Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What exactly do you believe?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
1. Yes.
2. Old.

Answering "Old" only reflects the way I'm used to think about these things. The older I get myself, the less convinced I am. How do we know anything for sure? I'd like to quote Job, the very verse that I admire:

Job 38:33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?

This verse isn't directly connected with the age of our planet, but I like the idea behind God's questions to Job.

Why have I not posted a comment in here before?!?!?

1: Nope!
2: Around 4.5 billion (which is technically young considering the age of the universe :biggrin )

1. Christian
2. Nearly 6000 years old, which is relatively old, since most people don't even see 90...

1. I don't believe God would be so petty as to be defined by a religion. I've always considered faith to be a reflection of ones own self inspired vainity. And with that being said, I can say that i believe in God, not religion, therefor I have no religion. I think the real shame is that religion has to be a priority, considering that heaven is supposed to be within thy self, not the church, or mosque, or just whatever.

2. The Book of Enoch says the Earth was swallowed up. People such as Neil Adams say that the earth is growing. However if what some say is true and that the planet Taimat did in fact come into contact with earth as the Book of Enoch woud sudjest, then since this planet Taimat is also said to have been made up of Salt Water, the interaction of the two would support the great flood. This would be so as the gravity of the two planets were intertwined, thus dumping billions of gallons onto the earth. Breaking the techtonic plates by sheer force alone. However at the same time the weight being shifted from one planet to the other would explain the asteroid belt between Jupiter and Mars as the remaining half of Taimat was cast back out.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Yes
2. I agree with the above poster that "young" is in the eye of the describer... but based on the subject: "young"

1. Yes
2. Old- About 4.45 billion years. Life started 3.8 billion years ago. Those simple cells evolved into the animals, plants, and humans we know today.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back