Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

'When is the apocalypse?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
BTW, President Trump is not the so called Antichrist (emphasis on the capital A) as scripture never defines just one and throughout history many have claimed those they thought would be Antichrist, but were also wrong. 1 John 2:18 says there are many antichrist and the last antichrist who is the son of perdition , 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12, comes out of mystery Babylon that is described in Daniel Chapter 7 and Rev 17.

I'm not aware of us being told the exact time these events occurred.

That's odd since you say all those things have already come to pass, but you can't prove it. It pretty much discredits a person when they can not prove their point as it only shows one's own speculations. Jesus was very clear when all these things will come to pass. Maybe not exact dates, but by the signs He has already given beginning with the sorrows right up to the time of His return.

Matthew 24 are the predictions Jesus gave to His disciples on the Mount of Olives as He answered there three questions, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

The first thing Jesus told the disciples that sat with Him that the Temple would be destroyed, which happened in 70 A.D. Then Jesus told them to take heed that no man deceive you for many shall come in my name saying I am Christ and shall deceive many. This continues even more today then it did in the times of the disciples after Jesus was taken up to Heaven in a cloud.

From vs. 3-31 Jesus answers the "what " portion of their question as these are the beginning of sorrows that this and every generation there after would see in their lifetimes. These verses teach every generation about the tribulation to come and the second coming of Christ.

From vs. 32-51 Jesus answers the "when" portion of their questions about His second coming and the signs to watch for before He returns and gives them a parable of the fig tree and the illustrations of the days of Noah and the two servants.

"This generation" means starting with the generation from the time of the disciples after Jesus was take up to heaven to the last generation that will see God's great wrath being poured out into the world during the seven trumpets sounding and immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

I'm sorry you do not feel the need to share with us about this soul saving message, but just want to keep it to yourself.

You say we do not need other books of the Bible to help teach us what the revelation visions are that was given to John, but yet you display a website we are to believe in!!! Sorry, but without the teachings of prophecy in the OT there would be no way to understand in full the NT.

We do not have to spy out the future as scripture from Genesis to Revelation reveals all future events including our promised inheritance.

"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."
Jesus to the disciples as per Matt 24

"This generation" means starting with the generation from the time of the disciples after Jesus was take up to heaven to the last generation that will see God's great wrath being poured out into the world ....."

You claim "This generation" has lasted for about 2000 years and still not over.
Your interpretation of "This generation" is not merely false. It is absurd. Ridiculous.

John Prewett

Since you want to be rude and ignore what has already been written in the full context of the Bible that we have been trying to convey to you and would rather cling to your favorite website there is nothing more I can give to our conversation so you have a good day sir as I am done with this.

Is it a week from Tuesday?
Someone told me it was a week from Tuesday.
How do I get ready for it?
Should I sell my house and all my goods?
Should I go up on the nearest mountain and wait?
Come on, this is a Christian forum.
Some one should know what to tell me.
That has been done before and it turned out quite badly. (I’m not exaggerating. Believers did exactly
that and Jesus did not come on cue. I have no idea if anyone used the “and God cannot lie so He’ll come as promised” argument.)

Prepare your heart for trouble.
Prepare to be persecuted, jailed, tortured, killed.

If you die peacefully in your sleep, what have you lost? Nothing.
If Jesus returns in a Rapture event, what have you lost? Nothing.
If you go through the tribulation period, what have you gained by being prepared? A sure footing in Christ.

Prepare for the worst and trust in the Word.

There is actually is a way you can count down the days from one event to another. The event you will be counting down to is the destruction of Jerusalem. It is the day the armed forces of the north places an abomination that causes Jerusalems desolation. I would say this countdown is in scripture so that the saints in Israel would know when thier deliverance would arrive.
Here is the evants and the days to be counted.

I've read in scripture that most people in Israel worship thier king they have chosen for themselves during this time period. I suspect the sacrifice they make at this time is not for God but for thier king so don't assume it's something that it may not be. Keep your eyes open for a few years and maybe we will have a barometer.

It happened in the first cent, at least the bad stuff. Jesus has not yet come back but there are no plagues coming, no Beast (antichrist isn’t mentioned in Revelation), no beheading, no dying by the sword, so nothing to be done.

What they had to do to get ready was watch for the signs so you leave Jerusalem before it’s too late.

Back