Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What is the 'work' that may or may not get burned up in 1 Corinthians 3:8-16?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
No Angel was ever given this opportunity. ...""" You must be born again".. 1 John 3:7
  1. (not even a fallen one).

Why are WE (the born again).... called the "children of God" and Angels are never called this, ever?
    An angel is never referred to by the Word of God or by Jesus, as a "child of God". John 10:34, Psalm 82:6
    An angel is never referred to as a part of the "Body of Christ" or the "Bride of Christ" or the "Church" or the "Church of God"..
    And angel is never referred to as a "joint heir with Christ". Romans 8:17
    And angle is not found "sitting in heavenly places with Christ", as are the born again. Eph 2:6
    An angel is never referred to as a "Saint" or a "Brother", or "Brethren". Eph 2:19
    But the born again believers ARE referred to as all of these, and more.
    But NEVER the angels.
    Never.
    And , where did Jesus ever say an angel was His FRIEND?
    But He said to believers, "i call you FRIEND".
    Did you notice all this??
  2. So, angels are "sons', yet
  3. Not in the same way that Jesus as the 2nd Adam is a human deity.
  4. See, your idea is that "sons" is all inclusive, and if that is so, then Angels and Jesus are the same, as Jesus is God's "Son" has no scripture to back it up.
    A Christian will be "conformed to the image of Christ", upon reaching heaven, and not "conformed to the image of an Angel". Romans 8:29

Now,
    Why are WE (the born again).... called the "children of God" and Angels are never called this, ever?
  5. Why?
    An angel is never referred to by the Word of God or by Jesus, as a "child of God".
    An angel is never referred to as a part of the "Body of Christ" or the "Bride of Christ" or the "Church" or the "Church of God"..
    And angel is never referred to as a "joint heir with Christ".
    And angle is not found "sitting in heavenly places with Christ", as are the born again.
    An angel is never referred to as a "Saint" or a "Brother", or "Brethren".
    But the born again believers ARE referred to as all of these, and more.
    But NEVER the angels.
    Never.
    And , where did Jesus ever say an angel was His FRIEND?
    But He said to believers, "i call you FRIEND". John 15:15
    Did you notice all this??

What I noticed is you haven't answered my question.

Are angels, as sons of God part of the family of God? Yes or No?

[edited]
These are sons of God.

The angel's who were disobedient in the days of Noah were also son's of God.

JLB

Last edited by a moderator:
One more thing to consider: Christ never died for angels.

Heb 1:5 - For to which of the angels did He ever say, “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”? And again, “I will be a Father to Him And He shall be a Son to Me”?

This is a reference to Christ, who is the only begotten of the Father.

Which makes your point irrelevant.

[edited]

JLB

Never said there was. What I did say is that devils are involved with every sin in man including the sins of believers. I take this to be common knowledge among believers. 1 John 3:8.
The question that remains to yet be answered is how any of this is related to the issue of eternal security.

I said this:
"The view that the "messenger of Satan" has any involvement in one's salvation has no support from Scripture."
Never said it was.
Well, that has not been made clear at all. Then why keep bringing up this messenger of Satan in the discussion of eternal security??

I do know from scriptures that God has bound all to disobedience in order to demonstrate His Mercy. So to that extent the spirit of disobedience serves it's purposes. Romans 11:32, Eph. 2:2.
This is still quite murky. Is this "spirit of disobedience" the messenger of Satan", or something else??

The answer is crystal clear: NO.

These are sons of God.
The only issue is to show that angels BECOME sons of God like humans do.

So, I'll ask the question: where in Scripture would one find that angels BECOME sons of God like humans do?

When Adam and Eve sinned, God provided the solution in the sacrifice of His Son on behalf of mankind. That is "giving help" to humans.

But no such help has been given to angels.

Angels to humans is apples to oranges.

When Moses struck the Rock, rather than speak to it, he was not allowed into the promised land, because to whom much is given much is expected. Moses at that stage of his life had walked with God and been with Him personally on the mountain, and was held more accountable that the others.

Likewise angels who know Him personally and see Him and have been around since creation, are held more accountable than those who walk by faith and not by sight.

Angels are sons of God and part of the family of God.

Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? Hebrews 12:9

God is the Father of angels as well as humans who are Christ's.

JLB

The question that remains to yet be answered is how any of this is related to the issue of eternal security.

It's been answered many times from several scriptural sights.

Eternal judgment unto damnation does apply to both the workings and the workers of iniquity in whomever such works and workings are found and both are found in all people inclusive of believers.

Luke 13:27
But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

It is quite amazing to have personally witnessed scores of believers who do not accept Jesus' Words above just because they are believers. They, all who do not and can not hear, are utterly incapable of seeing/hearing that they too do work iniquity and therefore the Words of Jesus above DO apply to them as well. Oh well. That's life in the flesh.

The answer is crystal clear: NO.

If angels are sons of God, then that makes God their Father, hence the term SONS of God.

So yes, angels are sons of God, having God as their Father.

Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? Hebrews 12:9

JLB

Last edited:
The only issue is to show that angels BECOME sons of God like humans do.

Humans become sons of God like angels.

If and when, we attain to the resurrection, we will then be equal to the angels, and are now sons of God, like the angels.

35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
Luke 20:35-36

JLB

[edited]
These are sons of God.

The angel's who were disobedient in the days of Noah were also son's of God.
JLB
-
Sure i answered you.
Here it is again.
This issue isnt with angels or humans, the issue you are not resolving correctly is the status or distinction between "sons".
you are implying, that sons are sons are sons are sons, so that Jesus and Satan and Angles and Redeemed Humans are all the same status , based on the word "son".
And thats the issue., as implying that is implying something that is false.
So, as i showed you before.......Jesus is a Son, and Jesus is superior to angels regarding his POSITION and STATUS in God's family.
Jesus is God, but Hes also the SON of God, and the 2nd Adam......He is many things...., and the angels are not equal to Him or US, regarding their "sonship".
WE are "joint Heirs with Christ, seated in heavenly places", next to God the Father, and are "in Christ", with "Christ in US, the hope of glory", as that is OUR Sonship status, and no angel has this status.
So, yes, angels are "sons", but they are not equal regarding the status of their sonship as compared to Christ or to His redeemed.

Sure i answered you.
Here it is again.
This issue isnt with angels or humans, the issue you are not resolving correctly is the status or distinction between "sons".
you are implying, that sons are sons are sons are sons, so that Jesus and Satan and Angles and Redeemed Humans are all the same status , based on the word "son".

Yes, sons of God, have God as their Father, whether man or angels.

The answer is a yes or no answer.

If you answer no, then who's Father are the sons of God?

JLB

I said this:
"When Adam and Eve sinned, God provided the solution in the sacrifice of His Son on behalf of mankind. That is "giving help" to humans.

But no such help has been given to angels.

Angels to humans is apples to oranges."
When Moses struck the Rock, rather than speak to it, he was not allowed into the promised land, because to whom much is given much is expected. Moses at that stage of his life had walked with God and been with Him personally on the mountain, and was held more accountable that the others.
OK. And...?

Likewise angels who know Him personally and see Him and have been around since creation, are held more accountable than those who walk by faith and not by sight.
So?

Angels are sons of God and part of the family of God.
Other than a verse that refers to angels as sons of God, you've NOT proven that they are considered to be in God's family.

In fact, consider this verse:
"For to which of the angels did He ever say, “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”? And again, “I will be a Father to Him And He shall be a Son to Me”?" Heb 1:5

The obvious answer to this question is: NONE of the angels.

I have no idea where this is all leading.

God is the Father of angels as well as humans who are Christ's.
I believe Heb 1:5 refutes that notion quite soundly.

Humans BECOME sons of God by regeneration, the new birth. No such correlation with angels.

If angels are sons of God, then that makes God their Father, hence the term SONS of God.
OK, let's review Heb 1:5 again:
For to which of the angels did He ever say, “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”? And again, “I will be a Father to Him And He shall be a Son to Me”?

So yes, angels are sons of God, having God as their Father.
So, NO, angels are NOT sons of God, according to the Bible.

For your claim to be true, there would be verses that teach that angels are a part of the "family of God" and that God is referred to as Father by them.

JLB
And how does this apply to your theory? I'm not seeing it.

I said this:
"The only issue is to show that angels BECOME sons of God like humans do."
Humans become sons of God like angels.
So, if that is true, please show from Scripture where any angels "become" sons of God.

Humans are born from human reproduction. Angels are created immediately and individually. Eze 28:15 - “You were blameless in your ways From the day you were created Until unrighteousness was found in you.

Now, both Adam and Eve were created like the angels. But they lost all relationship when they rebelled. No other humans are created; they are born. And no humans are born as sons of God. They only become sons of God through faith in Christ.

If and when, we attain to the resurrection, we will then be equal to the angels, and are now sons of God, like the angels.
All you've done is try to mix apples and oranges, and have a mixed up fruit salad. No theology.

35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
Luke 20:35-36JLB
Does not support your claims. And Heb 1:5 refutes your claim.

Yes, sons of God, have God as their Father, whether man or angels.
Not according to the Bible.

"For to which of the angels did He ever say, “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”? And again, “I will be a Father to Him And He shall be a Son to Me”? Heb 1:5

Not according to the Bible.

"For to which of the angels did He ever say, “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”? And again, “I will be a Father to Him And He shall be a Son to Me”? Heb 1:5

The context is "only begotten" Son.

Jesus is the "only begotten" Son of God.

• Adam was a son of God, yet was not begotten, but created.
the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God. Luke 3:38

Angels are called sons of God, and are created.

35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. Luke 20:35-36

“Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding.
Who determined its measurements?
Surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
To what were its foundations fastened?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
When the morning stars sang together,
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Job 38:4-7

God is the Father of the sons of God, whether human or angels.

If God is not the Father of the sons of God, who then is their father?

JLB

"The only issue is to show that angels BECOME sons of God like humans do."

Angels do not become sons of God, but rather they "are" sons of God.

It's humans who become sons of God like the angels, if they attain to the resurrection from the dead.

35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. Luke 20:35-36

JLB

Does not support your claims. And Heb 1:5 refutes your claim.

Jesus is the only begotten of the Father.

JLB

The context is "only begotten" Son.

Jesus is the "only begotten" Son of God.
  • Adam was a son of God, yet was not begotten, but created.
the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God. Luke 3:38

Angels are called sons of God, and are created.
And NO OTHER humans but Adam and Eve were created. All others were born physically, and the biblical concept of being a "son of God" means they have been born AGAIN.
John 3:7 - “Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’

God is the Father of the sons of God, whether human or angels.
Heb 1:5 refutes this.

If God is not the Father of the sons of God, who then is their father?
JLB
Heb 1:5 answers your question.

Jesus is the only begotten of the Father.
JLB
It is quite clear that the verse indicates that to NO angels did God ever say, "you are My son". That's the point.

No angel was begotten. Humans are begotten.

[edited]

It is quite clear that the verse indicates that to NO angels did God ever say, "you are My son". That's the point.

No angel was begotten. Humans are begotten.

[edited]

That's not what the scripture says.

"For to which of the angels did He ever say, “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”?

The writer is explaining to the Hebrews about Who Christ is, that He is God, the only begotten Son of God.

There are other "sons of God", but He is the only begotten of the Father.

From other scriptures we know that angels are in fact sons of God, as well as Adam.

Adam is a son of God.

Angels are sons of God

We are sons of God by faith in Jesus Christ, and will be sons of God, like the angels when we attain the resurrection and that age.

And NO OTHER humans but Adam and Eve were created. All others were born physically, and the biblical concept of being a "son of God" means they have been born AGAIN.
John 3:7 - “Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’

Were those whom God foreknew, spirits or flesh and blood men, that He predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son?

29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. Romans 8:29-30

Does the "Father of spirits" include humans, or is it just angels that have God as their Father?

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back