Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Who Can Lay This To 'REST'??

Hello there Elijah 674,

Coming back to your original question,
I thought of what our Lord Himself says
about His resurrection body in Luke 24:39:-

'Behold my hands and my feet,
that it is I myself:
handle me, and see;
for a spirit hath not flesh and bones,
as ye see me have.'

* Interesting isn't it? (Flesh and bones / not flesh and blood)

* Don't you think that maybe our resurrection body will be like His,
not 'a spirit' but consisting of 'flesh and bones' as His own is ?

In Christ Jesus
risen and glorified

Wings

Well Wings?? You ran rightover this above post, that documents itself with this:

'I have clearly said in my posts that I believe Jesus is the highest "a god" but that his Father is greater than he and his Father glorifies him with the power he has because of Jesus' perfect love and obedience to the Father so that the Father loves him dearly.'

And Elijah here says:
So how can one CALL Christ the second Adam if he is just 'g'od, (whatever that means with a little blasphemious 'g'! for GOD?) And who are we created in the image of??? Somewhere along the way, we read that Christ IS IMMORTAL (twice stated!) & Adam was also, as long as he had access to the tree of life.

And Flesh + only Bones??? That sounds about like this other post? Very confusing! Just wondering, are you and he both the same one posting??;)

You post correctly:
'... for a spirit hath not flesh and bones,
as ye see me have.'

And about your question? No, 'i' do not see it that way. Ask yourself when flesh covers the bones, do we see BLOOD?? Yet, I am not overly concerned either way. We do know that the flesh of Christ after His resurection, did indeed have the scars of His crucifixion. And we know that Adam & Eve had flesh & bones with blood!

And we do see it documented in Eccl. 1:9-10 & Eccl. 3:15 that there is NOTHING NEW. And for me? That is meaning NO SIN RIDDLED Flesh,Blood, + bones!:)
Phil. 3:21, 1 Cor. 15:5-6, Acts 1:3, are per subject, and it stated that we know not what we will be like when resurrected, yet we will be like Him. You can look that one up for the exact wordings?

See Lev. 17:11-14 (for interesting verses)
'For the LIFE OF THE FLESH IS IN THE BLOOD..'
'For it is the life of all flesh.. for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof:..'

And John 6:53-56?? we do see the Spiritual application from Christ Himself, so your post thought?? It might be deeper that what I have thought?

---Elijah

So how can one CALL Christ the second Adam if he is just 'g'od, (whatever that means with a little blasphemious 'g'! for GOD?) And who are we created in the image of???

Moses, David, Abraham, Saul, could only be viewed as sons of God before Jesus' becoming the first true human son of God since Adam, by the grace through faith crediting them that status in Jesus.

Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come."

But for Christ all men were spiritually dead and therefore sons to no one any longer. They were just Adam's dead flesh but found life through Christ to become sons of God. Jesus being the first true human son of God since Adam their lives had to be transferred into him.

This is true spiritually first and bodily second: 1 Corinthians 15:20 "But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept."

Ephesians 2:5 "Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)"

Jesus was the mighty spirit Son of God before being sent to us in the flesh. He had to become a son of God in the flesh that he could replace our fallen father Adam and impart life to us.

Jesus was God's heavenly Son before he came to us to be a "son of man" declared by God to be his son in the flesh: John 3:17 "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

1 John 4:10 "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins."

Last edited by a moderator:
So how can one CALL Christ the second Adam if he is just 'g'od, (whatever that means with a little blasphemious 'g'! for GOD?)
Jesus is Israel

(Pertaining to the scripture which says that God would turn away ungodliness from Jacob.)

We need understand that Jacob was the figure of Christ. Just as Jacob was the father of the children of physical Israel, so Jesus became the father of spiritual Israel. That is why Jacob is not called by the name Israel there. Jesus is now that Israel he typified. Jesus, on that fleshly Jacob's behalf, and on all true Israelites of faith's behalf, became the one that "prevails with God" for them.

Isaiah 9:6 “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”

It would be an understatement to call Jesus, "The mighty God" if he were in fact "the almighty God". The first five verses of Isaiah chapter 11 tell us how Jesus is called "Wonderful" and "Counselor". Further, a prince is the Son of a higher up king.

So also when it calls Jesus "everlasting father" there it is talking about how Jesus corresponds to Jacob being the father of Israel. Jesus has become the "everlasting father" of spiritual Israel (all men of faith in this earth). And that is yet being completed as new men of faith gather to him.

The spiritual fulfillment of turning away ungodliness from Jacob is said to be the cleansing and refining of the church, which is true in part. But it is also in these following prophecies:

Psalms 2:8 "Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession."

Psalms 59:2 “Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloody men."

Psalms 110:1 "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."

So the spiritual fulfillment of this yet has not been completed. It began with Christ risen and glorfied.

Abraham pictured God and Isaac pictured the risen Son of God. This is because Isaac was set on the alter of sacrifice which is the thing that was necessary for Jesus to be risen and glorfied with power and immortality.

But Jacob pictured the son of man Jesus who perservered as Israel and won the promises that once he was glorified he could then share the benefits with the true children of Israel of faith.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back