Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What will our physical age be in the afterlife?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So, from the fact that Jesus was resurrected in a physical body, we can infer that the afterlife will be a physical state too, not just a spiritual one. But how old will our physical bodies be there?
The fact that the resurrected Jesus looked the same as before his death can mean 3 things:
-We will all be 33.
-We will all be in the physical age we were when we died (in that case, I guess it sucks to die in an old age).
-We will all be in our prime (25 or so). Jesus probably came back as an 25 year old man but no one noticed the difference.
What do you think?

So, from the fact that Jesus was resurrected in a physical body, we can infer that the afterlife will be a physical state too, not just a spiritual one. But how old will our physical bodies be there?
The fact that the resurrected Jesus looked the same as before his death can mean 3 things:
-We will all be 33.
-We will all be in the physical age we were when we died (in that case, I guess it sucks to die in an old age).
-We will all be in our prime (25 or so). Jesus probably came back as an 25 year old man but no one noticed the difference.
What do you think?
I have sometimes wondered that.
Will babies be resurrected as babies, children as children, adults as adults?

I have sometimes wondered that.
Will babies be resurrected as babies, children as children, adults as adults?

From what I've heard babies are babies, children are children and they both grow up to max out as adults who appear as if in their prime. Early 30's is what I heard also. 33 makes sense cuz Jesus was on earth for 33 years as a man.

When I was 33 it was 1995 and I was looking good and making money hand over fist. 1995 was good to me, lol.

I think we can all agree me with that.
Are you thinking it's wrong ro wonder what it will be like?
No, it's not wrong.
Every manifestation of someone coming back is recognisable as Moses, Elijah, Jesus etc that maybe because of pure amazement, I think God knows his plan for eturnity and he will equip us with a spiritual body that is suited for the life we will have.

But what age that we will appear to me may just be a mental exercise, lol. Because in 1 John 3 it says,

3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.../

So I think it's possible that we may not appear human at all in the afterlife. ...it doth not yet appear what we shall be...(So now, we're roughly 2000 more years since this was written. Has it appeared yet, what we shall be?)

I don't think so. Maybe all of the visions that people get of being taken up to visit heaven for various reasons and so forth, the saints and spiritual beings that they see there (which is where the testimonies of appearing 33 in your human prime come from), are shown to us as humans because it doth not yet appear what we shall be, and it's not germane to the message at the time?

but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is...and since He has not yet appeared, we're kept in the dark about what our form will be then. I guess we could be on a need to know basis, and we don't need to know yet,

We do know that it will be life on a higher plane of existence. One which transcends all biological function, even sex.

I have heard by what i believe to be real experience of someone going to heaven. He said that everyone appeared to be at the age of about 30 years old. And physical people like here on earth

I think that might be the prime age of a human.
But i like what Edward says too. I think we will have a new body living on a new place. The Bible speaks of this..

But in truth we are spirits. The real you is spirit.
So we are and will possibly be in heaven. People physically, yet we possibly will have something different, something more..

I have heard by what i believe to be real experience of someone going to heaven. He said that everyone appeared to be at the age of about 30 years old. And physical people like here on earth

I think that might be the prime age of a human.
But i like what Edward says too. I think we will have a new body living on a new place. The Bible speaks of this..

But in truth we are spirits. The real you is spirit.
So we are and will possibly be in heaven. People physically, yet we possibly will have something different, something more..
I think that sums it up for me.
I have heard people call God 'the invisible God.' I think that is because we know of God's Spirit. Bit I believe God is visible too. Scripture tells us 'Let us make man in our image.' For Gid to have an image He must be visible. So I believe we will have an incorruptible body and spirit.

I think that sums it up for me.
I have heard people call God 'the invisible God.' I think that is because we know of God's Spirit. Bit I believe God is visible too. Scripture tells us 'Let us make man in our image.' For Gid to have an image He must be visible. So I believe we will have an incorruptible body and spirit.
I do too. Jesus talked about going to preparing a place for us.
That to me implies a physical place.
The Bible speaks of being able to se God Himself too..
Physical or not, i really don't know..
The Bible says that God is Spirit tho..
I believe that our true selves. The heart of man, is spirit. And then more real than physical appearance.

Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear! Matthew 13:43

Back