Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who are "God's Chosen People"?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Just that what he said comes to pass. I'm looking at my bible map in ancient Israel's days and I'm sorry. I don't see many nations there. I see specific tribal allotments similar to providences and states. It is one nation and later split into only two.

(Thanks for the popcorn)
Exactly! But I'm getting ahead of myself.

So what would a map have to look like for you to accept that Genesis 35:11 and Genesis 48:19 have been fulfilled?:pepsi

Thank you all for the discussion to this point. I just wanted to further say how I came to start this thread. I have been watching religious tv shows lately and the preachers seem to put Israel as the center of their speeches. A guy named John Hagee goes the furthest with it and has a group he set up called "Christians United for Israel". When I read up on it he apparently has bible quotes stating it is a gentile duty to give financial gifts to the Jewish people for giving us Christ. Straight up: I think this is complete nonsense due to a number of reasons. 1. After 2000 years it doesn't seem likely that we can necessarily attribute the same "Jews" as then as the "Jews" of now. I further started to think of groups such as Mormons, Christian Identity, Catholics and undoubtedly many others that have a position that would give themselves the "God's Chosen" status and came to the conclusion Hagee's position doesn't really differentiate as to which group I'd be duty bound to reward for giving us Christ. I mean if the Mormons decided to re-name Utah as Israel, since many mormons believe it is, I guess I'd "have" to accept that as Israel just as I'm supposed to accept modern Israel as Israel. 2. Moreover, I don't understand at all why religious groups of any stripe should be appealing to gentiles, christians, or any group of MAN when it all seems to me to be God's will. If the Jews of today are in fact "God's chosen people" I would think that would be strictly between God and them and I should not be called upon to give them financial aid. To get their reward they would live a goodly life under the rules of God and be justly rewarded by the creator for such, not be grand standing and pan handling on an international level to all the "lesser" peoples of the world. Anyhow, gotta say, Hagee and his like have deeply offended me because I feel this is a blatant attempt to hijack my religion.

Thank you all for the discussion to this point. I just wanted to further say how I came to start this thread. I have been watching religious tv shows lately and the preachers seem to put Israel as the center of their speeches. A guy named John Hagee goes the furthest with it and has a group he set up called "Christians United for Israel". When I read up on it he apparently has bible quotes stating it is a gentile duty to give financial gifts to the Jewish people for giving us Christ. Straight up: I think this is complete nonsense due to a number of reasons. 1. After 2000 years it doesn't seem likely that we can necessarily attribute the same "Jews" as then as the "Jews" of now. I further started to think of groups such as Mormons, Christian Identity, Catholics and undoubtedly many others that have a position that would give themselves the "God's Chosen" status and came to the conclusion Hagee's position doesn't really differentiate as to which group I'd be duty bound to reward for giving us Christ. I mean if the Mormons decided to re-name Utah as Israel, since many mormons believe it is, I guess I'd "have" to accept that as Israel just as I'm supposed to accept modern Israel as Israel. 2. Moreover, I don't understand at all why religious groups of any stripe should be appealing to gentiles, christians, or any group of MAN when it all seems to me to be God's will. If the Jews of today are in fact "God's chosen people" I would think that would be strictly between God and them and I should not be called upon to give them financial aid. To get their reward they would live a goodly life under the rules of God and be justly rewarded by the creator for such, not be grand standing and pan handling on an international level to all the "lesser" peoples of the world. Anyhow, gotta say, Hagee and his like have deeply offended me because I feel this is a blatant attempt to hijack my religion.

There is much confusion these days about Israel.

What country did Jesus live in during His sojourn here...was it Israel or Judea?

There are 2 aspects of Israel...

There is Israel according to the flesh :Judah
And Israel according to the Spirit: Ephraim

Jesus came in Judah to offer His flesh as a sacrifice. He came for the lost sheep of Israel. To the Jews FIRST then to the other nations.

The Israel of God include the remnant of Judah together with the chosen from among the other nations.

Ephraim means "double fruit". We are not only to exhibit the fruit of righteousness but also the fruit of the Spirit. Hence...double fruit.:)

I have been wondering much with the growth of Christian Zionists and the belief of present day Israel as God's fulfillment of prophesy exactly who is "God's Chosen People". As I understand it, many Christians leaving Europe for America back during the founding years believed themselves to be "chosen people" and America to be the New Israel. Further, to them, the true covenant with God was through acceptance of Jesus as Christ and Jews were sinners who needed to be converted. Now, however, secularists have declared it to be "racist" to believe you are of the "chosen people" if you accept Jesus. That same standard doesn't apply apparently if you are Jewish and reject Jesus as a fraud. Yet, we do know that the first Christians and Jesus himself came from the seed of David and the tribes of Israel. So how is it that Christians cannot be "Chosen People" or is this just more manipulation and persecution of the secular entities that are constantly attacking Christianity at present?

Christians

Col 3v4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12 Put on therefore, as the ELECT of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Rom 2v28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God

Gal 3v27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christians

Col 3v4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12 Put on therefore, as the ELECT of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Rom 2v28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God

Gal 3v27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Yup.

Exactly! But I'm getting ahead of myself.

So what would a map have to look like for you to accept that Genesis 35:11 and Genesis 48:19 have been fulfilled?:pepsi

You are not making any sense. I ask you to explain the many nations part of the verses. You mention ancient Israel. I say that a map of ancient Israel does not show many nations. You say, "exactly" (I'm taking that to mean you agree). So. what's the point? The point is that it's not many nations as I stated and you agreed. So then, where's the fulfillment? Or, to put it bluntly, the answer you gave just does not cut it now, does it?

If you were to ask me what the map should look like, I would give the biblical answer that Abraham should be heir of the whole world, i.e. spreading to all four corners of the earth. But, if they rule or ruled a quarter of it even, that's within the realm of prophecy and would still constitute many nations.

You are not making any sense. I ask you to explain the many nations part of the verses. You mention ancient Israel. I say that a map of ancient Israel does not show many nations. You say, "exactly" (I'm taking that to mean you agree). So. what's the point? The point is that it's not many nations as I stated and you agreed. So then, where's the fulfillment? Or, to put it bluntly, the answer you gave just does not cut it now, does it?

If you were to ask me what the map should look like, I would give the biblical answer that Abraham should be heir of the whole world, i.e. spreading to all four corners of the earth. But, if they rule or ruled a quarter of it even, that's within the realm of prophecy and would still constitute many nations.

Right! So again, what would that map look like? If your 'Abrahamic Empire' map constituted many nations, would it necessarily show it?:biggrinistorted

Right! So again, what would that map look like? If your 'Abrahamic Empire' map constituted many nations, would it necessarily show it?:biggrinistorted

You're avoiding the verses. You're trying to turn the table onto me to define something you obviously can't. Just as I predicted I quote:

I have YET to hear an adequate explanation from the naysayers to these verses. Those offered come out twice as laughable.

OK, here's my map with the nations in red:

400px-Map_of_the_British_Empire_in_the_1920%27s.png

All you can show is an ancient map of Israel which is not many nations. That's indisputable.

Now, here's a link of what I look like awaiting an answer from the critics for the last 30-some years.

Me at computer picture

Now.... if anyone else has a better map as to who the nations of Israel became, I'm all ears, but I don't want feeble fulfillment bullsplat showing an ancient Israel map. OK Sinthesis. You had your shot. Next?

You're avoiding the verses. You're trying to turn the table onto me to define something you obviously can't. Just as I predicted I quote:

I have YET to hear an adequate explanation from the naysayers to these verses. Those offered come out twice as laughable.

OK, here's my map with the nations in red:

400px-Map_of_the_British_Empire_in_the_1920%27s.png

All you can show is an ancient map of Israel which is not many nations. That's indisputable.

Now, here's a link of what I look like awaiting an answer from the critics for the last 30-some years.

Me at computer picture

Now.... if anyone else has a better map as to who the nations of Israel became, I'm all ears, but I don't want feeble fulfillment bullsplat showing an ancient Israel map. OK Sinthesis. You had your shot. Next?

Yada yada yada.:lol Your map again makes my point. What you have shown is a map of the British Empire; not Israel. Consider your map again. The British Empire is comprised of many nations because the British people exercised sovereignty over those other nations. The sovereign power gave their name to various subject peoples found in Canada, Australia, India, etc. These indigenous nations throughout the world became known through colonization as a part of Britain. In this sense the British nation became a multitude of nations because of the extant of their dominion.

Israel also was sovereign over many gentile nations. Do you dispute the Word of God?

2Sa 8:11 - Which also king David did dedicate unto the LORD, with the silver and gold that he had dedicated of all nations which he subdued ;

2Sa 22:44 - Thou also hast delivered me from the strivings of my people, thou hast kept me [to be] head of the heathen: a people [which] I knew not shall serve me.
2Sa 22:45 - Strangers shall submit themselves unto me: as soon as they hear, they shall be obedient unto me.

Here we have King David subjugating gentile nations and gathering them under the authority of the King of Israel. Thus Israel was an empire; a nation, over a company of nations, all identified by the name of the authority, i.e. Israel. The prophecy of Gen 35 is fulfilled at this time, though the Messianic aspect was later fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

Gen 35:10 - And God said unto him, Thy name [is] Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.
Gen 35:11 - And God said unto him, I [am] God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;
Gen 35:12 - And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land.

When the United Kingdom was divided, the Northern Kingdom then had authority over some heathen nations, and the first king of the Northern Kingdom of Israel was from what tribe? Ephraim! This is why the Northern Kingdom composed of many tribes and peoples was known as Ephraim. The sovereign authority rested with Ephraim and the name became synonymous with the many nations under their control. Thus Ephraim's seed exerted rule over many nations, something Manasseh's descendants, though their own tribe, never did. This historical contrast between the relative greatness of Ephraim and Manassah satisfies the prophecy of Gen 48.

Gen 48:17 ¶ And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held up his father's hand, to remove it from Ephraim's head unto Manasseh's head.
Gen 48:18 - And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this [is] the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.
Gen 48:19 - And his father refused, and said, I know [it], my son, I know [it]: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.

The fable of Ten Lost Tribes has no racial merit. Sovereignty and cultural identity are the relevant factors.

THE MARKS OF ISRAEL
by COL. GORDON "JACK" MOHR
For Christ and Country

While Israelites remain in other countries, America is the home of millions of all the thirteen tribes (one out of many) and thus is representative of the whole House of Jacob. We are bound by Israel's responsibilities; fulfilling Israel's destiny. The MARKS are on us everywhere; in our NAME; in our SABBATH; in our INSTITUTIONS; in our PHILANTHROPY; in our COMMERCE; in our WEALTH; in our MINES; in our AGRICULTURE; in our CHURCHES; in our MISSIONARY ENTERPRISES; in our ARMED FORCES; in our POSSESSION OF THE BIBLE: - all BIRTHMARKS, which neither time, nor the ages, nor even our sin can wipe out.

1. Israel to be great and mighty nation. Gen. 12:2; 18:18; Deut. 4:7,8.

2. Israel to have multitudinous seed. Gen. 13:16; 15:5; 22:17; 24:60; 26:4, 24; 28:3, 14; 32:12; 49:22; Isa. 10:22; Hos. 1:10; Zech. 10:7,8.

3. Israel to spread abroad to the West, East, North and South. Gen. 28:14; Isa. 42:5, 6.

4. Israel to have a new home. 2nd Sam. 7:10; 1st Chron. 17:9.

5. Israel's home to be north-west of Palestine. Isa. 49:12; Jer. 3:18.

6. Israel to live in islands and coasts of the earth. Isa. 41:1; 49:1-3; 51:5; Jer. 31:7-10.

7. Israel to become a company of nations. Gen. 17:4-6, 15,16; 35:11; 48:19; Eph. 2:12.

8. Israel to have a Davidic King (a perpetual monarchy within Israel). 2nd Sam. 7:13,19; 1st Chron. 22:10; 2nd Chron. 13:5; Psa. 89:20, 37; Eze. 37:24; Jer. 33:17, 21, 26.

9. Israel to colonize and spread abroad. Gen. 28:14; 49:22; Deut. 32:8; 33:17; Psa. 2:8; Isa. 26:15; 27:6; 54:2; Zech. 10:8,9.

10. Israel to colonize the desolate place of the earth. Isa. 35:1; 43:19, 20; 49:8; 54:3; 58:11, 12.

11. Israel to lose a colony, then expand, demanding more room. Isa. 49:19, 20.

12. Israel to have all the land needed. Deut. 32:8.

13. Israel to be the first among the nations. Gen. 27:29; 28:13; Jer. 31:7.

14. Israel to continue as a nation forever. 2nd Sam. 7:16, 24, 29; 1st Chron. 17:22-27; Jer. 31:35-37.

15. Israel's home to be invincible to outside forces. 2nd Sam. 7:10; Isa. 41:11-14.

16. Israel to be undefeatable - defended by God. Num. 24:8, 9; Isa. 15-17; Micah 5:8, 9.

17. Israel to be God's instrument in destroying evil. Jer. 51:20; 51:19-24; Dan. 2:34, 35.

18. Israel to have a land of great mineral wealth. Gen. 49:25, 26; Deut. 8:9; 33:15-19.

19. Israel to have a land of great agricultural wealth. Gen. 27:28; Deut. 8:7, 9; 28:11; 33:13, 14, 28.

20. Israel to be rich by trading. Isa. 60:5-11; 61:6.

21. Israel to be envied and feared by all nations. Deut. 2:25; 4:8; 28:10; Isa. 43:4; 60:10, 12; Micah 7:16, 17; Jer. 33:9.

22. Israel to lend to other nations, borrowing of none. Deut. 15:6; 28.12.

23. Israel to have a new name. Isa. 62:2; 65:15; Hos. 2:17.

24. Israel to have a new language. Isa. 28:11 (The Bible, by means of which God speaks now to Israel, is English not Hebrew).

25. Israel to possess the gates of his enemies. Gen. 22:17.

26. Israel to find the aborigines diminishing before them. Deut. 33:17; Isa. 60:12.

27. Israel to have control of the seas. Deut. 33:19; Num. 24:7; Psa. 89:25; Isa. 60:5 (F. Fenton translates this last, "when rolls up to you all the wealth of the sea". That could not be unless Israel controlled it).

28. Israel to have a new religion (New Covenant.) Heb. 8:10-13; 9:17; Matt. 10:5-7; Luke 1:77; 2:32; 22:20; John 11:49-52; Gal. 3:13.

29. Israel to lose all trace of her lineage. Isa. 42:16-19; Hos. 1:9, 10; 2:6; Rom. 11:25.

30. Israel to keep Sabbath forever (one day in seven set aside). Ex. 31:13, 16, 17; Isa. 58:13, 14.

31. Israel to be called the sons of God (i.e., accept Christianity). Hos. 1:10-11.

32. Israel to be a people saved by the Lord. Deut. 33:27-29; Isa. 41:8-14; 43:1-8;44:1-3;49:25, 26; 52:1-12; 55:3-10, 13; Jer. 46:27, 28; Eze. 34:10-16; Hos. 2:23; 13:9-14; 14:4, 6.

33. Israel to be the custodians of the Oracles (Scriptures) of God. Psa. 147:19, 21; Isa. 59-21.

34. Israel to carry the Gospel to all the world. Gen. 28:14; Isa. 43:10-12 (witnesses), 21; Micah 5:7.

35. Israel to be kind to the poor and set slaves free. Deut. 15:7, 11; Psa. 72:4; Isa. 42:7; 49:9; 58:6.

36. Israel to be the heir of the world. Rom. 4:13.

37. Israel to be God's Glory. Isa. 46:13; 49:3; 60:1, 2.

38. Israel to possess God's Holy Spirit as well as His Word. Isa. 44:3; 59:21; Hagg. 2:5.

39. Israel to be God's Heritage, formed by God, forever. Deut. 4:20; 7:6; 14:2; 2nd Sam. 7:23; 1st Kings 8:51, 53; Isa. 43:21; 54:5-10; Hos. 2:19, 23; Joel 2:27; Micah 7:14 -18.

40. Israel is the nation appointed to bring glory to God. Isa. 41:8-16; 43:10, 21; 44:23; 49:3.

"YE SEED OF ISRAEL'S CHOSEN RACE,

YE RANSOMED OF THE FALL,

HAIL HIM WHO SAVES YOU BY HIS GRACE,

AND CROWN HIM LORD OF ALL."
[End]

I just thought I'd repeat your post again because these marks of Israel are worthy to be stated and studied. No explanation I ever heard came close to this. Everything else is watered down.

I just thought I'd repeat your post again because these marks of Israel are worthy to be stated and studied. No explanation I ever heard came close to this. Everything else is watered down.

Rom 9v4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

IMO God's chosen are always those who embrace His promises by faith.. for the just shall live by faith. It doesn't matter if you're a Jew, or a Gentile.

Israel on the other hand is God's chosen nation which shall be head over all other nations.. and Jerusalem is the city of the great King.. and this will be the case when the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled and Rev 11 comes to pass, and the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ.

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations:

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world..

so america is now babylon? think about it. america has pretty much abandon its christian influences. trust me. i have a post to do in the ct&a on the navy alowing chaplains to mary gays.

so like all "hebrews" i guess america is as just a stubborn and stiff necked and will be punished. so that city called spiritual sodom and gommorah is in america. jesus died in america? thirteen tribes of isreal. really?

jacob had twelve sons and when they came to the promised land the half-tribes were counted as one, as they took joseph position.

Rom 9v4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

In other words, he's saying (and for explanation), to the Israelites are given the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises and by these same people in the flesh (genealogy) Christ came.

And the promise of this new covenant is not as if it has not taken effect, for not all that you see as Israel (which are the Jews) are Israel. There's more to them scattered abroad (and these would embrace Abraham's faith and become Christians, so there's hope yet).

Likewise, just because someone is a flesh descendant of Abraham does not mean the promises go to them, after all, we have Ishmael, Esau, and the like, but the promises would go thru Isaac. Indeed these other lines are children of the flesh, but the lineage of Isaac is counted for the seed (which is why he mentioned Isaac because he is talking about a specific lineage here).

Yes, like Peter said, Paul's writings are hard to understand, so I thought some clarifying would be in order. He is misunderstood with straightforward interpretations oftentimes by the reader's own thoughts and understanding.

In other words, he's saying (and for explanation), to the Israelites are given the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises and by these same people in the flesh (genealogy) Christ came.

And the promise of this new covenant is not as if it has not taken effect, for not all that you see as Israel (which are the Jews) are Israel. There's more to them scattered abroad (and these would embrace Abraham's faith and become Christians, so there's hope yet).

Likewise, just because someone is a flesh descendant of Abraham does not mean the promises go to them, after all, we have Ishmael, Esau, and the like, but the promises would go thru Isaac. Indeed these other lines are children of the flesh, but the lineage of Isaac is counted for the seed (which is why he mentioned Isaac because he is talking about a specific lineage here).

Yes, like Peter said, Paul's writings are hard to understand, so I thought some clarifying would be in order. He is misunderstood with straightforward interpretations oftentimes by the reader's own thoughts and understanding.

No sir, isaac does not represent the hebrew lineage of Abraham, he represents the fullfillment of a promise given by faith.

Gal 4v28 Now we, brethren, as ISAAC was, are the children of promise.

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Rom 4v12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his SEED, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the SEED; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Gal 3v26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

The promise was always by faith, consider rahab who by faith recieved the promise though she was not a hebrew, consider israel in the wilderness of sin, who due to lack of faith all over twenty died in the wilderness except two. Joshua and Calab who because of their faith did enter the promised land. Over and over again, God has destroyed Israel while preserving the faithful. No sir the promise was never by race, it was always by faith.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back