Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What Is A Conspiracy Theory??

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Most those words are synonyms for conspire I put together for fun..

It almost made sense in a governmental type of way, lol.

We have pages and pages of folks speaking of how corrupt the government is that argument does not fly..

I call bs on this, lol. Only in the most generalized sort of way. Mention one specific and boom.

Personally i dont have a problem discussing the dumb or smart conspiracies.. When i agreed to become part of staff i agreed to abide by the TOS to the best of my abilities, that was my responsibility i did not take them lightly . IT was not personal i personally think they are fun topic...

I know. It comes down from above lol.

Any person who has had kids knows when those kids start doing XYZ the trouble will erupt.. that is kinda the same thing about conspiracies it is not just what the OP post but the responses can go kookoo ..

Which is why civilwarbuff's suggestion made so much sense! ;)
Boot the rude ones, let the discussion continue...

There are tons of forums that welcome conspiracy topics .. the one that started after the topic split CFnet did not last long..

Not Christian sites! This is who we are. That's why it makes so little sense. Question: Do you think the bible describes a conspiracy?

No the scriptures are facts not wanna be or could be facts .. They are Truth not some ones idea of truth.

I didn't ask if it describes a conspiracy theory, I asked if it describes a conspiracy.

There's conspiracy theory and there's conspiracy fact. Let's establish that.

If you don't see a conspiracy to draw you away from God, then you must not read...?

It states it, describes it, warns about it, and tells us how to combat it.

You are becoming rude :)

Please don't be so thin skinned. I'm tryin to get a handle on things and thought a little general discussion in an adult way could be handled. I'm sorry if I offended you, but...you're a big girl and should be able to handle what amounts to constructive criticism.

And yet you can still say that with a smile on your face. Better than me that's for sure. That's all I wanted to say on this topic,.. I was just admiring your attitude about it. That's all.

Girls...oh go make me a sandwich, lol! Let the boys talk if you find it offensive.

The weirdest thing about it all is...We're Christians. This is a Christian site. We do believe in the Bible...and if you think that the bible doesn't describe a huge conspiracy theory on earth then you don't read. With all the deception in the world, one should be able to ask questions and discuss things. One guideline that you guys do seem to go by is...we're not allowed to discuss specific tactics of the enemy or even talk bad about the enemy.

Who's the enemy. Satan! Yeah, ok. But who is his people, who's he using on earth? In our nation, he's obviously;y using our Government. Our government is soo corrupt...but don't say that on CF.net or it'll get deleted. Sister, that's ridiculous. Do you believe scripture or not?

Not being able to compare scripture to our government for comparison and discussion is a shortcoming of this site. :sad
Conspiracy theories have little to no basis in reality, hence why they're incompatible with the Bible and, by extension, Christianity.

A conspiracy theory is an explanation of an event or situation that invokes an unwarranted conspiracy, generally one involving an illegal or harmful act carried out by government or other powerful actors. Conspiracy theories often produce hypotheses that contradict the prevailing understanding of history or simple facts. The term is often a derogatory one.[3][4][5]

According to the political scientist Michael Barkun, conspiracy theories rely on the view that the universe is governed by design, and embody three principles: nothing happens by accident, nothing is as it seems, and everything is connected.[6] Another common feature is that conspiracy theories evolve to incorporate whatever evidence exists against them, so that they become, as Barkun writes, a closed system that is unfalsifiable, and therefore "a matter of faith rather than proof".[7][8]
wiki

A repeated belief for which there is no supporting proof or evidence. Russian collusion with the Trump campaign is a good example. It is constantly repeated by people and media as true without any proof or evidence provided.

By your first sentence, there is no such thing as a conspiracy theory. "Unwarranted?" With what our government has done, anything imaginable warrants suspicion, lol

I have a wonderful example of a fact and I would love to share it...if you want, but what do I go by? It's not crackpot it is a conspiracy fact. Lots of proof. How bout you, Mods? Can I? WIll you delete it or no? Does anyone want an example of this? It happened years ago, but in our lifetimes.

I'm trying to do this right, lol Yes or no?

Conspiracy theories have little to no basis in reality, hence why they're incompatible with the Bible and, by extension, Christianity.

That's a ridiculous comparison brother. There's thousands of them. Some are crackpot some are not. So you can not blanket statement for something like that and expect it to make sense and hold water..to me at least, lol. Conspiracy and deception are our reality brother. They want your soul, to hurt God. Satan can't touch God, so he gives us crap instead. That's the biggest most real conspiracy of the entire planet and it doesn't really seem to be in dispute. For Christians at least, right? I believe in the truth of His word. It's a conspiracy alright, just not a theory.

Wide is the path for people who wont make it. Narrow and a few only will find life...no basis in reality?!! :hysterical

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back