Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

What are your favorite apps?

Mike

Whether it's for an iPad, iPhone, Droid or something else, what are your "must have" apps?

I have a Droid, and I love it.

Some of my functional faves:
Opera Mini - for the internet
AutomateIt - must, must have. Automatically turns sound on or off at a time of the day or when you come or go from a certain location, and a whole lot of other things!
App 2 SD Free - send everything to the storage card and off the device
Detroit Lions Theme (of course)
ES File Explorer - manager files
Flashlight - I use it more than I ever thought I would! I always know where my phone is, and I never know where a flashlight is. :)
GO Keyboard - speak it, and it rights it!

And just for fun!
Shazam - How cool is this??!!! Detects the song that's playing, scrolls the lyrics, links to the youtube video, tells where that band is touring... !!!
You Version Bible
Speedx 3D
Pandora

Ceramic Destroyer
Blast Monkeys
AppBrain App Market

It never ceases to amaze me what app creators can enable your phone to do!

Share your favorite apps!!

what really amaze me lately and my most favorite is the one you've mentioned
GO Keyboard - speak it, and it rights it!
ever since my handset is nokia , so when they have come up lately with this new windows phone Nokia Lumnia 800 , it has that application and i love it ...:)

Mike made me edit this post. Who is more courteous now? Mike, give us your printscreen images

I didn't show all my applications - so numerous

CallManager256-66x66.JPG
0.43MB
Irritated with unwanted calls again and again? Better to have'CallManager'which auto reject calls from selected numbers. Inside app you can define multiple lists which can be either'Red'or'Green'. Inside'Red List'simply add numbers from which you don't want to receive any calls and inside'Green List'add those numbers only from which you wish to receive calls. You can define different reply messages for every individual number inside a list after rejecting a call.

images
0.09MB
Freeware application that allows you to capture screenshots on your smartphone and save them to a file or send them to friends or to your desktop computer

a-46x46_.png
0.52MB
X-plore is a file manager for mobile devices, with a wide range of functions on the phone's file system. This software is shareware, with a friendly price and a relaxed registration option.

CallRecorder256-66x66.JPG
0.35MB
Most advanced call recording app which records all your phone calls. There is absolutely no limit on how much you can record, because its all depend upon free available memory inside your phone. You can set your private email id inside app and recorded clip gets emailed to you. It also works as Dictaphone to record any conversation or ongoing FM song inside your phone. Disclaimer: Installation in F: drive does not work.

images
3.91MB
With all the benefits of Skype on your phone you can save money and stay in touch when you're on the move.•Make free Skype-to-Skype calls and IM on 3G or WiFi.•Save money on calls and texts (SMS) to phones abroad.•Share pictures, videos and other files from your phone. It's free to use Skype in a WiFi zone. If you use Skype with a mobile data connection, operator charges may apply, so we recommend an unlimited data plan. Large File, use WiFi to Download

images
1.09MB
The Opera Mini browser is a turbo-charged web browser for mobile devices. The Opera Mini browser uses Opera's servers to compress Web pages so they load faster. You also save money on data charges since Opera Mini uses a fraction of the data of other browsers. Opera Mini has a new interface that gives your device a sleek, modern appearance. You can also share web content from Opera Mini on social networks. Opera Mini is the ultimate browser.

Multiscanner (see post #3, last image)
This application is pre-installed and can be found in the office folder. Using the Multiscanner you can scan a text or business cards which your phone will analyze and save it in another form of text.
After scanning a business card it will take all the relevant information and will create a new contact. Thus you don’t need to create a new contact manually but just scan the business card. Especially after conferences where you usually get tons of business cards this application may help you out. No doubt, this will speed up the whole procedure after as conference.

LockOnMessaging_256x256-66x66.JPG
0.17MB
Are you worried about your private messages being seen by others? Have a'LockOnMessaging'installed in your phone to lock all your messages like inbox, outbox, sent and draft items along with emails. Once locked these messages can be viewed only by entering correct password. It also comes with auto lock feature by which phone's main screen gets locked automatically if you don't use your phone for user defined time.

images
1.35MB
Latest and most stable version! Free mobile browser,fast and traffic effective! Up to 90% traffic cost can be compressed and saved, WAP/WEB browsing supported, bookmarks and My Shortcuts embedded, powerful download management, Address auto-completed... 7.8 new features: 1. High Speed Browsing;2.Optimized User Experience;3.Easily open&Exit;4.Intelligent Bookmark Manager Please visit: http://ucweb.com Support: ovs.support@ucweb.com Forum: http://forum.ucweb.com

Net-Qin-Antivirus-4-66x66.0-.jpg
0.87MB Download NetQin Mobile Antivirus to get protected from viruses, malware, spyware&Trojans.

FoneDetective256-66x66.JPG
0.18MB
Want to know what others does with your cell phone in your absence? Then the solution is to simply have'FoneDetective'running inside your phone. It captures all user actions, frame by frame along with the exact time details. Later you simply need to play recorded events and it will start sideshow of all recorded frames in timely manner.

call_detective-66x66.png
0.24MB
Award winning app makes your phone smarter and your life easier. Get the name of who is calling you, even if they are not in your contacts; alternative businesses when you cannot reach a merchant; reverse number search facility; call blocker; contact synchronization, and Facebook ID to see your Facebook friends’photo/status as they call. In cooperation with Yellowbook, Yellowpages.ca&international directories.

images
0.26MB
Facebook Chat - Chat with your Facebook Friends on your Mobile !

images
3.15MB
WhatsApp Messenger is a smartphone messenger available for Nokia, iPhone, Blackberry, and Android phones. WhatsApp uses your 3G or WiFi (when available) to message with friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages at no cost. Free for the first year! If you have problems downloading from Ovi Store, please download from our website: http://www.whatsapp.com/nokia/

icon-app-free-256-66x66.png
1.86MB
Nimbuzz is free calls and messaging for the connected generation. Everything you need to communicate for free. You can import popular networks (Yahoo! Messenger, MSN Messenger, GoogleTalk, Facebook, AIM, MySpace, Hyves) and SIP (VoIP) accounts. NEW IN THIS VERSION: * Message Delivery Notifications * Favorites Tab * # shortcut * Auto-start

joikuspotPremium_256-66x66.png
0.43MB
NEW JOIKUSPOT PREMIUM 3.2 EDITION SHIPS NOW. JoikuSpot Premium turns your phone into a secured WiFi hotspot. Premium edition brings you internet security and full internet and intranet (VPN) protocol. Connect multiple WiFi devices (laptops, tablets) to internet by using your phone as a 3G WiFi hotspot. Join the 3 Million Users that are already JoikuSpotting!

Icon_2000x2000-46x46.png
0.31MB
Limited time sale - only 1. NEW in v1.18.1 - home screen widget with quick mode switching. Used by over 3 million people, Battery Extender extends standby time of your phone by up to 30% by automatically tweaking the settings of your phone as the battery level reduces.

mzi_iscoszoy-66x66.png
0.66MB
- 10 Sticky Notes Available - Never lose a note again - Password Protected Access -Share/Sync notes with your Windows/Mac computer, your browser and other phones Disclaimer: Some Widget applications may not work on early device software versions (firmware) on some devices. To ensure this Widget application functions properly, it is recommended that your device is updated with the latest device software by using Nokia Software Updater."

icon256-66x66.png
0.01MB
Get the List of Free Photo Editors, Images Editors Online, Best photo editor for creating funny photo from mobile. It also provides you the list of best free photo storage services so that you can store all mobile photo online and you can share your photo and media files with friends and family.

AppIcon256_256-66x66.png
1.16MB
Enjoy your favourite YouTube videos on Nokia ! With XENOZU FREE YouTube player for Nokia Symbian S60 you can stay in touch with your favourites videos while on the go ! Videos are categorized by Featured, Most Viewed, Most Recent, Top Rated, plus you can search for the videos of your choice. You can also bookmark a video, view the history of the videos you ve watched and get additional video details. NOTE: you need to set RealPlayer settings correctly on your device as per instructions.

Qik_Blue_256x256-66x66.png
0.62MB
Qik lets you record, share high quality videos with your friends, family and the world - right from your phone. - Share what you see as it happens right to the mobile phone of your friends - Instantly post to Facebook, YouTube, Twitter&other social networks - Exchange video messages privately with your family via Email, SMS - Show where you are by sharing your location with the video - All your videos are automatically saved on qik.com for you to playback from your computer or phone

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Nokia!!! Nokia is like FC Barcelona!!! (I didn't show my hidden apps - otherwise Nokia would sue me....lol. Try OVI STORE! Try Nokia:):):))

Try and goodle the names and see the wonder of those apps.

[size="+3"]And Never 'reply with my quotes' - don't steal my printscreen imgs)[/size]:bigfrown

No need writing what the
y do. Google the app names to know what they do. It will take me ages to do that. I just listed some of them

Oh, so make us do all the work? :gah

Of the two of us, I think I'm the more courteous one. ;)

CN, try appbrain.com. You can search for them, and they'll tell you which ones have the most downloads and highest ratings. :thumbsup

Mike

I'm not sure this would be considered an app since it's for a computer. I went to Freeze.com and downloaded a really neat screensaver called 3D Snowy Cottage. It's beautiful to me and I turn it on just to watch and relax. The snow builds up over about 20 minutes time. And there's sound if one wishes it. If anyone wants to do this, be careful to say no to all the other apps it wants you to download with the screensaver. To me it's well worth the hassle just to get this screensaver on my machine. And there are others if watching snow isn't one's thing.

FC

What is the advantage of this?

Does putting stuff on a SD card make it faster or give you more room?

What is the advantage of this?

Does putting stuff on a SD card make it faster or give you more room?

Does both!!!!
Why carrying a ton of water on your head when you already are in a ship? You will get yourself killed - use the ship.

Does both!!!!
Why carrying a ton of water on your head when you already are in a ship? You will get yourself killed - use the ship.

:lol

Well I didn't know. I just recently got a smart phone for the first time and am starting to learn about all this stuff.

:lol

Well I didn't know. I just recently got a smart phone for the first time and am starting to learn about all this stuff.

The phone's memory should be about 25 percent free.

Mine is 25 percent free and I have about 70MB space. My SD card is has alot of space too.

My sister overloaded her phone. The phone slept; she spent ages trying to switch it on, but the device quickly dimmed and automatically switched off each time. I had to hard-on it and move all her pics to the SD card. Her phone rose from the dead.

I will advise you to install an antivirus, too.

Classik, your phone has 40MB of memory?? Did you mean 400, because mine has 450MB, and I think that's woefully low. I have a 16GB SD card.

Blev, if you don't have a card in your phone, you'll soon find yourself running out of space. Like Classic said, when you get it too full, it will begin to have problems. With all the free downloads available, it's easy to rack up memory users. And even when you delete unused apps, it doesn't give you back all the memory it was using. It's a constant battle with me to keep my phone's memory in check. Some apps don't have the capability to be moved to the card.

Mine is 25 percent free and I have about 70MB space. My SD card is has alot of space too.
About 70MB used - I mean to say

It's approximately 260MB. Other memories (other than that of the SD card) are pertitioned and are quite different.

There's another phone that has 32GB phone memory? Cool! I don't take risks!

Back