Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

what Law did Jesus replace?

anasazi avatar said:
Matt 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thyG4675 soul, and with all thy mind.
Matt 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Matt 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Matt 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The 10 Commandments were never done away with. Matt 22:37 encompasses the first 4 of the 10 Commandments, Matt 22:39 encompasses the last 6.

What was done away with were the Levitical laws of Sacrifice and eating of food. The laws of eating and cleanliness are absolutely the best to follow where our lives enable us, but they are not fundamental laws.
I think of it this way as well: Only the Levitical Priests were allowed to minister the Sacrificial Offerings, collect tithes etc. So unless we take up the Jewish faith so as to have Levites to administer for us, we are unable to comply with them ourselves, being Gentiles.
anasazi avatar......Do you believe what you quoted from Matt 22:40...?

• Rom 13:9-10

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended [summed up/NASU] in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. KJV

Here are the commandments given for salvation....repent and believe.

="Mark 1:15"]And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.[/quote

I read this in the Gospels

Jn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

tell me what is the signaficance of this verse in the gospels

Mt 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Mk 15:38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.

Lk 23:45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.

OK...I'll quote more from the words of MOSES...

• Deuteronomy 5:
    5:1 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel,
    the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day,
    that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.

2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.

3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers
    (this covenant given to Moses was 430 years after Abraham)
    but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day....

7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing
    that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters
    beneath the earth:

9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the
    LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the
    children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

11 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain:
    for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.
    13 Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:
    14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou
    shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant,
    nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy
    stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may
    rest as well as thou.

15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the
    LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm:
    therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

16 Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee;
    that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which
    the LORD thy God giveth thee.

17 Thou shalt not kill.
    18 Neither shalt thou commit adultery.
    19 Neither shalt thou steal.
    20 Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.
    21 Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy
    neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass,
    or any thing that is thy neighbour's.

22 These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst
    of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more.
    And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me [Moses]
    KJV

when a person broke these laws what was the law setup for forgiveness?

before Jesus came in the flesh and shed his blood for us.

what did men do for repenting?

they sacrifice animals

correct?

when Jesus came what law did he replace?

Why are there antinomians today? It's partly because of dispensationalist teaching of the last 100 - 150 years. They saw that in the last days there are commandment keeping people mentioned in Revelation so that couldnt be the church according to their understanding. So they invented the pretrib rapture that "takes the church out before the tribulation", when the law "kicks back in again".

The other reason antinomians are so popular in the endtimes is that the final deceiver is also called "the man of sin" and the lawless one. So his objective is to dismantle the law of God, that serves the pupose to convict the sinner of sin. While his converts reject the law of God nobody can be convicted of any sin. So sin prevails to its final destination, a state of lawlessness. That is the temptation we are to face. Since Jesus comes Immediately AFTER the tribulation Mat 24:29, this is in fact the church of Christ:

Revelation 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

ozell said:

they sacrifice animals

correct?

The Mosaic laws governed the priest and sacrifices.

ozell said:
Here are the commandments given for salvation....repent and believe.

="Mark 1:15"]And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.[/quote

I read this in the Gospels

Jn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

tell me what is the signaficance of this verse in the gospels

Mt 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Mk 15:38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.

Lk 23:45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.

That means we now have access to God through faith. We no longer need the law written on stone and animal sacrifices. We have the Holy Spirit and the Royal Law of Love written on our hearts. We are priests coming to the throne with our suplications and worship in spirit and truth.
James 2:8 said:
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
1 Peter 3:15 said:
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
1 Peter 2:5-9 said:
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

ozell said:
Ret said:
  • Deuteronomy 5:
    22 These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst
    of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice:
    and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone,
    and delivered them unto me [Moses]
    . KJV
when a person broke these laws what was the law setup for forgiveness?
The sacrificial system was set up to give temporary 'forgiveness' from guilt from disobeying the 10 commandment laws etc., but could not clear the conscience from such! Much of Hebrews explains the temporary nature of this sacrificial system, and what replaces the it, including a need to change the LAW requiring sacrifices in the first place.

• Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed,
    there is made of necessity a change also of the law. KJV

mdo757 said:
ozell said:

they sacrifice animals

correct?

The Mosaic laws governed the priest and sacrifices.

Who gave Moses the Mosaic laws as you call them,
who setup the priesthood Moses or God?
who took the priesthood away Moses or God?

The sacrificial system was set up to give temporary 'forgiveness' from guilt from disobeying the 10 commandment laws etc., but could not clear the conscience from such! Much of Hebrews explains the temporary nature of this sacrificial system, and what replaces the it, including a need to change the LAW requiring sacrifices in the first place.

when Jesus died and resurrected was the sacrificial laws need for forgiveness?

and when Jesus died and resurrected who became our advocate? Jesus the High priest or Aaron's sons the high priest?

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

That means we now have access to God through faith. We no longer need the law written on stone and animal sacrifices. We have the Holy Spirit and the Royal Law of Love written on our hearts. We are priests coming to the throne with our suplications and worship in spirit and truth.
"James 2:8"] If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well

Lets read the bible definiton of Faith, then you answer this for me

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Tell me what substance am I hoping for and what evidence do I need to see?

Is people sinning today in 2010?

are you without sin?

do you ask for forgiveness?

if so, then how can we be not under the commandments?

Geo said:
Why are there antinomians today? It's partly because of dispensationalist teaching of the last 100 - 150 years. They saw that in the last days there are commandment keeping people mentioned in Revelation so that couldnt be the church according to their understanding. So they invented the pretrib rapture that "takes the church out before the tribulation", when the law "kicks back in again".

The other reason antinomians are so popular in the endtimes is that the final deceiver is also called "the man of sin" and the lawless one. So his objective is to dismantle the law of God, that serves the pupose to convict the sinner of sin. While his converts reject the law of God nobody can be convicted of any sin. So sin prevails to its final destination, a state of lawlessness. That is the temptation we are to face. Since Jesus comes Immediately AFTER the tribulation Mat 24:29, this is in fact the church of Christ:

Revelation 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

how can this be, How can we have a man of sin the lawless one, when these people here are saying the commandments are no longer valid?

the bible definiton of sin is

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

what law is the man of sin(future) transgressing if there is no law?

if Jesus death and resurrection replaced the commandments, which one of you is without sin?

Jn 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

can you cast a stone or will you blaspheme the word of God?

it is written after Jesus death and resurrection

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

how absolute is all?

ozell said:
if Jesus death and resurrection replaced the commandments, which one of you is without sin?
Physically speaking, the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ was a historical event two thousand years ago. Spiritually understood today, there is a DAILY death and daily resurrection given of God to those who believe. In the truly repentant, converted person SIN remains (dead) but GRACE reigns (life/resurrection) on a daily basis!

• Romans 6:12

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should
    obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin:
    but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your
    members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law,
    but under grace.

ozell said:
it is written after Jesus death and resurrection

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

how absolute is all?
Correct..."all have sinned"...scripture does not ALL KEEP sinning!

• Romans 8:10-11

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin;
    but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you,
    he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies
    by his Spirit that dwelleth in you
    . KJV

Are you washed in the Blood of the Lamb?
The blood is sufficient...the death angel will pass over those washed in the Blood.
Matthew 26:28 said:
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Paul calls it the Purchasing Blood.
Acts 20:28 said:
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
The Redeeming Blood.
Ephesians 1:7 said:
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Colossians 1:14 said:
In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
1 Peter 1:18-19 said:
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
The Justifying Blood.
Romans 5:9 said:
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
The Peacemaking Blood.
Colossians 1:20 said:
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
It's the Sanctifying Blood.
Hebrews 13:12 said:
Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
The Everlasting Blood.
Hebrews 13:20 said:
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Physically speaking, the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ was a historical event two thousand years ago. Spiritually understood today, there is a DAILY death and daily resurrection given of God to those who believe. In the truly repentant, converted person SIN remains (dead) but GRACE reigns (life/resurrection) on a daily basis!

answer the question again

who of you are without sin?

what is a truly repentant person, why is he trutly repentant in the first place?

what is a converted person converting from?

Romans 6:12

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should
obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin:
but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your
members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law,
but under grace.

if sin is reigning in your body it must have been their for a while, is this correct?
it sounds like Paul is warning us about sin even after Jesus had died and rose.
is this correct?

glorydaz said:
Are you washed in the Blood of the Lamb?
The blood is sufficient...the death angel will pass over those washed in the Blood.
Matthew 26:28 said:
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Paul calls it the Purchasing Blood.
[quote="Acts 20:28":3ngb02j2]Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
The Redeeming Blood.
Ephesians 1:7 said:
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
1 Peter 1:18-19 said:
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
The Justifying Blood.
Romans 5:9 said:
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
The Peacemaking Blood.
Colossians 1:20 said:
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
It's the Sanctifying Blood.
Hebrews 13:12 said:
Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
The Everlasting Blood.
Hebrews 13:20 said:
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
[/quote:3ngb02j2]

how long has the blood been around?

Rv 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

when was the blood shed?

Rv 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

was the people before Jesus came in the flesh under the blood?

Back