Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Which one are you?

Well, go on, pick ONE!

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
1) Some say: Believe + Baptized = Saved

2) Universalist says: Not Believe + Not Baptized = Saved

3) Atheist says: Believe + Baptized = Not Saved

4) Infant Baptism says: Not Believe + Baptized = Saved

5) Others say: Belief = Saved

Those who obey the Gospel are saved; born again, regenerated.

Those who endure to the end will be saved.

JLB

JM
I guess I'm sorta #1, with a twist.
You didn't mention being washed in the blood of Christ in water immersion baptism.

After I believed, (Leading to salvation), I was buried (Immersed) in the baptismal waters of salvation (Saved), to be washed in the blood of the lamb, Romans 6:3, and I received forgiveness of my sins, and I received the gift of the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:38. After coming up out of the water, raised to walk in newness of life, I am now a new creation and I have received a conditional down payment on my eternal life with Christ, as I walk with Him and endure to the very end.

Seasoned by Grace

However, if a young man was saved Friday night, and called a Church Saturday morning to be baptized Sunday morning, but that night (Saturday) the inevitable happened and he ends up dieing. I believe he will go to Heaven. This does not try to justify that he was not yet baptized, because I believe in baptism, but if he repented and gave his life to the Lord. He's Saved!!
Darn, I was going to use a similar example to shoot down your belief. Of course, you also need a verse to back it up.
... and a verse to save the guy that makes a death bed confession (assuming you give that person a 'get of to hell free' card too)

.... and this belief implies you are saved by 'faith + works' which some have an issue with

IMO

Darn, I was going to use a similar example to shoot down your belief. Of course, you also need a verse to back it up.
... and a verse to save the guy that makes a death bed confession (assuming you give that person a 'get of to hell free' card too)

.... and this belief implies you are saved by 'faith + works' which some have an issue with

IMO
Saved by faith is just that.
God makes it simple.
But when you get there and God has time to be alone with you, and he asks you, "so, what have done for me lately"?
That's a question people tend to ask about God, those who don't believe because of their hardships.
James says in his letter, "I'll show you my faith by my works".
Such a person will have a lot to share with Jesus.
But.......
When God says, "okay everyone, pack up your gear, I'm gonna show you a few Galaxies I created".
Unless a person has a new spiritual body, he can't go, can he?
No, we all get spiritual bodies if we're in heaven.
A deathbed cry to God will get him to heaven.
What he has done wrong in this flaky world in 70 or so years, or what he has done right will still be forgotten.
Revelation 21:4; "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
If the old order of things has passed away, that means everything.
Revelation 21:5; "He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
A new heaven and a new earth;
Revelation 21:1a; "Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away," .....

Everything is new.
New Earth
New Heaven
New bodies
Everything old has passed away.

Saved by faith is just that.
God makes it simple.
But when you get there and God has time to be alone with you, and he asks you, "so, what have done for me lately"?
That's a question people tend to ask about God, those who don't believe because of their hardships.
James says in his letter, "I'll show you my faith by my works".
Such a person will have a lot to share with Jesus.
But.......
When God says, "okay everyone, pack up your gear, I'm gonna show you a few Galaxies I created".
Unless a person has a new spiritual body, he can't go, can he?
No, we all get spiritual bodies if we're in heaven.
A deathbed cry to God will get him to heaven.
What he has done wrong in this flaky world in 70 or so years, or what he has done right will still be forgotten.
Revelation 21:4; "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
If the old order of things has passed away, that means everything.
Revelation 21:5; "He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
A new heaven and a new earth;
Revelation 21:1a; "Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away," .....

Everything is new.
New Earth
New Heaven
New bodies
Everything old has passed away.
Great post.
:clap

Is it true that the spirit is saved by faith but the soul is saved by sanctification?

We as a complete human being are saved by believing and therefore obeying the Gospel, which means Jesus is our Lord, and we should obey Him as Lord.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:9

What do you believe Jesus wants us to do, as His people?

JLB

Is it true that the spirit is saved by faith but the soul is saved by sanctification?
This is a great question and I wanted to reply to it and see what you think.

There are two beliefs for how we humans are put together.

1. We have a body. We have a soul/spirit. (combined.

2. We have a body. We have a soul. We have a spirit.

For number1 the reply to your question would be that a person is saved by faith and sanctification since soul and spirit are one.

For number 2 the reply would be that our spirit is saved by faith....
Faith has an affect on our soul. The soul includes our will...so, if we tended to lie, our saved spirit will tend to make us stop lying since it has an affect on the soul. So yes, the spirit is saved by faith...our spirit is attuned to God and it's faith that saves us. Our soul becomes sanctified because our spirit is saved and has faith in God and so our sanctification will continue till the day we die - hopefully making us become better and better persons.

2 Timothy 2:21
21Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.

2 Thessalonians 5:23
23Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Back