Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

What does it mean for the Christian to stumble?

Greetings Free,

First, why assume the NT was written in Hebrew?

Two reasons, the simple evidence comes from my website, based on Jeff Benner's research, click here http://spiritualsprings.org/ss-1092.htm

Second, a detailed extremely detailed study of the Greek by Christopher Lancaster in a pdf document called "Was the New Testament Really Written in Greek?

A Concise Compendium of the Many Internal and External Evidences of Aramaic Peshitta Primacy "

is a step is the right direction, showing Greek was not primary , but Aramaic or Hebrew was. This research is relatively young, so many other websites speak differently. His examples shows dozens of errors in the Greek, not errors in doctrine thinking, but slight differences due to primacy of language.

This is why I consider the Hebrew primacy first. Not a translated word. And I only do this when scholars question...for a child wanting salvation, any translation is OK, my faviourite is the King James in English.

Second, since it is assumed that the NT was written in Hebrew, then you must also assume what word was used.

The bridge used for Greek koine translations is the LXX, so one must find a cross reference, or fail to read the NT Greek word properly....

But in doing that, there is no basis for selecting that particular word.

I agree sometimes it is difficult

Third, all the other words in context must also be assumed, so one could make a verse say whatever they wanted. What are the assumed words for "gifts" and "calling"?

If the whole verse is questioned then yes all words would have to be looked up, otherwise as in this study only one word is allowed to make a doctrine

The Bible says one verse should not be used to make doctrines....

Here is a little of what Scripture says found in one place over a few chapters how to study Scripture

Conclusion: The Bible method for reading Scripture found across one passage of two chapters of Scripture is as follows:-
  • (1) Measure truth using big and little marks..
  • (2) Build truth from the standard of Jesus.
  • (3) Plumb the truth against the judgement of other marks.
  • (4) Plough deeply until ..straight, soft and humble
  • (5) Beware of human traditions and false prophets..
  • (6) Behold the miracle wonder of meekness during study..
  • (7) Listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit..
    Discussion:
    In the beginning...it's OK to start on milk..
    Isa 28:9 ¶ Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
    study1.jpg

Here the passage begins, from the book of Isaiah how to read our Bibles. We start off the idea we are babies drinking milk.
    It's OK to read our Bibles as milk if a beginner.

Here we see the first poetry picture simile. When a baby begins as a babe, only milk is used, but as the baby matures stronger foods are used, as nourishment.
  • Heb 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
  • Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
    It is a very sad day indeed to see adult people still feeding upon the milk of the word, especially claiming to have spent years growing in Jesus.
    (1) Measure truth using big and little marks..
    Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
study4.jpg

Here in this verse are many Hebrew words that mean "marks" like on a "ruler". The measurement we have in mind is lined up with the big marks and little marks on the ruler.

Here we see another poetry picture simile. When you measure something you start from a fixed known mark and measure from big marks and little marks until your object is judged by the big and little marks on your measuring standard. Thus when measuring any object, your need a standard and big and little marks that all must line up with what you're measuring.
This poetry picture simile means to look up all references on whatever measuring of a word topic your studying and compare everything with that topic with everything the Bible has to say about that topic. That makes logic sense.
Of course if you wanted to make a biased assessment, you would deliberately avoid other marks and choose the ones you want to exaggerate because you have some agenda already in mind. Thus highlighting one text over another, you can make any measuring of truth look towards your viewpoint.
The Bible says instead, to look at all the evident marks on a topic before making a conclusion. Not only that, the Bible has many other passages to speak about how to read it's holy Scriptures.
(2) Build truth from the standard of Jesus.
Isa 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.
When you read any measuring topic against the marks of other Scriptures, always cross reference the marks back to the chief corner stone, who is called Jesus. Since the Scripture Torah was written with Jesus in mind, it makes sense that every topic should be related to Jesus in some way. Thus Scripture should be Christ centered.
study2.jpg

Here we see another poetry picture simile. When building a building from stone, each stone is aligned back to the corner stone, so the message of the wall is straight true and without error.

(3) Plumb the truth against the judgement of other marks.
study8.jpg

The "plummet" was a "weighted mark" used to make a building go up straight and true, that all the building blocks under study were found aligning themselves to the truth of the measurement.

Isa 28:17 Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet:
Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Various building poetry pictures are presented here, all giving the simile of measuring truth, is found by measuring truth against all the big and little marks found on the topic of study. The message is study everything on the subject, not just here and there. Look up every reference. Than plumb the new theory of faith with the older known theories of faith, so we do not disregard the old building blocks in our wall of truth.

But telling a believer they do not have to continue to trust in Christ altogether (hyper-grace doctrine), and them doing that, is not causing them to stumble? Kidron.
-
-
But im not telling them then not to continue to Trust in Christ.
Im showing them that the BLOOD atonement is something that God has applied to them, and that THIS ALONE keeps them saved.
Not Faith.
Listen fella, where would faith be, if there was no Cross.?
Where is Faith, is there is no GRACE?
Where is Faith, if there is no BLOOD shed on a Cross?
Where is Faith, if there no JESUS dying for your sins?
So, all Faith does, it release the completed and finished SALVATION to the Believer.
All Faith does, is release God to redeem YOU based on the Blood of Jesus paying for all your sins.
All Faith does is release God to give you HIS Righteousness as the "Gift of Righteousness".
Faith does not create the Grace of God or the Blodd of Jesus.
All faith does is release GOD to SAVE YOU, and He did the INSTANT you TRUSTED Christ.
See, you are not born again over time, but rather you are born again in an INSTANT....as the new birth does not talk a lifetime to accomplish, ....it happens instantly, when you >>>FIRST BELIEVED<<.

So, you are teaching that Faith saves you and keeps you saved, and God is teaching that Jesus SAVED YOU when you first believed the Gospel, and were born again.
Jesus is your savior, and not your faith.
Jesus is your savior, and not your faith.

JB, I hope you can come to see this very soon, as when you do, you will stop carrying your salvation on your own back, and you will stop trying to put that cross Galatians 1:8 on everyone else.
And that DAY will be a happy day for you, indeed.

JLB,

Just so you know I would never teach you could renounce Jesus and still be saved. It's different from denying Jesus (like Peter did out of fear)
I believe there's a difference to denying verbally and denying from one's heart just as there's a difference between claiming to believe and actually believing. God judges us from our heart, not our actions or intentions.

I believe there's a difference to denying verbally and denying from one's heart just as there's a difference between claiming to believe and actually believing. God judges us from our heart, not our actions or intentions.
-
And there is definitely a difference between believing that God saved you, vs to continue trying to save yourself after He has already applied the Atonement to you, once and for all time.
See, the issue is .....some do not understand that Salvation, that Christ died to provide, is not something that we are obligated to keep by our faith.
Its something that is already completed and is applied to us, the instant we believe , by Faith.
Have you ever had a Flu shot?........If so, can you understand that once its in you, you dont have to keep having faith that its in there, to keep it?
See it?
Well, this is the same with the BLOOD ATONEMENT, as after you get the "BLOOD shot" then Jesus is IN YOU, and you dont have to keep believing He is in there, as its a FACT that He IS !!..... "AS YOU ARE SEALED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT = FOREVER"..."CHRIST IN YOU< THE HOPE OF GLORY".
So, when a person is worried about ....."do i still believe it so that i can keep myself saved by not being an unbeliever", then that person has not understood Redemption, and is instead trying to trust their Faith to save them instead of trusting God who has ALREADY SAVED THEM, through the BLOOD of Christ.

God judges us from our heart, not our actions or intentions.

Brother, God judges us by our actions, and the motive or intent of our actions, from our heart.

...the righteous judgment of God, who “will render to each one according to his deeds heart"?

... the righteous judgment of God, who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, Romans 2:5-8

JLB

Im showing them that the BLOOD atonement is something that God has applied to them, and that THIS ALONE keeps them saved.

No such thing as blood of Christ "atonement".

JLB

But im not telling them then not to continue to Trust in Christ.
What do you think continuing to trust in Christ is called, Kidron, chicken soup? It's called FAITH!

For the life of me I can not understand these OSAS arguments that make this ridiculous distinction between 'having faith' and 'trusting in Christ' as if they are two different things. I see this all the time in OSAS arguments.

And there is definitely a difference between believing that God saved you, vs to continue trying to save yourself after He has already applied the Atonement to you, once and for all time.
If 'having faith' to stay saved is a damnable work of self-righteousness then so was 'having faith' on the day you first believed.

No such thing as blood of Christ "atonement".

JLB
-
JLB....You just said there is no such thing as "Christ's Blood Atonement".
So, you just denied God's grace as truth, and concluded Jesus's work on the Cross is a lie.
So, JLB....this explains why you only teach works, instead of redemption.
And i'll have you know that to publicly deny the blood atonement of Jesus Christ, is a very dangerous thing to do.
And isnt it interesting that you and Jethro Bodine always work as a team here on this forum.....
If i were you, JLB..... i'd delete what you just wrote, asap.
Really.<

K

Last edited:
What do you think continuing to trust in Christ is called, Kidron, chicken soup? It's called FAITH!

For the life of me I can not understand these OSAS arguments that make this ridiculous distinction between 'having faith' and 'trusting in Christ' as if they are two different things. I see this all the time in OSAS arguments.

If 'having faith' to stay saved is a damnable work of self-righteousness then so was 'having faith' on the day you first believed.

-

See, the issue is .....some do not understand that Salvation, that Christ died to provide, is not something that we are obligated to keep by our faith.
Its something that is already completed and is applied to us, the instant we believe , by Faith.
So, when a person like you JB is worried about ....."do i still believe it so that i can keep myself saved by not being an unbeliever", then that person has not understood Redemption, and is instead trying to trust their Faith to save them instead of trusting God who has ALREADY SAVED THEM, through the BLOOD of Christ.

So, you are teaching that Faith saves you and keeps you saved
No, you think I'm teaching that. You are dishonestly twisting what I'm saying.
I'm saying faith is what keeps you plugged into that which keeps you saved. Just as faith is what plugged you into it in the first place.
But I'm confident that you will continue to say what you think I'm saying, despite these clear words of mine. If you can't hear the clear words of the Bible, why should I expect you to hear mine, right?

"1Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain." (1 Corinthians 15:1-2 NASB)

You are presently saved IF you presently hold fast the word. Unless you never really believed in the first place (your misunderstanding of that part of the verse), which makes the matter irrelevant to you anyway. No condition for holding fast the word to be saved exists for the person who isn't even saved to begin with.

-

So, when a person like you JB is worried about ....."do i still believe it so that i can keep myself saved by not being an unbeliever", then that person has not understood Redemption, and is instead trying to trust their Faith to save them instead of trusting God who has ALREADY SAVED THEM, through the BLOOD of Christ.
You did not address my post.
Why is 'continuing to trust in Christ not 'continuing to have faith'?

Explain this, then we'll be able to understand how telling people they have to continue to have faith in Christ after they get saved is causing them to stumble so as to deserve a punishment worse than having a millstone tied around your neck and drowned in the sea, while telling them they don't have to have faith after they are saved doesn't cause them to stumble.

Last edited:
No, you think I'm teaching that. You are dishonestly twisting what I'm saying.
I'm saying faith is what keeps you plugged into that which keeps you saved. Just as faith is what plugged you into it in the first place.
But I'm confident that you will continue to say what you think I'm saying, despite these clear words of mine. If you can't hear the clear words of the Bible, why should I expect you to hear mine, right?

"1Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain." (1 Corinthians 15:1-2 NASB)

You are presently saved IF you presently hold fast the word. Unless you never really believed in the first place (your misunderstanding of that part of the verse), which makes the matter irrelevant to you anyway. No condition for holding fast the word to be saved exists for the person who isn't even saved to begin with.
----
-
Jethro Bodine........Here is what You are doing over and over.
You are twisting one verse to try to prove that if a person is not trusting in their faith to save them, then they are no longer saved.
Thats your "gospel", and its Galatians 1:8.
What im doing is commending and exalting the Holy Blood Atonement = Finished Work of Christ on the Cross, as the only way to be saved, and the only way to stay saved.

Im preaching 2nd Corinthians 15:3,4.

YOU, JB..... are preaching Galatians 1:8.
and you need to stop, now.

First, why assume the NT was written in Hebrew? Second, since it is assumed that the NT was written in Hebrew, then you must also assume what word was used. But in doing that, there is no basis for selecting that particular word. Third, all the other words in context must also be assumed, so one could make a verse say whatever they wanted. What are the assumed words for "gifts" and "calling"?
The New Testament wasn't written in Hebrew, it was written in Greek. That was the common language of the day. In fact it was written in koina (not sure that's spelled right) or common Greek. The Old Testament was written in Hebrew.

• If you can show me from the scriptures that believing [present tense] in Christ is keeping the law of Moses then, you will have made a point.

• If you can show me from the scriptures that a continuing faith in Christ, is keeping the law of Moses, then you will have made a point.

JLB

----
-
Jethro Bodine........Here is what You are doing over and over.
You are twisting one verse to try to prove that if a person is not trusting in their faith to save them, then they are no longer saved.
Thats your "gospel", and its Galatians 1:8.
What im doing is commending and exalting the Holy Blood Atonement = Finished Work of Christ on the Cross, as the only way to be saved, and the only way to stay saved.

Im preaching 2nd Corinthians 15:3,4.

12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, Hebrews 3:12-14

See, I didn't figure you'd get the argument right even after I corrected you.
I said what Paul said....you have to continue to hold fast the word in order to be saved. You are the one who has to do the twisting to make the passage not mean what it plainly says:

You are the one who has to change 'if you hold fast the word' to 'as long as you held fast the word at some point in the past, but don't have to now'. I'm pretty sure if believers hear that message from you, and they then stop holding fast the word thinking they are still saved, it is you who have caused them to stumble. You are destroying the temple of God. The person who does that will himself be destroyed (1 Corinthians 3:17 NASB). They are the one's who are better off with a millstone tied around their neck and drowned in the sea.

But, JLB, I'm still a partaker of Christ even if I DON'T hold the confidence I had in the beginning all the way to the end. The author of Hebrews is wrong. :lol
--
---

Let me do this for you.
PM me your mailing address, and i'll get my dictionary and locate the word "SAVED" in it, and highlight it in pink for you.
I"ll tear it out, and put it in an envelope and put a stamp on it and mail it to you so that you can study this word until you comprehend it, = what SAVED means.
Glad to do it for you.

Now here is this.. JB
Listen up.

1st Peter 1:3,4

'"""according to GOD's MERCY, = HE SAVED US".....Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy >>GOD has given us the new birth<<< into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,..and into an inheritance that >>>>can never perish, spoil or fade<<<. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you""

JB, this verse is explaining to you, specifically, why you are saved, who did it, and how you can never lose it.
1st) , Its Gods mercy given to you that saved you. ( not you keeping faith)......
2nd, GOD has given you the new birth.....and you cant be "unborn" again.
3rd...Salvation (Heavenly Inheritance) can never perish (you cant lose it)......as its "KEPT"" (By Jesus,= you are "IN CHRIST")....
So, that eternally settles it in Heaven, so that also eternally settles it on earth..
Try to get it now settled in your own doctrine and heart, JB..... so that you begin to agree with God, instead of trying to stumble believers here by trying to convince them that they have to keep themselves saved....
Galatians 1:8
And remember, its """""JESUS, "who is the author and finisher of our FAITH"..........and NOT YOU...
And its GOD who.... "began a good work in your and will COMPLETE IT."........ NOT YOU.
So, TRUST GOD through the Blood of Jesus, to complete your salvation, just like He said He would.
You can Trust HIM, JB........to finish what He started in you.
-
-

K

-
JLB....You just said there is no such thing as "Christ's Blood Atonement".
So, you just denied God's grace as truth, and concluded Jesus's work on the Cross is a lie.
So, JLB....this explains why you only teach works, instead of redemption.
And i'll have you know that to publicly deny the blood atonement of Jesus Christ, is a very dangerous thing to do.
And isnt it interesting that you and Jethro Bodine always work as a team here on this forum.....
If i were you, JLB..... i'd delete what you just wrote, asap.
Really.<

K

Go ahead and show me the scriptures that teach the blood of Christ "atonement".

The blood of animals, under the law of Moses, "covered" or "atoned" for the peoples sins.

Atonement in the OT, from the Strongs has a one word meaning: atonement.

Atonement Strong's H3725 - kippur

atonement

This word comes from the root word - kaphar
Strong's H3722 - kaphar

to cover, purge, make an atonement, make reconciliation, cover over with pitch
  1. (Qal) to coat or cover with pitch

2. (Piel)
    1. to cover over, pacify, propitiate
    2. to cover over, atone for sin, make atonement for
    3. to cover over, atone for sin and persons by legal rites
  3. (Pual)
    1. to be covered over
    2. to make atonement for
  4. (Hithpael) to be covered

The only point I'm making is that the blood of Christ, removes, or takes away our sin, which is to say it purifies us of sin, in away the blood of bulls and goats could not.

For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.
Hebrews 10:1-4

The only place in the New Testament the English word atonement is used [KVJ], is Romans 5:11

And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
Romans 5:11 NKJV

And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
Romans 5:11 KJV

reconciliation, atonement - Strong's G2643 - katallagē

1. exchange
    1. of the business of money changers, exchanging equivalent values
  2. adjustment of a difference, reconciliation, restoration to favour
    1. in the NT of the restoration of the favour of God to sinners that repent and put their trust in the expiatory death of Christ

the other three places katallagē is used in the new testament is rendered as the word reconciliation.

Which is why the NKJV renders this word in Romans 5:11 as reconciliation, and not atonement.

For if the casting away of them be the reconciling [G2643] of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Romans 11:15

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; [G2643]
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling [G2644] the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. [G2643] 2 Corinthians 5:18-19

The Point: The blood of Jesus takes away, or purifies, or cleanses us of sin, not covers out sin, like the blood of bulls and goats.

This point actually favors your position [OSAS] of Christ has removed all of our sins, past, present, and future.

JLB

--
---

Let me do this for you.
PM me your mailing address, and i'll get my dictionary and locate the word "SAVED" in it, and highlight it in pink for you.
I"ll tear it out, and put it in an envelope and put a stamp on it and mail it to you so that you can study this word until you comprehend it, = what SAVED means.
Glad to do it for you.

Now here is this.. JB
Listen up.

1st Peter 1:3,4

'"""according to GOD's MERCY, = HE SAVED US".....Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy >>GOD has given us the new birth<<< into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,..and into an inheritance that >>>>can never perish, spoil or fade<<<. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you""

JB, this verse is explaining to you, specifically, why you are saved, who did it, and how you can never lose it.
1st) , Its Gods mercy given to you that saved you. ( not you keeping faith)......
2nd, GOD has given you the new birth.....and you cant be "unborn" again.
3rd...Salvation (Heavenly Inheritance) can never perish (you cant lose it)......as its "KEPT"" (By Jesus,= you are "IN CHRIST")....
So, that eternally settles it in Heaven, so that also eternally settles it on earth..
Try to get it now settled in your own doctrine and heart, JB..... so that you begin to agree with God, instead of trying to stumble believers here by trying to convince them that they have to keep themselves saved....
Galatians 1:8
And remember, its """""JESUS, "who is the author and finisher of our FAITH"..........and NOT YOU...
And its GOD who.... "began a good work in your and will COMPLETE IT."........ NOT YOU.
So, TRUST GOD through the Blood of Jesus, to complete your salvation, just like He said He would.
You can Trust HIM, JB........to finish what He started in you.
-
-

K
Lovely.
Are you purposely choosing to simply restate your argument and not address the two points I brought up about your argument?

Back