Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

What is the right way to interpret Jesus' teachings regarding divorce?

Seriously? Even if your husband was abusing your child as well?

I honestly can't believe you guys that God just expects us to take the abuse instead of getting out of the relationship altogether! Well, I certainly don't. Not the Lord I serve. He loves us way too much to keep us in harm's way. Well hopefully none of us have to go through that anyway. I wouldn't wish that upon anybody. No offense or anything but I'm really starting to worry about a person's sanity when they tell me they would stay with somebody no matter what even if they were getting abused.

I didn't say that it is a directive of God's to stay married in an abusive relationship.
But simply that many "sane" people do due to hope... and we worship the God of Hope.

And just to add a further point...
No where in scriptures does it say that we are to hate the heathen unbelievers.
In fact while we were unbelievers God chose to love us enough to die for us.

So if a Christian chooses to love and marry an atheist... okay...not a sin. It isn't recommended, but it isn't a sin.

:goodpost

Amazing isn't is to be attacked, implied ones sanity is lost , for believing/accepting/trying to follow, what the Scriptures say? On a Christian forum?

I didn't say that it is a directive of God's to stay married in an abusive relationship.
But simply that many "sane" people do due to hope... and we worship the God of Hope.

I got to admit that's rather a good point. And Reba you know darn well that I wasn't trying to attack you or anybody here. After all, even John just said that he wasn't saying that God expects to have to stay in an abusive situation.

Seriously? Even if your husband was abusing your child as well?

I honestly can't believe you guys that God just expects us to take the abuse instead of getting out of the relationship altogether! Well, I certainly don't. Not the Lord I serve. He loves us way too much to keep us in harm's way. Well hopefully none of us have to go through that anyway. I wouldn't wish that upon anybody. No offense or anything but I'm really starting to worry about a person's sanity when they tell me they would stay with somebody no matter what even if they were getting abused.
I got to admit that's rather a good point. And Reba you know darn well that I wasn't trying to attack you or anybody here. After all, even John just said that he wasn't saying that God expects to have to stay in an abusive situation.

Above are your words tell me again how about not attacking.. .

You know Reba I do honestly wish you wouldn't get offended by every little thing I say. Especially when my true intentions are about your safety and in your best interest. Love can be painful sometimes. But if you can't stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen. I'm only telling you how it is,..sorry if I offended you with it but you really need to learn to grow a thicker skin like I did. People are going to disagree with you. In the words of Frank Sinatra,.. that's life.

You know Reba I do honestly wish you wouldn't get offended by every little thing I say. Especially when my true intentions are about your safety and in your best interest. Love can be painful sometimes. But if you can't stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen. I'm only telling you how it is,..sorry if I offended you with it but you really need to learn to grow a thicker skin like I did. People are going to disagree with you. In the words of Frank Sinatra,.. that's life.
You dont offend me, i am sorry for you and other young people .. As for my safety i will trust the Lord. Love can truly be painful when truth is spoke it is way to often considered hate.. The Scripture say what they do.. Sadly today's Christians wish to alter God's Word to fit the society , keeping God's word out the kitchen.. So we can quote Frank and ignore the Scriptures , how very sad ..
once again, you do not offend me my heart breaks for you ...

What?? In case you haven't realized it before I have quoted scriptures and I just did a few posts back remember? It's not like I'm ignoring it altogether. I would like to think that me being a twenty-eight year old you would be impressed that I even know who the late great Frank Sinatra is lol I know my mother certainly was. Michael B. (no idea how to spell his last name lol) is sort of like the modern day Sinatra I think.

What?? In case you haven't realized it before I have quoted scriptures and I just did a few posts back remember? It's not like I'm ignoring it altogether. I would like to think that me being a twenty-eight year old you would be impressed that I even know who the late great Frank Sinatra is lol I know my mother certainly was. Michael B. (no idea how to spell his last name lol) is sort of like the modern day Sinatra I think.
As stated my heart breaks for you .

Michael Bolton?

No Bublee or something like that lol. Good guess though and Reba one more little piece of advice for you. And I mean this out of love sister. Lighten up. Seriously. Put a smile on your face every once in awhile. It works wonders. Are you honestly telling me that your heart is broken because I like listening to Frank Sinatra? That dude is a legend man!

No that is not why.. Seems to me you are beyond understanding.. The powers that be around here they know of what i am talking. they choose to be still ...

Yeah you're right. I'm beyond understanding. I'm beyond understanding why hypothetically speaking you would stay with a man that would try to beat you to death and put your child in harm's way by doing so. Anybody who does that better hope that the child protection agency doesn't come after them. Just saying.

Actually people do it all the time and are quite sane. It's a bad decision. I know, I've done it.

At least you know it's a bad decision though. I don't know who on earth taught Reba in Sunday school, but somebody wasn't doing their job if she thinks God would want her to stay in that kind of a relationship if it happened to her.

No that is not why.. Seems to me you are beyond understanding.. The powers that be around here they know of what i am talking. they choose to be still ...
She holds a different understanding of Theology. And it does have a kind of logic to it.

Now you know that I am not the "Theology Police" and that so long as it isn't a salvation issue...we don't take sides.

And as I posted earlier...there are some things that have as yet been addressed.

Yeah you're right. I'm beyond understanding. I'm beyond understanding why hypothetically speaking you would stay with a man that would try to beat you to death and put your child in harm's way by doing so. Anybody who does that better hope that the child protection agency doesn't come after them. Just saying.

Reba hasn't had to endure that. (Hopefully. One might surmise)

And there's all sorts of circumstances, and difficulties, in marriages and everything else. Some situations really aren't that bad, and really do get better. There's quite a lot to be said for our efforts in faithfulness.

Some situations really are that bad, and as another poster said they are trying to kill you. Cops are trained to see everything this way. Not everything is like that.

Life is complicated.

She holds a different understanding of Theology. And it does have a kind of logic to it.

Now you know that I am not the "Theology Police" and that so long as it isn't a salvation issue...we don't take sides.

And as I posted earlier...there are some things that have as yet been addressed.

John, I know. I just sent you a PM.

Back