Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Where Did the Idea of a Flat Earth Originate?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
According to NASA and NASA's spoke Person Tyson, you can not see the curvature of the Earth until you are over 100 miles above earth. The Earth is far to big. Some people's vision rounds things down at the corners or it might be the convex glass used for the Airplane windows.

However, I believe Scripture. Flat, not moving, not flying through space. I don't need the physical evidence For Earth Creation or Jesus being real.

I Have gathered though for others many counter arguments to the ball earth model. My Hope is that Christians at least start believe ALL Their scripture over things they are told. We walk by faith not by sight.

Have a blessed day.
If the earth curves 8 inches for every mile. You would think that you would see the curve at far lower altitudes. 8 inches for every mile is quite a curve, is it not?

`

You could prove it Mike by going to the edge and jumping off :)

A simple joke is not mocking God ..

I understand it was a Joke Reba, but Creation is important. There is absolutely Nothing in Scripture depicting a Earth that is round, spins or fly's through space. In fact, you can't even prove it without NASA and government propaganda by the same folks feeding us Evolution. There are no tools we have to prove it's a ball. God made a Plane, set the Moon and Stars above us. Not planets, Not some vast space, but an enclosed system where He is just right above and we are special.

Anyway, thank you for posting back.
Mike.

If the earth curves 8 inches for every mile. You would think that you would see the curve at far lower altitudes. 8 inches for every mile is quite a curve, is it not?

It's 6 feet for 3 miles. So a boat only 4 foot high would vanish over water at 3 miles and we know that is not true. It's about 5 miles where water refracts up to the Horizon and you need something to zoom in. Perspective and atmosphere really hinder the Human eye unaided. There is no curvature though.

My friend and Engineer Dr. Zack. Straight line laser over water 3 miles.

That is still a Go-pro fish eye lense shot Should be more curved or can be convex.. But you need to be 100 Miles up to see the curve according to NASA.

Mike.
I don't understand.
Didn't you say there is no curve?
A fisheye lens makes every pix you take with it look curved.
What have I misunderstood?

Last edited:
I don't understand.
Didn't you say there is no curve?
A fisheye lens makes ever pix you take with it look curved.
What have I misunderstood?

According to NASA, The Human eye can not perceive the Curve until your 100 Miles up. That means nobody can get high enough to notice the earth curvature. However, folks claim that boats vanish over the horizon at 5 miles out because the Earth is curved. You can't have it both ways.

A Go pro lens will make things look convex then concave as the camera changes angle. There is software to correct this post video.

I have a picture over Russia in my book I made here. The Picture shows more than just a flat Earth at 25 miles up. It shows the Moon giving "her" own light independent of the angle of the sun. There is a whole lot we need to know, because the phases of the moon, eclipses, do not coincide with the angle of the sun positions all the time. NASA Passes this off as a trick of refraction, but we know that is nonsense as refraction does not explain it.

What we know is that the Heliocentric model presented is wrong on so many levels, the fake CGI NASA cranks out, the way the information was handled in Einstein's time with the theory of special relativity, the whole thing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--BD9lsZ13DS2VJd1dlTTRTVUk/view

According to NASA, The Human eye can not perceive the Curve until your 100 Miles up. That means nobody can get high enough to notice the earth curvature. However, folks claim that boats vanish over the horizon at 5 miles out because the Earth is curved. You can't have it both ways.

A Go pro lens will make things look convex then concave as the camera changes angle. There is software to correct this post video.

I have a picture over Russia in my book I made here. The Picture shows more than just a flat Earth at 25 miles up. It shows the Moon giving "her" own light independent of the angle of the sun. There is a whole lot we need to know, because the phases of the moon, eclipses, do not coincide with the angle of the sun positions all the time. NASA Passes this off as a trick of refraction, but we know that is nonsense as refraction does not explain it.

What we know is that the Heliocentric model presented is wrong on so many levels, the fake CGI NASA cranks out, the way the information was handled in Einstein's time with the theory of special relativity, the whole thing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--BD9lsZ13DS2VJd1dlTTRTVUk/view
Hi Brother Mike,
Will be looking at your link above.

In the meantime, someone here, I believe Jacks Bratt , mentioned the book of Enoch.

I have a book with The Secrets of Enoch in it.
Chapters 15 to 17 speak to this formation of the earth.
I don't know if it's going to help you or hinder you (I doubt you could be hindered!)
since I don't understand all this very well, but I'm posting it below.

Wondering

Chapter 15

The elements of the sun, the Phoenixes and Chalkydri broke into song

1 Then the elements of the sun, called Phoenixes and Chalkydri break into song, therefore every bird flutters with its wings, rejoicing at the giver of light, and they broke into song at the command of the Lord.

2 The giver of light comes to give brightness to the whole world, and the morning guard takes shape, which is the rays of the sun, and the sun of the earth goes out, and receives its brightness to light up the whole face of the earth, and they showed me this calculation of the sun’s going.

3 And the gates which it enters, these are the great gates of the calculation of the hours of the year; for this reason the sun is a great creation, whose circuit lasts twenty-eight years, and begins again from the beginning.

Chapter 16

They took Enoch and again placed him in the east at the course of the moon

1 Those men showed me the other course, that of the moon, twelve great gates, crowned from west to east, by which the moon goes in and out of the customary times.

2 It goes in at the first gate to the western places of the sun, by the first gates with thirty-one days exactly, by the second gates with thirty-one days exactly, by the third with thirty days exactly, by the fourth with thirty days exactly, by the fifth with thirty-one days exactly, by the sixth with thirty-one days exactly, by the seventh with thirty days exactly, by the eighth with thirty-one days perfectly, by the ninth with thirty-one days exactly, by the tenth with thirty days perfectly, by the eleventh with thirty-one days exactly, by the twelfth with twenty-eight days exactly.

3 And it goes through the western gates in the order and number of the eastern, and accomplishes the three hundred and sixty-five and a quarter days of the solar year, while the lunar year has three hundred fifty-four, and there are wanting to it twelve days of the solar circle, which are the lunar epacts of the whole year.

4 Thus, too, the great circle contains five hundred and thirty-two years.

5 The quarter of a day is omitted for three years, the fourth fulfills it exactly.

6 Therefore they are taken outside of heaven for three years and are not added to the number of days, because they change the time of the years to two new months towards completion, to two others towards diminution.

7 And when the western gates are finished, it returns and goes to the eastern to the lights, and goes thus day and night about the heavenly circles, lower than all circles, swifter than the heavenly winds, and spirits and elements and angels flying; each angel has six wings.

8 It has a sevenfold course in nineteen years.

Chapter 17

Of the singings of the angels, which it is impossible to describe

1 In the midst of the heavens I saw armed soldiers, serving the Lord, with tympana and organs, with incessant voice, with sweet voice, with sweet and incessant voice and various singing, which it is impossible to describe, and which astonishes every mind, so wonderful and marvellous is the singing of those angels, and I was delighted listening to it.

end.

I answered that question already.
I said if you believe something enough, it becomes true.
As in your case.
Or rather, as in your case. Do you believe the earth is flat? Do you seriously believe that the picture you posted doesn't show a curve? I can see the curve and when I hold a straight edge up to it, it shows it's curved.

I understand it was a Joke Reba, but Creation is important. There is absolutely Nothing in Scripture depicting a Earth that is round, spins or fly's through space. In fact, you can't even prove it without NASA and government propaganda by the same folks feeding us Evolution. There are no tools we have to prove it's a ball. God made a Plane, set the Moon and Stars above us. Not planets, Not some vast space, but an enclosed system where He is just right above and we are special.

Anyway, thank you for posting back.
Mike.
the scriptures also say the earth has a face .. have your seen it.? they also say it has a mouth... if the earth only has 4 corners it is not only in flat but zero depth as a cube has more then 4 corners..

Feel free to discuss the "science," or lack thereof, of a flat earth, but conspiracy theories will no longer be allowed in this thread as they are in violation of the TOS.

Or rather, as in your case. Do you believe the earth is flat? Do you seriously believe that the picture you posted doesn't show a curve? I can see the curve and when I hold a straight edge up to it, it shows it's curved.
I've recently had an eye exam.
It's your turn now.

Feel free to discuss the "science," or lack thereof, of a flat earth, but conspiracy theories will no longer be allowed in this thread as they are in violation of the TOS.
Is the flat earth the conspiracy, or the round earth?

Since this is a Christianity and Science forum, why are we only allowed to discuss science?

2.14: 1.3: If you feel that any action taken was unfair, it can be appealed. To appeal an action taken against you by CF.net staff, you are advised to start a new thread in the ‘Talk With the Staff’ forum area. Threads in this forum are viewable only by the person initiating the thread and CF.net staff. In this private venue, anyone on the CF.net staff may respond, and the OP can address his/her concerns with regard to the action taken. This forum is primarily intended for appeals to actions by CF.net staff. TWTS area may also be used, according to Staff discretion, for other expedient purpose of communication. If a member agrees or disagrees with a Moderator's decision, they are not to make their opinion public.(see 1.3)

2.14: 1.3: If you feel that any action taken was unfair, it can be appealed. To appeal an action taken against you by CF.net staff, you are advised to start a new thread in the ‘Talk With the Staff’ forum area. Threads in this forum are viewable only by the person initiating the thread and CF.net staff. In this private venue, anyone on the CF.net staff may respond, and the OP can address his/her concerns with regard to the action taken. This forum is primarily intended for appeals to actions by CF.net staff. TWTS area may also be used, according to Staff discretion, for other expedient purpose of communication. If a member agrees or disagrees with a Moderator's decision, they are not to make their opinion public.(see 1.3)
Ok, Sorry, will follow forum rules.

This is one of my hurdles. Science states that the earth curves 8 inches for every mile squared. That makes a drop of 266feet in 20 miles.
Science also states, or NASA states, that you cannot see the curve until 100 miles up.

To me, these two scientific facts do not mix well.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back