Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

what music are we listening to?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Still into a lot of progressive, though I won't flood this thread with it. Kinda "noisy" for the older crowd. But while this band is still young, there's an elegance to the stuff they do. It's technical, but they're doing it with such ease that you don't really notice it. And I love the piano breaks their keyboard player throws into a lot of their songs (see 1:59+); such a beautiful contrast to the bass-heavy, guitar-centered segments, and I love contrast in sound.

Never posted a video here yet, so let's see if this works...

Still into a lot of progressive, though I won't flood this thread with it. Kinda "noisy" for the older crowd. But while this band is still young, there's an elegance to the stuff they do. It's technical, but they're doing it with such ease that you don't really notice it. And I love the piano breaks their keyboard player throws into a lot of their songs (see 1:59+); such a beautiful contrast to the bass-heavy, guitar-centered segments, and I love contrast in sound.

Never posted a video here yet, so let's see if this works...

This is really good jazz fusion.
In my day it was John McGlothlin, Al Dimeola, and Lee Ritinuer

This is really good jazz fusion.
In my day it was John McGlothlin, Al Dimeola, and Lee Ritinuer

I posted a like to Smooth Operator cuz I remember hearing it every Friday night at a newspaper dock where I do some extra work. This guy used to play the same old time Soul station every time, and it was nearly always the same set of songs during that time slot. Some of it got old, LoL, but I always liked Smooth Operator and a few others.

He was also a former pastor, so sometimes he'd play 101.9 Charlotte, which is a top end gospel station. Every once in awhile when I heard something I liked I'd get him to go check for the track on his iPhone and write it down for me. This is one of them. I always loved BeBe and CiCi going back to when I was in college. Very "smooth." :)

Not sure what other songs they sing in this service, but she leads off with Never Lost. Good fight song:

Very good, I like it.

Me too. I hope I'm still able to tolerate heavier stuff by the time I'm your age. You seem pretty spritely still for an old goat.

Funny how time flies, aye?

funny_horny_old_goat_birthday_card-r4653db7a9cc54b42a1633936f0a4f804_tcvuk_540.jpg

Some Christian music for a Christian forum:

Last edited:
A song about marriage.
Have no interest in marriage personally, but I "ship" a couple from one of my favorite animes, and I think of them when I listen to the song.

Back