Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What's In YOUR CD Player?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Metallica~Death Magnetic
David Crowder Band~a collision
POD~Satellite
They Might Be Giants~Dial a song

If you think I listen to an odd mix of music...You're right! :-D

Fireflight unbrable
hUMAN OUT OF DUST
Foever changed-need to feel alive
toby mac=Alive and transported
A Dream to late- intermission to the moon
the almost-sourthern weather
Worth dying for
Flame-our world fallen

MISFIT said:
VaultZero4Me said:
Chopin
Daft Punk
Jay-Z
Billy Joels greatest hits

Daft Punk you say, we agree on one thing at least. :-D

Great electronica band. I would love to see one of their live shows. Have you check out their shows on YouTube?

VaultZero4Me said:
MISFIT said:
VaultZero4Me said:
Chopin
Daft Punk
Jay-Z
Billy Joels greatest hits

Daft Punk you say, we agree on one thing at least. :-D

Great electronica band. I would love to see one of their live shows. Have you check out their shows on YouTube?

I have! I too would love to see them live, but never had the chance.

Today while driving into work I listened to Ever Stays Red On The Brink of It All. It's just a great, uplifting indie rock album. I'd recommend it to anyone who's looking for a little variety in their collection.

www.myspace.com/everstaysred

Anberlin-new surrdenders
The Classi Crime-the sliver cord'
Dizmas-on a search in american
toby mac-alive and trasnspotter
Relient k-the anatomy of the toung in cheek
Josh turner-everything is fine
Never less-live like were alive
21:03-Total Attenition

System of a down
Breaking Benjamin
Static X
Disturbed
Avenged Sevenfold
Serj Tankian elect the dead
Scars on broadway
Skillet
POD
Pillar
Day of fire
Red hot chili peppers
Linkin park

Foever changed-need to feel alive
forever changed-chapters
Jonah 33-stragest days
Everyday sunday-wake up wake up
Need to breath-the heat
audio adrnelaine-lift
Superchick-karokers super star
Fono-to borke to break

JohnMuise said:
System of a down
Breaking Benjamin
Static X
Disturbed
Avenged Sevenfold
Serj Tankian elect the dead
Scars on broadway
Skillet
POD
Pillar
Day of fire
Red hot chili peppers
Linkin park

Once again I agree with you bro! Which LP is it? I'm lovin' Minutes to Midnight, hands held high is one of the best songs I've ever heard.

sanctus real - the face of love

its a pretty good cd...my faves are "the face of love", "dont give up", and "i'm not alright"

I used to be a rocker...no country allowed! I still listen to a considerable amount of rock/other (P!nk, crossfade, The Killers, Green Day, Blue October, Thrice, Beirut, Gomez, Modest Mouse, Neutral Milk, Hotel, Spoon, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Semisonic, U2, Trapt, Fuel...)

But some of the songs that have the biggest effect on me are country or folk songs.

Let me tell you a few of the songs that have...had an effect on me.

Blanco River Meditation - Walt Wlkins = I just listened to it and...I can't explain the reason for my reaction. Environmental beauty? Spiritual effect on me? Literally, I'm tearing up (that's saying *a lot* from me). And I can't explain fully why. I've listened to it a couple times before and have liked it, but not had this reaction. I love that song though. The reason why I tried to find a thread on something like this :)
Wolves - Phosphorescent = the first song that I really loved. I like a lot of their other songs too.
Three Wooden Crosses - Randy Travis = incredible message. It keeps me inspired.
Riding with Private Malone - David Ball = touching.
Quick as Dreams - Slaid Cleaves = so sad. I like a lot of his other songs too.
Let it Go - Great Big Sea = such a great lesson.
Crested Hens - Solas = just beautiful.
I'm sure I could continue on...let's go on a different note...

Rock/electronic/other (the above was country/folk)
Angel - Sara McLachlan = nice pretty song.
Chase This Light - Jimmy Eat World = I like it. I just do.
Wires - Athlete = touching song really. sad.

I could go on with other samples of different types of my music...but I won't :tongue

I don't know.... listening to the song Wolves - Phosphorescent just sounds sad/disturbed overall. Only listen to the song if you're sad or depressed, otherwise it has too many emotions that bring you down.

Well that's a good reason not to listen to it depressed ;)
Yes it is a bit sad and perhaps I was depressed when I found/really liked it. I went through a sad/depressive phase. Nonetheless, I still enjoy the natural imagery.

Killswitchengage-The end of heartache
Within Temptation-The heart of everything
Lacuna coil-Comalies
Kidneythieves-Tricksterreprocess

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back