Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What I don't likes about the Word of Faith Movement

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Some times we say the same things using different verbiage ... sorta like.. couch.. sofa.. divan .davenport .are all the same thing
Some folks have dinner, some supper... ,

That might depend on the persons understanding....

I understand that, but an individuals' understanding does not change the original meaning of a passage.

If someone sees a verse one way and then suddenly sees that verse in a different light, it doesn't mean that verse suddenly has 2 meanings.

God has many meanings or levels of His truth in each scripture.

This is the comment that I'm working off of.

I don't agree with it.

I understand that, but an individuals' understanding does not change the original meaning of a passage.

If someone sees a verse one way and then suddenly sees that verse in a different light, it doesn't mean that verse suddenly has 2 meanings.

This is the comment that I'm working off of.

I don't agree with it.

Gary, when the Holy Spirit teaches, He teaches what is needed at the moment and again, as I recall, without checking, I said the new understand/meaning or so on, does not conflict with what has already been taught by the Spirit. I'll add that if there is a conflict, one needs to check the spirit they are hearing against the Word of God.

No Christian can be indwelt by another spirit but all of us can be influenced by Satan and his demons and there by requiring our contextual reading of the scriptures. And by this testing, allowed by the Father but never executed by Him, is that we become better grounded in the faith and, repeatedly, I see God's forgiveness demonstrated when we ,mess up and do not check what we received against what God has said and had recorded for our edification.

That might depend on the persons understanding....
Personally i prefer they way you say it.. while understanding the other way as being the same thing... :)
Reba
This has been a most interesting study / discussion. I have more to say on a knowledge base, but wisdom is telling that if I share; it might be used as ammunition by both sides.

Knowledge, by itself, is just part of the whole.

eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back