and finally you must maximise the few chances that Barça let you have".
What did you think when Messi saw his fifth yellow card in Madrid?
"It was a relief, I can't deny that. We knew that Messi and Busquets were both close to suspension. Even so, they don't have replacements or anything! Alexis, Cesc, Pedro ... they'll give us plenty of problems".

FCB,

Jordi Clos

Four League matches on 29th of February

02/29/2012 12:37
Since its foundation, FC Barcelona has experienced 27 leap years and has played four League matches on February 29th
Here we review these matches and the circumstances that surrounded them.

RACING_2_BAR_A_1_29-2-1976_030.v1330516110.jpg
alegria_xavi_i_saviola_Depor-FCB_29-2-04.v1330515725.jpg

Racing - FC Barcelona

1948: Barça 6 Sevilla 0
It was matchday 22 of the 1947/48 season, with the competition immersed in an exciting duel between Barça and Valencia. That day the Barcelona team, coached by Uruguayan manager Enrique Fernandez, defeated Sevilla in Les Corts , 6-0, with goals from Cesar (3), Florencio (2) and Gonzalvo III. Velasco, Elias, Curta, Gonzalvo III, Calvet, Gonzalvo II, Basora, Seguer, Cesar, Florencio, and Valle made up a far superior Barça outfit who were already 5-0 up athalf-time. In the end, the League Title went to Barca with 37 points, three more than Valencia.
1976: Racing 2 Barca 1
Things were very different 28 years later. Then they played the 24th matchday of the season 1975/76 and Barça went behind in the title fight,falling five points behind Real Madrid and four behind Athletico Madrid, when they lost in the Sardinero, 2-1. That February 29th the German manager Hennes Weisweiler lined up with Mora,Tome (De la Cruz, 25), Miguel, Albaladejo, Costas,Corominas, Rexach, Sotil, Cruyff, Asensi, and Mir. With Neeskens and Marcial out, the team fell to an enthusiastic Racing side who went ahead with goals from Zuviría (who one year later signed for Barça) and Aitor Aguirre. Mir, one minute from the end, cut the lead. The League was won by Real Madrid, with Barça runner-up, five points behind.
1992: Oviedo 0 Barca 2
16 years went by and Barça were playing in the Dream Team era, that team under the management of Johan Cruyff which dazzled everyone with its fantastic offensive game. However, in that League season 1991/92 Barça hadn't started well and Real Madrid had taken a lead of eight points in a competition in which wins were worth only two points. The comebackby Barça, however, meant that after that matchday 24 Madrid were only a point ahead of Cruyff's team, who did their homework and beat Oviedo away by 2-0. Zubizarreta, Nando, Nadal, Koeman, Juan Carlos, Bakero (Begiristain, 75), Goikoetxea, Laudrup, Stoichkov (Witschge, 80), Amor and Eusebio made up the team that took away the victory, thanks to goals from Laudrup and Stoichkov. The end of that season was extremely exciting, when Barça won the Title on the final day, beating Athletic Bilbao (2-0), combined with the defeat of Real Madrid in Tenerife (3-2).
2004: Deportivo 2 Barça 3
In the League season 2003/04, the first of the Rijkaard era, Barça started very poorly once again, which led to Real Madrid having an18 point lead. That was when Ronaldinho and company staged an incredible comeback although it didn't help them to win the title (Valencia were Champions, five points ahead of Barça in second place), with Madrid 2 points further back. That February 29th was matchday 26 and Barça won their sixth consecutive match away at Deportivo. Rijkaard lined up with Valdes, Reiziger, Puyol, Oleguer, Van Bronckhorst,Xavi, Cocu (Gerard, 65), Davids (Motta, 46), Luis Garcia (Gabri, 69), Ronaldinho, and Saviola. It was a very exciting match, because whilst Barça went ahead with goals from Ronaldinho and Saviola, then Ronaldinho again, two quick goals from "The Rifle", Pandiani, made it very close until the end. After that match, Barça were still 13 points behind Real Madrid, 5 behind Valencia, and four behind Deportivo. Nobody expected that Real Madrid would be overtaken, but it happened.

FCB,

Manel Tomàs

SUPPORTERS' CLUBS
Supporters Clubs Campus are getting ready
www.fcbarcelona.cat 02/29/2012 13:14
The Club is working to choose their the sites for the campus’ this summer

DSC_1524.v1330517830.JPG

FCBEscola Campus Penyes
For the second consecutive year, Barça is offering the Supporters Clubs the possibility to participate in the work of training of youth football, via the FCBEscola Supporters Clubs Campus. The Club is very aware of the possibilities offered by Supporters Clubs to organise a campus, as well as the work they do every year with football training.
For this reason, last summer they began to organise the Supporters Clubs Campus. A total of8 campus hosted over 400 young athletes. This year, the project will continue, with the aim of consolidating a firm understanding in the long-term, that will be a reference point for boththe supporters club movement and football training.
It's well known that one of the objectives of the project Supporters Clubs XXI Century is to rejuvenate the movement via activities for children. In this way the idea is to ensure continuity and solidity of the supporters clubs, without losing the tradition, over the years.
Teamwork
The Events and Activities Committee has been working during the season to consolidate this project. Thus, within this management model, the joint work between the supporters clubs andFC Barcelona is clear, in a way of working that considers all proposals from the supporters clubs.
In the meeting scheduled for the weekend of 10th and 11th of March, the committee will be studying the sites that they intend to use for hosting a campus this coming summer.
Registration
Those supporters clubs interested in organizing a campus must meet certain minimum requirements for their decent development. In agreement with the area delegate, they'll fill out the registration form , so that it can be sent itto the Club for prior validation, if applicable.

FCB

FC Barcelona joins the team of the Mobile World Capital

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 02/29/2012 13:50

The Club and the MWC have signed a collaboration agreement to promote initiatives of entrepreneurs and ICT companies that develop innovative mobile services in the sporting arena

Barça will integrate into this initiative by the Mobile World Capital it’s program FCB APPS, by which it seeks to promote the mobile sector linked to sport

"FC Barcelona will play its role in this collaboration to transform Barcelona into a global reference city in the 'mobile' arena" said Sandro Rosell

2012-02-29_PRESENTACION_ACUERDO_FCB-MWC_001.v1330529387.jpg

El president Sandro Rosell i el directiu Didac Lee, presents a la signatura de l'acord entre el FC Barcelona i Mobile World Capital / FOTO: ÀLEX CAPARRÓS - FCB

More than 1.4 million downloads each day

Five million Spanish people currently use mobileapplications and every day 1.4 million apps are downloaded in Spain, more than 16 per second. Globally, sales of applications this year could reach 11,000 million Euros, according to industry sources.

The apps sector is a market with tremendous growth due in part to increased sales of smartphones: in 2011 they grew by 58% compared to 2010, reaching 472 million units worldwide. In Spain there are 34.8 million devices ready to use applications, including 19 million computers, 14.8 million smartphones, 1.1 million TV sets with Internet access, and 900,000tablets.

"This partnership will allow us to better serve our members and fans through mobile applications," said Sandro Rosell

"FC Barcelona appeals to the best entrepreneursand developers worldwide to submit their proposals for mobile application oriented towards football or sport in general," Didac Lee added

"We are delighted that Football Club Barcelona are joining Mobile World Capital," said John Hoffman

The sports world is connected to the mobile communications industry. The Mobile World Capital and FC Barcelona have signed a collaboration agreement to promote initiatives of entrepreneurs and ICT companies that develop innovative mobile services in sport. Bothorganisations will also promote the creation of applications that improve the experience of watching or following a football match.

The collaboration agreement was signed at the Mobile World Capital , in an event that involved Sandro Rosell , President of FC Barcelona, ​​John Hoffman , CEO of GSMA, Agustin Cordon , CEO of Fira Barcelona, ​​and Dídac Lee , director in charge of New Technologies of FC Barcelona.

This agreement implies, on the one hand, to carry out joint actions in the framework of the "Mobile Entrepreneurship Competition" of the Mobile World Capital , responsible for promoting the creation of innovative wireless solutions offering start-up technology business opportunities, business advice and financial support for development in Barcelona, ​​the mobile world capital for the period 2012-2018.

FC Barcelona will integrate into this initiative of the Mobile World Capital it's FCB APPS program, with which it wants to boost the mobile sector linked to sport. "The mobile capital of Barcelona offers the best scenario to promote this program" said Director Dídac Lee . "FC Barcelona appeals to the best entrepreneurs and developers worldwide to submit their proposals for mobile applications oriented towards football and sport in general ", said Lee, who underlined that this agreement with the MWCapital "is a great opportunity to give the program more international projection".

Enriching the User Experience

In this sense, the two organisations will launch an international program to capture the best applications that transmit the Barça values ​​and spirit. The proposals selected will qualify forfinancial aid and advice for development and market positioning.

" FC Barcelona would like to collaborate with a view to transforming Barcelona into a World reference city in the mobile arena" said FC Barcelona President, Sandro Rosell , who emphasised "the satisfaction of the Club to be able to collaborate on all projects that help to enhance and strengthen the image and economy of the city and the country". Rosell believes that "the Barça commitment to new technologies in recent times has been evident but we still have a long way to go. This partnership will allow us to better serve our members and fans through mobile applications".

At the same time, John Hoffman , CEO of GSMA Ltd. emphasised: "We are delighted that Football Club Barcelona have joined up with Mobile World Capital . The two entities will worktogether not only to offer football fans in Barcelona and throughout Spain new experiences, but also help drive new business opportunities for companies in the mobile sector. We are very excited and looking forward to working together to promote the Barcelona Mobile World Capital".

Meanwhile, the CEO of the Fira of Barcelona , ​​ Agustín Cordon said that "the involvement of FC Barcelona in the project of the Mobile World Capital is a valuable contribution to the prestige of the Club throughout the world, where it is admired for sportsmanship and the values ​​it embodies and conveys". Cordon added that the collaboration established with the Catalan club"will undoubtedly help to generate even more interest in the great potential of mobile applications in the field of leisure and sport".

Participation in the "M-Content" program

In addition, the agreement also provides for the participation of FC Barcelona in the "M-Content" program of Mobile World Capital , aimed at promoting new mobile services that enrich the leisure and entertainment experience for users. Specifically, the collaboration will focus on the project "Enhanced football experience" , designed to drive new applications and services that improve the experience of watching or following a football game on or off the field.

FCB

Last edited by a moderator:
Messi's hat-trick leads Argentina to victory
www.fcbarcelona.cat 02/29/2012 23:13
Argentina beat Switzerland thanks to the FC Barcelona star. Messi, who scored a hat-trick, and Mascherano played the whole match
Éric Abidal’s, who also played the full 90 minutes, France beat Germany in Bremen (1-2). France has gone 18 games without knowing defeat

leooo.v1330555975.png

Messi celebrating one of his goals / PHOTO: fifa.com
[highlight]France wins in Bremen
Éric Abidal started for the French national team managed by Laurent Blanc against Joachim Löw’s Germany. It was an excellent matchup ahead of this EURO championship this summer. France scored on 21 minutes thanks to a Giroud goal. In the second half, the French team scored another thanks to Malouda, in the last minute, Cacao brought Germany within one. Final score 1-2.[highlight]
Leo Messi led his Argentina in the country’s first friendly of 2012. It was a good opportunity to test the South American side ahead of the Brazil World Cup 2014 qualifiers. The Argentine star, once again, took a step forward and showed the world his superb footballing qualities. This was Messi’s first hat-trick for Argentina.
The first goal came on 19 minutes, after a good combination play with Agüero , the other two came at the end of the match. On 88 minutes, theBarça star won the ball back and skipped past his mark before firing Argentina ahead (2-1), thethird was scored on 93 minutes, from the penaltyspot. With these 3 goals, Barça’s playmaker takes his tally to 22 goals in 68 matches for Argentina.
Mascherano, commanding the midfield
Javier Mascherano also played the whole match. He played in the middle of the pitch and directedhis team’s play. The Azulgrana was sure and calm in his return to the position he grew accustomed to in Liverpool.

FCB

Iniesta shines and Spain runs riot (5-0)
www.fcbarcelona.cat 03/01/2012 00:27
Piqué, Puyol, Busquets, Xavi, Cesc and a great Iniesta were all part of Spain's fantastic game against Venezuela (5-0)
Iniesta scored the first goal at the Rosaleda. Valdés and Thiago were the only Barça players to not play

Iniesta.v1330559166.png

Iniesta scored Spain's first goal in Málaga / PHOTO: fifa.com
Andrés Iniesta took hold of the Spanish national side’s rudder and steered the side to a smashing 5-0 victory over Venezuela . The Azulgrana midfielder was simply brilliant for the 45 minutes he was on the pitch. In fact, he opened up the scoring on 37 minutes with a great right-footed shot.
Four Barça players in the starting XI
Del Bosque sent out four Azulgranas in the starting line-up: Piqué , Busquets , Iniesta and Cesc . Busquets and Piqué had little trouble sorting the very few attacks from the South American side, while Iniesta and Cesc, along with Silva , gelled perfectly on offence. The three attack-minded players controlled the match for Spain with spectacular passing and positioning.
It was Silva who scored the second goal for Spain after receiving a back-heel pass from Cesc.In the second half, Soldado wracked up a hat-trick. Soldado, who was the main protagonist in the second half, was merciless in front of goal. Iker Muniain , who also played a magnificent game, made his debut with the Spanish national side.
Puyol and Xavi played for 30 minutes
Carles Puyol and Xavi Hernández , who rested onMonday, played the last half hour of the match. The Barça captain led a three-man defence composed of Piqué and Arbeloa. Xavi picked up where Iniesta and Cesc left off in the midfield.
Piqué and Busquets were the only Azulgranas that played the full 90 minutes. Cesc played 75; Iniesta, 45; and Puyol and Xavi, 30. Valdés and Thiago didn’t play. Spain, after poor showings against Argentina, Portugal, Italy and Costa Rica,seems to be back on track just in time for the EURO championship this summer.

FCB

Alexis’ Chile draw with Ghana (1-1)
www.fcbarcelona.cat 03/01/2012 08:59
Alexis was one of the most outstanding players for his country in the friendly played in Philadelphia under heavy rain

Alexis25_BEV.v1330597716.jpg

Alexis Sánchez / PHOTO: Archive/Giuliano Bevilacqua
Alexis Sanchez was one of the last Barça playersto play for his country this midweek. This morning, he played the whole 90 minutes in the friendly against Ghana that took place at the PPLPark in Philadelphia, and ended in a 1-1 draw. The match was played under heavy rain and the African team opened the scoring in the 42nd minute with a goal from Richard Mpong.
The Chilean team, led by the brilliant Alexis, whowas the teams attacking reference point, battled to reverse the score. Although they went down to 10 players in the 69th minute, when Matias Campos was sent off, Chile equalised a few minutes later. In the 75th minute, Matias Fernandez converted a penalty, after a foul on Barca's Alexis Sanchez. With the 1-1 scoreline both teams carried the battle on in midfield, but the Chileans were the ones who went looking for the winning goal
Dos Santos, in the Mexico starting line-up
For his part, the Barça B player, Jonathan Dos Santos, also played for his country. The Barça player was in the starting line-up for Mexico in the friendly against Colombia, played in Miami. The match ended in defeat for the Mexicans by 2-0, with goals from Falcao and Cuadrado. Dos Santos played the first half alongside his brotherand former Barça player Giovani dos Santos, as well as with the other star player, who defendedthe Barça colours between 2003 and 2010, Rafa Marquez.

FCB

FCBESCOLA
FCBCAMP Easter 2012. Inscriptions open until March 23!
03/01/2012 09:37
Enjoy the Barça Easter holidays

_DSC8542.v1330598737.JPG

FCBCampus Setmana Santa 2012
The FCB Escola Campuses will be back for the Easter holiday! These are three days of training and other activities to learn, improve, and perfect the main football skills, aimed at boys and girls born between 2000 and 2006.
The FCB Camp Easter 2012 is for both pupils from FCB Escola, and the FCB Escola de Tecnificació (Barcelona and others), as well as boys and girls from other schools and sports clubs. The period for inscription ends on Friday March 23, 2012 (as long as there are still places available). So, hurry!

MORE INFORMATION
INSCRIPTIONS
FCB

Guardiola, on the verge of equalling Michels and Rijkaard

03/01/2012 10:00
Josep Guardiola is on the verge of breaking two more FC Barcelona records; he’s one victory away from equalling Marinus Michels and a solitary goal away from drawing level with Frank Rijkaard

Michels-Rijkaard-Guardiola.v1330535294.jpg

Marinus Michels, Frank Rijkaard and Pep Guardiola
Josep Guardiola keeps on reaching for greater heights. The manager is very close to breaking two more records at FC Barelona: he’s only one victory away in the Liga to equalling Marinus Michels and he’s a solitary goal away from reaching the all-time goal tally that the team setwith Frank Rijkaard . This Saturday, against Sporting Gijón , both these records are within his grasp.
104 wins in La Liga
To start, Guardiola is hovering just below the third position of the all-time winningest Barça managers. The Barça boss has reached 104 wins in 138 matches (75.3% winning rate, more than any other manager in the history of the Club) . He’s just one win away from the 105 wins achieved by Michels, who coached Barça on two occasions. The Dutch manager, however, directed the Catalan club 204 times, almost 70 more times than Guardiola.
Frank Rijkaard (112 wins) is in second place, atop the list sits Johan Cruyff , who won 184 times in the Liga.
One goal away from Rijkaard
Of the 138 league matches, Guardiola has only lost 10. His team have wracked up 368 goals (2.66 per match) and have only conceded 98. Guardiola’s Barça is only one goal away from theteam led by the Dutchman. With Rijkaard, who managed Barça for five seasons (2003-2008), Barça scored 369 goals and conceded 179 in 190 matches (1.94 goals per game). With goal that brings Guardiola level with the Dutchman come this Saturday? Who will score it?

FCB,

Roger Bogunyà

Sporting cursed at the Camp Nou
www.fcbarcelona.cat 03/01/2012 11:29
Sporting Gijon have only won once in forty visits to the Camp Nou in the League
They’ve accumulated nine consecutive defeats at the Camp Nou

FCB-SPORTING_7_.v1330606969.jpg

FCB-SPORTING (2008/09). FOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB.
Sporting Gijon, Barca's next opponents at the Camp Nou, have very negative dynamics away atBarça in the League. Of the 40 games they have played there, only once have they emerged victorious, and that was a long time ago, in the1986/87 season, when they won well (4-0). Since then, the balance between the Catalan and the Asturian sides at the Camp Nou is 14 wins for Barça, and just one draw.
Eleven years absence
In fact, Sporting have lost their last 9 games at Barcelona. The red and whites were relegated to the Second Division in 1998, and it took them eleven years to get back to the top flight. Since their last promotion, Barça have won 3-1 (2008/09), 3-0 (2009/10) and 1-0 (2010/11). Indeed, in the most recent precedent, the defending champions had to work hard to win the three points. A solitary goal from Villa decided the match.

FCB

The spectacular drill, the most watched on Youtube
www.fcbarcelona.cat 03/01/2012 12:37
The spectacular drill carried out by Thiago, Alexis, and Adriano, with Alves in the middle, and without the ball touching the ground, is the most visited video of FC Barcelona’s official Youtube channel
The visit of Homare Sawa also aroused much excitement amongst surfers

2012-02-24_ENTRENO_03.v1330602012.JPG

El rondo. FOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB.
More than 2 million Internet users have enjoyed the spectacular drill carried out by Thiago, Alexisand Adriano, with Alves in the middle, and without the ball touching the ground, in a first team training session. It is the most visited videoin February on the official Youtube channel of FC Barcelona.
Other images that have aroused enormous interest in the network are related to the visit of the female Ballon d'Or, Homare Sawa, surrounding the match between her team and Barça girls side. Also listed in the Top 10 videos are the ones related to the Laureus Awards, the Basketball King's Cup, and Afellay and Keita's return to training. The most discussed was the duel between Barça and Ajax, in the NextGen Series.

FCB

Messi: "These goals are very special"

The Argentine striker was very happy after his hat-trick against Switzerland. The Argentine media had him on all the front pages emphasizing that "this is the Messi of Barça"
The Barça number 10 took up most of the headlines in the Argentina press

Messi-portades-Hattrick-Arg.v1330600778.jpg

"It's been some time playing games without scoring, but I knew that the time would come. I'm leaving here feeling very happy"
"The most important thing is that the team is developing and becoming stronger. It's what we're working on, trying to be strong as a group, trying and keeping growing"
Lionel Messi left the Stade de Suisse , Wankdorf, a very happy man, and for good reason. The victory in Argentina's friendly against Switzerland, 3-1 , will stay forever etched in his mind, as it was the first time he scored a hat-trick wearing his national shirt . But apart from his particular success, Messi was happy with the win, and especially for the cohesion of the team.
Just after the game, Messi , who with these threegoals has now scored 22 in 68 games for his country , said he was very happy "to have won and for these goals, which are very special because they are the first - the first hat-trick - with the national team.....it's been some time playing games without scoring, but I knew that the time would come. I'm leaving here feeling very happy" Messi explained.
But just like with Barça, Messi puts the collective triumph above the individual one, and gives great value to the fact that the Argentine squad is gaining more cohesion the more games they play: "The most important thing is that the team is developing and becoming stronger. It's what we're working on, trying to be strong as a group, trying and keeping growing. We have lots of things to improve on, and we know it, but it's a positive thing to win, so we can work together calmly". He insisted that:" We have to create a strong and united group to be able to achieve big things".
The Barça Messi
It could never be otherwise, but the press in Argentina paid homage to the Barça number 10, often referring to the fact that Messi played just as he does wearing the Barça shirt . This is the case of one of the main sports newspapers in thecountry ' Ole ', which in its digital version dedicated a special front page to Messi, where he appears in a Barça shirt, in an article entitled"The Barça Messi!" In the printed version, titled"+10", it outlined that "Leo was the crack from Barcelona."
Precisely this last idea, the Barça Messi , was alsoprominent in other newspapers like the ' Cronica ', pointing to a "brilliant performance like we've become accustomed to in Barcelona", or " Diario Popular " for whom "Leo was like the Barcelona player and it worked like clockwork". "The Messiof the People," in the newspaper ' Libre Deportivo '; "Messi's style" in " Muy de Buenos Aires '; "I'm Argentinian" in " La Razon ";"Argentina, with the brilliance of Messi" in the newspaper ' El dia '', or "Messi, a godsend for Argentina" in ' La Nación ' were other headlines of the day.

FCB,

VANESSA FORNS

Dídac Lee evaluates FC Barcelona's agreement with the Mobile World Congress
www.fcbarcelona.cat 03/01/2012 15:45
The director responsible for new technologies atthe Club, Dídac Lee, is very pleased with the agreement between FC Barcelona and Mobile World Congress
2011-11-03_RP_PRESENTACION_ESTRATEGIA_DIGITAL_FCB_005.v1320917923.jpg

FCB

Nike features Guardiola in their latest advert
www.fcbarcelona.cat 03/01/2012 17:30
The manager says that “technique†is the main thing young footballers need to focus on during their formative years

The_Chance_Pep_Guardiola_pic_branded.v1330624876.jpg

The manager Pep Guardiola is the main protagonist of Nike ’s latest football advert. In the advert, the Barça manager watches a game in Barcelona between two youth sides. The video is part of ‘The Chance’ campaign, a Nike initiative focused on finding new talented youngfootballers.
Guardiola is clear about what qualities he looks for in young footballers: “the first thing I look foris talent... their technique. That’s what’s important at this age. They are young and they are still developing, therefore their physique isn’t that important. It’s exclusively about technique. It’s the first thing that should be looked at.†He also gives advice to the young players: “they should only think about playing. Play when they can. All the time. Everywhere. Only play. The rest will come by itself.â€
The FC Barcelona manager also refers to the characteristics of Barça’s youth system model: “the process of training and selection is excellent, and we choose players that are ready and that have excellent technique. We give them everything they need to develop their talent . Later, the passion they have for football wil be what decides the rest.â€

FCB

Pedro: “It has never been easy against Sportingâ€

03/01/2012 17:37
The FC Barcelona striker anticipates a “complicated†match this Saturday against the Asturian team

2012-03-01_ENTRENO_01.v1330620170.JPG

Pedro during the press conference / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB
“Clemente likes to be aggressive and he makes his teams reduce the space between the lines"
"We have to try and not lose anymore and wait for Madrid to drop points"
1-0 at the Camp Nou, 1-1 and 0-1 at El Molinón. These are FC Barcelona ’s latest results against Sporting Gijón . “It has never been easy against Sporting. They always prove they have a great team when they play against us,†said Pedro . The Azulgrana striker believes that the Asturian team’s new manager, Javier Clemente , will make the challenge of overcoming Sporting even more complicated this Saturday: “Clementelikes to be aggressive and he makes his teams reduce the space between the lines [defence to midfield, midfield to offence]. I’m sure it will be difficult.â€
“I’m doing well nowâ€
This hasn’t been an easy season for Pedro. He’s sustained up to three injuries this year. In fact, he hasn’t played an entire game since December22nd, when Barça thumped Hospitalet 9-0 at theCamp Nou. However, the striker says he’s back tofull strength: “it’s true that I’ve had a couple of injuries, but I’m well now, with more confidence and rhythm . I hope to play more minutes and be able to help the team, it depends on the manager though, he has the last word.â€
“We’ll fight until the endâ€
Pedro isn’t convinced that Barça’s Liga title bid is over: “the truth is that we are 10 points behind. We have to try and not lose anymore and wait for Madrid to drop points to cut into their lead. If their lead increases, the league will be very complicated. We won’t give up on this title and we’ll fight until the end. We’re doing particularlywell at the moment.â€
Pedro also talked about Vicente del Bosque ’s Spanish national side team for the friendly against Venezuela. “We all like to play for the national team, but Del Bosque called on other players this time. There are still a lot of matches and months lft. We’ll have to see how all the players finish the season. I’m calm about it,†he said.

FCB,

Roger Bogunyà

Abidal and Thiago return injured
www.fcbarcelona.cat 03/01/2012 18:38
The French defender will be out of action for 10 days, while the midfielder has problems with hisright tibia

2011-10-02_PARTIDO_19.v1317639230.JPG

Abidal / PHOTO: ARXIU - FCB
[highlight]Messi, to return on Monday
Leo Messi, suspended for Saturday’s match against Sporting, will return to training next Monday.[/highlight]
Éric Abidal and Thiago Alcántara couldn’t train this Thursday afternoon after this week’s round of international friendlies. According the Club’s Medical Services, the defender finished his gamewith France with hip pain. Abidal underwent further tests today which confirmed the Frenchman will be out of action for 10 days.
Thiago, during the training session with the Spanish national team, felt pain in his right leg. Test confirmed that the player has niggling issues with his right tibia. The player’s recuperation will mark his availability for the upcoming matches.

FCB

First training session after international friendlies
www.fcbarcelona.cat 03/01/2012 19:07
Guardiola has almost all of his players back from international duty
Messi, given free time until Monday, Abidal and Thiago, both injured, were the main absences in today’s training session. Alexis will join the team tomorrow

2012-03-01_ENTRENO_26.v1330627431.JPG

Xavi during today's training session / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB
[highlight]Friday afternoon, training session
The team will retrun to training tomorrow afternoon. The session will start at 18:00 at the Ciutat Esportiva. Guardiola woll hold a post-training session press conference[/highlight].
Pep Guardiola has started the process of preparing his team for the upcoming League clash with Sporting this Saturday at the Camp Nou. After two days off, most of the players that were with their respective national sides trained today at the Ciutat Esportiva. In total, 14 first-team players, Valdés, Pinto, Keita, Pedro, Alves, Mascherano, Piqué, Puyol, Busquets, Cesc, Cuenca, Xavi, Iniesta and Adriano , trained together as a group. The Barça B players Tello and Muniesa were also present.
Four absences
Thiago and Abidal , both injured this week with their national teams , didn’t train with the group. Leo Messi , suspended for the Sporting match, was also absent and has off until Monday.
Alexis , who played with Chile this morning, will join the team for tomorrow’s training session.

FCB

Barça unbeaten after international breaks

03/02/2012 11:52
Barça are about to play their fifth game this season after an international break, and to date such games have ended with two home wins and two draws away from home

2011-11-19_FCB_-_REAL_ZARAGOZA_020.v1321742632.jpg

Isaac Cuenca. PHOTO: ÀLEX CAPARRÓS- FCB.
The internationals over, Barça are now able to concentrate on Saturday's meeting with SportingGijón . It is three and a half months since Barcelona last had to deal with an international week, but this was the fifth time they have had to this season, although they not been beaten under such circumstances.
Shaky start
The other four games happened between August and November, once a month. After the first, Barça picked up an important 2-2 draw at the Santiago Bernabéu in the Spanish Supercup , a trophy they would lift a few days later at the Camp Nou. The poorest result after an international break was the 2-2 draw away to Real Sociedad in the third league game of the season, when Barça threw away a 2-0 halftime lead.
Two big wins at Camp Nou
The last two international weeks were followedby Barça storming to victory against sides now fighting against relegation, Racing and Zaragoza. The Cantabrians were comfortably dispatched 3-0 on October 15 , as was the Aragonese outfit, 4-0, on November 19.

FCB,

JORDI CLOS

Agreement with Boca Juniors
WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 03/02/2012 11:54
FC Barcelona has transferred the 'La Candela' development project to the Argentinian club, butmaintains the future right to players

tft_boca_1024_x_768_.v1330703572.jpg

FC Barcelona and CA Boca Juniors have reached an agreement to collaborate in the developmentof young footballers. The agreement will be officially presented on Monday in the pressroom at the Bombonera in Buenos Aires, an event that will be attended by Daniel Angelici , president ofCA Boca Juniors; Jordi Mestre , director responsible for youth football at FC Barcelona; and Jorge Raffo , general coordinator of youth football at CA Boca Juniors.
This is a standard-setting strategic alliance that will bind both clubs in their work to coach young footballers, through which FC Barcelona will transfer its 'La Candela' coaching project to CA Boca Juniors. In return, FC Barcelona gets first choice regarding the players that represented the club in Argentina and that from now on shall be wearing the shirt of CA Boca Juniors. The same right will relate to other young players emerging from the club's youth system.
CA Boca Juniors will be able to count on the FC Barcelona structure and human resources for theinstruction of its own coaches, the aim being to transmit all of its philosophy and methods regarding the development of youth footballers.
Barça maintains rights to 300 players
Over the last few years, FC Barcelona has coached more than 300 players that are now at different clubs in Argentina and to whom the club maintains future rights as agreed individually and contractually with each club. Evidently, and regardless of the newly signed agreement, FC Barcelona maintains its rights to the future of all of them.
This agreement further strengthens the solid institutional relations between two of the most important football clubs in the world, who will be in constant communication as they share knowledge and experience in the area of coaching young players.

FCB

Options to cover for Messi, Busquets and Abidal

www.fcbarcelona.cat 03/02/2012 12:10

Barça are missing some crucial players for the match at home to Sporting, and here we look at the options available to Guardiola as replacements

osasuna-FCB_2_.v1330687170.JPG

Messi on the bench at the Reyno de Navarra. PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB.

Barça have already played several games this season without Messi , Busquets or Abidal , the first of whom is suspended this weekend, while the other two are injured. The Argentinian has not started 6 matches, Busquets has missed 14, and the French defender has been out for 9. The following are the different options available as cover.

It must be remembered that one of the usual choices to take over from Messi, Thiago , is having problems with his tibia, and is also in doubt for the game against Sporting.

LEO MESSI

COMPETITIO********MATCH********SUBSTIT.

League------------R.Sociedad-FCB------Cesc

Champions-------FCB-BATE-------------Rafinha

Cup----------------Hospitalet-FCB------Cesc

Cup----------------FCB-Hospitalet------Cesc

Cup----------------FCB-Osasuna-------Cuenca

Cup----------------Osasuna-FCB-------Pedro

SERGIO BUSQUETS

COMPETITION******MATCH*********SUBST.

League-------------FCB-Racing--------Thiago

League-------------FCB-Sevilla---------Keita