Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

'When is the apocalypse?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Matthew 24:36
[ No One Knows the Day or Hour ] “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

Yes I thought so.

Jesus is telling His disciples, that He is returning on the feast of trumpets. That day occurs on a new moon which is signaled by the blowing of the shofar on either the 29th or 30th day, when the new moon is sighted.

Thus no man knows the day, (29th or 30th) or hour.

Paul says it this way -

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 1 Thessalonians 4:16

again

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1 Corinthians 15:51-52

JLB

Yes I thought so.

Jesus is telling His disciples, that He is returning on the feast of trumpets. That day occurs on a new moon which is signaled by the blowing of the shofar on either the 29th or 30th day, when the new moon is sighted.

Thus no man knows the day, (29th or 30th) or hour.

Paul says it this way -
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 1 Thessalonians 4:16
again
Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1 Corinthians 15:51-52
JLB

Paul wrote that and it was fulfilled around 2000 years ago.
Same for the end time scenario Jesus revealed some 2000 years ago.
Jesus had the foresight to tell us

Matthew 24:34
Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.
Mark 13:30
Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things happen.
Luke 21:32
“Truly, I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things are fulfilled.

Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.
Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things happen.
“Truly, I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things are fulfilled.

Yes this generation that sees the signs He gave will will not pass away until all things are fulfilled.

Do you believe His coming and the resurrection is past?

JLB

Matthew 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

This generation means a future generation that will see all these things come to pass in the end of days as they will know it is near, meaning the time of Christ return as Jesus gave all the generations what to watch for. Still even we of the generation today are waiting and can see some of those signs Jesus told us to look for being fulfilled, but yet the end is not here yet as much has to be fulfilled first.

Everything from Matthew 24:4-13 is the beginning of sorrows. This is what every generation from the time of the disciples asking those three questions of Christ on the mount of Olives that have lived and continue to live through that all must endure until the coming of the Lord.

The disciples never saw anything from Matthew 24:14-31 being fulfilled yet, but this generation in the end of days will see it all being fulfilled.

Yes this generation that sees the signs He gave will will not pass away until all things are fulfilled. Do you believe His coming and the resurrection is past? JLB

When was the temple destroyed ?

24 Jesus departed from the temple and was leaving when His disciples came to show Him the temple buildings. 2 Jesus answered them, “Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another that shall not be thrown down.”
Matt 24

Matthew 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

This generation means a future generation that will see all these things come to pass in the end of days as they will know it is near, meaning the time of Christ return as Jesus gave all the generations what to watch for. Still even we of the generation today are waiting and can see some of those signs Jesus told us to look for being fulfilled, but yet the end is not here yet as much has to be fulfilled first.

Everything from Matthew 24:4-13 is the beginning of sorrows. This is what every generation from the time of the disciples asking those three questions of Christ on the mount of Olives that have lived and continue to live through that all must endure until the coming of the Lord.

The disciples never saw anything from Matthew 24:14-31 being fulfilled yet, but this generation in the end of days will see it all being fulfilled.

24 Jesus departed from the temple and was leaving when His disciples came to show Him the temple buildings. 2 Jesus answered them, “Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another that shall not be thrown down.”
Matt 24

Matt 24

I asked you plainly.

Do you believe the resurrection is past?

It’s not hard.

JLB

The resurrection Jesus described of as per Matt 24 occurred about 2000 years in the past.
The resurrection revealed by Revelation 15, 19 and 20:4 is yet to come.

Please post the scripture from Matthew 24 you are referring to.

Here is the resurrection of the dead in Christ.

• For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

There is where the dead in Christ are resurrected from the dead.

Are you “in Christ”.

Has your physical body been resurrected from the dead?

Do you understand, that you yourself must physically die, and are buried, to be resurrected from the dead?

again

But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 1 Corinthians 15:20-24

• For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

All those who are Christ’s, will be resurrected from the dead, and made alive... at His coming..

JLB

Misery loves company. Satan hates to see you blessed. Satan had a problem.

How to keep people from seeking and finding the blessing promised by the Revelation.
Many/most people are curious about what is to come.
The Revelation’s first verses promise information about what is to come AND blessing for whosoever heeds it.

So, Satan looked for a way to sidetrack people who wanted to know about the future and thus might study-heed the Revelation and find the explicitly uniquely Revelation promised blessing.

ONE major way Satan came up with to sidetrack people was to convince people to think Paul wrote about and Jesus spoke about our end of era scenario.
So today, scads of christianish people think they know all about what is coming, when in fact they don’t know squat about what is coming.

Because Paul did not write about and Jesus did not talk about what is coming in our era
They wrote and spoke about what was coming in THAT era which came and went some 2000 years ago.

The Revelation was not for the generation-era that included the end of ancient Israel and destruction of the Temple.
The God sent Revelation was written with OUR generation/era in mind.
Satan is soooo happy when one ignores the Revelation revealed scenario and clings to a vision of the future that has already transpired.

Jesus said some 2000 years ago:
“Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.” Matthew 24:34

Matt 24

Was not the Temple being destroyed in 70AD a future prophecy of Jesus? Are we not that Temple of God now who dwells in us? Um, when did the son of perdition come and take his literal seat in Jerusalem causing all to take his mark? When did God's seven trumpet and seven vile judgements happen? When did the sun darken and the moon not give its light? And finally when did Jesus send the angels out to the four corners of the earth to gather those who are alive at His coming and those who are asleep in their graves as they both gathered together and are caught up to meet the Lord in the air?

Yes, I am being serious in wanting you to answer all these questions if you believe everything described in Matthew 24 was in their era.

The Revelation’s first verses promise information about what is to come AND blessing for whosoever heeds it.

What more is there to come that wasn't prophesied in the OT and as you put it fulfilled in the descriptions of Matthew 24 only being in their era?

Was not the Temple being destroyed in 70AD a future prophecy of Jesus?

Obviously Jesus predicted the destruction of the Temple ... and it came to pass nearly 2000 years ago.

Are we not that Temple of God now who dwells in us?

The Spirit of God dwells in Jesus's people. Amen.

Um, when did the son of perdition come and take his literal seat in Jerusalem causing all to take his mark? When did God's seven trumpet and seven vile judgments happen? When did the sun darken and the moon not give its light? And finally when did Jesus send the angels out to the four corners of the earth to gather those who are alive at His coming and those who are asleep in their graves as they both gathered together and are caught up to meet the Lord in the air?

I'm not aware of us being told the exact time these events occurred.

Due to Matt 24:34 I'm confident everything Jesus said it would happen in that generation happened in that generation.

Yes, I am being serious in wanting you to answer all these questions if you believe everything described in Matthew 24 was in their era.

Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. Matt 24:34

Jesus's word satisfies me that it all happened.
If you can't believe Jesus's word, that is your problem. Not mine.

Misery loves company. Satan hates to see you blessed. Satan had a problem.
How to keep people from seeking and finding the blessing promised by the Revelation.
Many/most people are curious about what is to come.

The Revelation’s first verses promise information about what is to come AND blessing for whosoever heeds it. So, Satan looked for a way to sidetrack people who wanted to know about the future and thus might study-heed the Revelation and find the explicitly uniquely Revelation promised blessing.

ONE major way Satan came up with to sidetrack people was to convince people
to think Paul wrote about and Jesus spoke about our end of era scenario.

So today, scads of christianish people think they know all about what is coming,
when in fact they don’t know squat about what is coming.

Because Paul did not write about and Jesus did not talk about what is coming in our era. They wrote and spoke about what was coming in THAT era which came and went some 2000 years ago.

The Revelation was not for the generation-era that included the end of ancient Israel and destruction of the Temple.

The God sent Revelation was written with OUR generation/era in mind.

Satan is soooo happy when one ignores the Revelation revealed scenario and clings to a vision of the future that has already transpired.

Jesus said some 2000 years ago:

“Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.” Matthew 24:34

So, Satan looked for a way to sidetrack people who wanted to know about the future and thus might study-heed the Revelation and find the explicitly uniquely Revelation promised blessing.

Satan does side track those who lack knowledge as he presents a deceptive word of God twisting scriptures and adding to and taking away from it as many do not search the scriptures for themselves through the guidance of the Holy Spirit teaching them.

All one has to do is read and understand the OT of who has always held captive those of God's own. I has to read and understand all the prophecies of the OT Prophets, to understand what will come in the end of days as we will see history repeat itself as in the final siege of Jerusalem.

During its long history, Jerusalem has been destroyed at least twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times. The last time will be in the end of days when once again history will repeat itself when Jerusalem will be taken captive by the son of perdition, but not only Jerusalem, but this time it will be a global take over when the son of perdition being the beast out of the earth takes his literal seat ruling from Jerusalem for 3 12 years causing all to take his mark or be killed.

Revelation 13->forward reveals soul saving blessing conveying information about our end of era scenario FOUND NOWHERE ELSE.

Can you explain this soul saving blessing as what I read in Rev 13 will be the greatest time of temptation for the saints of God as those who are of Christ will have to endure much persecution, even to death if they haven't fled this abomination.

If my vision of the future is correct,
New York City will soon be destroyed. ...
and saints all over the world who are "waiting on the Lord" will be empowered
as per Isaiah 40:31

It's not only NY being the first state that has agreed with this new abortion holocaust, but many State legislators are considering to join in. If you want to believe in all that garbage this website puts out there be my quest as they line their pockets with others hard earned money to support their false ministries and propaganda like I use to monetarily support. Boarder wars has nothing to do with a NWO or a cashless society.

Isaiah 40:31 has been for every generation of faith in God up to the last generation who trust in God, but are weakened by the final siege against them.

BTW, President Trump is not the so called Antichrist (emphasis on the capital A) as scripture never defines just one and throughout history many have claimed those they thought would be Antichrist, but were also wrong. 1 John 2:18 says there are many antichrist and the last antichrist who is the son of perdition , 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12, comes out of mystery Babylon that is described in Daniel Chapter 7 and Rev 17.

John Prewett said:
Revelation 13->forward reveals soul saving blessing conveying information about our end of era scenario FOUND NOWHERE ELSE.

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to Him to show to His servants things which must soon take place. He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,
........... 3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy and keep those things which are written in it, for the time is near. Rev 1:1-3

Over 40 years ago I believed and took to heart the above scripture. Best decision I ever made. I diligently looked for the blessing promised by the Revelation. I am very grateful for blessing conveyed by the Revelation. I advise all to seek the Revelation blessing. To get the blessing, One must believe and heed the Revelation.
Heed the Revelation ... not books about the Revelation. Just read heed
the Revelation ... without trying to correlate to other books of the Bible.
Heed the Revelation if you want the blessing promised by the Revelation.

Can you explain this soul saving blessing

No. One must seek it and see it for oneself.

as what I read in Rev 13 will be the greatest time of temptation for the saints of God as those who are of Christ will have to endure much persecution, even to death if they haven't fled this abomination.

The God-sent Revelation enables the reader to “spy out” the future.
To “spy” out OUR “promised land.”

Moses sent out 12 spies (Numbers 13,14).

Ten came back and made people fearful by focusing on how big and powerful the inhabitants were.
Two came back and reported the land was good and with God's help they could take it.

Guess which spies got blessed.

Great opportunity is set before us. Opportunity to REIGN WITH CHRIST

Back