Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What does the bible say about False teachers?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Faith alone, sorry Martin Luther, you were wrong. Catholics want to go by works to get to purgatory or heaven or whatever they believe, Lutherans echo, faith alone and we are saved, as they sit in their pews and do their once in a week duty.

Work without faith is nothing, and faith without works is dead. I was talking to someone at work, and she said, "I am 100 percent saved." as she was laughing about a dirty joke she told out of the daily newspaper. I said, "Those who endure until the end will be saved." Are you getting in the word." She says, "No, but I praise Him." I said, "Get in the word, you'll have more to praise Him with."

See, believism as you say, faith without works. Not just doing the word but reading it to find out what He wants from us. She honors Him with her lips, but her heart is in the newspaper and smutty jokes. It is well and good, we have been there, but I must say something, it is my duty.

I work with my ex-wife, her being general manager, and me a nobody who just happens to flip some burgers and share whatever pours out of my heart. My ex-wife goes about asking people are you okay with what he talks about. I think, why is she go fearful. You bet one day I told her "Get behing me, satan, your an offense to me." I really care for her, but her fear of keeping her job with me just being me is repulsive. I will bear my own guilt, not her. She has told me to not do it, but I just tell her that I can only speak about what I have seen and heard.

It is like, I am doing what I am supposed to do, as you guys were talking about, and Cain in her, because her actions are not righteous, and because of fear, she lashes out in her authority to kill me spiritually. Now, she is not a terrible person and she is starting to taper back a little bit because she sees me even evangelizing right to the owner of the place and what can he do about it. She may fear him, but I do not. What can man do to me? I have been without a job lately. It hurt, but oh well. If he is the Christian man that he presents himself to be, then he will not be offended by the word: Go into all the world and preach the gospel....

This goes to show that even in the pharisaical camp, there are murderers, jealousie, and all those works of the flesh, but like my ex-wife, there are also some Nichodemuses that are not born of God and need to know. They are wimps that go out by night to talk about it away from the others, because it might just get them killed as well. Now, this is not fear of being killed, but a fear of maybe getting fired and going against the word that says, "He made woman for the man, and not man for the woman." If I do not follow the Lord, do not even be around me, but if I do, GET IN LINE with the word. Be blessed.

Faith will make you feel like running towards an army. 1 can put a thousand to flight and two ten thousand, but I do not think I am ready for those odds. I will work with one at a time. But, one homosexual, or one atheist, seems to put a whole body to flight. That is pathetic. I am glad to hear when someone stands up to an atheist or tells a homosexual that God loves them, and the Holy Spirit wants to do something to take away that sin. Jesus loves them, I have done this myself a couple times. As for gay marriage, our marriages don't even seem to last in the church. At least we can set an example. I do not think that gay marriage is right, but maybe they could show us how to stay together. Sad but true.

what I'd like to know is how many false teachers do we have.
It seems that 50%? of the posts here are in disagreeance with the other 50%.
So where does that put the modern scholars and wisemen?
Bit thought provoking.

Avondale said:
what I'd like to know is how many false teachers do we have.
It seems that 50%? of the posts here are in disagreeance with the other 50%.
So where does that put the modern scholars and wisemen?
Bit thought provoking.

Thought provoking??? Not a bit. And you are way off the %age, as Matt. 7 + Rev. 17:1-5 [Document]!
And one talks about 'feeling' saved or whatever? TRUE FAITH goes by THE TEN COMMANDMENT PRINCIPLES, not 'feelings'. Christ death on the Cross was A MORAL PRINCIPLE OF LOVE that He in FAITH OBEYED feeling miserable.

So NO, excitement, noise, feeling in the mood +, is satan's false way for ones to think that all is well, when it is not!

So again: True Agape Love is a Born Again [REQUIRED] Principle, one is to OBEY God if they feel good or not!

--Elijah

Elijah674 I'm just simply making an observation.
Reading the many posts here one doesn't need to have any biblical understanding to know that people are at odds about what is what. God gave us a brain and we can read and so that is where I make my observation.
He also gave us the Holy Spiirt and that was before we had 'The Bible' as we know it.
I am not for one minute saying the Bible is irrelevant but when people argue and get quite heated about their views it is obvious that things aint right.
I didn't know we had to defend God - He is more than capable of doing that. Not sure if that is even on His mind/ agenda?
So where does some of this come from? 'Religious spirits' ? Domination? False Teaching?
I would challenge any one that if something gets 'up your nose' then look and see why?
I have come to learn that this is a good approach to life. I think Jesus politely referred it as a speck in the eye or a log in the eye. But then He didn't mince words.

Do we have Faith? Or do we have 'Religion?
How much of a 'pharisees' is within us?

When Jesus arrived on the scene He came to usher in a New and Living Way - that we should walk in it.
And he had millenia of Laws, Traditions and Religious doctrine to counter.
We read about it in the Bible - its full of it.
And yet 2000 years later there is still a strong element of all that he argued against and actually DIED for, around us and within us.

We/I need to be open and honest and allow Him to reveal our true nature.

I would pass on what was offered to me many years ago when I was steeped in tradition, full of religious trollop and failed the good Samaritan test (amongst others)- 'lighten up lad'.
As my old dad would say 'If the cap fits....'

I'm not sure what the following has to do with my comment?
'And one talks about 'feeling' saved or whatever? TRUE FAITH goes by THE TEN COMMANDMENT PRINCIPLES, not 'feelings'. Christ death on the Cross was A MORAL PRINCIPLE OF LOVE that He in FAITH OBEYED feeling miserable. '
I hope you aren't meaning that literally? TRUE FAITH ? I didn't know it came from any written word pricipals - I thought it came from a one on one personal realtionship with Jesus Christ.
If in fact you do mean True Faith comes by way of THE TEN COMMANDMENT PRINCIPLES then I feel sorry that is how you understand it.
To any such inclined, I'd suggest try the other Way and experience true Faith in Jesus.

glorydaz said:

I realize that not everyone who claims to be Born Again is.

[15] Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
[16] This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

--Elijah

PS: The Eternal Covenant of Heb. 13:20 IS INDEED THE VERY 'EPISTLE' LOVE LETTER OF CHRIST TO US! 2 Cor. 3:3

Elijah674 said:
glorydaz said:

[15] Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
[16] This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

--Elijah

PS: The Eternal Covenant of Heb. 13:20 IS INDEED THE VERY 'EPISTLE' LOVE LETTER OF CHRIST TO US! 2 Cor. 3:3

If I'm reading you right, you're questioning my salvation.

If you're unable to recognize a believer then maybe you should be questioning your own. :chin

glorydaz said:
Elijah674 said:
glorydaz said:

--Elijah

If you're unable to recognize a believer then maybe you should be questioning your own. :chin

I will leave it at that. I was responding to a [post]. I do not know any one here & surely not their heart or growth.

If one of the posters are moved by the conviction of Rom. 8:14's Holy Spirit, it is not me having done so.

--Elijah

Elijah674 said:
glorydaz said:
Elijah674 said:

--Elijah

I will leave it at that. I was responding to a [post]. I do not know any one here & surely not their heart or growth.

If one of the posters are moved by the conviction of Rom. 8:14's Holy Spirit, it is not me having done so.

--Elijah

Really? And yet you saw fit to quote me?
Sorry if I'm not buying that one.

It's a good thing I'm assured of my salvation, isn't it? :biglaugh

Romans 8 said:
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Hebrews 10:15 and Heb. 13:20 and 2 Cor. 3:3 in one and the same post !

That's more than enough to spend a whole weekend with.

Indeed a Big love letter. And we suddenly understand why there will be peace in the millennium :)

Exod. 32
[15] And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written.
[16] And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.

Still there in Heaven's Most Holy Place!
1 John 3
[4] Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
+ 1 John 2
[3] And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
[4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Rev. 12
[17] And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev.
[11] He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
[13] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
[14] Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
[15] For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

1 John 5:3  For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2 John 1:6  And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Elija674 (and others) - Do we live this side of the Cross or before the Cross?

I'm curious why all this dialogue about things that were to come and have now (since) come to pass and have now been surpassed by His Grace.

I am also curious why so often we hear an ancient and archaic language spoken when it comes to 'Holy talk'.
Its not a language that many understand these days and yet many persist in it.
Then when we talk about the washing machine or the weather its back to English or our 2010 modern lingo.

The question is about false teachers.
Just what is a 'false teacher'?
A defenition on that would be interesting.

A false teacher is someone who bases truth on man and his multiple religions and not the Word of God which must be revealed by God's Spirit within not religion without. Too much of religious men follow religion and are anti Christ, which also means anti anoiting. God's Word is a progressive Word, not a historical religious dogma.

Avondale said:

I'm curious why all this dialogue about things that were to come and have now (since) come to pass and have now been surpassed by His Grace.

I am also curious why so often we hear an ancient and archaic language spoken when it comes to 'Holy talk'.
Then when we talk about the washing machine or the weather its back to English or our 2010 modern lingo.

Avondale said:

Praise the Lord we live this side of the cross.

Sin was taken care of at the cross.
In my opinion, false teachers are those who insist something must be added to Christ's work on the cross, or His work was not sufficient to save and to keep those who are His. A gift has been given...we have access to that free gift by faith in Jesus Christ. To assume man can add to what Christ has accomplished is demeaning to our Lord and Saviour.

False teachers hear man, religion, dogma's; the last thing they hear is the Christ with in.

There first love.

Elijah674 said:
Exod. 32
[15] And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written.
[16] And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.

Still there in Heaven's Most Holy Place!
1 John 3
[4] Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
+ 1 John 2
[3] And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
[4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Rev. 12
[17] And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev.
[11] He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
[13] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
[14] Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
[15] For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
I had a vision when I first accepted Jesus Christ. God was writing the commandments with lightning from His finger, and Jesus opened up the Lamb's book of life.

--Elijah with:

'PRESENT/DAY' Truth! (for false teachers!)

1 Sam. 10 5-9 in part.. '..when thou art come thither to the city, that thou shalt meet a company of prophets coming down from the high place with a psaltery, and a tabret, and a pipe, and a harp, before them; and they shall prophesy:
[6] And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into [another man.]
[9] And it was so, that when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, [[God gave him another heart:]]

(Christ said [YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN]! John 3:3
And the today ones say that [they are OSAS] promising them ETERNAL LIFE!
(2 Peter 2:18-22! READ IT!!)

And 1 Sam. 16 we find that the HOLY SPIRIT WAS REMOVED!
[12] And he sent, and brought him in. (David) Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he.
[13] Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David [from that day forward.] So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.

[14] But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.
(and one can QUICKLY find what these [GOD/Less & LOVE/LESS] ones became after this! See the N.T. of Acts 5's [LIARS] to the Holy Ghost! And what Law of the Godhead condemned this! 1 John 3:4 IS STILL THERE!! )

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back