Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

what is the millenium how when where

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Good and very important post of you. The LITERAL fulfillment of the prophecies above described is at door. The intention of our Lord JESUS Christ through the revelation above was to show to His people the last happenings of the END OF THE TIMES, time of the Apocalypse, and also of the last week of years, the week 70th Daniel 9:v.27, divided in two periods of 42 months or 1260 days.
My interpretation of Revelation 11:3 is the same of yours. As you said, "This verse is saying that the Gentiles or unbelievers would trample the people of God (the holy city) for 1260 days"(not 1260 years, for me).

The question is: Who is going to allow and authorize the Gentiles to trample the holy city of Jerusalem?
The Dragon will allow. But how
?
According Revelation 13:v.2-John says: And the Beast which I saw (the Beast of sea) was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion(these figures reveal the roots of the Beast of sea-a Gentile Beast, right?): and the Dragon -the Beast of earth- gave him his Power, and his Seat, and great Authority. Thus, with the fulfillment of this prophecy the Beast of sea-a Gentile Beast- will sit in the Throne of the false messiah in the holy city, and then the holy city will be trodden by multitudes of Gentile peoples of all nations. All the world will wonder after the Beast and they will worship the Dragon which gave power unto the Beast-to the Beast of sea-Revelation 13:3-4. (I think there will be a lot of religious tourism or tourist movement to Jerusalem)
NOTE: Sea mean waters, and waters mean peoples, and nations, and multitudes of all tongues-Revelation 17:v.15

My interpretation of JESUS's revelation is that: FIRST a Jewish false messiah will manifest himself in Israel, in LITERAL fulfillment of John 5:43-47, here JESUS prophesied concerning the appearance of a false messiah in Israel. In Revelation 13:v.11-18, around 65 years after His ascension, our LORD confirms the appearance of that ruthless false messiah and describes all his satanic works.
Paul apostle also prophesied about the manifestation of the false messiah, the esoteric, and kabbalistic and SPIRITIST false messiah of the Jews-2 Thes.2: 2-12. With this terrible happening there will be TWO religious Beasts working satanically on Earth, the Gentile MAN Beast of sea, and the Jewish MAN Beast of the earth, a Beast like a lamb with two horns, but speaks as Dragon-Revelation 13:v.11-18.
We were both posting at the same time. While I was writing I was wondering about the time of the gentiles ending. The gentile and one new man’s temple is inside us. The beast should have no place inside any of us.

eddif

Well sort of. LOL

1 Corinthians 15:31 kjv
31. I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

IMHO:
Paul confessing sins of flesh offered daily sacrifices.
No, it is not under the law written in stone, but the law in the new heart of flesh (which knows we sin). The gentile inclusion allows us gentiles (also) to know how to confess sins.

In the mind we serve the law of God.

King David said my sins are ever before me.

Paul said he died daily.

Today the one new man dies daily.

In the future things happen also. The age may have started years ago, but there are last days coming.

In the far past
In the past
In the future

We all see through a glass darkly, but we do see some. We do need the whole picture, but sometimes others see what we do not see as individuals.

Peter gave Paul credit for his input.

We are predestined to walk together in love.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Dying daily as Paul said in 1 Cor.15:31 is about warring against the flesh nature.
His reasoning is, if Jesus wasn't raised (vs.29), why are believers in peril (vs.30).
Why fight the good fight? We might as well live in sin (vs.32.)

How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Rom.6:2-3

David said his sins were always before him, not because he sinned daily, but because he needed to remember that he's no better than any other man,

And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified. Psa.143:2

The devil forgot that.

Good and very important post of you. The LITERAL fulfillment of the prophecies above described is at door. The intention of our Lord JESUS Christ through the revelation above was to show to His people the last happenings of the END OF THE TIMES, time of the Apocalypse, and also of the last week of years, the week 70th Daniel 9:v.27, divided in two periods of 42 months or 1260 days.
My interpretation of Revelation 11:3 is the same of yours. As you said, "This verse is saying that the Gentiles or unbelievers would trample the people of God (the holy city) for 1260 days"(not 1260 years, for me).

The question is: Who is going to allow and authorize the Gentiles to trample the holy city of Jerusalem?
The Dragon will allow. But how
?
According Revelation 13:v.2-John says: And the Beast which I saw (the Beast of sea) was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion(these figures reveal the roots of the Beast of sea-a Gentile Beast, right?): and the Dragon -the Beast of earth- gave him his Power, and his Seat, and great Authority. Thus, with the fulfillment of this prophecy the Beast of sea-a Gentile Beast- will sit in the Throne of the false messiah in the holy city, and then the holy city will be trodden by multitudes of Gentile peoples of all nations. All the world will wonder after the Beast and they will worship the Dragon which gave power unto the Beast-to the Beast of sea-Revelation 13:3-4. (I think there will be a lot of religious tourism or tourist movement to Jerusalem)
NOTE: Sea mean waters, and waters mean peoples, and nations, and multitudes of all tongues-Revelation 17:v.15

My interpretation of JESUS's revelation is that: FIRST a Jewish false messiah will manifest himself in Israel, in LITERAL fulfillment of John 5:43-47, here JESUS prophesied concerning the appearance of a false messiah in Israel. In Revelation 13:v.11-18, around 65 years after His ascension, our LORD confirms the appearance of that ruthless false messiah and describes all his satanic works.
Paul apostle also prophesied about the manifestation of the false messiah, the esoteric, and kabbalistic and SPIRITIST false messiah of the Jews-2 Thes.2: 2-12. With this terrible happening there will be TWO religious Beasts working satanically on Earth, the Gentile MAN Beast of sea, and the Jewish MAN Beast of the earth, a Beast like a lamb with two horns, but speaks as Dragon-Revelation 13:v.11-18.
I do agree with most of this, except I do not believe the son of perdition will be Jewish, but that needs to be another topic as I feel we are derailing this one about the millennium.

Good conversation with you :)

We were both posting at the same time. While I was writing I was wondering about the time of the gentiles ending. The gentile and one new man’s temple is inside us. The beast should have no place inside any of us.

eddif
Praised GOD.
As is written in Romans 8:v.28-30: -
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love GOD, to them who are the called according to His purpose.

29 For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. (- Hallelujah! -)

30 Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called: and whom He called, them He also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified. - ( Amen. This is wonderful, marvellous -)

I do agree with most of this, except I do not believe the son of perdition will be Jewish, but that needs to be another topic as I feel we are derailing this one about the millennium.

Good conversation with you :)
Thanks for your reply, I like it.
Let me just clarify: I said son of perdition is a Jewish based in John 17:v.12. JESUS said to the Father in His prayer: While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the Scripture (Old Testament) might be fulfilled.
And Paul Apostle also prophesied about this son of perdition who will manifest himself as God, as also prophesied Ezekiel (Old Testament).
In my view, the son of perdition is a former Cherub, Jesus spoke of him also in John 8:v.44.

But as you said, that needs to be another topic.

May our Lord GOD bless us in Christ Jesus. Amen

Ezekiel chapter 40 to 48. The millennium is christ kingdom, it's time of teaching and discipline for the spirtualty dead. The Zadok are priests, their Gods Elect. Romans chapter 8, ephesians chapter 1. Election are predestined, chosen before foundation of the world. The position cant be volunteered for. The election are destined to rule with Jesus during the millennium. Why the millennium??. Because the majority worshipped antichrist during 6th trump in the flesh. During millennium, Jesus is giving them one last chance to get with the program. At end of millennium, satan will test them. Many people will fail the test. Majority will reject Jesus and declare satan their king. The majority will follow satan into lake of fire, documentation, revelation chapter 20.

Reading these posts reminds me that the Great Apostasy is upon us. Or so close as to make no real difference.

False teachers will arise... and now walk among us.

If the Millennium is metaphor... where is the metaphor pointed out in the book of Revelation?
If a metaphor isn't pointed out... how can you say it is a metaphor? You would then be saying you know better than God what God meant to say.
Or are you calling John or Jesus a liar? If they didn't say what they meant to say they were either incompetent or lying.

So... is John or Jesus incompetent? Lying? Or is the metaphor explicitly mentioned?
If the answer to the above three questions is no... then the metaphor theory is error.
Or did I miss a fifth option?

1000 year period where believers reign with Christ as priests as per Revelation 20:5-7
Starting in Revelation 11:15 to 18:
15 - ... The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD are become the Kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (Matthew 5:5 - Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. And Revelation 5:10- And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and WE shall reign on the earth. And Daniel 2:44-45 and Daniel 7:v.27, and Luke 20:v.35-36, among other biblical references)

16 And the four and twenty elders (Revelation 4:4-5), which sat before GOD on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped GOD,

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord GOD Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come(Revelation 1:v.8); because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18 And the nations were(will be) angry, and thy wrath is come (this is already running), and the time of the dead, that they should be Judged, and that thou should give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great(Matthew 25:v.34); and should destroy them which destroy the earth.(Jeremiah 25:31-33 and 30:23-24. Check it.)

Those who are not in Christ at His return , are called the dead , as they can die the 2nd death , those who overcame will teach those who didn't before satan is released , no flesh involved as we will all be in our spritual bodies

According Luke 24:36, after His resurrection, JESUS himself stood in the midst of the disciples, and said unto them, Peace be unto you.

Dialogue between JESUS and His terrified and affrighted disciples: Luke 37-43
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38 And JESUS said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40 And when JESUS had thus spoken, He shewed them His hands and His feet.

41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Paul Apostle left clear, saying: Philippians 3:20-21

Our conversation is in heaven(heaven? read Ephesians 1:3); from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body(as above described-Luke24), according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself.

And Paul revealed more this things: 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 and 24 to 26:-
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 The END cometh, when JESUS shall have delivered up the Kingdom to GOD (Revelation 11:15-18 - post #109 above), even the Father; when He shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For JESUS must reign, till He hath put all enemies under His feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

1 Thessalonians 4:v.15-17

15 For this we say unto you by the Word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel (Daniel 12:1-3), and with the trump of GOD: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them...to meet the Lord...and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Matthew 25:6 - At midnight (in the cool or turn of the day) there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet Him. (NOTE: Well, go to meet HIM. We are in the cool of day, or, in the turn from the sixth to the seventh Day, or from the sixth to the seventh millennium)

Get ready

According Luke 24:36, after His resurrection, JESUS himself stood in the midst of the disciples, and said unto them, Peace be unto you.

Dialogue between JESUS and His terrified and affrighted disciples: Luke 37-43
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38 And JESUS said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40 And when JESUS had thus spoken, He shewed them His hands and His feet.

41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Paul Apostle left clear, saying: Philippians 3:20-21

Our conversation is in heaven(heaven? read Ephesians 1:3); from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body(as above described-Luke24), according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself.

And Paul revealed more this things: 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 and 24 to 26:-
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 The END cometh, when JESUS shall have delivered up the Kingdom to GOD (Revelation 11:15-18 - post #109 above), even the Father; when He shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For JESUS must reign, till He hath put all enemies under His feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

1 Thessalonians 4:v.15-17

15 For this we say unto you by the Word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel (Daniel 12:1-3), and with the trump of GOD: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them...to meet the Lord...and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Matthew 25:6 - At midnight (in the cool or turn of the day) there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet Him. (NOTE: Well, go to meet HIM. We are in the cool of day, or, in the turn from the sixth to the seventh Day, or from the sixth to the seventh millennium)

Get ready
Flesh and bones. The blood was sprinkled at his beating, and poured out at the cross.

We do enter his rest.

eddif

Flesh and bones. The blood was sprinkled at his beating, and poured out at the cross.
Praised be our Lord Jesus Christ.
As is written, without shedding of blood is no remission-Hebrews 9:22.
If the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling to the purifying of the flesh sanctified the unclean, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the Eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to GOD, purge our conscience from dead works to serve the living God. And for this cause JESUS is the mediator of the New Testament, ...Hebrews 9:13-15.

Hebrews 1:1-3 and 8

1 GOD, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days (last two days or 2000 years) spoken unto us by His Son, whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds; (Without JESUS was not any thing made that was made.)
3 Who being the brightness of His glory, and the EXPRESS IMAGE of GOD's Person, and upholding all things by the Word of His power, when He had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

8 - Unto the Son, GOD saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Hallelujaaah!

We do enter his rest.
It's wonderful, praised be our Lord JESUS Christ.

Ephesians 1:3 to 6

3 Blessed be the GOD and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us (the Gentiles) unto the ADOPTION of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, (references - John 1:12-14 and 10:16)

6 To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the Beloved.

Amen

Back