Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study WELCOME TO A DEEP LOOK AT GENESIS

Gen 24:61 And Rebekah arose, and her damsels, and they rode upon the camels, and followed the man: and the servant took Rebekah, and went his way.
Gen 24:62 And Isaac came from the way of the well Lahairoi; for he dwelt in the south country.
Gen 24:63 And Isaac went out to meditate in the field at the eventide: and he lifted up his eyes, and saw, and, behold, the camels were coming.
Gen 24:64 And Rebekah lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she lighted off the camel.
Gen 24:65 For she had said unto the servant, What man is this that walketh in the field to meet us? And the servant had said, It is my master: therefore she took a vail, and covered herself.
Gen 24:66 And the servant told Isaac all things that he had done.
Gen 24:67 And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.

Parshah Chayei? could you explain please?
Google it..
:lock I honestly don't know anything. I just searched online for the veil as I knew(in part) Yhwh's people veiled themselves, often very strictly, and for very particular purposes or instructions, modesty and humbleness and obedience being foremost as far as I knew( traits very foreign to americans and in general to people everywhere).
The page of that link has peaceful revealing information, and is untested (I didn't check out all of it), but is more trustworthy than the internet in general and gentile sites in particular; not-with-standing if anything is contrary to Scripture or to Yeshua don't accept it.(test by Scripture and Prayer).

I can't resist posting Day 51 Friday 6/6/14 Genesis 25:1-18 Abraham Goes To Paradise.

Chapter 25 records the names of the children of Keturah, Abraham's second named "Wife". V.5 records Abraham giving "all he had to his Son Isaac.", apparently he had things left over "gifts" that he gave to the sons of his concubines.

An interesting side note is recorded in V.6 that Abraham, while he was living, sent all these men "away from his Son Isaac....This would save a lot of arguments between Isaac's posterity and his concubines children.

V.7 records Abraham's death at 175 years old. I really like how it is expressed, in those days, "he was gathered to his people." Abraham would be re-united with his beloved Sarah, as well to be used by God in incidents like "the rich man & Lazarus."

V.12-18 record the generations of Ishmael, who died at 137 years old. and was gathered to his people. I wonder if that would be Abraham his Father and Mother? Who else do you think?

An interesting statement in V.18, "They settled over against all his kinsmen. oh oh! I smell trouble!

Like this?...

big-largemouth-bass.jpg

The TOG​

I can't resist posting Day 51 Friday 6/6/14 Genesis 25:1-18 Abraham Goes To Paradise.

Chapter 25 records the names of the children of Keturah, Abraham's second named "Wife". V.5 records Abraham giving "all he had to his Son Isaac.", apparently he had things left over "gifts" that he gave to the sons of his concubines.

An interesting side note is recorded in V.6 that Abraham, while he was living, sent all these men "away from his Son Isaac....This would save a lot of arguments between Isaac's posterity and his concubines children.

V.7 records Abraham's death at 175 years old. I really like how it is expressed, in those days, "he was gathered to his people." Abraham would be re-united with his beloved Sarah, as well to be used by God in incidents like "the rich man & Lazarus."

V.12-18 record the generations of Ishmael, who died at 137 years old. and was gathered to his people. I wonder if that would be Abraham his Father and Mother? Who else do you think?

An interesting statement in V.18, "They settled over against all his kinsmen. oh oh! I smell trouble!

Being gathered to his people is a nice way of thinking where we go at death imo. The Greeks ( some ) liked to think of a blessed/happy life where they would be reunited with family in Elysium etc. This sounds good so long as you were happy with your family here and not in an abusive/troublesome relationship. :biggrin I think being "gathered to his people" is a comforting way to consider that a person will be reunited with family in death. Today we think of sleeping in Christ in the same way imo.

Vs 18 is translated in a few different ways

(ESV) They settled from Havilah to Shur, which is opposite Egypt in the direction of Assyria. He settled over against all his kinsmen.

(KJV) And they dwelt from Havilah unto Shur, that is before Egypt, as thou goest toward Assyria: and he died in the presence of all his brethren.

(LITV) And they lived from Havilah to Shur, which is facing Egypt as you come toward Assyria; he settled facing all his brothers.

(NIV) His descendants settled in the area from Havilah to Shur, near the eastern border of Egypt, as you go toward Ashur. And they lived in hostility toward all the tribes related to them.

(YLT) and they tabernacle from Havilah unto Shur, which is before Egypt, in thy going towards Asshur; in the presence of all his brethren hath he fallen.

I'm guessing it has something to do with what the Angel of Yahweh said to Hagar.

Gen 16:12 KJV And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.[/quote]

Day 52 Saturday 6/7/14 Genesis 25:19-28 A Boxing Match in the Womb.

This section opens with the mention of Rebekah's birth place and family. Also there is a mention of, like Sarah, Rebekah is barren. Somewhere I read that Isaac and Rebekah had been married about 20 years without getting their Son of promise.

Isaac, according to some Jewish writers, took Rebekah to Mt. Moriah, a special place in Isaac's heart, where his Father had placed him on the altar of sacrifice. Isaac prays and God answers, This is a good reminder that Yahweh does not, in many instances answer our prayers immediately. Here is a man of promise, and Covenant without a Son to carry out God's promise that God had given to Abraham. The 20 years could have been a time of testing for Isaac and Rebekah, nothing is mentioned about this.

V.22 reveals a prophesy about the future of the twins in Rebekah's womb. The relationship between the twins will be mostly hostile. Two Nations will be established in Esau and Jacob, Edomites and Israelites.

Apparently, Rebekah sought out other women to inquire of them if their pregnancy was anything like hers. She eventually sought out, perhaps a Prophet, and was told of the Lord, "Two Nations.......the older shall serve the younger."

Lastly, Esau sells his birthright to Jacob, thus answering the prophetic message to Rebekah about the older serving the younger. It could very well be that Rebekah, because she believed the prophesy, loved Jacob more than Esau.

Day 53 Sunday 6/8/14 Genesis 26:1-5 The Promise Repeated.

V.1 Mentions a famine in the land. According to the "Targum of Jonathan" The famine was in the land of Canaan. Also it is mentioned the famine a hundred years ago when Abraham experienced the same, and Isaac followed the same course of action in that he journeyed to the land of the Philistines to Abimelech the king. This king is probably the son of the Abimelech that Abraham had dealings. I understand that the name Abimelech is more of a title like Pharaoh was to Egypt.

Jehovah, probably in a dream said, "do not go down to Egypt." God did not want Isaac to settle in Egypt because the Promise to Abraham had to be carried out in the "Promised Land" not Egypt.

Again, Jehovah repeats the promise given to Isaac's Father Abraham. There is a protection from their enemies, and provision for their needs, as well as a prophesy about Messiah being a blessing to "all the Nations."

Lastly, because there was no "Law" (10 Commandments) at this time, there is a mention of Commandments, Statues, and Laws. In other words, Isaac, you keep them too.

Day 52 Saturday 6/7/14 Genesis 25:19-28 A Boxing Match in the Womb.

I believe .....
Gen 25:22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the LORD.
Gen 25:23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

Rom 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;

Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

What I see here is that there is the idea of salvation (birthright) by works and (birthright) by faith.

Esau representing birthright by works of the flesh and Jacob representing birthright by faith (believing as Abraham did.)

Gen 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
Rom 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
Rom 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
Rom 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Gen 25:28 And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob.

Rebekah enquired of the Lord and He spoke to her and she believed what the Lord told her.

Gen 25:23 And the LORD said unto her, ......

Rebekah believed the testimony of Abraham's servant at the well. Now Rebekah believes what the Lord told her about her sons. Rebekah being a woman of faith believing God.

Gen 26:1 And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.
Gen 26:2 And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:
Gen 26:3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
Gen 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Back