Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] What would it mean...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Do you fully realize what you've just said here "Jesus, in becoming man, assumed the body of an evolved ape. Human, in other words. He was eternally God, and only assumed the body and being of a human for our salvation."

That's what humans are. He became fully human for us. Do you see why that is a remarkable sign of His love for us?

We are, in our bodies, animals. We physically live and reproduce and die as they do. The difference is in our souls, not our bodies. Sometimes, our pride blinds us to what we are, as opposed to what we are called to be.

Even if Jesus got sweaty, and tired, and dirty, He was more than just that human body. So are we. Even if we are evolved apes, we are still loved by God and have an immortal soul given directly by God.

Whether you want to call Him transformed mud or an evolved animal, it really makes no difference at all. That's not what matters.

So there's "ape" in Jesus's bloodline?
It's been said on this forum that Jesus didn't know science.

Jesus as a man probably didn't know much about science.

Why? Because what Jesus said doesn't support what man believes he knows through his invention of science.

Barbarian said:
Wisdom granted by God is not science, which is an invention of man.

So man today knows and understands science more than Jesus did and through man's greater knowledge of science compared to Christ man decides to put ape in His bloodline through his science which is "an invention of man."

Is there anything else we should know about our Lord and Savior?

So there's "ape" in Jesus's bloodline?

Humans are apes. We and chimps are more closely related to each other than either are related to other apes. So all humans are apes. God chose to become one of us. The fact we are animals puts a stronger point on it, no?

It's been said on this forum that Jesus didn't know science.

Since science as we know it, was developed after His death, perhaps so. We don't really know what limitations becoming human had for Him. He certainly knew fear and hunger, and pain. Did He also have limited understanding of many things? I don't know the answer for that. To speculate would be too much like those who struck Him from behind, and then mockingly asked Him to say who it was. It is wrong to test God.

Why? Because what Jesus said doesn't support what man believes he knows through his invention of science.

I don't see anything like that. Yes, He did once say that mustard seed is the smallest of seeds (which is not actually true), but He was making a point about small things, not a botanical comparison. Other than meaningless figurative "errors" like this, I don't see it.

Barbarian observe:

So man today knows and understands science more than Jesus did

We can't assume that. No one but God really knows what limitations He assumed in becoming man. But if He became fully human, then he assumed our ancestry as well.

Is there anything else we should know about our Lord and Savior?

I think the details of His biological condition are immaterial to the fact that He became one of us, and by His death and resurrection, saved us. What do you think?

Of course it's inmaterial. Insinuating such can not be an issue reflecting negative light on a theory developed by man's invention. Wouldn't sit well. Therefore it needs to be ignored, swept under the rug or played-down.
Christ has ape in his bloodline and man knows more than He did concerning science.
Nothing serious there. Man's pride/invention must be protected even if we must declare Christ hid certain truths by not mentioning them or wasn't as knowledgeable as we are today.
No biggie.

Humans are apes. We and chimps are more closely related to each other than either are related to other apes. So all humans are apes. God chose to become one of us. The fact we are animals puts a stronger point on it, no?

Since science as we know it, was developed after His death, perhaps so. We don't really know what limitations becoming human had for Him. He certainly knew fear and hunger, and pain. Did He also have limited understanding of many things? I don't know the answer for that. To speculate would be too much like those who struck Him from behind, and then mockingly asked Him to say who it was. It is wrong to test God.

I don't see anything like that. Yes, He did once say that mustard seed is the smallest of seeds (which is not actually true), but He was making a point about small things, not a botanical comparison. Other than meaningless figurative "errors" like this, I don't see it.

Barbarian observe:

We can't assume that. No one but God really knows what limitations He assumed in becoming man. But if He became fully human, then he assumed our ancestry as well.

I think the details of His biological condition are immaterial to the fact that He became one of us, and by His death and resurrection, saved us. What do you think?

Humans are apes and God chose to become one of us, your serious aren't you.. i can't post in this forum anymore I'm sick to my stomach..

tob

Ok. You asked.

I think declaring ape in Christ's bloodline on this site shows total disregard for how offensive this is to those who don't believe as you do. In view of the complaints I've gotten already about that declaration I'd have to say it is indeed offensive to those who believe differently.

If I have to take action to keep the peace I'll do that. This goes for everybody.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back