Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What does the term "flesh" mean?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Very GOOD!;)

But what does RENEWING mean!

Titus 3:5 (KJV 1900)
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

--Elijah
It means to be taught who the "NEW CREATION in Christ" is, by washing away "with the Word" the knowledge of the old man. The "renewing" of the mind, is to bring the mind into the knowledge of who we are in Christ. Seated with Him, "as He is so are we"

"In Him we have no sin, we cannot sin" It is going from a man of flesh, to who we are in the spirit, who we really are in Christ.

Just got off work Edward, would you like me to continue on the "walk in the spirit"?

I just walked in from work too. I can't believe I was working this late on a saturday! :screwloose

I want to get inspected Monday so it was for a good cause. Well, aside from the money, lol.

To answer your question, yes. Let's toss this around some. Good topic.
Well lets start hear again, how does one "receive" the Spirit?
Ga 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

You know Edward the best example of one who is "walking in the Spirit" is not those who have been in the church for years and become religious, it is that just forgiven "new born-again" believer. They are aware of Gods Grace towards them and their condition of being clean and forgiven, loved and blessed in Gods grace. Then most often it is religion that comes and lays yokes and burdens upon the grace of God. Paul asked of the Gal "where is the blessedness" that he had seen in them? This "blessedness" is what we see when we see one who walks in the Spirit.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back