Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Do Christians REALLY think?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
destiny said:
SputnikBoy said:
Sometimes we allow out emotions to rule our brain. Sorry, but the above might be an example of this. I have not seen ONE post on this thread from the anti/anti-homosexual (?) camp, destiny, that have given 'hate-filled words towards Christians'. You've made that up simply to try to make those who may disagree with you look bad.

It seems you are judging me according to what you do.

About the 'hell' part of your post, destiny ...where, in your opinion, IS a homosexual bound if not to hell? THEN tell me that it's a lie that Christians are not threatening some fellow human beings with hell.

I know that all sinners (including myself) have to repent and follow Jesus in order to partake of eternal life.
I believe a person who puts down attractions for the same sex in order to live for Jesus is still saved.
I believe the whole gospel should be preached/taught to all unbelievers in the right way, including the consequences of dying without Jesus.
Well said destiny.

destiny said:
SputnikBoy said:
Sometimes we allow out emotions to rule our brain. Sorry, but the above might be an example of this. I have not seen ONE post on this thread from the anti/anti-homosexual (?) camp, destiny, that have given 'hate-filled words towards Christians'. You've made that up simply to try to make those who may disagree with you look bad.

destiny said:

I honestly don't see that. But if I am then please forgive me.

destiny said:
SputnikBoy said:
About the 'hell' part of your post, destiny ...where, in your opinion, IS a homosexual bound if not to hell? THEN tell me that it's a lie that Christians are not threatening some fellow human beings with hell.

I know that all sinners (including myself) have to repent and follow Jesus in order to partake of eternal life.

Yes, this is what the Bible says. But what - exactly - is a homosexually-oriented person repenting of?

destiny said:
I believe a person who puts down attractions for the same sex in order to live for Jesus is still saved.

Are you taking notes, Lewis?

Do you, destiny, believe that a homosexual should therefore deny any sexual feelings they may have and remain celibate? Or should they take a partner of the opposite gender simply to appease God and - PARTICULARLY - other Christians ...even though such a relationship would not be an honest one? Tricky, isn't it?

destiny said:
I believe the whole gospel should be preached/taught to all unbelievers in the right way, including the consequences of dying without Jesus.

Okay. I won't press you on the question I asked but that you DIDN'T actually answer. Ever thought of entering politics? :wink:

Lewis W said:
destiny said:
SputnikBoy said:

Well said destiny.

Well, not TOO 'well said' since you evidently don't agree with destiny's quote: I believe a person who puts down attractions for the same sex (an orientation) in order to live for Jesus IS STILL SAVED. In other words that refers to someone who has the 'gay orientation' but doesn't act on it. You don't believe that according to your previous comments. You believe that the orientation in and of itself is enough to be condemned.

You need to come to grips with your own beliefs, Lewis, before you start slapping others on the back.

By the way, Nocturnal, I WILL get to responding to the link you supplied a couple of pages back. I DID read it then and DO have some things to say about it. Thanks.

SputnikBoy said:
Paul says this, Paul says that. Frankly I don't care, ginger. Paul was a sinner like me and ...um, you.

I have noticed that. This is a big problem as Christian. All those apostles and disciples in the NT got direct instruction fom Jesus. When you rufuse to listen to them you are resisting Jesus!
[quote:biggrin9f0a]
Quite frankly, I find the brand of 'Christianity' that I've encountered from some on this thread NOT the kind that I'd be biting at the bit to emulate.
Noone on this thread is behaving as bad as you, dear. They are only point out how you are ignoring what the bible says.

NO ONE here is promoting ANYTHING,
You are promoting sin. homosexuality is sin according to the Bible.

I in no way, shape, or form have to justify my Christianity to you.
No, you don't have to answer to anything. I just wanted you examine youself. from your posts I don't see much of your serious servanthood. You don't notice how you are comdemning Christians who are trying to be obedient.
They were trying to back Jesus into a corner. Whatever response Jesus gave would be the wrong one in their minds. But, we all know how Jesus diffused THAT situation, don't we?
Are you saying you are just like Jesus? wow
So, I would suggest to you and destiny, among others, that you concentrate on YOURSELVES and your own sins and stop trying to measure the 'Christianity' of others by using yourselves as a yardstick.
[/quote:biggrin9f0a]
No, Rod, I will not keep my mouth shut when one is promoting sin and disgracing Jesus name and contributing to the hypocricy. We have way too many of it.

If you don't like following Bible's teachings why do you even call youself Christian?

You're probably right, ginger. Based on the pretty well unanimous sentiments of other Christians on this board I don't even come close to being a Christian. You should therefore not be so harsh with me and love and accept me anyway. Perhaps I know not what I do. Or maybe I think too much instead of opting for the easier alternative.

The BIG problem I have is that I don't believe for one second that the 'anti-gay' sentiments of many on this board actually start with the scriptures. I believe that they (the sentiments) start within the heart of the individual and fester into ungodly bigotry. Throughout history we've seen examples of this. THEN and only then do the scriptures come into the picture to support that bigotry. Most of you know this to be true even though you may well deny it.

I HAVE accepted Jesus, ginger. I also like to think that I would accept a stinking, filthy sinner 'just as they are'. I'm not so sure I would. Jesus, not me, however, can clean them up. I just don't accept the popular brand of Christianity that 'loves the sinner by hating the sin(ner)'. I don't necessarily equate Jesus with mainstream Christianity and its teachings. The non-condemning Jesus of John 8:1-11 is the person I admire and want to emulate if I can. Each of us would squirm uncomfortably if we were to confront Jesus with a 'wretched' homosexual only to have Jesus bend down and write in the sand.

I repeat my belief so 'sue' me if you must, ginger. One's sexual orientation is not a sin. Those of either orientation, however, may well sin. We must NEVER forget that "there is none righteous, no not one (Romans 3:10)."

If you don't like that, ginger, then pray that I become the zealous religious bigot you would evidently have me be; that many others before have become who claim Christianity. I tell you what, I sometimes see more love, as such, displayed by non-Christians ...and that REALLY makes me wonder what on earth Christianity is all about. No wonder the atheists have so much ammunition with which to target the Christians.

Anyway, thanks for the discussion.

SputnikBoy, so far looking through all of the posts I haven't seen anyone on here bash or say anything against homosexuals. If so, they are wrong. But the ACT of homosexuality is indeed a sin. I think your "problem" comes in that you think that someone can naturally be born gay and you think it's wrong for that person to have to go to hell for it. If this can happen, just be glad that GOD is the judge and not us. By us I mean humans, GOD is a just and righteous judge, we are not. Maybe, maybe not. Just remember this. Hebrews 10:30 & 31

30For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

If you are looking for someone on here to tell you that it's ok for someone to be born gay to be gay because that is their "natural" way you're not going to get it. Even if someone will tell you that it's ok, aren't they putting themselves in the place of the ultimate judge. All that I can tell you is that the act of homosexuality is a sin. Now, is being attracted to the same sex "naturally" by being born that way and not acting on it send you to hell? I don't know and neither does anyone else on here. Can a person be naturally born gay? Maybe...maybe not. It is proven that sexual tendencies and ideas are learned by children by observation similar to that of speaking by children is learned by imitating those around them.

>Based on the pretty well unanimous sentiments of other Christians on this board

I dont base anything except the Bible, Rod.

>You should therefore not be so harsh with me and love and accept me anyway.

I dont believe anyone in this topic are harch ans unloving. You have unbiblcal understanding of "love" and "harshness" INHO.

>easier alternative.

I believe you are the one who are taking easier alternative.

>'anti-gay' sentiments of many on this board actually start with the scriptures.

Again, you have unbiblical view of homosexual issues.

>I believe that they (the sentiments) start within the heart of the individual

You are judging that we dont have loving heart.

>and fester into ungodly bigotry.

Again, you are judging us as having ungodly bigotry.

>Throughout history we've seen examples of this.

Throughout history, we have seen many, many examples of hypocrisy and ungodly practices and killing (BTW, you don't have any objestion to Christians joining the killing military)

>THEN and only then do the scriptures come into the picture to support
that bigotry.
>Most of you know this to be true even though you may well deny it.

We are not seeing the whole picture. We have bigotry and hypocrisy because we are disobedient to Jusus' teachings.

>I HAVE accepted Jesus, ginger.

Good rod, just respect ALL OF HIS TEACHINGS.

>I also like to think that I would accept a stinking, filthy sinner 'just as they are'.

We all are, but Jesus is expecting us to follow Him with all of our might and be a good witnesses for Him. Jesus tells us to make disciples of all nations, teach them TO OBEY EVERYTING HE HAS COMMANDED US.

>I just don't accept the popular brand of Christianity

You know what Rod, your homosexual mentality is becoming very popular and being acceped as godly in secular world already. You are being a representative of secular point of view. Where is your Christian spirit?

>that 'loves the sinner by hating the sin(ner)'.

Do you really love Jesus? He hates sin and hypocrisy. He uses very harsh words for hypocrites.

>I don't necessarily equate Jesus with mainstream Christianity and its teachings.

Do you notice I am being ostracized? I am not one of the main stream Christians? Most Christians are becoming just like you washing down Jesus' teachings. Most of the Christians are pick and choose type Christians. Some are more faithful than the others. Many of this board just happened to agree with me on this issue.

>The non-condemning Jesus of John 8:1-11 is the person I admire and want to emulate if I can.

It seems that you are picking this one just like most of the Christians because you have so many thing you are not following. do you know I will be judged very harshly because what I have been saying? Regardless of it I will keep on speaking up. I believe I have been truthful. Jesus is not saying never do it. Read more closely, please.

>Each of us would squirm uncomfortably if we were to confront Jesus with a 'wretched' homosexual only to have Jesus bend down and write in the sand.

Again read that part very closely. You are interpreting it conveniently.

>We must NEVER forget that "there is none righteous, no not one (Romans 3:10)."

We all know that my friend. Let's not use that as an excuse.

>If you don't like that, ginger, then pray that I become the zealous religious bigot you would evidently have me be;

Again you are judging me as a bigot. I disagree.

>I sometimes see more love, as such, displayed by non-Christians ...and that REALLY makes me wonder what on earth Christianity is all about.

Again, Christian community is not trying to be obedient to Jesus' teachings as a whole. that's why we cannot be as loving as Jesus wants us to be. You are one of them my friend.

>No wonder the atheists have so much ammunition with which to target the Christians.

I repeat, it is because of our hypocritical practices. They have plenty of witnesses to reject God and Jesus. We are committing a grave sin against God. Let's not contribut to this, Rod.

>Anyway, thanks for the discussion.

your welcome.

sincerely,

Jesus' servant, hitomi

destiny said:
Care to respond to what I posted with an actual argument, or are you just going to fellate scripture all the live long day?
You can't even accept testimonies that give credit and glory to God without adding your own hate filled words towards christians. Thats all it's about for some of you guys, or else you would give glory to God and rejoice for those who have found liberty. Instead you make up lies and say it's because christians threatened them with hell.
Your own words reveal alot.

Thank you for addressing my post. Kind of.

The point, and it's a pretty irrefutable one, is that testimonies are not infallible proof of anything. You can find testimonies in all faiths and all religions. People give testimony that Allah changed their lives, or that they're so much happier since they started adhering to Buddhism. What you're trying to assert, then, is that while all non-Christian testimonies are obviously false, all Christian testimonies are obviously true. The only reason to believe that all of these testimonies claiming that God healed them of their homosexuality is that you want to believe it. There's no conclusive evidence to support that their brain physiology really has been altered, you believe it because it supports what you want to believe.

Which is all fine, but it would help if you would admit it. Instead, you accuse me of hate because I recognize that people sometimes lie, even to themselves, because they desperately want to believe something and absolve themselves of sin. You really think it's that inconceivable that some people who are claiming to no longer hold any attraction to the same sex are just saying that because everyone around them kept saying they were going to fry in hellfire, or that they were bad Christians?

ArtGuy said:
destiny said:
Care to respond to what I posted with an actual argument, or are you just going to fellate scripture all the live long day?
You can't even accept testimonies that give credit and glory to God without adding your own hate filled words towards christians. Thats all it's about for some of you guys, or else you would give glory to God and rejoice for those who have found liberty. Instead you make up lies and say it's because christians threatened them with hell.

The point, and it's a pretty irrefutable one, is that testimonies are not infallible proof of anything. You can find testimonies in all faiths and all religions. People give testimony that Allah changed their lives, or that they're so much happier since they started adhering to Buddhism. What you're trying to assert, then, is that while all non-Christian testimonies are obviously false, all Christian testimonies are obviously true. The only reason to believe that all of these testimonies claiming that God healed them of their homosexuality is that you want to believe it. There's no conclusive evidence to support that their brain physiology really has been altered, you believe it because it supports what you want to believe.

Which is all fine, but it would help if you would admit it. Instead, you accuse me of hate because I recognize that people sometimes lie, even to themselves, because they desperately want to believe something and absolve themselves of sin. You really think it's that inconceivable that some people who are claiming to no longer hold any attraction to the same sex are just saying that because everyone around them kept saying they were going to fry in hellfire, or that they were bad Christians?
I just know how Big my God is.

destiny said:
ArtGuy said:
destiny said:

I just know how Big my God is.

While I agree with you that God IS a big God, your response to Artguy's thoughtful post was nothing less than rhetoric. By agreeing with what he posted - which I do, wholeheartedly - this does NOT mean that God is somehow viewed by either one of us as a lesser God. Artguy was merely referring to the testimonies of other human beings which may have NOTHING to do with God. Please, don't bandy around or include or exclude the name of God based on whether you agree or disagree with a point of view. That might be seen as taking the Lord's name in vain.

Artguy pretty much summed up what I was going to post about the link that Nocturnal presented a couple of pages back concerning the 'homosexual turned straight'. The demands on someone with aspirations of becoming a Christian minister (as this man became) must have been tremendous. No Christian is going to fall for someone promoting heaven who is destined for hell. So - and this is merely a suggestion - there would be no other way available than to 'overcome' one's 'gayness'. This might be accomplished by some 'genuine' conversion or, alternatively, be seen by others to have overcome this orientation by presenting such a testimony. I have no idea. I can only base my conclusions - if any - on what I read. And nothing that I read is conclusively carved into stone.

What concerned me about the testimony is that the writer spoke for EVERY homosexual in the world. NO ONE - and I felt that the writer was rather irresponsible here - can be the final word on this or any other complex issue. What such a testimony could do is to inflame an already controversial issue among Christians and REALLY start a witch-hunt. After all, a 'former gay' is telling the world that ALL homosexuals are really heterosexual deviants. He is telling Christians basically what they want to hear, whether his 'conversion' was authentic or not.

Of course the destinys and the gingercats and the Lewis' are going to embrace testimonies such as this one with open arms. Others of us, however, are going to regard such testimonies with a critical mind as we feel that we must. ALWAYS!

If the writer of the article is genuinely happy with whatever 'orientation' he finished up with (?) ...well, good for him. I'll pat him on the back too if it makes him feel better about himself.

I don't know why you refer to my link as "the article". I counted 82 testimonies on that one page alone! All giving credit to Jesus Christ, and not a mention of anybody threatening a one of them with hell.

I have no desire to debate 'science' with you guys, just as you have no desire to give God glory NO MATTER what the science of how HE chose to restore those people. They know it was Him and thats good enough for me.

Good night

sehad said:
SputnikBoy, so far looking through all of the posts I haven't seen anyone on here bash or say anything against homosexuals. If so, they are wrong.

I was done with this topic as I've said everything that I can say. However, your post, sehad, was directed at me and I feel that I owe you the courtesy of a response. If you can honestly look at all of the posts, sehad, and not see any hostility directed at the homosexual as a person - or the glaring implication behind the posts that homosexuals are hell-bound - then I can't very well hammer it home.

sehad said:
But the ACT of homosexuality is indeed a sin.

Indeed, it may very well be but we need to be very mindful when we're bandying these words around that we're not being guilty of calling the kettle black. There are MANY sins (if indeed one's genetic makeup is a sin) that are NEVER targetted in the way that the issue of homosexuality is. Christians have a field day with this one. One would need to have been raised in a cave not to have witnessed this.

sehad said:
I think your "problem" comes in that you think that someone can naturally be born gay and you think it's wrong for that person to have to go to hell for it.

Hallelujah! Someone has finally caught on! Yes, sehad, that IS my point. But surely, you would agree with me on this, would you not?

sehad said:
If this can happen, just be glad that GOD is the judge and not us. By us I mean humans, GOD is a just and righteous judge, we are not. Maybe, maybe not. Just remember this. Hebrews 10:30 & 31

30For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

This is what I've been saying over and over and over like a worn-out recording.

sehad said:
If you are looking for someone on here to tell you that it's ok for someone to be born gay to be gay because that is their "natural" way you're not going to get it.

You misunderstand, sehad. I really don't care what people might 'say' or 'think' or 'tell me' as long as their views are based on their narrow-minded cultural concept of sex and gender and Christian brain-washing. I've alluded to the fact many times that the Bible texts 'condemning' homosexuality are so sparce that one could easily miss them if they were to blink. And, since 'gay-bashing' by Christians is such a favorite past-time I DO feel that the scriptures SHOULD have highlighted this particular 'sin' in BOLD neon text with flashing lights.

I've also alluded to the fact that the texts that may give some encouragement for 'gay-bashing' are ambiguous at best. I've asked on a number of occasions that someone present these such texts and decipher them in plain English in order that we can apply or dismiss them in regard to one's 'natural' attraction for the same gender. Maybe you can do that, sehad.

sehad said:
Even if someone will tell you that it's ok, aren't they putting themselves in the place of the ultimate judge. All that I can tell you is that the act of homosexuality is a sin.

Did you get that from the scriptures, sehad? Now I know that you can select the appropriate texts that Christians use all the time, but could you decipher them for me in plain English as I asked above? I'm not saying that the texts DON'T mean what you and others say they mean but they are much too ambiguous for me. I require a critical appraisal as long as we're using them to condemn people ...okay?

sehad said:
Now, is being attracted to the same sex "naturally" by being born that way and not acting on it send you to hell? I don't know and neither does anyone else on here.

But some of those who think you to be supporting them DO believe this. Does this very notion that one's involuntarily 'wiring' will send them to hell not raise a red flag to you, sehad? It sure does me!

sehad said:
Can a person be naturally born gay? Maybe...maybe not. It is proven that sexual tendencies and ideas are learned by children by observation similar to that of speaking by children is learned by imitating those around them.

NOTHING is proven, sehad. 'Straight' parents can sire a homosexual. Psychologists support genetics, sociologists support environment. Both are recognized as 'experts' in a court of law. Figure that one out!

But, while you're acknowledging the fact that you 'don't know' whether a person can be 'naturally gay' you are condemning them to hell by virtue of the fact that you believe this alone to be a sin. Don't you see this? The answer to this dilemma for you (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that one would therefore have to repent of the sin of being 'born gay'. Again, does this notion not raise a red flag? I cannot accept this even if it means that my views 'might' be at odds with God.

The following is not necessarily aimed at you, sehad. But, I never thought I would see the day when I'd be in agreement with Madelyn O'Hair about the hypocrisy and the hostility of Christianity. The ultimate act of hostility is when someone condemns another to death, even if they might sugar-coat it with 'loving' words. The ultimate act of hypocrisy is when another person believes that THEY are righteous enough to do so.

destiny said:
I don't know why you refer to my link as "the article". I counted 82 testimonies on that one page alone! All giving credit to Jesus Christ, and not a mention of anybody threatening a one of them with hell.

The article I was responding to, destiny, was supplied by Nocturnal. I even mentioned that this is what I was doing. I have, however, read a number of such testimonies from 'saved' homosexuals. I don't believe - honestly - that someone can be 'un-wired' from a sexual orientation. They CAN live with their homosexuality and, for all appearances, live as a heterosexual but they will NOT be heterosexual. They have basically been pressured into 'living a lie'. If God requires one to be 'changed genetically' then why did He not step in before they were born to prevent any heartache? Questions, questions.

Destiny, please don't go simple on us. Whenever a Christian debates the issue of homosexuality they have one piece of advice to give ..."Repent of your homosexuality, otherwise you're hell-bound." Most homosexuals in the world know that Christians (most) hate them even though they may say they don't. And, lying is an abomination to God. So, just try to make sure that you are not insincere to someone else. We all have to be on the ball to live a TRULY Christian lifestyle. Sure wish someone could tell me how to do it.

Sputnic, I am a christian. My hope comes from God.
This is the way I would disciple someone with a homosexal bent. You draw from your source and i'll draw from mine, you can call that "simple" if you want but I really could care less.
You too are "simple" when it comes to spiritual understanding.
I know you have questions, and i'm absolutely sure that only a secular base of understanding can appease you, so i'll leave that up to whoever needs the same to post further on the subject.

Thats all.

Spute,

I hope you trust God more than anything else. That's what Jesus tells us and that's what we ought to do. Christians are Jesus' followers and His apostles and disciples in the NT got directions from Jesus directly: We should give them respect what they deserve. We should not have choose and pick kind of faith.

Please don't use "hell" to make excuses.

destiny said:
Sputnic, I am a christian.

Yes, so you keep saying.

destiny said:
My hope comes from God.
This is the way I would disciple someone with a homosexal bent. You draw from your source and i'll draw from mine, you can call that "simple" if you want but I really could care less.
You too are "simple" when it comes to spiritual understanding.
I know you have questions, and i'm absolutely sure that only a secular base of understanding can appease you, so i'll leave that up to whoever needs the same to post further on the subject.

Thats all.

The best a person can do if they're oriented toward the same gender, destiny, is to live with it and exclude themselves from ever knowing what it's like to love someone in the true sense of the word. I doubt that any of you on this forum would be willing to give up what you expect - DEMAND - of others. I guess this is the only human condition where some sort of 'therapy' is required before one can be accepted by Jesus. If this is scriptural then I'm definitely on the wrong page.

And please don't use Jesus as a 'carrot' to disciple someone with a homosexual bent, OR to someone you see as being spiritually simple such as me. Again, I need justify myself, spiritually or otherwise, to no one. There's more to having a relationship with God than merely dropping His name repeatedly on a forum, destiny. God knows your heart as surely as He knows mine. I doubt that He plays favorites and somehow prefers you.

The very fact that my opinions on this issue - which I'm certainly entitled to - have soured you toward me as a person speak volumes for your own spirituality, destiny. I have to think the way you do in order to be accepted by you? On this fact alone - forget about homosexuality - I'll bet Satan is having a field day.

I, too, am done on this issue unless someone should come up with something imaginitive.

Sput, I still am not sure where you stand on this issue. I have asked this before and I'm not sure if you are just avoiding me or just haven't saw exactly where I've asked this. Do you believe that homosexuality is a sin regardless of a person's "natural" desires?

gingercat said:
Spute,

I hope you trust God more than anything else. That's what Jesus tells us and that's what we ought to do. Christians are Jesus' followers and His apostles and disciples in the NT got directions from Jesus directly: We should give them respect what they deserve. We should not have choose and pick kind of faith.

Please don't use "hell" to make excuses.

Have you ever considered that God might be using me as a mouthpiece on this very issue, ginger? How do you KNOW He isn't?

As for Jesus, I've mentioned previously that Jesus said nary a word about homosexuality. Why was that, do you think? I mean, if His followers were anything like their 21st Century counterparts wouldn't they also have been marching the streets with "Death to the fags" banners? Homosexuality woould surely have been an issue in Jesus' day enough to warrant a comment of some sort from Jesus. But, we hear of no such thing. Why? BUT, we DO hear quite a lot about immorality in general.

Would the folks on this forum be as militant if I were to defend the local harlet? I'll bet not. You know why? Because the harlet is 'doing what comes naturally' even though immorally. Heterosexual immorality does not go against the grain NEARLY as much as 'gays' making out. Tell me I'm wrong.

Anyway, must get to bed and be up bright and early for church. Take care.

Have you ever considered that God might be using me as a mouthpiece on this very issue, ginger? How do you KNOW He isn't?

Nope. I don't think that's possible, considering your next paragraph.

As for Jesus, I've mentioned previously that Jesus said nary a word about homosexuality. Why was that, do you think? I mean, if His followers were anything like their 21st Century counterparts wouldn't they also have been marching the streets with "Death to the fags" banners? Homosexuality woould surely have been an issue in Jesus' day enough to warrant a comment of some sort from Jesus. But, we hear of no such thing. Why? BUT, we DO hear quite a lot about immorality in general.

Look, if Leviticus and Exodus and Romans and Corinthians aren't God's word and Jesus is not the Word made flesh then we can all just stop discussing any of this because there is no God. There is no right and wrong and let's have one big flipping party! All that stuff about deaht to fags is wrong as well. It does not recognize the dignity of the human person, despite their sins. But you want to broadbrush everyone against homosexuality as saying death to fags. I find that offensive. It is interesting though that jesus never said it was wrong to say "death to fags" either if you want to consider how nonsensical your first arguement was. Likely you don't though because you think your God's mouthpiece on the matter.

Would the folks on this forum be as militant if I were to defend the local harlet? I'll bet not. You know why? Because the harlet is 'doing what comes naturally' even though immorally. Heterosexual immorality does not go against the grain NEARLY as much as 'gays' making out. Tell me I'm wrong.

Another nonsensical arguement. Jesus told the woman caught in adultery, GO AND SIN NO MORE. The scriptures tell us GOD HATES SIN. Harlotry is sin and so is homosexuality. Haroltry comes about because of fallen natures. It is a corruption of our natures and therefore it is what Christ through his grace wants to heal. He wants to heal the homosexual as well. But you say no, wallow in sin homosexual because I, Rod, don't think it wil send you to hell. You of course won't be at the pearly gates to help force them in however. We cannot wallow in our sin. Christ came to free us from sin.

Anyway, must get to bed and be up bright and early for church. Take care.

Going to an SDA Church I would assume. Do tell them that you believe homosexuality is okay.

Blessings

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back