Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What Is A Conspiracy Theory??

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Make a conspiracy theory out of this one.
Israel became a Nation 05-14-1948.
5+14+1948=1967.
1967 is the year of the six day war.
06-05-1967 to 06-10-1967.
6+5+6+7+8+9+10+1967=2018.
ISRAEL=9+19+18+1+5+12=64
06-04-2018 is the next big date!

Last edited:
I believe I was present when the administration decided to ban the conspiracy theories. It happened when some members came just for the sole purpose of debating them and caused some disruption. They came for the sole purpose of pushing their theories, and I recall their threads being unpleasant and devisive as some of the doctrinal debates on this forum.

My impression is that the rule was to shut that kind of behavior down before it got a foothold. Conspiracy theorists often act cagey like that, at least in my experience, and even when they don't, having active discussions on conspiracy theories often attracts that type. I think the administration felt they didn't want that to be a recurrent theme.

Last edited:
I believe I was present when the administration decided to ban the conspiracy theories. It happened when some members came just for the sole purpose of debating them and caused some disruption. They came for the sole purpose of pushing their theories, and I recall their threads being unpleasant and devisive as some of the doctrinal debates on this forum.

My impression is that the rule was to shut that kind of behavior down before it got a foothold. Conspiracy theorists often act cagey like that, at least in my experience, and even when they don't, having active discussions on conspiracy theories often attracts that type. I think the administration felt they didn't want that to be a recurrent theme.

That might just be the single most reasonable answer a mod has ever given me here, lol. Bravo Sister. They did good to bring you on.

impossible

You can choose to believe that if you want to Sister, but it don't make it so. There's a real spiritual war going on, so keep your eyes open and your sword sharp.

That is, if you have eyes to see and ears to hear. All you have to do is to take a look around you. Read the scripture, then read the newspaper...it reads the same! I guess not many people believe it. They do tell us that everything is ok. Everything wil be ok...we want things to be ok. I call that white picket fence syndrome. A term I coined! It's a nice for awhile, but it's not reality.

You believe in the Word...believe Jesus. Ok, well in Matthew 24, when those three Apostles came privately to Jesus asking what will be the signs of the end...the very first thing that Jesus said to them was, don't be deceived.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.../(KJV)

So you are wrong to make such a statement Sister. You don't have to believe me. Do you believe your Lord though? You gotta shake that white picket fence syndrome Sister.

You blow mind sometimes Sister. Sometimes your words can have such wisdom in them! And then other times you can come out with such stuff like this. I guess I do it too sometimes, lol.

You can choose to believe that if you want to Sister, but it don't make it so. There's a real spiritual war going on, so keep your eyes open and your sword sharp.

That is, if you have eyes to see and ears to hear. All you have to do is to take a look around you. Read the scripture, then read the newspaper...it reads the same! I guess not many people believe it. They do tell us that everything is ok. Everything wil be ok...we want things to be ok. I call that white picket fence syndrome. A term I coined! It's a nice for awhile, but it's not reality.

You believe in the Word...believe Jesus. Ok, well in Matthew 24, when those three Apostles came privately to Jesus asking what will be the signs of the end...the very first thing that Jesus said to them was, don't be deceived.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.../(KJV)

So you are wrong to make such a statement Sister. You don't have to believe me. Do you believe your Lord though? You gotta shake that white picket fence syndrome Sister.

You blow mind sometimes Sister. Sometimes your words can have such wisdom in them! And then other times you can come out with such stuff like this. I guess I do it too sometimes, lol.
I believe John Cougar sung about little pink houses and white picket fences, and we read in the bible where the streets will be paved with gold and there will be no more tears.
Nothing wrong with having some hope, and trying to live out that hope here on earth. Jesus even taught us to pray that when he says, "Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven".

So I don't think our dear sister is wrong about anything here and as Christians, we need to learn how to talk to one another in a respectful way that doesn't divide us upon our differences. It may be as simple as having enough respect for another that you would cherish their friendship more than the carnal desire to be right on any given subject.

lol ....when its proven it is no longer a conspiracy theory lol

I believe John Cougar sung about little pink houses and white picket fences, and we read in the bible where the streets will be paved with gold and there will be no more tears.
Nothing wrong with having some hope, and trying to live out that hope here on earth. Jesus even taught us to pray that when he says, "Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven".

So I don't think our dear sister is wrong about anything here and as Christians, we need to learn how to talk to one another in a respectful way that doesn't divide us upon our differences. It may be as simple as having enough respect for another that you would cherish their friendship more than the carnal desire to be right on any given subject.

Huh. I thought I was being respectful. I even made sure to give her a compliment at the same time I was kidding her that she has white picket fence syndrome. While I did make mention that she is wrong, I also went ahead and said that I myself say stupid things sometime too. I was actively trying to not hurt her feelings...but still talk like adults.

I apologize if you took it the wrong way. She makes comments to me too and I don't get butthurt. Calling me rude and stuff. It's just part of the discussion. This isn't kiddie garden though is it? You don't see the effort I made?

I suppose I failed again huh? Forgive me Brothers and Sisters. Wow.

Edward lighten up .. nope don't use me as an excuse to spout off your conspiracies .. I will try to leave you be.,.. it was fun :)

Edward lighten up .. nope don't use me as an excuse to spout off your conspiracies .. I will try to leave you be.,.. it was fun :)

I'm sorr ya'all, I know I said that I wouldn't post in here again,.. but oh the irony when Reba is the one telling somebody else that they need to lighten up. Lol, I never thought that I would see the day. :hysterical

It's ok to gossip?
I.mean I can and i have voted using gossip.news doesn't print all that it is bit it's still gossip.

Friends in the know.

I don't know. To me, calling something a "conspiracy theory" is a way of dismissing it, without digging too deep into the substance. Sometimes appropriate, sometimes...not so much.

My guess is that "conspiracy theories," like "radical ideas" and/or "crazy notions," simply fall well outside the parameters of whatever is considered "normal." I'm not into conspiracy theories myself, but I do get somewhat uncomfortable when unpopular ideas (and people...) are quickly dismissed and labeled. Kind of like...Goldwater was psychoanalyzed by the shirnks in '64, so now the shrinks have the "Goldwater Rule," where they're not supposed to be label politicians, but...Trump is polling in the low 30s, so lots of talking head shrinks are labeling him, anyway, just as they did Obama and...on and on it goes. Point there is that the labels they slap on Trump and others are basically to shut them up and dismiss and invalidate them, which is what calling an unpopular idea a "conspiracy theory" is all about, too.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back