Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What About Those In Non-Christian Lands Who Have Never Heard The Gospel?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi wondering

I honestly don't remember writing these words:

Why would I write: here is where you change and state...

I don't think I made any claim that you had changed. So again, I would ask that rather copy and pasting, it is better to use the quote function which allows one to use the little arrow that takes them back to the actual post in which the thing was said. Do you remember what I was claiming when I said that "here is where you change"? I just honestly don't recall writing those words.

And I really have to apologize if I wrote in a manner that would cause you to believe that I think their never having heard of Jesus as an excuse. My claim is that their never having heard of Jesus will condemn them. I think you've got me mixed up with the other side of this discussion.

God bless,
Ted
YOU wrote the dark highlighted words.
I wrote the light black words in between,
It was what I was commenting.

You just didn't notice what I was doing.

YOU wrote the dark highlighted words.
I wrote the light black words in between,
It was what I was commenting.

You just didn't notice what I was doing.
Hi wondering

Look, you do your own set of rules for 'quoting' people's words. If you're going to do it your way I would respectfully ask that you at least mention the post # that you're copying from, but hey... you do you. It really is a pretty well thought out program what they've done here with quoting features that make it easier for everyone to understand and we all use the same rules, but again, hey... you do you.

Anyway, somewhere back in there was a question you asked of me about my post, did I answer it?

God bless,
Ted

Some consider bold dark letters to be equal to being screamed at. Me I just see the rudeness, but try to just move on. I learned the hard way.

I may violate internet rules and not know it. We all are prone to error.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Hi wondering

Look, you do your own set of rules for 'quoting' people's words. If you're going to do it your way I would respectfully ask that you at least mention the post # that you're copying from, but hey... you do you. It really is a pretty well thought out program what they've done here with quoting features that make it easier for everyone to understand and we all use the same rules, but again, hey... you do you
Anyway, somewhere back in there was a question you asked of me about my post, did I answer it?

God bless,
Ted
I don't remember and it doesn't matter.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to continue quoting persons the way I have been for the past 8 or 9 years and without any explanation.

If you prefer, I could just stop posting to you.
As it also seems you have a great distrust of me.
I tend not to speak to persons that don't trust me.
Yeah. Trust has to be earned.
Nuff said.

Some consider bold dark letters to be equal to being screamed at. Me I just see the rudeness, but try to just move on. I learned the hard way.

I may violate internet rules and not know it. We all are prone to error.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Dark letters, in typing - of which I AM a professional, only means that something is being HIGHLIGHTED.
This is done to bring importance to it.

Now, if it means something else, maybe the internet rules could be explained by miamited and yourself, since typing was in vogue WAY BEFORE the internet.

How about quoting the
Exact verses in Romans 2

Romans 2:14 kjv
14. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15. Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

The gentiles do not have th law of Moses, but they have the law contained in the law of Moses (written in their hearts).

The Jews received the law written in their hearts at Pentecost (?). The gentiles had the law written in their hearts at the gentile inclusion.

Acts 10:44 kjv
44. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

INHO we receive the conscience as a true understanding when we receive the Holy Spirit.
Thus Paul can talk about the body of death and the mind of Christ (at the same time). Paul had his eyes heals and received the Holy Spirit by the laying on of hands. Before that time his conscience did not condemn him.

The red bell is showing let me see if it is this subject.
Mississippi redneck
By your very own words by posting Romans 2:14....
you have stated that gentiles, and everyone, had the law of God cemented in their conscience before the bible was even written.

you have stated that gentiles, and everyone, had the law of God cemented in their conscience before the bible was even written.
The law was placed in Jewish hearts and minds at Pentecost. Men do not have a natural conscience before the law.

Reread my post 60 I tell when IMHO the gentiles got the law written in their hearts and minds. Not just a natural thing?, but a supernatural thing at the gentile inclusion.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

There were symbolic indicators people could see from creation. For instance the genetic DNA is a story of life and how a plant will grow mature make new seed.
But, unless you have the Holy Spirit that knowledge zooms past without without understanding.

The disciples did not understand why Jesus taught with parables. They asked and Jesus told them ( seeing they see not and hearing they hear not lest I must heal them). Jesus was presenting hidden knowledge at creation. Now we know how to ask God for revelation, and any one who seeks finds.

Creation has many hidden things. I (think) I know a few, but it is but a glimpse of what can be known.

The hidden things of the law were placed in Jews at Pentecost. The heart can know its desperate condition. The mind can serve God.

The prophets foretold this coming blessing.
Non Christian’s see the symbols, if they ask they will receive (if not to spend on their on passion). Ego is terrible. Ask eddif.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

There were symbolic indicators people could see from creation. For instance the genetic DNA is a story of life and how a plant will grow mature make new seed.
But, unless you have the Holy Spirit that knowledge zooms past without without understanding.

The disciples did not understand why Jesus taught with parables. They asked and Jesus told them ( seeing they see not and hearing they hear not lest I must heal them). Jesus was presenting hidden knowledge at creation. Now we know how to ask God for revelation, and any one who seeks finds.

Creation has many hidden things. I (think) I know a few, but it is but a glimpse of what can be known.

The hidden things of the law were placed in Jews at Pentecost. The heart can know its desperate condition. The mind can serve God.

The prophets foretold this coming blessing.
Non Christian’s see the symbols, if they ask they will receive (if not to spend on their on passion). Ego is terrible. Ask eddif.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
The Apostles knew why Jesus used parables.
He had no hidden knowledge to share with them that we don't know.
It's the gnostics that believe they are saved by hidden knowledge.
We all had plenty of ego before salvation, and some of us still retain it I would suppose.
Anyway, this has nothing to do with the OP.

Hi wondering

Right. Bolding generally means that something is important, not that something is a quote.

God bless,
Ted
You just don't converse with me enough Ted.
I use bold for everything that is NOT written by me.
Including what others write and including verses.

In post No. 43 I was quoting what YOU wrote in post 20.
Look at it again and you'll see that it makes a lot of sense.

The Apostles knew why Jesus used parables.
He had no hidden knowledge to share with them that we don't know.
It's the gnostics that believe they are saved by hidden knowledge.
We all had plenty of ego before salvation, and some of us still retain it I would suppose.
Anyway, this has nothing to do with the OP.

What About Those In Non-Christian Lands Who Have Never Heard The Gospel?​

Seeing thy see not and hearing they hear not does come to light in the discussion IMHO.

Matthew 13:10 kjv
10. And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11. He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15. For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with theirheart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

The multitudes were a mixed audience. They got the parables without explanation.

The disciples asked and they got the answer.

The disciples were apostles after Pentecost (?).

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Seeing thy see not and hearing they hear not does come to light in the discussion IMHO.

10. And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11. He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15. For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with theirheart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

The multitudes were a mixed audience. They got the parables without explanation.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
On the day of Pentecost, the only ones that understood the message of the Holy Spirit were the disciples. The message was the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Acts 2:11. When they heard and believed the Gospel, they became apostles. There is a big difference between a disciple and an apostle. They were now armed with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was the preaching of the Gospel that gave birth to the New Testament church. For the very first time they went everywhere preaching Jesus. Must have been quite a scene. 8,000 Jews were converted to Christ, Acts 2:41 and Acts 4:4.

On the day of Pentecost, the only ones that understood the message of the Holy Spirit were the disciples. The message was the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Acts 2:11. When they heard and believed the Gospel, they became apostles. There is a big difference between a disciple and an apostle. They were now armed with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was the preaching of the Gospel that gave birth to the New Testament church. For the very first time they went everywhere preaching Jesus. Must have been quite a scene. 8,000 Jews were converted to Christ, Acts 2:41 and Acts 4:4.
We are saying the same thing about apostles. I was saying the disciples got the power to become apostles at Pentecost.

The post you linked me to was about the original post. The disciples and parables. The non Christian’s that only had parable like information from creation, and were getting information but did not understand what was presented to them. Hearing they heard not).

The parable in question was the parable of the sower. The public/multitude got a story about planting physical seed and plant growth.

The spiritual message to the disciples was:
The seed are the word of God
The ground is Men’s hearts.

A stony heart can not grow a good crop of the Word of God. It tries but fails long term.

When the law is placed in men’s hearts it causes a heart of flesh to replace the stony heart. This new heart will grow a good crop of the Word of God.

The seed has DNA that is like the Bible. A story of spiritual growth instructions.

Men without the Holy Spirit hear about seed and do not get the parallel to Gods Word. Such is the whole foreign lands that never heard the Gospel. If they saw seed planted and grow, they actually heard the Gospel. A parable is a story that has a very spiritual story hidden in it.

On the day of Pentecost the righteous men from the nations heard the Gospel in their own foreign language. The righteous men from the nations were descendants of the Ezekiel dispersion. 400 years before theit forefathers were grieved over the sins of Israel, and were sent away from Jerusalem as the sinners were slaughtered.

eddif

It is also reasonable to conclude that the thief on the cross
had little or no doctrinal content about the plan of salvation.
He had a general change of mind while he was on the cross
when he asked Jesus to remember him when he came into
His kingdom.

This thief had at first joined in with the other criminal on the cross
in speaking bad about the Lord Jesus Mark 15:12 and Matthew 27:44 --

- but later changed his mind.

It is impossible for us to know what the "good thief" knew about Jesus.
All we can do is speculate and say it does not seem like he had any
doctrinal content about salvation.

Best

JAG

[]
Agreed.
No theological knowledge is necessary in order to believe in God.
Only that He is God almighty, the creator of the universe, and that the person wishes to know Him and serve Him.
Even before the bible men had a knowledge of a superior being and knew about His laws (natural law).
This is show in Romans 2:14...

Apostles were the original 12 incl Mathias and Paul is an honorary Apostle.

A disciple is anyone that wishes to follow the teachings of Jesus, that would include you and me.

There is no other definition of Apostle or Disciple.
The designation Apostle was to distinguish those that spent the 3 plus years with Jesus from those that followed Him either before or after His death.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
I'm not here to teach anybody anything.
But you may want to do a study on your own of WHY Jesus spoke in parables.
There are a few reasons.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back