Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What exactly do you believe?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Drew :biggrin

I can agree with your first paragraph. Well put. Thanks.

Shalom
Ted :biggrin

Cheryl :biggrin

You most certainly are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. If you can expound on yours I too have the same right.

Thanks

Shalom
Ted :biggrin

I am not a Christian.

I find it reasonable to accept the conclusion that the earth is 4.5 billion years old, though I will happily adjust my view pending new evidence.

Khristeeanos said:
By that I mean:

1. Are you a Christian?
2. Do you believe in a young or old earth?

*NOTE* I don't mean for this to become a discussion for the above topics, but merely as a reference for those who discuss topics in this forum.

It really helps me and others to understand what a person means when they post something if you know the answer to the above questions.

Thank you and please keep your posts in this thread to a simple:

1. Yes
2. Young

Anything else will be edited. :tongue

1. Christian
2. Old

Genesis 1:
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morningâ€â€the first day.

Since the earth was made in verse 1, it existed before the first day of creation. It was formless and empty, but it existed all the same. It sounds as if there was more than one creation, too.

1. Yes
2. I've never really made up my mind on this, but it doesn't really matter.

1. No, but I was born in a Christian society.
2. Old earth/universe.

I don't believe in Christianity, nor most the Bible, but I believe in God. The only part of the Bible which I believe is that God created life, i.e. s/he made the first living organism and designed it intelligently to evolve.

MrVersatile48 said:
http://www.crosswalk.com/pastors/11552410/

Worldviews: God Explains it All
Dr. Paul Dean

What do you believe and why do you believe it?

Let me take it a step further. The evolutionist says there is no God.

Ian
Evolution has nothing to do with whether there is a God or not. Evolution is about how organisms change over long periods of time. You can be an evolutionist and believe in God. In fact you can be an evolutionist and believe in the whole of the Bible.

The sticking point is on a literal interpretation. Not all of the Bible is meant to be taken literally. Take the books of Daniel and Revelations for example, or perhaps even the book of Job. There are even parts of Genesis that push the envelop regarding literal interpretation. Did Jacob really wrestle God to a draw? If it was God why didn't he know Jacob's name? (Genesis 32)

If you believe that the earth was created in six literal earth days and that the earth is only six millennia old then you are in conflict with evolution. Otherwise there is lots of room for everybody to be right.

Evolution does not diminish the accomplishments of God one iota. The complexity and diversity of life is a testimony to his creative power and genius. It shows his planning went into things from their very beginning, until he got his intended outcomes. It is not hard for me to believe that God would see links in DNA where we don't (at least until fairly recently) and use the same building blocks for all of his creation. It is not hard for me to see that God could take eons to do things rather than to do things instantaneously. If you have ever seen a painter or sculptor at work, you would know the pleasure an artist gets from his work. God could have taken his time, not because he had to, but because he was delighted by his creation.

I am not saying that evolution is right and that creationism is wrong. I am just saying that there is plenty of room for agreement. It does have to be winner take all.

Blessings,
Dunamite

Hello,

My name is John Muise, I am a Christian born and raised in the greatest Country i think there is CANADA Eh. Lmao

Anywho enough foreplay. :biggrin

I believe very strongly that the earth is about 6,000 years old, It was created in 6 literal 24 hour days, and that Jesus is they way the truth and the light. I believe that the evolution theory as presented today is 100% false in every aspect with the exception of micro evolution, if it can so be called, I prefer it be called adaptation and nothing else because it confuses the kids.

I get most of my inspiration from Dr. Kent Hovind, Walt Brown Ph.D, Bruce Malone and Don Boys Ph.D.

:tongueointr: Dr. Kent Hovind http://www.drdino.com/
:tongueointr: Walt Brown Ph.D http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/
:tongueointr: Bruce Malone http://creationwiki.org/Bruce_Malone
:tongueointr: Don Boys Ph.D http://www.cstnews.com/

I am willing to talk about any topic under Stellar, Chemical, Cosmic, Organic, Macro and Micro Evolution also Geology, Physics and various branches from these main topics and back up my messages with the Bible.
I believe the Bible contains all factual material and i will continue to believe it till its proven wrong. (good luck)

Great resources: 1/10th of my library :)

Search for the Truth by Bruce Malone
Defending the Faith by Dr. Henry Morris
Darwin's Black Box by Michael J. Behe
Long War Against God by Dr. Henry Morris
Refuting Evolution by Dr. Jonathan Sarfati
In the Beginning by Walt Brown Ph.D
The Evolution Handbook by Vance Ferrell
Creation's Tiny Mystery by Robert Gentry
The Evolution of A Creationist by Dr. Jobe Martin

Romans 1:18-22...Professing to be wise, they became fools...

II Peter 3:3-6 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as [they were] from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of...

Psalms 139:14-16 "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made

God Bless!

1. Yes
2. Young

God said He created everything in six days and rested on the seventh, so I believe it how He says it.

Khristeeanos said:
1. Are you a Christian?
2. Do you believe in a young or old earth?
1. Yes

2. I believe Creation is the foundation of all God's saving plans, the beginning of the history of salvation that culminates in Christ.... when it happened is a job for science, so I don't care much if it is "young" or "old"... just that it "is".

1. Christian
2. YEC (but I don't think the entire universe was created 6000 years ago)

For those who claim that evolution "matters' to anyone who fully accepts the Bible -- I have a thread.

This is also for those who believe "evolution doesn't matter to fully accepting the Bible"

Bob

Cheryl said:
Actually I can speak against science, science has done a great deal to dispprove Jesus Christ & God the Father. Science is not a god of any kind in which I need to hold them up in honor.
No what the Bible says is the truth if science agrees that is good,

That is the same position many atheist Darwinists have taken like Richard Dawkins, Provine and Darwin.

All of the threads I have started here are full of evidence that this is really "the impression" that atheist darwinism is trying to get out -- "That actual science" is disproving God.

But think about it -- "2+2=4" does not actually disprove God.
Newtonian physics, trig, calculus, general relativity special relativity "do not disprove God" in any way shape or form.

Actual Biology - the study of biochemistry etc does nothing to "disprove God" in any way shape or form.

But if you take "made up stuff" like simpson's horse series published in the 1950's showing smooth evolutionary transitional forms from tree dwelling hyrax to modern day horse THEN you have a story "that contradicts the Bible" -- however it is fraud and atheist darwinists themselves admit to that today -- so they "switch to other stories" in an endless shell game.

My posts and subject threads are filled with proof of this attempt to wrap junk-science in the cloth of real science.

As Chrisitans we need to take a hard look at those "inconvenient facts" that the Darwinists "must ignore to remain faithful".

in Christ,

Bob

Re:

Cheryl said:
Yes i posted twice, but i just wanted to say i am a Christian saved by His grace. & I know in my heart that the earth is at least 6 thousand yrs maybe entering its 7 thousand.
I'll never believe in a big bang, unless you want to say that is what He sounds like.
:B-fly:

In "the Big Bang" (God speaks and then) suddenly within about 5 MINUTES (even according to atheist cosmologists) the ENTIRE UNIVERSE Pops Into EXISTENCE faster than the speed of light filling up space time out to a distance of more than 130 billion lightyears completely stablized in terms of the gradient for background radiation.

I find it hard to believe that Christians would want to oppose such a theological argument by Cosmologists. I am sure you would agree that the "big bang" part of the story is "perfect".

in Christ,

Bob

BobRyan said:
1. Christian

Does that mean you think the earth was created 6000 years ago and the rest of the Universe is much older?

Deep Thought said:
BobRyan said:
1. Christian

Does that mean you think the earth was created 6000 years ago and the rest of the Universe is much older?

I think all life on earth came about 6000 years ago in a literal 7 day week, that the Sun has only been "a light in the sky" for 6000 years and that the earth's division between land and water came about 6,000 years ago. It may also be that earth itself was "formed" 6000 years ago - and it may be that planets in our solar system were created 6000 years ago -- (cetainly they could not have appeared as stars in the sky without a sun that was giving light).

I think the rest of the universe is older than that.

in Christ,

Bob

I believe that book of Genesis is a literal historical document provided to us by GOD. The age of the Earth/Universe is whatever it was originally created by GOD to be (completely perfect and established ecological system). I believe we presently live under the curse of the FALL of Adam. And I am a Christian saved by GOD's grace.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back