Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study What makes humans different from all the rest

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
we(Monica has a ccl. in north Carolina that Georgia allows )took a gun on vacation .it was her bf glock,we kept at the cabin and they took it as they saw fit .usually it stayed with her bf or me .it was mostly for personal protection. .they do take hikes in mountains and carry ,bears are known to attack hunters and hikers .Monica knows this as does my wife .

Over the years of living in Colorado I saw quite a few mountain lions but not one single bear. I was there within 5 mins of a guy snapping a picture of a black bear standing right in the middle of Rampart Range Rd though. But my carry for those rocky mountains was usually always a 44 mag. My wife thought it was ridiculous to carry that and in most cases women have the control over a man but can't be in the rocky mountains because they bite hard. And in the event of an emergency the woman will quickly hand over control to the man and say, do something...save us, whatever. So the man can not drop the ball when the woman does this. The man must be prepared for the worst that could happen so in those mountains, it means a 44. Just in case, lol.

The less well armed you are in the wilderness, the slower you go and more noise you should make. I learned that. I was walking fast when I met the lion cuz I was trying to hurry and wanted it be a short session trying out the gun. I was quick walking, and Whoops! I only had the one 10 round mag for it but at least I loaded that one first lol.

I figured to hit the hill a ways and try it out.
What did you plan to shoot with it?
I did feel bad for shooting it
Then why did you shoot it?
How do you think I should have handled it?
Did you speak to her at all? You said she was scared, you should have offered to let her go. You obviously had the greater power and she would have known that.
Have you ever accidently found yourself 12 foot away from a Lion and with nothing in between you?
Nope, but I reject your assertion that there was nothing between the two of you. You had a gun for one thing, and the law of God for another.
How would you think to be prepared for an encounter such as this?
I think you have said it already: that you weren't really watching where you were going. And about that, I can't even imagine why you thought it would be a good idea to roam in her habitat with a gun in the first place. The whole concept is that foreign to me. It's certainly not something I would be doing, and if I did find myself in her habitat I would know that I am a guest in her place and not intending to cause any trouble. You should notice that she paid the same respect for you too.
And how can you reconcile your position on animals with scripture?
I don't understand why you have loaded that question. I haven't seen anything of my position that is inconsistent with scripture. You need to explain that.
Ok, so now reconcile me Romans 14 with your position. The entire chapter.
I think what is written is sufficient to stand on its own. I don't see any need to reconcile my position with Romans 14. The entire chapter supports me in my position, especially the part that speaks with regards to your accusation: Romans 14:10.

Back