Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Where Did the Idea of a Flat Earth Originate?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have no reason to go into the is there a hell? what is a soul? where is the lost after they pass?
Come on Jason, we all want to hear from you on this subject.
You're good at it.
Show us what you got.

It's just a thread,
it's just a thread,
the thread you want.....

Come on Jason, we all want to hear from you on this subject.
You're good at it.
Show us what you got.

It's just a thread,
it's just a thread,
the thread you want.....
On sheol? sheol if I'm going to do that will not include what is a soul though that has to be touched on,or whether or not God uses torment forever.

The image looks old and is uses catholic info.while a jew might believe it that way I will not refer to a pre rennasciance or enlightment age rcc belief.I'll use what the bible says or the mishnah or talmud.

On sheol? sheol if I'm going to do that will not include what is a soul though that has to be touched on,or whether or not God uses torment forever.

The image looks old and is uses catholic info.while a jew might believe it that way I will not refer to a pre rennasciance or enlightment age rcc belief.I'll use what the bible says or the mishnah or talmud.
How about the Roman Catholic Catechism?

How about the Roman Catholic Catechism?
Those will be revelano but since I'm looking at sheol fRom a strict hebrew view I will not use them . after the resurrection the idea of gehenna and the lake of fire comes into play.the jews have teachings on gehenna.

Those will be revelano but since I'm looking at sheol fRom a strict hebrew view I will not use them . after the resurrection the idea of gehenna and the lake of fire comes into play.the jews have teachings on gehenna.
Well don't tell me, start the thread,
Come on, we're all waiting now!!!

Actually Jason,
This is very interesting and you should start a thread.
Some believe there is NO hell.
Actually there's only one verse in the N.T. that refers to hell and it says that it's for demons.
DO IT!

I have no idea what you are referring too? Do you mean your faith that the earth is flat?
Well, I wasn't sure what you were talking about in your last post maybe, so we got lost somewhere.
Don't blame me, I'm human.
By the way, isn't it time you put a picture up of yourself?
We're all dying to see what you look like.
We talk about it all the time at the water cooler.

The Bible is the one thing I always believe.
I always have since the day I got saved back in 1985.
It is the one constant in my life.
I may not understand it all but I believe it anyway.
I'm dedicated to God's Word.
When the Bible says the sun goes across the Earth and then hurries back to the beginning, I don't need to believe the Earth is round or flat.
I just need to believe that the sun is the one moving, not the Earth.
You can go figure out the rest.
Just don't contradict God's Word.
Ok, thanks. I was just a bit confused as in post # 167 you said: " I don't believe anything".
Didn't know if you meant the Bible, also, as your avatar doesn't indicate whether you are Christian or anything else.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Personally, I believe that the Book of Enoch is an important text. I believe that things have greatly changed since the days of Adam and Eve. I believe that we will be very surprised when we get to glory and are given knowledge of everything.

Allen Wynne said:
Well, I'm told we have 6 copies of Socrates.
So if you believe it, then you'll believe anything.
I don't believe anything.
If I did, I'd be putting down the Bible like so many others around here do.

Could you please just tell me if you're referring to:
The Book of the Secrets of Enoch

Thanks.
I am no expert on its name. I know it as "the book of Enoch". There are lots of places to read up on it, or read it. Check this site, it is interesting....

http://reluctant-messenger.com/enoch.htm

We first learn of Enoch in Genesis 5 but it leaves us with questions. Hebrews 11 has the answers and Jude quotes Enoch! How did Jude come to know the words of Enoch? They are not in the Bible. The answer of course, is The Book of Enoch. A book which is actually quoted by Jude in the New Testament.

Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, "and was not found, because God had taken him"; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Jude 1:14-15 [14] Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, "Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, [15] to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him."

Ok, thanks. I was just a bit confused as in post # 167 you said: " I don't believe anything".
Didn't know if you meant the Bible, also, as your avatar doesn't indicate whether you are Christian or anything else.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Personally, I believe that the Book of Enoch is an important text. I believe that things have greatly changed since the days of Adam and Eve. I believe that we will be very surprised when we get to glory and are given knowledge of everything.

Allen Wynne said:
Well, I'm told we have 6 copies of Socrates.
So if you believe it, then you'll believe anything.
I don't believe anything.
If I did, I'd be putting down the Bible like so many others around here do.
Hi, I did not clarify myself at all.
Sorry.
Everyone believes what the book of Socrates says and that it all comes from him, but we have many thousands of texts of the Bible just as old or older and everyone wants to question it.
I guess that bothers me.

I am no expert on its name. I know it as "the book of Enoch". There are lots of places to read up on it, or read it. Check this site, it is interesting....

We first learn of Enoch in Genesis 5 but it leaves us with questions. Hebrews 11 has the answers and Jude quotes Enoch! How did Jude come to know the words of Enoch? They are not in the Bible. The answer of course, is The Book of Enoch. A book which is actually quoted by Jude in the New Testament.

Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, "and was not found, because God had taken him"; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Jude 1:14-15 [14] Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, "Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, [15] to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him."
Job 29:18;
"Then I said, I will die in my nest, and I shall multiply my days as the Phoenix".

The original King James had this translation.
But as time went on, science convinced the church that the Phoenix never existed, and so the translators changed things to their secondary interpretation.
After all, how can we have a bird in the Bible if it never existed?
And yet, we have no problem referring to a dragon because we can symbolize it.

And now here you will have us believe a book that is suspect at best.
Sounds like a double standard.

Sorry.
Everyone believes what the book of Socrates says and that it all comes from him, but we have many thousands of texts of the Bible just as old or older and everyone wants to question it.
I guess that bothers me.
It bothers me, at times, too. The biblical scriptures have more original copies and there is less time from the events to the time they were recorded, than all of the academically accepted works of philosophy. The Bible is sound and reinforces by these documents yet it conflicts with what man wants us to believe and wants to teach us. Thus it is falsely criticized on the basis of its origins.

Job 29:18;
"Then I said, I will die in my nest, and I shall multiply my days as the Phoenix".

The original King James had this translation.
But as time went on, science convinced the church that the Phoenix never existed, and so the translators changed things to their secondary interpretation.
After all, how can we have a bird in the Bible if it never existed?
And yet, we have no problem referring to a dragon because we can symbolize it.

And now here you will have us believe a book that is suspect at best.
Sounds like a double standard.
I understand, you don't believe the book of Enoch. That's fine. I'm not here to convince you. Have your read it? It has the most interesting analogy of the history of the universe. From Adam, right up to the end of days... all using animals as the characters.... quite fascinating.

I understand, you don't believe the book of Enoch. That's fine. I'm not here to convince you. Have your read it? It has the most interesting analogy of the history of the universe. From Adam, right up to the end of days... all using animals as the characters.... quite fascinating.
No, I haven't read it, but I did read Bel and the Dragon, that at least made it to the apocrypha.

Sorry.
I guess that bothers me.
The bible is the most reliable book we have.
Every fragment that has been found matches to what is written in the bible.
Fragments of the N.T. can be dated back to the 200's, which is truly incredible.
I agree with Jacks Bratt post no. 215.
Modern society does not want the bible to be true; it would disturb their lifestyle.

Wondering

Thanks.
Will check it out.

Wondering

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back