Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study What makes humans different from all the rest

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I leave God to redeem his creation ,never have I said we will eat meat after the restoration ,new creation only,that you can't call it lust to want meat .

fence evasion. ,you point of building fences is negated . this occurs where my step daughter lives if they decide to ,usually won't be I have seen a dead deer in,city limits from an car hitting it .so yes it's likely they do that too
The car is in the wrong. Nothing in nature (by God's design) is equivalent to a ton of steel going at 50kph. That's what happens when you go the way of sin, destruction.

I leave God to redeem his creation ,never have I said we will eat meat after the restoration ,new creation only,that you can't call it lust to want meat .
You shift goalposts constantly. I am forced to leave it to God too. I only ask why He does not give the world what it deserves.

Needs to be subdued. Rule over them. I bet they flee when you flick your whip at them. Why do you need to shed blood?
animals will test you

my wife had to punch a horse ,a whip will impact and yes its local history the Florida cracker trail ,hmm how cattle were driven to the trains and steam ship to be slaughtered ,I have traveled part of it .

the Spanish used whips .

The car is in the wrong. Nothing in nature (by God's design) is equivalent to a ton of steel going at 50kph. That's what happens when you go the way of sin, destruction.
I'm sure they decided to total their car versus avoiding it ,the fact they had glass says it all by the carcass .

they had plenty of lane to avoid the beast and likely either were taken off guard or possible distracted .

it was and its night time likely when that happened and no street lights are there .I have traveled that road .

a deer will mess up a car ,even semis will try to avoid them . I know a few drivers who paid damage repair on the cab .you assume that many want to hit animals

animals will test you

my wife had to punch a horse ,a whip will impact and yes its local history the Florida cracker trail ,hmm how cattle were driven to the trains and steam ship to be slaughtered ,I have traveled part of it .

the Spanish used whips .
I am going to block you now. I do not want to be friends with someone whose wife punches horses, and he has no consideration for the horrors of the things he puts into my mind.

you assume that many want to hit animals
That's false. I say that the world today is not what God intended, and humans are at fault because they breach the laws of nature. How much innocent blood is required in order to justify their every breath?

You shift goalposts constantly. I am forced to leave it to God too. I only ask why He does not give the world what it deserves.
nope I take your posts to policy as locally debates on animals habihat to be developed or former ag is something I can vote for against ,its called the clup line .it is now 58th avenue but they want to move it to the marsh .

this is why i said about land and population use

That's false. I say that the world today is not what God intended, and humans are at fault because they breach the laws of nature. How much innocent blood is required in order to justify their every breath?
a road wouldn't exist ,men would dream of anything but what is ,you don't know that .

nice logic ,God didn't say or a dress that technology is a sin ,it can be but roads and housing .that's a pointless debate as we can't know you assume,that God will or won't kill his own creation. he did ,and will but didn't have to ,he made them to shoe us something because he saw the need ,his choice .

I am going to block you now. I do not want to be friends with someone whose wife punches horses, and he has no consideration for the horrors of the things he puts into my mind.
my wife did that years ago .and had you known that fact how horses act,you,would known why,they bite or kick you.

that horse bit her breast ,you suggest a talk as it clamped on you .my,wife has been kicked ,thrown off a horse and also the above ,once she punched the horse ,it stopped bullying her .
the nativity of you .
I never had or owned a horse as that account happened before I was born and cowboys mention, you must once In a while use a whip to make a point

I had a mule try to kick and bite me all over because it didn't want to carry a load .

yet I had no whip ,never struck it or even drove him to the point where I wanted ,locals did that and they were very cruel and I changed them on how they treated my pack animals .

said mule just being s mule and wanted to be in control .

You are shifting the goalposts. (You do that constantly). Just as a shepherd watches over sheep with what, a handgun? No, it is because you are blood thirsty and you love to shed blood that you think that way, and the peaceful antelope who live in fear continuously because you are the monster lurking in their fields, killing their young, killing their mother, killing their father. Instead a shepherd fends against all predators by guarding the flock day and night: "thy rod and thy staff" are comfort to me. Guns scare the life out of livestock.

Sometimes Life shifts the goalposts for us. Jason didn't shift the goalposts. Life just happens sometimes.

Story time. I was living in Colorful Colorado and I had just bought me a brand new Ruger 10/22 and I figured to hit the hill a ways and try it out. I was so excited about trying it out that I didn't go better prepared (meaning bigger guns, which in the Rocky Mountains is the norm). But how often does meeting a predator really happen? Not very often. So I just grabbed some 22 ammo and the new rifle and hit the trail. I wasn't very far into the forest so animals weren't expected to be seen. And that's when it happens.

I was walking along and paying more attention to my new gun than the trail I think and as I rounded a bend all of a sudden there was a full grown Mountain Lion about 12 to 15 feet away. We seen each other at the same time and scared the pee out of each other. She stayed where she was but brought up one paw and showed me 200 teeth while she let out a huge roar at me. I didn't have time to think, suddenly my new 22 rifle was on my shoulder and the 10 rounds were going fast. I could see her reactions of being shot but I realized that I would be out of ammo within a second or so if I didn't stop and make one count. So I did.

I stopped shooting her in the shoulder area and raised it up a bit for a head shot. Then it was lights out for the beautiful kitty cat. I did feel bad for shooting it, but it was very close to me and totally spooked and dangerous so I couldn't take a chance. Did I do right? How do you think I should have handled it?

Have you ever accidently found yourself 12 foot away from a Lion and with nothing in between you? How would you think to be prepared for an encounter such as this?

And how can you reconcile your position on animals with scripture? For you to be correct, your premise would have to agree with the entirety of scripture, right?

Ok, so now reconcile me Romans 14 with your position. The entire chapter.

Idk Brother, I think actually hunger is a lust of the flesh.

Sometimes Life shifts the goalposts for us. Jason didn't shift the goalposts. Life just happens sometimes.

Story time. I was living in Colorful Colorado and I had just bought me a brand new Ruger 10/22 and I figured to hit the hill a ways and try it out. I was so excited about trying it out that I didn't go better prepared (meaning bigger guns, which in the Rocky Mountains is the norm). But how often does meeting a predator really happen? Not very often. So I just grabbed some 22 ammo and the new rifle and hit the trail. I wasn't very far into the forest so animals weren't expected to be seen. And that's when it happens.

I was walking along and paying more attention to my new gun than the trail I think and as I rounded a bend all of a sudden there was a full grown Mountain Lion about 12 to 15 feet away. We seen each other at the same time and scared the pee out of each other. She stayed where she was but brought up one paw and showed me 200 teeth while she let out a huge roar at me. I didn't have time to think, suddenly my new 22 rifle was on my shoulder and the 10 rounds were going fast. I could see her reactions of being shot but I realized that I would be out of ammo within a second or so if I didn't stop and make one count. So I did.

I stopped shooting her in the shoulder area and raised it up a bit for a head shot. Then it was lights out for the beautiful kitty cat. I did feel bad for shooting it, but it was very close to me and totally spooked and dangerous so I couldn't take a chance. Did I do right? How do you think I should have handled it?

Have you ever accidently found yourself 12 foot away from a Lion and with nothing in between you? How would you think to be prepared for an encounter such as this?

And how can you reconcile your position on animals with scripture? For you to be correct, your premise would have to agree with the entirety of scripture, right?

Ok, so now reconcile me Romans 14 with your position. The entire chapter.
its not like you can out run that mountain lion and you were in her territory ,she saw you as a threat .
so we can't hike and enjoy nature ?

the definition of lust is always a sin .the desire to eat for sustainable life ,though gluttony is a sin as we can make idols if anything ,can't be a sin .

Yeah it's like anything else. There is a right way to do it for sustainability, and a wrong way which is sin. Procreation drives are the same way.

its not like you can out run that mountain lion and you were in her territory ,she saw you as a threat .
so we can't hike and enjoy nature ?

We can hike and enjoy nature. We just know to go prepared because this earth bites back sometimes. If I were a shepherd over a flock...you're darn right that I'd have a nice sidearm. A dog and a sidearm. Generally the dog(s) protect the flock but if the dog gets in too deep and needs help. I'd have to protect my dog as one of the family also so hello 44 mag, lol.

We can hike and enjoy nature. We just know to go prepared because this earth bites back sometimes. If I were a shepherd over a flock...you're darn right that I'd have a nice sidearm. A dog and a sidearm. Generally the dog(s) protect the flock but if the dog gets in too deep and needs help. I'd have to protect my dog as one of the family also so hello 44 mag, lol.
we(Monica has a ccl. in north Carolina that Georgia allows )took a gun on vacation .it was her bf glock,we kept at the cabin and they took it as they saw fit .usually it stayed with her bf or me .it was mostly for personal protection. .they do take hikes in mountains and carry ,bears are known to attack hunters and hikers .Monica knows this as does my wife .

Back