Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study WELCOME TO A DEEP LOOK AT GENESIS

You are so right Jeff. YHWH must be ready to send down Yeshua to end this mess! Of course we have to pass thru the tribulation period, obviously protected by God, but allowed to "taste" persecution, and bring home the faithful. Thank you very much for using the proper Names for God and Jesus. I admire that in you as well as reminding me to use His Names as well. I like what Genesis' early Chapters called YHWH, Jehovah my Elohim. When I pray each morning I start with "Good morning Jehovah my Elohim" I don't know why, I just feel it's the right thing to do....What do you think? When you pray and address YHWH, do you call Him Yahweh?
This all sounds a bit like a thread I once read where the poster made objection to using the transliterated name of Jesus instead of יהושוע or יהושע, or even Yĕhowshuwa`.

Somehow, and somewhere we have allowed others dictate our love of God and the manner we even address Him. Ritual survives a people that mostly rejected our Lord, and in many illustrations we are affected by it. I personally believe God looks upon my heart and knows I love Him.

Maybe we can consider a forum for them that cannot speak anything but Greek and Hebrew instead of just half and half. :)

Over the chapters and verses so far... how many times has satan ( satan by any name) tried to destroy this seed?
Gen_3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

where does it say / is it written / "love(obedience to Yhwh/righteousness) gives up what is rightfully its own without complaint or strife or argument(i.e. freely)" (paraphrased)

as in the above , well, after well, after well ---- hard digging also, realize.....
Matthew 5:40 and 1 Peter 2:19

Day 57 Thursday 6/12/14 Genesis 27:1-29 The Great Deception.

I start off today's study with several questions. Since this deception involves a downright lie, and because God is against lying, did God because He is omniscient, order this blessing to Jacob instead of Esau? Or did He just let it happen? What do some of you think? Because of a prophesy that the older will serve the younger, this sure seems a strange happening IMO. After all, God can't be the Author of deception and a lie, so what gives?

Second question: Why don't we fathers bless our sons the way they did in Abraham and Isaac's day? Do you think that God just doesn't bless thru fathers these days?

Lastly, we see the famous blessing and curse on anyone or Nation who is friendly toward Jacob (Israel) or not.

Tomorrow's Study: Day 58 Friday 6/13/14 Genesis 27:30-46 Another Murder?

Note: I am giving my wife the day off so I'll be working tomorrow. I'll try and get Friday's study done later today.

Last First, yes, Yhwh blesses whoever blesses Israel, and curses everyone who causes them harm. This was seen very dramatically worldwide the last few decades, at least 3 times, probably dozens if not hundreds not recognized yet.
next,
I did and do bless my sons the way they did in Abraham and Isaac's day. With the Word of God, Truth, and Salvation (Knowledge and Experience) in Christ Jesus.
(although for 3 years I didn't - and it was the most devastating disaster to my son and I than anything could ever be. God is working even that experience out to the GOOD of us who love HIM)

Hardest for some people to understand today, God doesn't see things the way we see them. (for here, concerning lies).
the voice of the martyrs points out that many times God's people in the OT and NT 'lied' and were still in continued blessing of God's Will and Purpose,
the 'liars' who are thown in the lake of fire, not permitted into heaven are a different matter entirely (a wicked heart /spirit in them).

As to Jacob and Esau, it is Yhwh Who is the Potter, and He pots the way He Wants.(pbly more later on this)

Tomorrow's Study: Day 58 Friday 6/13/14 Genesis 27:30-46 Another Murder?

Note: I am giving my wife the day off so I'll be working tomorrow. I'll try and get Friday's study done later today.

Cool 'taters! :) .... .... and I just got called to a job, so au revoir for now, SHALOM IN YESHUA ALWAYS!

sells is also correct: (maybe more so, I don't know)
Genesis 25:29-34
English Standard Version (ESV)

Esau Sells His Birthright

29 Once when Jacob was cooking stew, Esau came in from the field, and he was exhausted. 30 And Esau said to Jacob, “Let me eat some of that red stew, for I am exhausted!” (Therefore his name was called Edom.) 31 Jacob said, “Sell me your birthright now.” 32 Esau said, “I am about to die; of what use is a birthright to me?” 33 Jacob said, “Swear to me now.” So he swore to him and sold his birthright to Jacob. 34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and lentil stew, and he ate and drank and rose and went his way. Thus Esau despised his birthright

Hebrews 12:16-18
King James Version (KJV)

16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

Day 58 Friday 6/13/14 Genesis 27:30-46 Another Murder?

I didn't say much about Jacob and his mother's staged act of stealing the first born blessing from Esau, but it was quite a scene. Isaac is blind now and the costume of Esau's cloths and goat skin for Jacob's hands and neck must have been the comedy scene in this staged act. Well, it worked, and Jacob received the blessing.

V.30 opens with the exit of Jacob and the entrance of Esau. When Esau identifies himself to his father, Isaac "trembles violently" realizing he had blessed Jacob instead of Esau. When told that Jacob had "deceitfully" taken away his blessing, Esau said "is he not rightly named Jacob?" (Jacob means to deceive/cheat)

I will post the rest when I get out of work.

IT is more complicated then they stole the blessing...

Gen 25:21 And Isaac intreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren: and the LORD was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.
Gen 25:22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the LORD.
Gen 25:23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.
Gen 25:24 And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.
Gen 25:25 And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau.
Gen 25:26 And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them.

It was God's plan

Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

There is a lot of the younger kid getting the blessing...

1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven

I'm Baaaaakk!

Jacob is a cheater, Jacob is a cheater na na na na na na! :lol It does seem strange to me that there was no positive blessing for Esau, but these practices of old, I'm rather ignorant.

In V.40 Isaac prophesies that Esau, "when you grow restless, you shall break his yoke from your neck" This will happen later in our study. Esau, thinking that he was speaking to himself, said that later he would kill Jacob. Someone heard this and told Rebekah. She makes plans to send Jacob to Laban, her brother for safety. Boy oh boy, Rebekah has been a major player in this whole birth rite deal. For a supposed godly woman, she sure lacks in the honesty realm. Lie's, deceit, cunning, eavesdropping, going against her husbands wishes? I wonder if Isaac ever found out.

IT is more complicated then they stole the blessing...

Gen 25:21 And Isaac intreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren: and the LORD was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.
Gen 25:22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the LORD.
Gen 25:23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.
Gen 25:24 And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.
Gen 25:25 And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau.
Gen 25:26 And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them.

It was God's plan

Yeah and we can also see this plan in salvation by grace through faith and when Jesus told some Pharisees that Gentiles were entering the Kingdom ahead of them imo. What a complex set of events that teaches the importance of faith in Yahweh's grace.

Rebekah was chosen .. Chosen to do just as she did... There is a force? a mix? a something? in/of the fact that we women nurture the seed we birth it that kind of thing. What is the church to bring forth? I wish i had fancy words :hips

The woman/women brought forth the Seed that wars with satan. I'm not sure that the Church brings forth anything but rather it was brought forth as a vessel for Jesus to operate in and a stronghold against satan. ie. The Church is the culmination of all the bringing forths maybe :D

Back