Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Which part of you is God (if any) ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Actually 1 John 3:1 has a context. And that includes 1 John 2:28.

1 John 2:28  And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

1 John 3:1  Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

And we do have an inspired Holy Bible, and we also have many human translations. There are basically just 2 trees of translations, 1 of them is preserved and purified 7 times by God, the other tree contains human opinions of the translators. And we can know that it is so. So I agree with many things said here, and STILL stick with "when" as seen above.

Cornelius said:
Geo said:
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily :)

Amen

And............

Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and
the two shall become one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This mystery is great: but I speak in regard of Christ and of the church.

Yet another mystery ! :) Christ and the church becoming one flesh.Where else but in the Body of Christ .It is a mystery indeed.
Ah yes, the mystery of unity. I pray that some day Christians will be one in unity, and that being one will no longer be a mystery.

Because of that unity we help each other out where we can. The question "what is doctrine" is an essential one. It has to start there. What unity can you build on human opinions, human denominations and human translations? Don't they all leave the narrow way sooner or later?

This thread is a great one, and we will talk about this mystery, yet it's possible to run off a false tangent when you change a few "little words" that have the potential of...not the necessity of, just the potential to make us run and believe to have arrived ahead of time. That was my point only and entirely, since "if" and "when" are some of these little words that have both huge implications.

Cornelius said:
You are saying man in his humanity will rule from the throne of God? Wow ! You mean the sinners , saved by grace, and still sinners, will sit on the throne ! Wow again,

Rev 3:21 He that overcometh, I will give to him to sit down with me in my throne, as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father in his throne.
I'm not sure what you're wowing about.... :biglaugh

Sinners saved by grace are no longer sinners.

So let's break this down.
His divine power has been bestowed on us....not a result of our own power.
Eternal life and godliness through our sanctified life.
2 Peter 1:3 said:
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2 Peter 3:11 said:
Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
"Through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:"...Christ called us into that
relationship with Him through the revelation of His own glory and goodness. "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises." The glory and goodness of Christ are the means by which we receive God's promises....they are based on the sacrifice of Christ. They include everything we need for life and godliness.

"That by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." When we, by faith, access those promises we participate in the divine nature. Obviously, Peter is not saying that we become gods, but that we participate in that which is not ours by nature or right. It's a privilege given to us through Christ's saving work... the privilege of being in union with God and participating in His "divine power".

We can become like God spiritually and morally in our daily walk....making it possible for us to live godly lives, escaping the corruption of the world caused by human sinful desires. Our escape from corruption took place when we were born again. And now, through our participation in the divine nature, we are preserved from the corrupting influence of the world. It is a divine gift of God from start to finish. We receive divine power from Christ through the Spirit to resist evil and grow in God's likeness . Our human nature is in constant need of divine power. Therefore, Christ lives in us enabling us to draw from His divine source of power. We don't become divine...but we partake of His divine power.

Cornelius said:
2Pe 1:4 whereby he hath granted unto us his precious and exceeding great promises; that through these ye may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in that world by lust.

We partake of God's nature. We share it when we believe (have faith ) in the promises When we do, then the promise comes into action on our behalf, meaning we are able to move in the miraculous. That is what Jesus came to teach us. That is why He allowed Peter to walk on the water; to show him how faith works. When the Word is given to us, we are allowed to stand on it until it comes to pass.We are allowed to take a promise to save us in and out of any situation.
amen C!
as the Body of Christ, we not only are partakers of the divine, but we were baptized in the NAME of the Father and the Son, name is more than the word, it is the nature and authority of whose name we were baptized in. I am NOT saying we are God! Repeat - we are NOT God! lol
Jesus taught us to pray in His NAME, it is the nature and authority behind the name and He lives in us, so we are sharing in that divine nature if we are abiding and conforming to His image....i forgot to mention as C pointed out - IN FAITH!

DarcyLu said:
Cornelius said:
2Pe 1:4 whereby he hath granted unto us his precious and exceeding great promises; that through these ye may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in that world by lust.

We partake of God's nature. We share it when we believe (have faith ) in the promises When we do, then the promise comes into action on our behalf, meaning we are able to move in the miraculous. That is what Jesus came to teach us. That is why He allowed Peter to walk on the water; to show him how faith works. When the Word is given to us, we are allowed to stand on it until it comes to pass.We are allowed to take a promise to save us in and out of any situation.
amen C!
as the Body of Christ, we not only are partakers of the divine, but we were baptized in the NAME of the Father and the Son, name is more than the word, it is the nature and authority of whose name we were baptized in. I am NOT saying we are God! Repeat - we are NOT God! lol
Jesus taught us to pray in His NAME, it is the nature and authority behind the name and He lives in us, so we are sharing in that divine nature if we are abiding and conforming to His image....i forgot to mention as C pointed out - IN FAITH!

Hi Darcylu :) Yes you are correct. The word "name" when we look at the Greek and Hebrew means : Nature, Character and Authority. So we , when we say" In the Name of Jesus, we are saying : In the nature, character and authority of Jesus. We are not God, and will never be, but we will be LIKE Him. He is the One who will (and has) enable us to partake of His divine nature, through the promises.

We will do greater things than Jesus did , in these last days. He is busy bringing some of the Body into unity so that they can be in agreement. In agreement , there is God's power. There God commands a blessing.

C

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath a temple of God with idols? for we are a temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

What happens if God walks in you ?

Regarding Moses:

Exo 4:16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people; and it shall come to pass, that he shall be to thee a mouth, and
thou shalt be to him as God.
Exo 4:17 And thou shalt take in thy hand this rod, wherewith thou shalt do the signs.

So God told Moses he shall be "as God" to Pharaoh . Why?

Because he will do signs and wonders .

Exo 7:1 And Jehovah said unto Moses, See, I have made thee as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

The House of David:

Zec 12:8 In that day shall Jehovah defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem: and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of Jehovah before them.

Cornelius said:
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath a temple of God with idols? for we are a temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

in that context when God walks in us, we will come out of the world and be unyoked with unbelievers, in addition, we will be like Him, sharing in His divine nature, character, authority and be transformed into the image of Christ.

all kinds of things happen when He walks in us. :lol :)

Cornelius said:
DarcyLu said:
Cornelius said:

amen C!

Hi Darcylu :) Yes you are correct. The word "name" when we look at the Greek and Hebrew means : Nature, Character and Authority. So we , when we say" In the Name of Jesus, we are saying : In the nature, character and authority of Jesus. We are not God, and will never be, but we will be LIKE Him. He is the One who will (and has) enable us to partake of His divine nature, through the promises.

We will do greater things than Jesus did , in these last days. He is busy bringing some of the Body into unity so that they can be in agreement. In agreement , there is God's power. There God commands a blessing.

C

He is bringing all of the body into unity, and it's the body that does greater things than Jesus did. Jesus was constrained to one place at a time. The body is spread over the whole earth sharing the Gospel with the unsaved. That has been the way since He left and gave us the Holy Spirit. The last thing the body needs is spiritual pride...thinking a part of the body is given some special power and the rest of the body is left behind. One body...One Spirit...One Lord.

DarcyLu said:
Cornelius said:

in that context when God walks in us, we will come out of the world and be unyoked with unbelievers, in addition, we will be like Him, sharing in His divine nature, character, authority and be transformed into the image of Christ.

Amen :) The last outpouring of the Holy Spirit will be greater than the first. This time we will be like Him because He will cause us to see Him as He is. His Word will unfold in the believers and He will cause them to do greater works than He did. He is going to walk in us. We will be going everything in His nature, character and authority.

When we look at the first fruits, that will receive this anointing we see :Rev 14:4 These are they that were not defiled with women; for they are virgins .(That means they are spiritually pure and have not deviled themselves with the doctrines of men. They are not part of the Harlot) These are they that follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth.(Amen, the Lamb went to the cross and they also followed Him to their cross. They have died to self ) These were purchased from among men, (From men , they come out of all of the earth ) to be the firstfruits unto God and unto the Lamb. (First fruits, because more will follow as they get taught the pure Word again without leaven.
Rev 14:5 And in their mouth was found no lie:(Because they speak only the Word and not the doctrines of men) they are without blemish (They have overcome sin by faith and have purified themselves by being obedient to the truth. )

We have not seen the end of God's work on this planet. The best is still to come :)

glorydaz said:
He is bringing all of the body into unity, and it's the body that does greater things than Jesus did. Jesus was constrained to one place at a time. The body is spread over the whole earth sharing the Gospel with the unsaved. That has been the way since He left and gave us the Holy Spirit. The last thing the body needs is spiritual pride...thinking a part of the body is given some special power and the rest of the body is left behind. One body...One Spirit...One Lord.

Actually the Bible does not say we will do more than Jesus did , because we will be more people. The Bible says we will do greater things. The last day miracles will be greater than those that Jesus did.

We are the new House that is being built by God.

Hag 2:9 The latter glory of this house shall be greater than the former, saith Jehovah of hosts; and in this place will I give peace, saith Jehovah of hosts.

DarcyLu said:

Mat 17:20 And he saith unto them, Because of your little faith: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. :yes

Cornelius said:
DarcyLu said:

Mat 17:20 And he saith unto them, Because of your little faith: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. :yes
amen! we know this promise is true because God is a faithful Father. :thumb

Cornelius said:
glorydaz said:

Actually the Bible does not say we will do more than Jesus did , because we will be more people. The Bible says we will do greater things. The last day miracles will be greater than those that Jesus did.

We are the new House that is being built by God.

Hag 2:9 The latter glory of this house shall be greater than the former, saith Jehovah of hosts; and in this place will I give peace, saith Jehovah of hosts.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto the Father.

First, Jesus says that we shall do the works that He did.
Secondly He says the works shall be greater than those works.

DarcyLu said:
Cornelius said:
DarcyLu said:

amen! we know this promise is true because God is a faithful Father. :thumb

Amen :) Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie, Neither the son of man, that he should repent: Hath he said, and will he not do it? Or hath he spoken, and will he not make it good?

Cornelius said:
Regarding Moses:

Exo 4:16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people; and it shall come to pass, that he shall be to thee a mouth, and
thou shalt be to him as God.
Exo 4:17 And thou shalt take in thy hand this rod, wherewith thou shalt do the signs.

So God told Moses he shall be "as God" to Pharaoh . Why?

Because he will do signs and wonders .

Exo 7:1 And Jehovah said unto Moses, See, I have made thee as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.
This isn't saying we'll be as Gods in the sense you're implying. We are the ones who speak for God...just as the prophets were. We're the voice of God when we preach the Word. We're God's representatives on earth. When Pharoah heard Moses and Aaron, he knew they were speaking for God...with God's authority...they were not "as Gods" to pharoah. "Thou shall be to him instead of God." Pharoah never doubted for a minute that Moses and Aaron were simply God's messengers. Signs and wonders are always with a specific intent...such as getting Pharoah's attention so he would let the children go.
Ex. 4:14-16 said:
And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart. And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God. And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back