Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Which part of you is God (if any) ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Cornelius

Well this might sound strange to some Christians, but in another tread it became clear that not all of us have an understanding about Christ in us being God and that indeed is our "God-part" (for lack of a better word)

I am going to "copy paste" part of one of my answers and then we can take it from there:

I am not saying that we are human gods :) You have to be clear on that before trying to understand what I am saying :) Next you have to meditate on some Biblical truths. What I am talking about is simply what the Bible is saying. The reason we cannot "see" it, is that our "leaders" are not really teaching us that well.

For instance: We think ourselves humble if we say : I cannot ever have a part of me that is God. I am only His humble servant that worships Him for ever and ever.

We do and will worship Him forever.:) We will not replace Him, nor will we ever BE Him. But the Bible says that we will be exactly LIKE Him. Now, please understand that this is GRACE. This is because HE is good and loving and selfless. This has absolutely nothing to do with us trying and being something that we have not been given.

People cannot understand this , because they have God in a box. Most cannot even figure out how Jesus can be the Son and the Father is the father and they can be ONE. They do not read their Bibles, they listen to second hand information. If I then say to them, Jesus prayed :Father let them be one as We are one ! LOL then they are in super-confusion.

Jesus was the Son of Man in His flesh part. That came from Mary ! That was not His "God-part" His "God-part" was His spiritual Man.....Christ. That lived in a temporary vessel , a body, that carried Christ around :) A temporary tabernacle that could and did die.It was mortal.God through His Spirit resurrected Him in a glorified body. On the other hand, His spiritual man, The Word/Christ , is and was immortal. That part was God.

Now that same Word came to us. And that same Word is called the "sperma" of God in Greek. It falls into your spirit and if it finds entrance that SEED , (ifit finds the GOOD SOIL) will start growing and produce after its own Kind (God) Every seed produces after its own kind :) That means Christ now dwells in your tabernacle , your "son of man" part. Now you have what Jesus had. A son of man, with a Son of God living in him or her. That is the true meaning of "being born from above" Christ the Word, comes from heaven down into your spirit and rebirths you. It changes your spirit man into the image of God.Remember: We were originally made in His image? Without sin? With power to rule this planet? Well now we can have it again.

That is why we have to follow Jesus to the cross. We cannot occupy this vessel, this tabernacle at the same time with Him. He wants us dead and crucified, so that Christ (God) can live in this vessel and rule through it. God wants your body. He wants to rule THROUGH you, as God.

This is why its called the GOOD news. Jesus accomplished this all at the cross already and now we have to enter it by faith.

Be ye changed by the renewing of your mind.

I will add more later.
blessings
C

New Age belief still echoes the first deception of Lucifer :
We are God, also. We are the creators of our own reality. I am God. You are God. God is in all of us. God is in all things. God is not some bearded entity in heaven that looks down upon us, pulling the strings of our life events, telling us which way to go and what to do and how to live.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/the-new- ... -also.html

But the Bible view is different: We have God IN us. He lives in what we call our "reborn spirit" . That spiritual man is Christ. Who in turn is God. Now it is difficult to understand, because this does not mean that God has left heaven and has now jumped into each Christian and now heaven is vacant. No, we must learn that everything that proceed from God =God. Jesus "came forth " from the Father too.Joh 16:27 for the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came forth from the Father. (That would make Jesus God, because nothing but God can come forth from the Father. In the same way the Holy Spirit proceeded from the Father (The Father has His own Spirit and that Spirit of course is Holy) : Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall bear witness of me:

So the Spirit of the Father and the Word (Jesus) proceeded from the Father. God , manifesting God.

Now the Word , which is God, came to us.And some received Him and some received Him not:Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and they that were his own received him not. Some saw the truth and realized that those WORDS are the very words of eternal life.Joh 6:68 Simon Peter answered him......thou hast the words of eternal life. That Word , the Bible calls the SEED. Now we all know that seed is not the final thing, seed must become a plant and that plant again must bear fruit ! It works the same with the Word of God (Also God "sperma" in the Greek) It falls into your heart. That heart is good soil, or rocky or it will have lots of weeds and thorns.

Now if it falls on good soil, it will actually grow. This "God-seed" which falls into a heart, has the power to become that, which it came from :God. Now it becomes difficult and we have to "get it" :) You and I are in physical bodies.Those bodies can never be God. The Bible is not concerned with our fleshly vessels, they are mere tabernacles that carry the Spirit Man Christ in us. Our spirit is continuesly being born from above, as we submit to truth. If we resist the Word, that spirit Man is not growing.(Bad soil and rocky ) but the good soil, receives the Word.Jas 1:21 Wherefore putting away all filthiness and overflowing of wickedness, receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

Our "old man" our old ways and thoughts are dead and gone. We are even told to reckon ourselves dead to sin. In my language "reckon" is "reken" which means to count. One and one = 2. That sure we have to be that we are indeed dead to sin, that we have to count it so.That is having faith in the fact.

So if we are dead and gone (by faith first) Who is left? Only the spirit . And that spirit must be the spirit of Christ then. He is God. So God is left in this tabernacle.

We are just like that Tabernacle in the time of Moses which had the Ark inside of it. That Ark of the Covenant = Christ in you the hope of glory.

The Ark goes where the Tabernacle goes. But the Tabernacle has no power without the Ark. Its the ARK that has the power. Its Christ in us, that is God and He HAS power over all that He created.

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily :)

Geo said:
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily :)

Amen

And............

Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and
the two shall become one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This mystery is great: but I speak in regard of Christ and of the church.

Yet another mystery ! :) Christ and the church becoming one flesh.Where else but in the Body of Christ .It is a mystery indeed.

Gal 4:6  And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

1 Jhn 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Rom 8:19  For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord the Spirit.

1 Jhn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Mat 10:24 The disciple is not above [his] master, nor the servant above his lord.
Mat 10:25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more [shall they call] them of his household?

Luk 6:40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. :amen

Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

I believe God is INSIDE of me, advising me. However, no part of ME is God.

Cornelius said:
Well this might sound strange to some Christians, but in another tread it became clear that not all of us have an understanding about Christ in us being God and that indeed is our "God-part" (for lack of a better word)

Hello Cornelius. I don't think the disconnect between what you were attempting to convey and those who disagreed was regarding "Christ in us" but rather the nuance of "us being God" which in earlier posts by you seemed to be what you were alluding to. You clarified this a bit in subsequent posts but I know that I had the same reaction that LaCrum had upon reading your posts. I can believe as scripture says that God in Christ dwells within me, and more richly as I walk in the light.

I don't believe we as believers can live a sinless life. 1 John 1 tells us:

5This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. 7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

So we know that God is devoid of sin.

But the passage goes on to say:

8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

This confessing our sins and true repentance and the purification from unrighteousness is the process of sanctification. It is not as if we literally sin no more, though we are called to be holy.

So if there is any sin in me I am not on board with the suggestion of me being God. It is more than enough for me to humbly yet boldly accept my position as adopted son:

Galations 4:
4But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. 6Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba,[a] Father." 7So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

So I see a distinction between being a son, an heir and with Christ dwelling within as opposed to being God, which I think was the suggestion you were first giving (at least that how I took it).

—Louis

Hello Cornelius.

Hi Louis

I don't think the disconnect between what you were attempting to convey and those who disagreed was regarding "Christ in us" but rather the nuance of "us being God" which in earlier posts by you seemed to be what you were alluding to. You clarified this a bit in subsequent posts but I know that I had the same reaction that LaCrum had upon reading your posts. I can believe as scripture says that God in Christ dwells within me, and more richly as I walk in the light.

That is good and accurate according to Scripture.
I don't believe we as believers can live a sinless life. 1 John 1 tells us:

5This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. 7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

True, but John has one part of the puzzle. Psalm 119:160 says The sum of thy word is truth; so we have to keep on reading about sin, if we want to truly know what the Bible says about it. One verse that John also wrote, must also fit. And this verse says the reason Jesus came was not to just forgive sin, but He came to take it away. 1Jn 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away sins; and in him is no sin.

So we know that God is devoid of sin.

But the passage goes on to say:

8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

That is correct. IN Him is no sin. So would you say that when you are IN Him, you can sin?
This confessing our sins and true repentance and the purification from unrighteousness is the process of sanctification. It is not as if we literally sin no more, though we are called to be holy.

I have always had a problem understanding this because its an oxymoron. Called to be holy (sinless) and yet sinning. That is what made me start asking questions and God started answering.
So if there is any sin in me I am not on board with the suggestion of me being God. It is more than enough for me to humbly yet boldly accept my position as adopted son:

Galations 4:
4But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. 6Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba,[a] Father." 7So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

Yes, when sin lives in you or you live in sin, the Bible says we are unrighteous .That is why we first have to start in faith. Meaning we first start by believing what the Bible says:Rom 6:11 Even so reckon ye also yourselves to be dead unto sin, but alive unto God in Christ Jesus. Only you can truly answer this question to yourself: Do you reckon yourself dead unto sin? Or do you think that you will always sin until you die? The Bible says you are dead. Dead men do not sin.I know that we have a problem understanding this, and that is because we want to see the reality of it NOW (McDonnald's fast food syndrome LOL ) We also tend to look to ourselves and that is our mistake. Paul also saw this and asked "WHO will save me from this" and then gave the answer: JESUS.

Ask yourself: Is Jesus capable to take all sin and the ability to sin, out of me ?
So I see a distinction between being a son, an heir and with Christ dwelling within as opposed to being God, which I think was the suggestion you were first giving (at least that how I took it).

You guys must stop saying, I am saying we ARE God. I never said that, although Jesus says it. And the Psalms says it, and many other places the word for "god" (obviously small letters ) gets used by God in His Word , when He speaks of those THROUGH whom He rules.I am trying to explain WHY Jesus said it. :) He also did not mean that we are literal gods.He too was speaking about those .....unto whom the Word came...........Its the Word that is God.If that dwells in you, it can rule through you.

I really, really know this is a difficult concept and most people will not understand what I am saying.Go back and read what I am saying about us being like the Tabernacle. The Tabernacle carried God within and it is from within the Tabernacle that God ruled Israel. You and I are now that Tabernacle.

The Body of Christ (This name alone should say it all to you :) ) is the Temple. The Temple has a Holy of Holies. There God resides.He rules out of His Temple and through His Temple.

Part of us is God.That part where He dwells.He dwells within the spirits of those who are being born from above. Joh 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is of the earth, and of the earth he speaketh: he that cometh from heaven is above all.Joh 8:23 And he said unto them........ I am from above:...... I am not of this world. Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly;Joh 14:17 even the Spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive; for it beholdeth him not, neither knoweth him: ye know him; for he abideth with you, and shall be in you. Joh 14:20 In that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you.

This thread is not about sin, but you mentioned it in relation to this topic. You might have wondered about this verse:
1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither knoweth him.

Normally people would then directly quote John again, saying that he who says he has no sin is lying, because this verse fills them with fear. In reality John is talking about people who are not saved (but lets leave it there for the moment) When we look at this verse, we all realize that we do not measure up to its standards. Indeed we never can in our own strength.

But stop and think a moment. When you got saved, you were doing things which you are not doing now.I am sure you would agree. Now that part of you that changed, is IN Christ and you are not sinning in that area anymore. So that part of you has grown into the image of Christ already: That part of you abideth in Him and sinneth not. Now that part of you that are still sinning, is obviously not in Christ YET. It must still submit to the Word. That part of us "has not seen Him" , for if it did, it too will submit and not sin.

We all walk in the light (knowledge) God only holds you responsible for what you KNOW.All the things you do not know that is sin, is under the blood of Jesus and therefor is "invisible" to God and to you.(You are seen as sinless, although you might still sin in areas unknown to you. You might also be battling with a sin that seems to big for you. But you have repented (changed your mind about it ) and that sin is also under the blood. Jesus will help you to overcome that sin too eventually, if you believe Him for it.

All things that you KNOW is sin,(That sin would now be in the light and we have to walk in that light) and you decide to carry on with them regardless, now that is visible to you and to God. That must stop ! That is willing sin and there is no sacrifice for those sins.(Hebrews 10)

So God designed a system, where Christians can be seen as sinless until they have overcome sin totally , by and through Jesus.(not themselves, because we will always fail if we try )

I pray that this makes sense to some :)

C

Cornelius said:
That is correct. IN Him is no sin. So would you say that when you are IN Him, you can sin?

When I am truly in the moment of being in Him, I would say no, I am unable to sin. But I am human and unable to sustain that, I am weak at times and stumble. I am not sinless. I am righteous through Christ's work and I am hopefully growing in grace to be more Christ-like, but I have not reached a point where I have stopped sinning, hence I am not EXACTLY like God.

Cornelius said:
I have always had a problem understanding this because its an oxymoron. Called to be holy (sinless) and yet sinning. That is what made me start asking questions and God started answering.

I have been taught that "set-apart" is an accurate definition for holy—I will have to dig deeper for I suspect that there are different words used in the original languages that can be translated otherwise but set apart is not quite the same as sinless.

Cornelius said:
Ask yourself: Is Jesus capable to take all sin and the ability to sin, out of me ?

I would not be comfortable answering this question in a way that would limit Jesus' power. Yet just because He is capable does not mean that is how he chooses to work out His plan for our lives.

Cornelius said:
You guys must stop saying, I am saying we ARE God. I never said that, although Jesus says it. And the Psalms says it, and many other places the word for "god" (obviously small letters ) gets used by God in His Word , when He speaks of those THROUGH whom He rules.I am trying to explain WHY Jesus said it. :) He also did not mean that we are literal gods.He too was speaking about those .....unto whom the Word came...........Its the Word that is God.If that dwells in you, it can rule through you.

Here is what you said on page 8 of the Existence of a Godhead thread:
Cornelius said:
Now we are suppose to be on that very same road as well. We too have bodies (sons of men) and now God has also given to us the ability to receive the Word (God) into our hearts so that Christ can now also live in our bodies (Sons of God) We are to duplicate what He did .1Jn 4:17 ....... because as he is, even so are we in this world.
Notice that we are as Jesus......."in this world" So those who teach we are to wait for the next world is wrong.Its now that we are to be "as He is"

That happens when we humble ourselves and submit to the Word, which is God.See, everything that comes out of God is God. Jesus proceeded from the Father, so He too is God.

A Son of God is a God.

I don't think many are ready to hear more than this. :)

So you did say we are Sons of God and A Son of God is a God. So I can't speak for others but that is where I thought you were pretty clearly saying "we can be God". But as I stated in my previous post, you have been more clear that you are not saying "We are God". The way I am understanding what you are saying is that we have the capacity (through grace) to be as God, to be Christ-like. And we should not think that the power of God in Christ and Christ in us is not strong enough to deliver us from any and all sin. Is that close? If it is I'd say, ok, that seems to be the charge and should be our goal, and certainly most of us fall far short of the glory that God would have for us right now, but again I say that we are still somewhat bound by our humanity and the world we live in, so I think of it as a direction to move toward but a state that we don't fully attain.

Cornelius said:
I really, really know this is a difficult concept and most people will not understand what I am saying.Go back and read what I am saying about us being like the Tabernacle. The Tabernacle carried God within and it is from within the Tabernacle that God ruled Israel.

I really think I understand what you are saying, just not sure I am in agreement with your interpretation. I think what makes it difficult is when you say things like "I don't think many are ready to hear more than this" or "I really know this is a difficult concept". It comes across as a tad condescending though I'm sure you don't mean it to be.

Anyhow, I have enjoyed reading what you have said and am challenged to reach higher heights in my walk and be as Christ like as I can through His grace.

Regards,
Louis

Cornelius said:
I really, really know this is a difficult concept and most people will not understand what I am saying.Go back and read what I am saying about us being like the Tabernacle. The Tabernacle carried God within and it is from within the Tabernacle that God ruled Israel. You and I are now that Tabernacle.

The Body of Christ (This name alone should say it all to you :) ) is the Temple. The Temple has a Holy of Holies. There God resides.He rules out of His Temple and through His Temple.

Part of us is God.That part where He dwells.He dwells within the spirits of those who are being born from above. Joh 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is of the earth, and of the earth he speaketh: he that cometh from heaven is above all.Joh 8:23 And he said unto them........ I am from above:...... I am not of this world. Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly;Joh 14:17 even the Spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive; for it beholdeth him not, neither knoweth him: ye know him; for he abideth with you, and shall be in you. Joh 14:20 In that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you.

Christ in us, the hope of glory! :amen
hi C :wave

Cornelius said:
When you say something like this, you are saying that your reborn spirit is not part of you :)
There is one God, and I am not he. Right?

Cornelius said:
elijah23 said:
I believe God is INSIDE of me, advising me. However, no part of ME is God.

When you say something like this, you are saying that your reborn spirit is not part of you :)

Hi Cornelius - I've just had one of those 'aha' moments while reading this post.

I can't say I've ever thought of my spirit being 'reborn'. I've always considered that my spirit was 'birthed' within me by the Holy Spirit - this being the one and only time when I was born again. Where in scripture do you find support for the spirit being 'reborn'?

Is this some sort of residue of religious dogma?

Cornelius said:

Cornelius....Believers understand the concept of Christ living in us....most of us understand it quite well. This is not some new revelation. The problem came when you said we would be gods. Now you say you aren't saying that...well and good. You tend to act like Christians aren't taught by the Holy Spirit when you imply we don't know something so basic as Christ living in us. Perhaps it's new to you, or you don't see it being understood by some you've come in contact with, but it is not new. We are members of the same body....we have the same teacher you do and we're all enlightened in the same way. Please stop assuming we don't "see" what you see. Feel free to share, but it sounds rather condescending to say it's a difficult concept most people don't grasp. Guess what? Believers do understand that Christ lives in us....we are the temple of God...not gods ourselves, and I'm glad to see we agree on that. :wave

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back