Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Which part of you is God (if any) ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Geo said:
There is God, and there are some that are gods; even are children of the most High, yet will fall like one of the princes.

Psa 82:6 I said, Ye are gods, And all of you sons of the Most High.
Psa 82:7 Nevertheless ye shall die like men, And fall like one of the princes.

That is true. All believers must die to self:

Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mat 16:25 For whosoever would save his life shall lose it: and whosoever shall lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Cornelius said:
mutzrein said:
Why such sarcasm?
:tongue Hi brother how are you ?

Not to worry, I do not take offense at his posts. Sometimes a conversation just breaks down.
i would like to know why he consistently gets away with breaking forum rules, favoritism? :yes he doesn't even know the Bible all that well, he just parrots what he's been taught by men. :shrug

Dude named Louis in Current Events said:
LostLamb said:
Can we please stop attacking one another?
Best post of the thread! :clap

Rick W said:
Please refrain from judgment calls concerning a disagreement. Be respectful of other members. This is a Christian board so please disagree in a civil manner. If all has been said then there's no reason to push further into the realm of confrontation.

I pray that we have not come to the end of the discussion.

To the mods: I am really not offended by any negative posts. I have not posted in a aggressive manner, plus have not taken offense at any posts. so I would like this thread to carry on.
C

BIG AMEN.

Cornelius said:
glorydaz said:
Oh yes, the mighty healer walks among us.

I will answer you, even though I do not think you want an answer on that post of yours :)

Yes indeed the mighty Healer walks IN us. Christ in us the hope of glory. I can do nothing our of myself, but I have seen Jesus work a miracle THROUGH me. I have seen demons come out of people because Jesus dwells in me.He did it, not I. Its His power.

We can do nothing, but God can and does work miracles still through those who believe.

Benoni said:
BIG AMEN.

Cornelius said:
glorydaz said:
Oh yes, the mighty healer walks among us.

I will answer you, even though I do not think you want an answer on that post of yours :)

Yes indeed the mighty Healer walks IN us. Christ in us the hope of glory. I can do nothing our of myself, but I have seen Jesus work a miracle THROUGH me. I have seen demons come out of people because Jesus dwells in me.He did it, not I. Its His power.

We can do nothing, but God can and does work miracles still through those who believe.

Amen too brother :)

Geo said:
"Exo 4:16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people; and it shall come to pass, that he shall be to thee a mouth, and thou shalt be to him as God." ASV

("as God")

Genesis 3:5  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. KJV

(as gods)

"Exo 4:16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God. KJV

-------------

summary: ASV is bad food

eat it and your eyes will be opened to the knowledge of a "god that says you alone can be your own authority to decide between good and evil"

The mystery of Christ and the church deserves better than that, it's not the mystery of Babylon. Without any discernment both get mixed.

besides, the usage of 'Elohim' in this one is interesting:

Psalms 82:1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
2  How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
3  Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
4  Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
5  They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6  I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
7  But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
8  Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

There is God, and there are some that are gods; even are children of the most High, yet will fall like one of the princes.
Those who preach we will be as Gods should heed this post. :amen

Cornelius said:
Geo said:

Psa 82:6 I said, Ye are gods, And all of you sons of the Most High.
Psa 82:7 Nevertheless ye shall die like men, And fall like one of the princes.

That is true. All believers must die to self:

Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mat 16:25 For whosoever would save his life shall lose it: and whosoever shall lose his life for my sake shall find it.

This is not speaking of dying to self. It saying quite clearly we are men and not God.
We're not to think too highly of ourselves. God living in us does not impute man with Divine status.

DarcyLu said:
Cornelius said:
mutzrein said:
Why such sarcasm?
:tongue Hi brother how are you ?

Not to worry, I do not take offense at his posts. Sometimes a conversation just breaks down.
i would like to know why he consistently gets away with breaking forum rules, favoritism? :yes he doesn't even know the Bible all that well, he just parrots what he's been taught by men. :shrug

Oh, does this post of yours fit within the forum rules?

You really think you have the right to claim I don't know the Bible and have been taught by men?

Amazing how you can even see through that mote. :biglaugh

Cornelius said:
I pray that we have not come to the end of the discussion.

To the mods: I am really not offended by any negative posts. I have not posted in a aggressive manner, plus have not taken offense at any posts. so I would like this thread to carry on.
C

That's good to hear. Paul had the right idea.
My only purpose was that you bear in mind the attitude we're to have IN CHRIST.
1 Corinthians 15:9 said:
For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
Ephesians 3:8 said:
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Good to point at the ONLY other 2 verses after Genesis in the KJV where 'as God' or 'as gods' is used in the way where it either identifies with God, or shows the countefeit subsitute (instead of God):

Zechariah 12:8  In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

(as God) (as the angel of the LORD before them) conditional => (In that day)

vs.

2 Thessalonians 2:4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

(as God)

in light of that, what does the Holy Spirit speak to us when we would assume Moses would have been 'as God' in the ASV ? Does that witness to anyone's spirit?

Geo said:
Good to point at the ONLY other 2 verses after Genesis in the KJV where 'as God' or 'as gods' is used in the way where it either identifies with God, or shows the countefeit subsitute (instead of God):

Zechariah 12:8  In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

(as God) (as the angel of the LORD before them) conditional => (In that day)

vs.

2 Thessalonians 2:4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

(as God)

in light of that, what does the Holy Spirit speak to us when we would assume Moses would have been 'as God' in the ASV ? Does that witness to anyone's spirit?

I thought of that verse in Thess., too. :help It's the one in Genesis I'd overlooked, and when you pointed it out I sat back in my chair and shook my head. It's always a danger to desire to be "as God". We are His temple, His body, His bride, but NEVER will we be "as god". Praise the Lord He is bringing us to be like Him in holiness, but for man to aspire to be gods, in any way, is a scary proposition.

Put those verses in Gen. and Thess. with these and you will see where the idea of being like God comes from.
Isaiah 14:12-16 said:
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Ezekiel 28 said:
1The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying, 2Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God: 3Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee: 4With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures: 5By thy great wisdom and by thy traffick hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches: 6Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God; 7Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness. 8They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas. 9Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God?
but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee. 10Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.

11Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 12Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. 19All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at
thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

glorydaz said:
God living in us does not impute man with Divine status.

We can indeed participate in the Divine nature of God:2Pe 1:4 whereby he hath granted unto us his precious and exceeding great promises; that through these ye may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in that world by lust.

Geo said:

2Co 13:1 ........... At the mouth of two witnesses or three shall every word be established.

glorydaz said:
b It's always a danger to desire to be "as God". We are His temple, His body, His bride, but NEVER will we be "as god".

1Jn 4:17 ......... as he is, even so are we in this world.

Cornelius said:
It indeed seems that Scripture is against you and what you preach.

No, are you still insisting we will be as gods?
Seems that's pretty much word for word what satan told Eve.

Being like Christ and partaking of His divine nature is a far cry from what you're attempting to push. I'm not really sure why you have such a desire to think of yourself as divine, but it's the direct opposite of what Jesus taught.

Cornelius said:
Geo said:

2Co 13:1 ........... At the mouth of two witnesses or three shall every word be established.

Here's one...
Genesis 3:5 said:
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Here's two....
Isaiah 14:12-16 said:
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
And here's another...
2 Thess. 2 said:
3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back