Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What Do Christians REALLY think?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
SputnikBoy said:
Lewis W said:
RichardE40K said:
To add a note to this, I have a celibate gay friend, he loves other men but stays pure as such. I think you have given very good comments Sputnik Boy, people already know my comments on the matter from other posts. I just thought I should back up the notion of a virgin gay or lesbian person.
Post like this one abvoe is a no, no on this board. It is in the RULES.

? ? ? ? Oh boy, Lewis. Now I've heard everything! The post by Richard in NO WAY violated ANY TOS regulation ...unless, of course, the TOS prefers that homosexuals DON'T remain celibant. Foolish remarks by such as yourself, Lewis, should not be tolerated.
What I get from that, is that it is ok to be gay, as long as you don't have sex. It is still not ok to be gay. And if that was not the case, he would not have typed it. And when a person shuts up that burning desire, for to long, it will come out one day, and it will come out with a bang.

Lewis W said:
SputnikBoy said:
[quote="Lewis W":5f9a2]
RichardE40K said:
To add a note to this, I have a celibate gay friend, he loves other men but stays pure as such. I think you have given very good comments Sputnik Boy, people already know my comments on the matter from other posts. I just thought I should back up the notion of a virgin gay or lesbian person.
Post like this one abvoe is a no, no on this board. It is in the RULES.

? ? ? ? Oh boy, Lewis. Now I've heard everything! The post by Richard in NO WAY violated ANY TOS regulation ...unless, of course, the TOS prefers that homosexuals DON'T remain celibant. Foolish remarks by such as yourself, Lewis, should not be tolerated.
What I get from that, is that it is ok to be gay, as long as you don't have sex. It is still not ok to be gay. And if that was not the case, he would not have typed it. And when a person shuts up that burning desire, for to long, it will come out one day, and it will come out with a bang.[/quote:5f9a2]

I don't know why I bother. Am I the only one ...can NO ONE ELSE on this thread - even you other 'gay'-haters - see the absolute drivel contained in the above statement?

I don't know why I bother. Am I the only one ...can NO ONE ELSE on this thread - even you other 'gay'-haters - see the absolute drivel contained in the above statement?
I find you offensive also, sputnick. Not only to me but also in how you will start a topic in order to exploit homosexuality.
When you get the (usual) reaction of christians not agreeing with you, then you will turn and exploit ALL of those christians as 'gay haters'. (which seems to be your main goal.)

The only thing here that I hate is your seeming lack of faith in God, and your inability to understand scripture.
Not to mention you teach people who are bound- up to embrace their bondage because thats just the best that you can offer.
I am through with this topic, you will only twist words to make yourself appear righteous to the world.
Those who truly know God will see through your little dog and pony show.

destiny said:
I find you offensive also, sputnick. Not only to me but also in how you will start a topic in order to exploit homosexuality.
When you get the (usual) reaction of christians not agreeing with you, then you will turn and exploit ALL of those christians as 'gay haters'. (which seems to be your main goal.)

The only thing here that I hate is your seeming lack of faith in God, and your inability to understand scripture.
Not to mention you teach people who are bound- up to embrace their bondage because thats just the best that you can offer.
I am through with this topic, you will only twist words to make yourself appear righteous to the world.
Just as everyone finds one bad atheist, and then thinks ALL atheists are evil witches that worship satan, and want to burn down churches (rolls eyes)

I wish there were more christians, that followed the teachigns of Jesus, and what the apostles say he said, and not just what the apostles, or the other books say. I find Matthew to be more relevant in following Jesus, the true path to God, than Corinthias or romans..

destiny said:

The above is merely rhetoric, destiny, and runs off of me like water from a duck's back. It's the typical clap-trap of someone so obsessed by the Book that they cannot begin to understand that not all issues in society are black and white and don't fit nicely into a neat little 'righteous' package.

And, the amount of faith I may or may not lack in God is not something that you are qualified to measure, destiny. This may come as a shock but you are in the same 'sinner camp' that I am. By the way, even if I haven't yet attained the level of faith or scriptural knowledge that you believe YOU have attained, why would you HATE that of me? And, as for the other bit of rhetoric, I have confessed many times over the months on this forum that I am FAR from being righteous. Anyone reading my posts, whether they agree or oppose, would certainly not get self-righteousness from them. On the contrary ...I can relate to the sinner.

Let's assume that, as you say, someone IS caught up in the 'bondage' of homosexuality, destiny. Can you come back to this thread long enough to offer them the way out with more than condemnation and boring rhetoric? I've heard NOTHING constructive from most of the 'gay'-bashers of the forum. Should there be someone visiting this thread who may be 'gay' and not too happy about that, then how about trying to help them?

SputnikBoy said:
destiny said:
Testimonies Of gays who are no longer "gay"...
http://www.anotherway.com/menus/pages.html

Okay, that's a start. But, how sad that someone had to go through 'therapy' and be 'cured' before Christians would accept them. What would Jesus have done?
You are so hell bent on making christians look bad until you obviously will say anything in order to draw the conversation back into that vein.
Those are awesome testimonies which very much involve christians.

You assassinate anyones character who doesn't agree with you , scary.

Lewis W said:
And thank you Destiny for that, it was well needed in this topic.

I trust that should a 'gay' ever become 'straight' (which I don't believe actually happens) that they will remember the time that you, Lewis, did not welcome them into the fold 'as is'. They first had to convince you (even if they're fibbing) that they are now 'straight' and as righteous as you think you are before you chose to accept them.

SputnikBoy said:
Lewis W said:

I trust that should a 'gay' ever become 'straight' (which I don't believe actually happens) that they will remember the time that you, Lewis, did not welcome them into the fold 'as is'. They first had to convince you (even if they're fibbing) that they are now 'straight' and as righteous as you think you are before you chose to accept them.

It is only a problem if one is insisting that it is not a sin and actually engages in the activity. Paul says to expell the evil deeds.

Christians should not promote any sinful bahavior.

Have you been changing your lifestyle since you became Christian, Rod? I had to because I had so many secular habbits. I am still changing in so many ways. Why are you avoinding this simple question? I have asked you many times.

destiny said:

I have a friend who used to love video games. He then met a girl who hated them, and forced him to choose between her and his gaming. He gave it up, and they're now married. He claims that he no longer likes video games, and offers up the same rhetoric as she does regarding how it's a stupid, juvenile habit and he's glad he gave it up. He was, one might say, "cured" of his habit. It's pretty obvious he's lying. We all feel very sorry for him. She also made him stop hanging out with us, because we were bad influences.

I wonder. We know that the brain physiology of gays is different from that of straight folks. If these people are truly "cured", it would stand to reason that their physiology had reverted to the straight-person archtype. One of these cured people should offer themselves up to science in order to prove that you can truly change your sexual orientation, and not just pretend to because a bunch of people convinced you that you'll burn in Hell because of it.

Lewis W said:
What I get from that, is that it is ok to be gay, as long as you don't have sex. It is still not ok to be gay. And if that was not the case, he would not have typed it. And when a person shuts up that burning desire, for to long, it will come out one day, and it will come out with a bang.

I'm not sure i agree with you on this one Lewis. I have a "burning" desire to drink still but I do not act upon it. Basically because I have to make myself suppress this desire when it comes out. The founder of the church I go to craved cigarettes until he did and he didn't smoke for over 50 years but you could tell when he got around it that he wanted it. Same with fornication before getting married, it's hard to stop if you've already started but it is possible. I believe that it can be suppressed. The point is, drunkards will not enter heaven but does craving alcohol make me a drunkard even if I don't give into it? Fornication will keep you from going to heaven, but am I still a fornicator if I just want it even if I do not act on it and suppress it when it rises?So the BIG question is, does wanting people of the same sex, but suppressing the urge and not acting on it still make you gay? I'm sure that EVERYONE agrees that homosexuality is a sin and will keep you out of heaven, but (in my opinion) only GOD can answer that question. It is up to the person that is struggling with it to ask GOD's help with it. If you do not allow someone to come to the church because they are gay then you are just as bad off if not worse than they are. It is your job to get them to the church house, GOD's job to make them the way he wants them. Jesus said that those that are not sick don't need the doctor. You shouldn't get right then come to church, you should come to church and let GOD get you right.

ArtGuy said:
destiny said:

I have a friend who used to love video games. He then met a girl who hated them, and forced him to choose between her and his gaming. He gave it up, and they're now married. He claims that he no longer likes video games, and offers up the same rhetoric as she does regarding how it's a stupid, juvenile habit and he's glad he gave it up. He was, one might say, "cured" of his habit. It's pretty obvious he's lying. We all feel very sorry for him. She also made him stop hanging out with us, because we were bad influences.

I wonder. We know that the brain physiology of gays is different from that of straight folks. If these people are truly "cured", it would stand to reason that their physiology had reverted to the straight-person archtype. One of these cured people should offer themselves up to science in order to prove that you can truly change your sexual orientation, and not just pretend to because a bunch of people convinced you that you'll burn in Hell because of it.

Now the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him; and he cannot know them, because they are spiritually judged. 1Cor. 2:14

destiny said:
Now the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him; and he cannot know them, because they are spiritually judged. 1Cor. 2:14

Care to respond to what I posted with an actual argument, or are you just going to fellate scripture all the live long day?

Care to respond to what I posted with an actual argument, or are you just going to fellate scripture all the live long day?
You can't even accept testimonies that give credit and glory to God without adding your own hate filled words towards christians. Thats all it's about for some of you guys, or else you would give glory to God and rejoice for those who have found liberty. Instead you make up lies and say it's because christians threatened them with hell.
Your own words reveal alot.

gingercat said:
SputnikBoy said:
Lewis W said:

gingercat said:
It is only a problem if one is insisting that it is not a sin and actually engages in the activity. Paul says to expell the evil deeds.

Paul says this, Paul says that. Frankly I don't care, ginger. Paul was a sinner like me and ...um, you. What did JESUS say about this issue? Come on, give me names, dates, texts, etc. If you can point out the words of Jesus that support the attitude you display toward a fellow human being then I may start to see things differently. Quite frankly, I find the brand of 'Christianity' that I've encountered from some on this thread NOT the kind that I'd be biting at the bit to emulate.

gingercat said:
Christians should not promote any sinful bahavior.

Oh wow ...never heard that one before. Thanks for the revelation. NO ONE here is promoting ANYTHING, ginger. Please stop with the dramatics. I really DO believe that you've lost the plot on this particular topic and I suggest that you excuse yourself from participating until you get it right. I have given my take on this particular issue many times - I believe - in an articulate, level headed manner and I'll try to continue to refrain from even a hint of hysteria in the future as some of the 'fair sex' on this forum occasionally resort to. Then again, you're an emotional, (irrational?) female and we know what your buddy Paul had to say about them, dont we ...? :wink:

gingercat said:
Have you been changing your lifestyle since you became Christian, Rod? I had to because I had so many secular habbits. I am still changing in so many ways. Why are you avoinding this simple question? I have asked you many times.

I'm avoiding nothing, ginger. PLEASE, when will you catch on? I in no way, shape, or form have to justify my Christianity to you. Either answer I give would be used against me. Do you not realize that you are being no different than those who brought the adultress woman to Jesus? They were trying to back Jesus into a corner. Whatever response Jesus gave would be the wrong one in their minds. But, we all know how Jesus diffused THAT situation, don't we?

So, I would suggest to you and destiny, among others, that you concentrate on YOURSELVES and your own sins and stop trying to measure the 'Christianity' of others by using yourselves as a yardstick. I know you don't realize that you're doing this but you are. Okay?

destiny said:
You can't even accept testimonies that give credit and glory to God without adding your own hate filled words towards christians. Thats all it's about for some of you guys, or else you would give glory to God and rejoice for those who have found liberty. Instead you make up lies and say it's because christians threatened them with hell.
Your own words reveal alot.

Sometimes we allow out emotions to rule our brain. Sorry, but the above might be an example of this. I have not seen ONE post on this thread from the anti/anti-homosexual (?) camp, destiny, that have given 'hate-filled words towards Christians'. You've made that up simply to try to make those who may disagree with you look bad. I'm a Christian myself (honest!) so why would I even want do that? One should not flaunt the label 'Christian' like a banner merely to indicate to everyone else that they must, therefore, be right(eous).

About the 'hell' part of your post, destiny ...where, in your opinion, IS a homosexual bound if not to hell? THEN tell me that it's a lie that Christians are not threatening some fellow human beings with hell.

SputnikBoy said:
Sometimes we allow out emotions to rule our brain. Sorry, but the above might be an example of this. I have not seen ONE post on this thread from the anti/anti-homosexual (?) camp, destiny, that have given 'hate-filled words towards Christians'. You've made that up simply to try to make those who may disagree with you look bad.

It seems you are judging me according to what you do.

About the 'hell' part of your post, destiny ...where, in your opinion, IS a homosexual bound if not to hell? THEN tell me that it's a lie that Christians are not threatening some fellow human beings with hell.

I know that all sinners (including myself) have to repent and follow Jesus in order to partake of eternal life.
I believe a person who puts down attractions for the same sex in order to live for Jesus is still saved.
I believe the whole gospel should be preached/taught to all unbelievers in the right way, including the consequences of dying without Jesus.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back