Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What will you NOT eat?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ask a prayer over it, and the professed 'c'hristian will eat about anything.

--Elijah

Won't eat peas voluntarily... I have done so on the occasion that it would be rude not to and have hated each and every little green glob of putrescence.

I also will not eat pinto beans. I'll eat refried beans which are delicious but plain pinto beans, cooked with a bit of salt pork...nope. We were quite poor when I was a kid and there was a period of time when all we had to eat was pinto beans. A little oatmeal or shredded wheat for breakfast then pinto beans for lunch and dinner. Ate so many pinto beans back then that I won't eat them now... just won't.

Well I'm allergic to peanuts. Apart from that, I absolutely hate Brussels sprouts and mushrooms. I'll try and avoid corn. Apart from that I'm pretty adventurous.

I'm pretty much an omnivore myself and will eat just about anything, although I prefer to avoid animal intestines.

Offal, got tricked into eating it once by my mother inlaw. First mouthful, errrr, not funny. She laughed her head off. We get along good so I saw the funny side of it, sort off.

I used to be OK with liver... wasn't my favorite, but I usually fixed it in a marinara sauce with bell peppers and served or rice or potatoes.

Then I got pregnant. My hubby asked for liver for supper one night when I was pregnant and I took the thawed liver out of the package... and that was it right there. Haven't been able to even think about eating liver without being queasy.

I'll try anything once if I've not had it before, so that I know whether or not I like it. However, I can't eat lima beans (insta-reversal on the digestive tract), and don't much care for beans in general.

I used to be OK with liver... wasn't my favorite, but I usually fixed it in a marinara sauce with bell peppers and served or rice or potatoes.

Then I got pregnant. My hubby asked for liver for supper one night when I was pregnant and I took the thawed liver out of the package... and that was it right there. Haven't been able to even think about eating liver without being queasy.

I'd probably like it if I just tried it, but it's the idea that puts me off.

I hear a lot of friends say that when pregnant they have gone off certain foods and never been able to see it without feeling nauseous... wonder what will happen with me!

I'll try anything once if I've not had it before, so that I know whether or not I like it. However, I can't eat lima beans (insta-reversal on the digestive tract), and don't much care for beans in general.
[MENTION=91283]faeriecat[/MENTION]:

As a 'has bean' myself (:gah) my problem is that the repertoire of food that I can eat is probably too wide for my own good...

Blessings.

I do not like cooked bell peppers. Disgusting! And if you make a dish with peppers and then take them out the dish still has the flavor of 'em. Yech!

Also, I do not like Hummus. Nasty!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back