Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where Is Steve Jobs Now?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
W

Webers_Home

Steve Jobs' religion of choice was Buddhism; a religious philosophy invented by a man named Siddhartha Guatama; a.k.a. the Buddha; which is a rub because according to the testimony of the Bible's Christ as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to the hereafter, one's choice of spiritual master is what ultimately decides everybody's fate.

†. John 14:6 . . Jesus said unto him: I am the path, and the truth; no man comes unto the Father but by me.

However, after reading about Jobs in the Oct 27, 2011 issue of Rolling Stone; I'd have to say that, Buddhism aside, he wouldn't have made it to safety when he crossed over to the other side anyway. The reason being that the Bible's heaven is a place of kindness, patience, honesty, scruples, understanding, compassion, pity, and sympathy. Somebody with Jobs' personality can't be allowed to go there. It wouldn't be fair to the others; and besides; he wouldn't fit in anyway.

I once heard a preacher spin a rather realistic yarn about a bus load of hades' inmates who were issued a 30-day pass for R&R in the Bible's heaven. They all came back the very first night because the Bible's heaven was much too oppressive and much too invasive. There was no democracy, no privacy, no vice, no freedom of speech, no separation of church and state, no freedom of religion, and everybody had to go to the same church and sing the same hymns; plus: heaven's etiquette— its dress code, its rules of conduct, and its civility —were way too strict. Especially unacceptable was the mandatory self control everyone had to exercise in their choice of words to avoid chafing people and/or hurting their feelings.

In other words; Heaven's utopian society, coupled with its 24/7 Big Brother oversight, was just simply too much to ask in exchange for some time off. In their opinion the Bible's heaven is very disagreeable; in other words: it sucks. At least in the Bible's hell, nobody has to watch their language, be nice, be courteous, be reasonable, and/or keep a civil tongue in their head.

†. Mtt 5:3 . . Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

†. Mtt 5:5 . . Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

†. Mtt 5:7 . . Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

†. Mtt 5:9 . . Blessed are the peaceable, for they will be called sons of God.

I think that anyone who knew Jobs in his prime of life, and/or ever worked under his supervision, would agree that he utterly failed to exemplify even a single one of those four attributes.

Cliff
/

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not so much a "Bible Study", so I'm moving it to the General Forum.

Carry on...

Steve Jobs' religion of choice was Buddhism; a religious philosophy invented by a man named Siddhartha Guatama; a.k.a. the Buddha; which is a rub because according to the testimony of the Bible's Christ as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to the hereafter, one's choice of spiritual master is what ultimately decides everybody's fate.

†. John 14:6 . . Jesus said unto him: I am the path, and the truth; no man comes unto the Father but by me.

However, after reading about Jobs in the Oct 27, 2011 issue of Rolling Stone; I'd have to say that, Buddhism aside, he wouldn't have made it to safety when he crossed over to the other side anyway. The reason being that the Bible's heaven is a place of kindness, patience, honesty, scruples, understanding, compassion, pity, and sympathy. Somebody with Jobs' personality can't be allowed to go there. It wouldn't be fair to the others; and besides; he wouldn't fit in anyway.

I once heard a preacher spin a rather realistic yarn about a bus load of hades' inmates who were issued a 30-day pass for R&R in the Bible's heaven. They all came back the very first night because the Bible's heaven was much too oppressive and much too invasive. There was no democracy, no privacy, no vice, no freedom of speech, no separation of church and state, no freedom of religion, and everybody had to go to the same church and sing the same hymns; plus: heaven's etiquette— its dress code, its rules of conduct, and its civility —were way too strict. Especially unacceptable was the mandatory self control everyone had to exercise in their choice of words to avoid chafing people and/or hurting their feelings.

In other words; Heaven's utopian society, coupled with its 24/7 Big Brother oversight, was just simply too much to ask in exchange for some time off. In their opinion the Bible's heaven is very disagreeable; in other words: it sucks. At least in the Bible's hell, nobody has to watch their language, be nice, be courteous, be reasonable, and/or keep a civil tongue in their head.

†. Mtt 5:3 . . Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

†. Mtt 5:5 . . Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

†. Mtt 5:7 . . Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

†. Mtt 5:9 . . Blessed are the peaceable, for they will be called sons of God.

I think that anyone who knew Jobs in his prime of life, and/or ever worked under his supervision, would agree that he utterly failed to exemplify even a single one of those four attributes.

Cliff
/

Well this is interesting. Is it Steve Jobs Religion that might not have allowed him to haven or his manners and flawed character? I'm confused :confused:

Pretty sure Hell. He wasn't a Christian although I believe Buddhists can still enter Heaven. I personally agree with all Buddhist teachings but I am a Christian.

Pretty sure Hell. He wasn't a Christian although I believe Buddhists can still enter Heaven. I personally agree with all Buddhist teachings but I am a Christian.
I don't know a lot about Buddhism so you've got me curious. Why do you believe this man is in hell if you believe a Buddhist can still enter heaven? Where do you see any consistency between Buddhism and Christianity?
Westtexas

I suppose it depends if he either had a bed side conversion, (Which only 1 out of 10 are true conversions.), or if he became a Christain in the last few months and the media didn't have the gull to say so.

I don't know a lot about Buddhism so you've got me curious. Why do you believe this man is in hell if you believe a Buddhist can still enter heaven? Where do you see any consistency between Buddhism and Christianity?
Westtexas
I believe Christians can also be Buddhists. However he was just a Buddhist.

I believe Christians can also be Buddhists. However he was just a Buddhist.

I suppose a person can call themselves anything they want, but that does not mean that's who they are.

Might I ask how you think a person can truly be a Christan and also follow the teachings of Buddha?

I suppose a person can call themselves anything they want, but that does not mean that's who they are.

Might I ask how you think a person can truly be a Christan and also follow the teachings of Buddha?
Buddhism teaches how to end suffering. In fact they have no specific deity to worship.

If you want to know how Steve was feeling about God and religion in general near the end of his life, read his authorized biography when it comes out. It's sure to be a best seller.

As for his heart at the end of his life, that's between he and the Lord. I don't know what personal decisions he made in his last days and don't care to speculate. One can only hope. :yes What ever he had done in the past will remain there if he made the right choice.

Eric, a Christian may have some of the same basic moral beliefs as a Buddhist, but they can't be both.

No one can serve two masters.

Don't really care about him being a buddist, think of the few billion that are born and indoctrinated to follow buddism in the culture of their parents. Their minds are basically made up for them by the culture they're born into and damned to hell because of it. They're millions of children now being taught it, shame they'll go to hell when they become accountable if they die.

Back