Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Weight Loss Journey Thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If you're on a weight loss journey feel free to post here we can motivate each other!

My highest weight was 252 lbs I'm around 245 at the moment. It's slow because I struggle with binging problems. I'm desperate to make the change though, 20 is too young to have heart problems and I already have the start of this.

Good job, Prim. It's always good to want to get healthy. When I was a child, I was very skinny. Then I went through a very traumatic event and I turned to food for comfort. It's a story as old as time.

At my heaviest, I was 260lbs. After cutting out soda and really trying to eat a low carb diet, I lost about 95lbs. I dropped down to 165lbs and am now at 185lbs after being less strict with the diet.

Good job, Prim. It's always good to want to get healthy. When I was a child, I was very skinny. Then I went through a very traumatic event and I turned to food for comfort. It's a story as old as time.

At my heaviest, I was 260lbs. After cutting out soda and really trying to eat a low carb diet, I lost about 95lbs. I dropped down to 165lbs and am now at 185lbs after being less strict with the diet.
A similar story to mine actually. Low carb isn't really for me, I did the atkins once and ended up with the smallest waist I've ever had but I also had the luxury of attending a gym for 2 hours a day not really something I can pull off now.
I've been trying to eat regular 3x a day meals and I'm abstaining from takeaway as I'm addicted.

I need to wait at LEAST 3 months clean from takeaway because the addiction is very strong but once I'm over that hurdle I'm going to gradually cut out other unhealthy foods until I'm eating healthy food types.

While I'm doing this I'm not weighing. But the regular meal times do help curb binging and I'm sure my body is looking a bit smaller

Amazing on the 95lb loss though I hope I can say the same one day :)

A similar story to mine actually. Low carb isn't really for me, I did the atkins once and ended up with the smallest waist I've ever had but I also had the luxury of attending a gym for 2 hours a day not really something I can pull off now.
I've been trying to eat regular 3x a day meals and I'm abstaining from takeaway as I'm addicted.

I need to wait at LEAST 3 months clean from takeaway because the addiction is very strong but once I'm over that hurdle I'm going to gradually cut out other unhealthy foods until I'm eating healthy food types.

While I'm doing this I'm not weighing. But the regular meal times do help curb binging and I'm sure my body is looking a bit smaller

Amazing on the 95lb loss though I hope I can say the same one day :)
Controlling the carbs are the key. All carbs are converted into sugar by the body and it triggers a spike in insulin. That prevents weight loss. They key is keeping insulin levels consistently low. Forces the body to use fat for fuel.

Also, black coffee is good if you like coffee. Took a few days to get used to it, but now that's the only way I drink it. The benefit is a significant source of antioxidants and you burn an extra 100 or so calories a day just by drinking it.

Controlling the carbs are the key. All carbs are converted into sugar by the body and it triggers a spike in insulin. That prevents weight loss. They key is keeping insulin levels consistently low. Forces the body to use fat for fuel.

Also, black coffee is good if you like coffee. Took a few days to get used to it, but now that's the only way I drink it. The benefit is a significant source of antioxidants and you burn an extra 100 or so calories a day just by drinking it.
I drink normal coffee sometimes but when I do I have a light/no breakfast because I have milk, sugar and it's a biiig mug 😍

I don't know. I just dont feel I can right now mostly due to poverty, we go to a specific shop and buy the cheapest foods. They're carby. But maybe I can work up to that

Right now the key is overcoming my addictions

I put my weight back on and I'm pretty upset. I relapsed terribly with binging and alcohol. I even purged (bulimia) again because I just feel so guilty.

If you're on a weight loss journey feel free to post here we can motivate each other!

My highest weight was 252 lbs I'm around 245 at the moment. It's slow because I struggle with binging problems. I'm desperate to make the change though, 20 is too young to have heart problems and I already have the start of this.
No quik results, but green tea is so healthy and said to increase metabolism. I love green tea. I put honey in mine sometimes.

No quik results, but green tea is so healthy and said to increase metabolism. I love green tea. I put honey in mine sometimes. Lipton isn't any good because it is basically cornstarch. I drink mine warm and it soothes anxiety. It is great!

I drink normal coffee sometimes but when I do I have a light/no breakfast because I have milk, sugar and it's a biiig mug 😍

I don't know. I just dont feel I can right now mostly due to poverty, we go to a specific shop and buy the cheapest foods. They're carby. But maybe I can work up to that

Right now the key is overcoming my addictions
My wife does keto and she likes Bulletproof coffee , you might want to try it .
Bulletproof® coffee instead of having breakfast

Trying to be more mindful of my food intake. Tonight was chickpea pasta tossed with oil and some cheese. Rather good but even popular brand legume pasta takes some getting used to.

My prescriber got me down to a lower but still effective dosage of my atypical. I gradually dropped 20 pounds. It’s…good obviously that I can take the lower dosage and also drop some weight…

Kind of disconcerting to see how powerful the miracle meds are in all aspects of my life. Eek 😱

Trying to be more mindful of my food intake. Tonight was chickpea pasta tossed with oil and some cheese. Rather good but even popular brand legume pasta takes some getting used to.

My prescriber got me down to a lower but still effective dosage of my atypical. I gradually dropped 20 pounds. It’s…good obviously that I can take the lower dosage and also drop some weight…

Kind of disconcerting to see how powerful the miracle meds are in all aspects of my life. Eek 😱
Well when you think about it hormones and chemicals that naturally occur in the body affect our behaviour constantly so meds are just a synthetic addition to this

It's great you dropped some weight!

I lost 40 lbs. It took awhile. I still need to work on better abs. That's the hard one, but it probably is because I am not consistent. It is really hard. Most the time I just turn on music and dance. It is stress relief, but I need to do resistance bands. I've been lazy at that. I need to get back into that. Dancing to music is fun. :)

I lost 40 lbs. It took awhile. I still need to work on better abs. That's the hard one, but it probably is because I am not consistent. It is really hard. Most the time I just turn on music and dance. It is stress relief, but I need to do resistance bands. I've been lazy at that. I need to get back into that. Dancing to music is fun. :) I don't do trendy diet fads and everyone says different, "eat this and not that." It is different for everyone. Sorry if this post twice. It acted like it posted, but said to post. *shrugs* be good to yourself. Do what works for you.

This is a neat thread, Prim. All of us could lose weight and get into an exercise routine to stay healthy. Our good Lord bestowed us with a body as His holy temple, so why not make the effort to take good care of it, right? :)

In my past experience with losing weight I found that drinking more water helped a lot. Some years back I drank about 8-10 glasses of water a day and that filled me up enough that I didn't crave any snacks or other drinks in between meals. Plus, all that water drinking did some amazing things for my hair and skin too!

Replacing sugary and salty snacks with healthier alternatives like fresh fruits and vegetables can be another option.

Have you tried making your own green juice for breakfast? This can be a game changer.

Also, having two meals a day (rather than three) and doing intermittent fasting every now and then have helped me lose weight and improve digestion. Doing light exercise has helped me improve my mood and reduce stress.

I used to eat until my belly was full, as in 10/10. Now I stop myself once I am at 4/10 or 6/10. It's kind of satisfying this way (though not sure why exactly) and the food tastes a lot better when I learn to stop after a certain number. If I crave more food even after I have eaten sufficiently (at 4/10 or 6/10) I think of all those people in this world who are starving to death and try to be grateful that I had food to begin with, or I try to think of "a spiritual need" that is unmet and pray to God to help me seek heavenly things rather than seeking pleasures from food and drinks.

Of course I fail from time to time and give in to my cravings but thus far my method has been working for me. You don't need to follow my advice and you are welcome to do your own thing. Just have fun with it and enjoy the process of getting healthier and being happy! Your weight is only a number. Our Heavenly Father loves you just the way you are. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back