Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Which part of you is God (if any) ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
glorydaz said:
Cornelius said:
It indeed seems that Scripture is against you and what you preach.

No, are you still insisting we will be as gods?
Seems that's pretty much word for word what satan told Eve.

Being like Christ and partaking of His divine nature is a far cry from what you're attempting to push. I'm not really sure why you have such a desire to think of yourself as divine, but it's the direct opposite of what Jesus taught.

I will repeat: There is no "being a god" in my posting. Why? Because I am indeed dead and crucified with Christ. So dead men are no gods. Do you understand that?

Gal 2:20 says: I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I that live (so I am not longer in the equation ), but Christ living in me: (This part is God, because its definitely not me, as we have seen, I am dead) and that life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, (Yes, at the moment ,everything that I say to you and the way I live today, I say and do by faith , because I cannot see the manifestation YET, but I WILL ) the faith which is in the Son of God,(Amen, I have faith in Jesus Christ,) who loved me, and gave himself up for me (Through His love, He made the exchange for me ).

Christians are not fully human like their unsaved neighbors. Christians have God dwelling in them and Christians have died to self.Our "seat of sin" (flesh) have been crucified . That part of Christians are dead. Spiritually speaking , the only person who are allowed to live in us now is Christ.(God)

Now God points out to us in the letter to the Corinthians, that He wants us to "see" Jesus (the glory of the Lord) in the mirror. Now this of course is spiritual . We are not to "see" our sinful self anymore, but we must look with the eyes of faith and see Jesus in the mirror. That means, we are seeing something by faith , even though we are not seeing the full manifestation YET. But if we do not do what God tells us to do in this verse, we will never see this manifestation.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face (The veil gets taken away from our face, when we understand grace correctly ) beholding as in a mirror ("as" ,means, "just as if " so its not talking about a real mirror, but one that we imagine) the glory of the Lord, (Jesus Christ) are transformed into the same image (If we do this, we are transformed into the same thing we see : Jesus Christ ) from glory to glory (into the glory of Christ), even as from the Lord the Spirit. (The Holy Spirit does this in those who do this )

glorydaz said:
Cornelius said:
Geo said:
Good to point at the ONLY other 2 verses after Genesis in the KJV where 'as God' or 'as gods' is used in the way where it either identifies with God, or shows the countefeit subsitute (instead of God):

2Co 13:1 ........... At the mouth of two witnesses or three shall every word be established.

Here's one...
Genesis 3:5 said:
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Here's two....
[quote="Isaiah 14:12-16":1yd4lv7j]
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
And here's another...
2 Thess. 2 said:
3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
[/quote:1yd4lv7j]

Yes of course. We all understand the Lucifer situation in context. This is the opposite of what I am talking about. Here we clearly see Lucifer reaching through SELF and saying HE WILL. "...shewing himself that HE IS God" . This is the New Age teaching still today.

I am talking, as I have shown through Scripture: The way that God has prepared for us, through His Son Jesus.I am not even telling you something new. This is the teaching that Paul and the Apostles taught.

Cornelius said:
glorydaz said:
Cornelius said:
It indeed seems that Scripture is against you and what you preach.

No, are you still insisting we will be as gods?
Seems that's pretty much word for word what satan told Eve.

Being like Christ and partaking of His divine nature is a far cry from what you're attempting to push. I'm not really sure why you have such a desire to think of yourself as divine, but it's the direct opposite of what Jesus taught.

I will repeat: There is no "being a god" in my posting. Why? Because I am indeed dead and crucified with Christ. So dead men are no gods. Do you understand that?

Gal 2:20 says: I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I that live (so I am not longer in the equation ), but Christ living in me: (This part is God, because its definitely not me, as we have seen, I am dead) and that life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, (Yes, at the moment ,everything that I say to you and the way I live today, I say and do by faith , because I cannot see the manifestation YET, but I WILL ) the faith which is in the Son of God,(Amen, I have faith in Jesus Christ,) who loved me, and gave himself up for me (Through His love, He made the exchange for me ).

Christians are not fully human like their unsaved neighbors. Christians have God dwelling in them and Christians have died to self.Our "seat of sin" (flesh) have been crucified . That part of Christians are dead. Spiritually speaking , the only person who are allowed to live in us now is Christ.(God)

Cornelius said:
A Son of God is a God.

I'm sure you can understand why one might think you are saying we're gods.

Perhaps you aren't meaning to say it, but it keeps sounding that way, to me.
I'll just bow out, I guess, because this conversation seems to be fruitless.

Of course are "sons of God " God. LOL. What do you think they are?

You keep on inserting yourself (son of man) into this equation and you seem unable to grasp the Son of God in you as God.

Jesus was a Son of Man through Mary. That part of Him was not God, it is called "Son of MAN "
Inside the vessel of flesh that was man, He carried Christ, the Son of God. That was God.

He set the example for us. Now we have to become like Him.In fact, we are to already see ourselves like Him ...........by faith.........because the Bible says that we are already like Him now (even though we cannot always see the manifestation of it) 1Jn 4:17 ........because as he is, even so are we in this world. Note: In THIS world. It is not speaking of heaven here.

We see Him in the 'mirror" 2Co 3:18..........beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord,............

Yes, that is so. We see Christ in the mirror, because a mirror reflects the person who is looking into it. It reflects the image.2Co 3:18 ........... into the same image..........

If we do not understand death to self, then we cannot understand this.Then we always look to ourselves and say: But I am not God. (which is true, but we are DEAD in the eyes of God)

Death to self happens through faith in the fact and then we have to walk out that fact. Daily we choose to either submit to the Word in our actions (that would cause death to self) or we choose to follow our flesh (that would cause our flesh to stay alive) Without this death and crucifixion of the flesh, there is no salvation for any man,Rom 8:13 for if ye live after the flesh, ye must die; but if by the Spirit ye put to death the deeds of the body, ye shall live. No eternal live is possible if we walk after the flesh.

Cornelius said:
Of course are "sons of God " God. LOL. What do you think they are?

You keep on inserting yourself (son of man) into this equation and you seem unable to grasp the Son of God in you as God.

Jesus was a Son of Man through Mary. That part of Him was not God, it is called "Son of MAN "
Inside the vessel of flesh that was man, He carried Christ, the Son of God. That was God.

He set the example for us. Now we have to become like Him.In fact, we are to already see ourselves like Him ...........by faith.........because the Bible says that we are already like Him now (even though we cannot always see the manifestation of it) 1Jn 4:17 ........because as he is, even so are we in this world. Note: In THIS world. It is not speaking of heaven here.

We see Him in the 'mirror" 2Co 3:18..........beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord,............

Yes, that is so. We see Christ in the mirror, because a mirror reflects the person who is looking into it. It reflects the image.2Co 3:18 ........... into the same image..........

If we do not understand death to self, then we cannot understand this.Then we always look to ourselves and say: But I am not God. (which is true, but we are DEAD in the eyes of God)

Death to self happens through faith in the fact and then we have to walk out that fact. Daily we choose to either submit to the Word in our actions (that would cause death to self) or we choose to follow our flesh (that would cause our flesh to stay alive) Without this death and crucifixion of the flesh, there is no salvation for any man,Rom 8:13 for if ye live after the flesh, ye must die; but if by the Spirit ye put to death the deeds of the body, ye shall live. No eternal live is possible if we walk after the flesh.
Cornelius, don't tell me I'm inserting myself (son of man) into any equation. You assume you know what I think, and you clearly do not. I understand Christ in me and I understand dying to self. Your attempts to put on me your personal understanding is getting quite old. I know when God looks at me, He sees Jesus ...not because I'm some special god-like person, but because I've been bought with a price. His righteousness has been imputed to me. It's "Christ IN ME"....not "look how holy I am." Perhaps if you didn't assume others aren't quite up to your standards, you'd realize other believers are led by the Holy Spirit, too, and have no need to be lectured and demeaned you. Instead, you've decided I, and others, just don't "understand". If you can't see your pride, it's pointless to continue to point it out to you. You destroy your witness when you do that. "You seem unable to grasp..." Your witness is gone right there. I've tried to point this out to you, and you continue on unphased. It's a shame because there can never be any kind of fellowship around the Word when the "self" you know you're to die to keeps jumping into the forefront of what you post. I sincerely hope you'll be able to overcome that because you probably have some good things to share.

glorydaz said:
Cornelius, don't tell me I'm inserting myself (son of man) into any equation. You assume you know what I think, and you clearly do not.

I assume nothing, I have read what you have written.

Anyway, thanks for the conversation, you did help me a lot , so I had a chance to post what I wanted to say. I pray that some have been blessed by this thread.

C

Cornelius said:
Anyway, thanks for the conversation, you did help me a lot , so I had a chance to post what I wanted to say. I pray that some have been blessed by this thread.

C
i've been blessed by this thread, thanks C. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back