Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What Are You Cooking ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Never really met a fish I didn't like. Same with shellfish, with the exception of oysters and mussels. Never really liked either of them. But my dad used to go fishing a lot, both fresh and salt water. So I had a lot of different kind of fish growing up and liked them all. Of course, it helped too that my mom was a pretty dern good cook!

I used to hate mussels. Wouldn't eat them. Then I came across a guy who could actually cook them right (my ex-wifes dad) and i told him no, they're no good I don't want any. And he said try one Eddie I cook them good...and I ended up eating about 30 of them! :) They were great. I don't know how he cooked them but the sure were good.

Sadly, being a guy living alone out at the end of a long dock with an aversion to dish washing, most of my meals are eaten directly out of the frying pan.

I used to hate mussels. Wouldn't eat them. Then I came across a guy who could actually cook them right (my ex-wifes dad) and i told him no, they're no good I don't want any. And he said try one Eddie I cook them good...and I ended up eating about 30 of them! :) They were great. I don't know how he cooked them but the sure were good.
I only had them once, and wasn't impressed. Probably a lot depends on how their fixed. It's too bad, because if I liked them, there's tons of them living on the dock and the pilings right outside my window!

Obadiah do fish swim around your boat ? You could drop a line out the window:thumbsup

Last edited:
I'm going to eat a dead bird tonight.

272762_f520.jpg

The TOG​

I'm going to eat a dead bird tonight.

272762_f520.jpg

The TOG​
OOOOooohhhhhh, one of my favorites. My dad taught me how to BBQ it without burning it on the outside or leaving it raw in the middle. Looks like you know how to do it right too!

I agree. Why would you need anything else with that!

OOOOooohhhhhh, one of my favorites. My dad taught me how to BBQ it without burning it on the outside or leaving it raw in the middle. Looks like you know how to do it right too!

I agree. Why would you need anything else with that!

I'm afraid I didn't do that. That was a picture I found on the Internet of what it might look like. It wasn't exactly BBQ'd. I bought a couple of bags of taste at the store and used it to coat the dead bird, then I put it in the oven. Only I didn't have it in the bag, like you're supposed to, but in an oven proof tray.

images

Who could have imagined 20 years ago that you would one day be able to buy a packet of taste at the store? Isn't progress amazing?

The TOG​

Keeping it real simple tonight, barbecued chicken in the oven, green peas and brown rice and ginger ale soda.

just joking with the video I put up. did not mean anything by it.
Of course you were! It gave me the best laugh of the day between his heavy Russian accent, and that egg shooting right past his hands and onto the floor (which I pictured in my head as probably being filthy, since he struck me as a bachelor!)

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back