Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study WELCOME TO AN IN DEPTH STUDY OF MATTHEW'S GOSPEL.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Before we get too far on down the line....... Does anyone know a site that would publish a "family tree" chart of this genealogy? Not the "linear" type of chart, but the staggered, graphic "tree" type.

Before we get too far on down the line....... Does anyone know a site that would publish a "family tree" chart of this genealogy? Not the "linear" type of chart, but the staggered, graphic "tree" type.

I saw one once, I think it was in a Thompson Study Bible. I gave mine away to a new convert, so I can't be sure.

Day 2 Monday 9/15/14 Matthew 1:18 The Conception Of The Savior.

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

It is my opinion that the conception of Baby Jesus by the Holy Spirit of God Almighty in Mary is the greatest miracle of God to mankind. "Mary was found to be with Child from the Holy Spirit."

From a human standpoint, this is impossible! The parents of Joseph and Mary were in a very difficult position with their friends and relatives. The betrothal (engagement) of one of their children was a great big deal! It must have troubled those two families when they found out that Mary "was with Child" before they were officially married. For Mary, this was a death sentence.

Dr. M.R. DeHaan wrote a marvelous book titled "The Chemistry Of The Blood" written in 1943. This book would be a great addition to anyone's library. He writes, "It is now definitely known that the blood which flows in an unborn babe's arteries and veins is not derived from the mother but is produced within the body of the fetus. Yet is only after the sperm has entered the ovum and a fetus begins to develop that blood appears."

He further writes "From the time of conception to the time of birth of the infant not one single drop of blood passes from mother to child. All the blood which is in that child is produced within the child itself. The mother contributes no blood at all."

Why do I stress this fact so much? Because the Blood in Jesus' veins came from His Father! This was no ordinary Baby! Jesus' Blood had it's origin from God the Father to His Son by the great miracle of the Holy Spirit placing it in Mary. Wonder of wonders! Praise the Name of YHWH forever and ever!

Day 2 Monday 9/15/14 Matthew 1:18 The Conception Of The Savior.

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

It is my opinion that the conception of Baby Jesus by the Holy Spirit of God Almighty in Mary is the greatest miracle of God to mankind. "Mary was found to be with Child from the Holy Spirit."

From a human standpoint, this is impossible! The parents of Joseph and Mary were in a very difficult position with their friends and relatives. The betrothal (engagement) of one of their children was a great big deal! It must have troubled those two families when they found out that Mary "was with Child" before they were officially married. For Mary, this was a death sentence.

Dr. M.R. DeHaan wrote a marvelous book titled "The Chemistry Of The Blood" written in 1943. This book would be a great addition to anyone's library. He writes, "It is now definitely known that the blood which flows in an unborn babe's arteries and veins is not derived from the mother but is produced within the body of the fetus. Yet is only after the sperm has entered the ovum and a fetus begins to develop that blood appears."

He further writes "From the time of conception to the time of birth of the infant not one single drop of blood passes from mother to child. All the blood which is in that child is produced within the child itself. The mother contributes no blood at all."

Why do I stress this fact so much? Because the Blood in Jesus' veins came from His Father! This was no ordinary Baby! Jesus' Blood had it's origin from God the Father to His Son by the great miracle of the Holy Spirit placing it in Mary. Wonder of wonders! Praise the Name of YHWH forever and ever!

I'm confused by what you mean. As you pointed out a baby makes their own blood. So Jesus' blood was His own blood, not His mother's or His Father's. A spirit (the Father) is not flesh and blood. Jesus was flesh and blood.

I'm confused by what you mean. As you pointed out a baby makes their own blood. So Jesus' blood was His own blood, not His mother's or His Father's. A spirit (the Father) is not flesh and blood. Jesus was flesh and blood.
You're keyed on what is important here, Deb. As righteous as Mary might have been, as Chopper pointed out, she was a sinner born in sin and born into sin. Yet, she carried a miracle in that body of sin that was to be an was, indeed, pure.

It is my understanding that Mary and Joseph lived in a town trafficked by Tradesmen, Soldiers and other unsavoury (less than righteous) men and I believe the case has been well made by many for Mary to have been in her early teens, the time for the raging harmones. Later in Jesus' life this truth is used of the Sanhedrin to call his birth right into question.

Chopper is pointing out the scientific truth and it is one that ties directly into the Christian's faith. Had the blood that flowed through the veins of Jesus come from Mary, a case for his origin being less than Holy might be made from the science the World stands on. But with the blood of every human being original the case can be made for the blood (and the life is in the blood) of Jesus being pure and Holy. This will never help with a person that has determined to reject Jesus but for those of us that have placed our faith, our very lives, in Jesus, it should strengthen our resolve, even in the present, clear, threat of death from the heathens threatening us.

That's OK Deb, Many people have probably the same question. In paternal rights of a child, the proof of who's the father is, is in the blood of the child. The blood in every child comes from the father. In the case of Jesus, His blood came from His Father Who is God. Another great question is, where did God get the Blood for the Holy Spirit to implant in Mary? I don't know that anyone could accurately answer that. His ways are so higher than our ways that we accept the fact of Godly Blood by faith. Yes, God is Spirit. The only thing I can say is, With God, nothing is impossible. The same question could be asked of Adam, where did his blood come from. God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life" and I understand that life is in the blood. Somehow, God transfers Heavenly Blood.

You're keyed on what is important here, Deb. As righteous as Mary might have been, as Chopper pointed out, she was a sinner born in sin and born into sin. Yet, she carried a miracle in that body of sin that was to be an was, indeed, pure.

It is my understanding that Mary and Joseph lived in a town trafficked by Tradesmen, Soldiers and other unsavoury (less than righteous) men and I believe the case has been well made by many for Mary to have been in her early teens, the time for the raging harmones. Later in Jesus' life this truth is used of the Sanhedrin to call his birth right into question.

Chopper is pointing out the scientific truth and it is one that ties directly into the Christian's faith. Had the blood that flowed through the veins of Jesus come from Mary, a case for his origin being less than Holy might be made from the science the World stands on. But with the blood of every human being original the case can be made for the blood (and the life is in the blood) of Jesus being pure and Holy. This will never help with a person that has determined to reject Jesus but for those of us that have placed our faith, our very lives, in Jesus, it should strengthen our resolve, even in the present, clear, threat of death from the heathens threatening us.

Hey Bill, I hope you are doing well today. Jesus love you. I know you know that but I said it anyway.

I understand why Chopper pointed out the science and why, and it's very important. I think it's also important to understand that His blood was not the Father's blood. I think that it can be confusing to some believers if they think the Father gave His blood to Jesus. Jesus was a flesh and blood man, not a man with blood from a spirit. The Father gave life to that egg that Mary carried.
The sin nature is passed from the father to his children, beginning with Adam. So Jesus does not have a sin nature, a nature that desires to sin. So therefore, He can not sin, He is God who come in the flesh.
I think sometimes we can have trouble understanding the Jesus was tempted just as we are, He was a flesh and blood man.
So not only could He be an innocent sacrifice for mankind but also so we could know that He does understand our temptations. But it also qualified this man Jesus to tell us that we can do this, because He will help us, by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
If you see anything you don't agree with, please point out or add to. :)

Hey Bill, I hope you are doing well today. Jesus love you. I know you know that but I said it anyway.

I understand why Chopper pointed out the science and why, and it's very important. I think it's also important to understand that His blood was not the Father's blood. I think that it can be confusing to some believers if they think the Father gave His blood to Jesus. Jesus was a flesh and blood man, not a man with blood from a spirit. The Father gave life to that egg that Mary carried.

My Pastor was just here collaborating on some DVD projects we are working up and he and I went a different direction here. When God fashioned Adam, created him, God breathed life into Adam. Now remember, we are instructed not to eat nor to drink the blood because the life is in the blood. Also, God's ways are not our ways. Where, if not for the Father, did Adam's blood come from and this gets really tricky here because, as per John 1:1-3 Jesus is the God of the Hebrew Scriptures, the first Bible.

And I believe you have correctly said that the Father, a.k.a. the God of Creation/Jesus, gave life to the egg just as I , through sperm implantation, gave life to my son and because I am O+, he is O+. God is unlimited in power and I think I'm going to stand on God, the Spirit, giving Jesus the blood/life that flowed and ¿flows? through His veins.

my dad and I are both a positive , I cant donate blood or none of us to my mom as she is ab negative and with us all she had the rh factor problem.

Chopper and th1b.taylor

I'm going to drop this because it would just go further off topic. I'll just let you guys do your own research.
Bill, blood types http://www.pregnancy.org/article/babys-blood-type
Chopper, a child produces their own blood, just like your post says.
http://www.ehd.org/dev_article_unit1.php

Ok, just a reminder that the source of a baby's blood has it's origin from the father. Therefore Christ's blood came from the embryo placed in Mary by the Holy Spirit. A baby can't be born without a fathers sperm. That sperm was not human sperm, it was God's.

Ok, just a reminder that the source of a baby's blood has it's origin from the father. Therefore Christ's blood came from the embryo placed in Mary by the Holy Spirit. A baby can't be born without a fathers sperm. That sperm was not human sperm, it was God's.
my brother and sister don't have a positive blood. john has o and my sister I cant recall. and the youngest is o as well.

We are continuing our daily Bible studies with the Gospel of Matthew. We have just completed the Book of Genesis. jasonc, suggested that we study Matthew and then go back into the Old Testament for a study in Exodus. Reba and I would love to have any member of CF.net join us in this in depth study with your comments, questions and just good fellowship. For those who are returning for this study, we will welcome all who decide to study with us. So come for a slow study, no hurry to rush thru this fantastic Gospel.
Hello! Glad to be apart of it. Hope I can keep up :tongue

Hello! Glad to be apart of it. Hope I can keep up :tongue

Hi there our wonderful Angel. Welcome to our study. Don't worry about keeping up because in a in-depth study, we go very slow so we can comment and study on biblical facts that we would ordinary skip over. Our learned jasonc, TOG and others like Bill will give us a lot of Hebrew facts as well as information which deals with each text. So, Reba and I want you to feel right at home. :hug

Back