Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

What does the term "flesh" mean?

Now I believe that the Holy Spirit Himself has taught me the truth of these scriptures, and He must be the teacher in all things.

This "intuitive knowledge" of God is not found in these passages, although they could be suggested.

I am not saying and I don't read Andrew as saying "intuitive knowledge" that is without God. The scripture says that "God revels Himself". And on top of that any "intuitiveness or consciousness" that man has is because God made him that way, God is man's Creator. So man has no place for pride in any of it. Thus eliminating the "works" of man. Man is only responding to the 'works' of God.

I return your affection as a brother in Christ, who I believe is sincere in his search for the truths of God as I, myself am. Blessings, Deb
@Deborah13 :

Interesting; what do you understand by 'intuitive knowledge'? or maybe it's not your original thought.

Maybe my question is for @George Muller .

Blessings.
Well brother I do not like the term as religion has use this term. I think we can say that man was made to know God and search for God in His creation. I believe creation is a unbending witness to the truth of a Creator. But God made Himself first known through faith to those like Enoch, Abraham etc... Unto the Law given by Moses, and to take these passages out of that context, is just error in my view. Blessings

What ever you define flesh as it is corrupt. Flesh and blood(thats everyone alive) cannot inherit the kingdom of God. There is a natural body and there is a spirital body and God creates both.

What ever you define flesh as it is corrupt. Flesh and blood(thats everyone alive) cannot inherit the kingdom of God. There is a natural body and there is a spirital body and God creates both.
Not sure of your point? The "natural" body that comes from the seed of Adam, is indeed corrupt. We will one day have a new incorruptible body. But for now we are spiritual beings in a body of sin, thus we have the scriptures that teach us to "walk in the spirit" and not in the "flesh".

Not sure of your point? The "natural" body that comes from the seed of Adam, is indeed corrupt. We will one day have a new incorruptible body. But for now we are spiritual beings in a body of sin, thus we have the scriptures that teach us to "walk in the spirit" and not in the "flesh".

How do the Scriptures teach us to walk in the spirit?

Nice post Edward and it answers the WHY. The question was HOW do the scriptures teach us to walk in the Spirit?

The question was HOW do the scriptures teach us to walk in the Spirit?

We know the analogy of a branch having been grafted onto a tree. What is it that the twig needs? The very things of life that are supplied to it. That's the how. As we follow and obey the living Word of God engrafted is the supplier of life itself. The lessons taught become life to us. To those who reject? Sadly, the rejection is of life itself. Consider light and darkness, is there any struggle? If we continue we shall be saved. We are not of those who turn back.

But those of the 'flesh' will resent their sins being exposed and may turn away to their shame. Those born of God continue to walk with Jesus as their example and simply confess their sin while they press in knowing that God rewards those who seek Him. Seeking God shows our trust in Him. Our Faith, which we may act upon, leads us out of "them" so that we become not just of 'they who are called,' but also those who are in truth 'they who are called out (of sin)."

I can teach those who have "faith" in the Word. For the Word is Spirit and if one will abide in the Word and live according to the Word and not according to the flesh, they can learn to always be in the Spirit. Of course they must have the Spirit. Best example of scripture is this;

Ga 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Now it was by the hearing and faith in the Word, that these believers received the Spirit, but they turned back to the flesh. They looked to the natural and the carnal. As Paul wrote we "look not at the things which are seen but are not seen" We set our mind on things above.

If there is a real interest by some to learn to walk in the Spirit, I will continue? But these pearls, I do not cast before those who are looking for religious debate.

I can teach those who have "faith" in the Word. For the Word is Spirit and if one will abide in the Word and live according to the Word and not according to the flesh, they can learn to always be in the Spirit. Of course they must have the Spirit. Best example of scripture is this;

Ga 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Now it was by the hearing and faith in the Word, that these believers received the Spirit, but they turned back to the flesh. They looked to the natural and the carnal. As Paul wrote we "look not at the things which are seen but are not seen" We set our mind on things above.

If there is a real interest by some to learn to walk in the Spirit, I will continue? But these pearls, I do not cast before those who are looking for religious debate.

Just the two 'free' choices to start with. Acts 5:32 has the starting place that [must] be applied first!

--Elijah

Just the two 'free' choices to start with. Acts 5:32 has the starting place that [must] be applied first!

--Elijah
Yes this warning was spoken to legalist, who do not obey. The "obedience" of the gospel is that obedience of faith. "the law is not of faith"

Ro 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: {for obedience...: or, to the obedience of faith }
Ro 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

please get a clue!

--Elijah
Yes this warning was spoken to legalist, who do not obey. The "obedience" of the gospel is that obedience of faith. "the law is not of faith"

Ro 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: {for obedience...: or, to the obedience of faith }
Ro 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

please get a clue!

Get what??

please get a clue!

Your verse has an ETERNAL Gospel seen there! And what is inside the Ark is ETERNAL! [ten Commandments] Rev. 11:19

--Elijah

I see this is what comes first, then one receives the Holy Spirit.

Joh 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Your verse has an ETERNAL Gospel seen there! And what is inside the Ark is ETERNAL! [ten Commandments] Rev. 11:19

Don't forget the Mercy Seat. :)

Exo 25:21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.
Exo 25:22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

Num 4:5 And when the camp setteth forward, Aaron shall come, and his sons, and they shall take down the covering vail, and cover the ark of testimony with it:
Num 4:15 And when Aaron and his sons have made an end of covering the sanctuary, and all the vessels of the sanctuary, as the camp is to set forward; after that, the sons of Kohath shall come to bear it: but they shall not touch any holy thing, lest they die. These things are the burden of the sons of Kohath in the tabernacle of the congregation.

2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
2Co 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
2Co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

Don't forget the Mercy Seat. :)

Exo 25:21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.
Exo 25:22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

Num 4:5 And when the camp setteth forward, Aaron shall come, and his sons, and they shall take down the covering vail, and cover the ark of testimony with it:
Num 4:15 And when Aaron and his sons have made an end of covering the sanctuary, and all the vessels of the sanctuary, as the camp is to set forward; after that, the sons of Kohath shall come to bear it: but they shall not touch any holy thing, lest they die. These things are the burden of the sons of Kohath in the tabernacle of the congregation.

2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
2Co 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
2Co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
[MENTION=93058]Deborah13[/MENTION]:

The mercy seat: a great picture of the work of Christ for the believer.

Titus 3.5 comes to mind, also.

Blessings.

Very GOOD!;)

But what does RENEWING mean!

Titus 3:5 (KJV 1900)
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

--Elijah

--Elijah

please get a clue!

Get what??

please get a clue!

--Elijah
Come on? Faith is the commandment, and the LAW IS NOT OF FAITH.

Ro 16:25 ¶ Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Pauls gospel;

Ga 1:6 ¶ I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

Ga 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Back