Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

We are in Laodicean Times

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The purpose of Revelation was to reveal what was going to come to pass....

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John.... - Revelation 1:1

The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; - Revelation 1:20 - Revelation 2:1

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

Candlesticks - Seven church congregations
Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
Seals - The seven seals sealed each congregation within the lambs book of life

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

If this interpretation is not correct why all the ado?

[IMG]

I don't dispute the match of the 7 churches with 7 church ages, but from my own study I have slightly different matches.

The unique discovery was graced to find was that the 7 church cities may actually also match specific capitals or centers. Ephesus' historical and biblical details have definite matches with Jerusalem, and Laodicea's historical and biblical details have definite matches with Victorian London (note the similar spelling/sounding names).

1 Ephesus - early church centered at Jerusalem
2 Smyrna - persecuted church centered at Alexandria
(10 yrs persecution 303-313 or "10 persecutions Nero to Diocletian 313.)
3 Pergamum (Satan's throne) - church centered at Rome
(Telemachus ca 391/404/410?)
4 Thyatira - church centered at Constantinople/Byzantium
5 Sardis - conquistadores/inquisition church centered at Madrid??
6 Philadelphia - puritan/pilgrim/pioneer church centered at Philadelphia USA
7 Laodicea - Victorian/modern church centered at London.

(They were the best matches I could see from my limited knowledge of all christian church history. The 1st one or two and the last one or two are the most certain ones. The one I'm most unsure about is Sardis. If you want more details on any match like Laodicea & London, Ephesus & Jerusalem, etc I can give them, or see my blog article on the 7 churches for more details.)

So we might be past Laodicea, though I agree that its details do fit modern western world churches.

(My list roughly agrees with yours from 1st to 4th or 5th except that I have the 3rd and 4th churches matches the other way around to yours.)

I don't dispute the match of the 7 churches with 7 church ages, but from my own study I have slightly different matches.

The unique discovery was graced to find was that the 7 church cities may actually also match specific capitals or centers. Ephesus' historical and biblical details have definite matches with Jerusalem, and Laodicea's historical and biblical details have definite matches with Victorian London (note the similar spelling/sounding names).

1 Ephesus - early church centered at Jerusalem
2 Smyrna - persecuted church centered at Alexandria
(10 yrs persecution 303-313 or "10 persecutions Nero to Diocletian 313.)
3 Pergamum (Satan's throne) - church centered at Rome
(Telemachus ca 391/404/410?)
4 Thyatira - church centered at Constantinople/Byzantium
5 Sardis - conquistadores/inquisition church centered at Madrid??
6 Philadelphia - puritan/pilgrim/pioneer church centered at Philadelphia USA
7 Laodicea - Victorian/modern church centered at London.

(They were the best matches I could see from my limited knowledge of all christian church history. The 1st one or two and the last one or two are the most certain ones. The one I'm most unsure about is Sardis. If you want more details on any match like Laodicea & London, Ephesus & Jerusalem, etc I can give them, or see my blog article on the 7 churches for more details.)

So we might be past Laodicea, though I agree that its details do fit modern western world churches.

(My list roughly agrees with yours from 1st to 4th or 5th except that I have the 3rd and 4th churches matches the other way around to yours.)
Please note that I don't know it all. I am a lover of history and couldn't help but to notice these things. I will take your study and analyze it. Thank you!

I did the art work myself. I believe the seven stars, seals, and candlesticks refer to the entire Christian church.

[IMG]

The seven angels are sent out to the seven Churches in the Roman province of Asia. The seven Churches is also a dual reference to the whole Church that is the body of Christ as in Jew and Gentile, Galatians 3:28, 29, that have been Spiritually born again and baptized in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, John 3:3-6. God knows our works as in our strengths and our weak areas that we slack in and need instruction.

God has given us his seven spirits which begin with the spirit of the Lord that will rest upon us, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear (respect) of the Lord that they might rest on us as they rested on Jesus, Isaiah 11:2, that we remain in Gods will for the works of preaching his word in all truths. It is not we that speak, but the Holy Spirit that speaks through us so we remain a vessel of honor before him. Philadelphia is that undefiled body of Christ that is laid out for us as an example of Gods pure undefiled religion that is unspotted of the world, James 1:27.

Notice the angel of the Lord tells each church of the seven churches something different.

1. Church of Ephesus
Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

2. Church in Smyrna
Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer

3. Church in Pergamum
But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

4. Church in Thyatira
Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

5. Church in Sardis
These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

6. Church in Philadelphia
I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
(We need to be the Church of Philadelphia strengthening our self in the Lord and His Doctrines)

7. Church in Laodicea
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

The purpose of Revelation was to reveal what was going to come to pass....

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John.... - Revelation 1:1

The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; - Revelation 1:20 - Revelation 2:1

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

Candlesticks - Seven church congregations
Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
Seals - The seven seals sealed each congregation within the lambs book of life

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

If this interpretation is not correct why all the ado?

[IMG]
The spirit partaking of JOHNS writting had to be in the temple that took 3 days compared to 49 years, even Paul knew where Jesus was in man, 2cor 13 :5Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? so revelation isn't secular history.

Back