Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What Do Christians REALLY think?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
To add a note to this, I have a celibate gay friend, he loves other men but stays pure as such. I think you have given very good comments Sputnik Boy, people already know my comments on the matter from other posts. I just thought I should back up the notion of a virgin gay or lesbian person.

RichardE40K said:
To add a note to this, I have a celibate gay friend, he loves other men but stays pure as such. I think you have given very good comments Sputnik Boy, people already know my comments on the matter from other posts. I just thought I should back up the notion of a virgin gay or lesbian person.
May God help the poor guy get away from dead powerless christians who will tell him he has to live in such a condition when he doesn't have to.
I hope he finds some christians who know the delivering power of almighty God so that they can introduce him to that God.
The Lord says to stay away from christians who have a form of godliness yet deny the power.
May God help any homosexual who crosses paths with a 'christian' who can't lead them to a God who sets free and delivers.

Oh he knows what I think. He’s not a believer but that’s due to the fact he’s been outcast by so many. It’s sad really. I have told him and you know what I don’t care if someone attacks me for this. I told him that if he needs to find god, and have Jesus by his side, he is welcome at any time, to walk into the church and pray. No matter what anyone things, god will be his keeper. I don’t know what he will do, I hope he finds god or god gets to him, he is a lovely man, but he is very closed up and it saddens me that he had to meet some really, bad advice people, who just cast him away, as if he was some sort of dirt.

destiny said:
RichardE40K said:
May God help the poor guy get away from dead powerless christians who will tell him he has to live in such a condition when he doesn't have to.

I'm so proud of you for supporting the idea that he should be free to love whom he chooses.

RichardE40K said:
Post like this one abvoe is a no, no on this board. It is in the RULES.

I was just proving a point that some found to be what was the word "spooky". Yet again I was not advertising homosexuality niether was I going against the bible.

Lewis W said:
RichardE40K said:

It's against the forum rules to assert the existence of gays who avoid sin by becoming celibate? Which wacky rule is this?

ArtGuy said:
destiny said:
RichardE40K said:

I'm so proud of you for supporting the idea that he should be free to love whom he chooses.
On the day that I stand before God I would rather know that a homosexual found freedom in Christ through me, than know I told him to go "love" whoever he chooses.
You have nothing any different than the world has if thats the best you can do artguy.

RichardE40K said:
Oh he knows what I think. He’s not a believer but that’s due to the fact he’s been outcast by so many. It’s sad really. I have told him and you know what I don’t care if someone attacks me for this. I told him that if he needs to find god, and have Jesus by his side, he is welcome at any time, to walk into the church and pray. No matter what anyone things, god will be his keeper. I don’t know what he will do, I hope he finds god or god gets to him, he is a lovely man, but he is very closed up and it saddens me that he had to meet some really, bad advice people, who just cast him away, as if he was some sort of dirt.
Introduce the guy to someone who has been set free from bondage and let them disciple him and teach him some Godly principles that will lead to freedom.
There are people out there who have tapped in to the power of God who Can help him get free.

You know I doubt any of these conversations are getting anyone anywhere. Peoples views seem to be stuck in them like iron thorns running through the ground (I love poetry). The fact is I cant see anyones views on this matter changing. Sad but true, we live in a, say cold world with unwilling people.

destiny said:
RichardE40K said:
Introduce the guy to someone who has been set free from bondage and let them disciple him and teach him some Godly principles that will lead to freedom.
There are people out there who have tapped in to the power of God who Can help him get free.

Well I will get him to the church one day, all I'm saying is that you cannot blame him for bieng afraid.

RichardE40K said:
You know I doubt any of these conversations are getting anyone anywhere. Peoples views seem to be stuck in them like iron thorns running through the ground (I love poetry). The fact is I cant see anyones views on this matter changing. Sad but true, we live in a, say cold world with unwilling people.
My views are not my own...Do I need to post every miracle and transformation Jesus did in people and through people? This isn't rocket science.
Either your God has power or you have NOTHING to offer the world.

ArtGuy said:
destiny said:
RichardE40K said:

If that was intended as a 'gentle' sarcastic remark, Artguy, I absolutely agree with you. Many Christians don't see that their dogmatic approach to this entire issue is more dangerous than the issue itself. The "I'm right and you are wrong because I have Jesus in my life and you don't!" approach is the type of hypocricy that Jesus hated so much.

Destiny is seriously suggesting that Jesus will turn a homosexual 'straight' if only they ask. Were it THAT simple! She/he is also putting the individual as well as Jesus to the test. And, if and when the test fails - as it invariably will - then the 'victim' will not only be still a homosexual but also a homosexual who demonstrates a lack of faith. Double whammy! It will NEVER occur to the dogmatic Christian that Jesus has simply not responded to the request.

Destiny, two homosexual people that I know have just about worn out their knees from praying to Jesus to 'change them'. So far Jesus has not stepped in at all. They are no less Christians than you are and it offends me greatly when you and others give such strong opinions while NOT HAVING A CLUE as to what you're talking about. How long do they wait for a response from Jesus? ...4 years (that's how long one of the two has been on his knees) ...or as long as it takes? Come on, Destiny, PLEASE give some meaningful advice instead of some haughty and ignorant diatribe.

Yes but argueing over homosexuality end on end is pointless, it just wastes time and makes me really tired.

As a last thing, Sputnik Boy, I think youre friends should stop trying to change. I don't know, its 2AM here so forgive me for short slow answers. I just think they are going to get dissapointed. I honestly dont think people can change, and to finally answer youre question. No, i dont think they are deviants. Just nature working in its strange ways. We cant choose these things altough I have been presented with some proof from lewis that it can be chosen, I dont know anymore. I just pray to god that any hate towards a lost or hurt person at this moment is ceased.

SputnikBoy said:
ArtGuy said:
destiny said:
RichardE40K said:

If that was intended as a 'gentle' sarcastic remark, Artguy, I absolutely agree with you. Many Christians don't see that their dogmatic approach to this entire issue is more dangerous than the issue itself. The "I'm right and you are wrong because I have Jesus in my life and you don't!" approach is the type of hypocricy that Jesus hated so much.

Destiny is seriously suggesting that Jesus will turn a homosexual 'straight' if only they ask. Were it THAT simple! She/he is also putting the individual as well as Jesus to the test. And, if and when the test fails - as it invariably will - then the 'victim' will not only be still a homosexual but also a homosexual who demonstrates a lack of faith. Double whammy! It will NEVER occur to the dogmatic Christian that Jesus has simply not responded to the request.

Destiny, two homosexual people that I know have just about worn out their knees from praying to Jesus to 'change them'. So far Jesus has not stepped in at all. They are no less Christians than you are and it offends me greatly when you and others give such strong opinions while NOT HAVING A CLUE as to what you're talking about. How long do they wait for a response from Jesus? ...4 years (that's how long one of the two has been on his knees) ...or as long as it takes? Come on, Destiny, PLEASE give some meaningful advice instead of some haughty and ignorant diatribe.
May God lead them to someone who can disciple them who knows God and who has spiritual understanding.

Lewis W said:
RichardE40K said:

? ? ? ? Oh boy, Lewis. Now I've heard everything! The post by Richard in NO WAY violated ANY TOS regulation ...unless, of course, the TOS prefers that homosexuals DON'T remain celibant. Foolish remarks by such as yourself, Lewis, should not be tolerated.

destiny said:
SputnikBoy said:
Destiny, two homosexual people that I know have just about worn out their knees from praying to Jesus to 'change them'. So far Jesus has not stepped in at all. They are no less Christians than you are and it offends me greatly when you and others give such strong opinions while NOT HAVING A CLUE as to what you're talking about. How long do they wait for a response from Jesus? ...4 years (that's how long one of the two has been on his knees) ...or as long as it takes? Come on, Destiny, PLEASE give some meaningful advice instead of some haughty and ignorant diatribe.[/color]

May God lead them to someone who can disciple them who knows God and who has spiritual understanding.

Ditto to you, destiny. I find that remark offensive since the people in question already have Jesus in their lives. Both are even celibate. Don't ever believe that you are above someone spiritually simply because YOU think you are.

SputnikBoy said:
ArtGuy said:
destiny said:

If that was intended as a 'gentle' sarcastic remark, Artguy, I absolutely agree with you.

Yeah, I was just having a little fun. No hard feelings, destiny. :)

SputnikBoy said:
destiny said:
SputnikBoy said:
Destiny, two homosexual people that I know have just about worn out their knees from praying to Jesus to 'change them'. So far Jesus has not stepped in at all. They are no less Christians than you are and it offends me greatly when you and others give such strong opinions while NOT HAVING A CLUE as to what you're talking about. How long do they wait for a response from Jesus? ...4 years (that's how long one of the two has been on his knees) ...or as long as it takes? Come on, Destiny, PLEASE give some meaningful advice instead of some haughty and ignorant diatribe.[/color]

Ditto to you, destiny. I find that remark offensive since the people in question already have Jesus in their lives. Both are even celibate. Don't ever believe that you are above someone spiritually simply because YOU think you are.

I don't know if you will be able to accept these testimonies of set free homosexuals, but here are a few...
http://www.anotherway.com/menus/pages.html

“What is impossible with men is possible with God." (Luke 18:27 ).

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back